Counselor Marriage And Family Job Description Sample
Seeking A Warm, Smart Marriage Counselor To Join Our Team
We Want to Meet You…
Are you a warm, smart, marriage and family therapist with a positive orientation who is interested in doing meaningful work with fantastic clients? Or a skilled, effective therapist with a strengths-based approach who is dedicated to helping your clients grow and thrive? Or a dynamic coach with a behavioral health background, and a passion for positive, empowering, love, life and career coaching? If so, we'd love to meet you.
Growing Self Counseling and Coaching a vibrant, positive, collaborative private practice setting in which we see motivated, high-functioning clients who primarily present seeking help with their relationships, a desire to make changes in their lives or careers, or with mild mental health concerns such as anxiety and depression. Many of our clients are interested life coaching, and personal growth. All our clients value a positive, evidence-based approach. We are based in Denver, Colorado but we are actively seeking to contract with marriage counselors, effective therapists, and dynamic life coaches to join our practice in your state.
Let's Grow, Together
In addition to our dedication to providing a supportive, transformative environment for our counseling and coaching clients, Growing Self is just as committed to supporting talented, passionate counselors and coaches in excelling at the work they love. Our contractors get the benefit of our marketing, billing, insurance submissions and administration systems. We connect you with a steady stream of great clients, help you build your ideal caseload, and assist you in creating your optimum work / life balance. As part of our supportive group, you are free to focus on the meaningful, satisfying work that you do best.
We're also here to support your professional development, and buffer you from the isolation that many private practitioners struggle with. When you become part of our vibrant, collaborative community you will have access to excellent supervision and/or peer consultation, supportive consultation groups, advanced clinical training opportunities, coaching around how to expand and retain your caseload, access to proprietary training materials, and the opportunity to develop supportive working relationships with a diversely talented team.
Part Time Hours, Full Time Pay
Our compensation is generous, and based on your education, years of experience, licensure, specialties and certifications. Our contractors generally build robust caseloads quickly, and have enormous earning potential -- well above the national average salary for helping professions. Best yet, our contractors typically earn more than what they would in a full-time position seeing clients a just few days a week. Our contract positions allow you to create your own schedule and take unlimited time off. This empowers you to have flexibility in your schedule, be there for your family, practice good self care, and create the work / life balance that is so critical for anyone in the helping professions.
We are all about showing up authentically and generously for our clients, and have the same attitude towards our colleagues. Our goal is for you to love this group as much as we do, and feel valued, appreciated, and excited about practicing your craft every day.
About The Position
We are seeking contractors who would like to work in a private practice setting, and who have specialized training and experience in the core services we provide to our clients: Marriage Counseling, Effective Therapy, Life Coaching and Career / Executive Coaching.
We would prefer to partner with practitioners that are available to grow their caseload to "full time" with us (approximately 16-24 clients per week), who are available to meet with clients in-person, as well as online, and who would like to establish a positive, long-term partnership with our group.
Flexible Hours: You create your own schedule within available hours at your own private office and from home if working with clients online. Our ideal candidate would be able to accommodate the scheduling preferences of our professional clients and be open to offering some evening and weekend availability as well as daytime hours.
We bring our clients meaningful, valuable help by providing excellent, ethical, and compassionate care from highly educated, well-trained experts who practice evidence-based forms of counseling and coaching. To ensure that our clients receive the best, we partner with practitioners who have:
- A Master’s or Doctoral degree in a related mental health field from a CACREP or APA accredited university
- Licensure to practice in your state of residence (LP, LMFT, LPC), although strong pre-licensed candidates will be considered.
- Ability to assess and effectively help clients with a wide variety of presenting concerns such as anxiety, depression, ADHD, (mild) trauma, life transitions, relationship issues, and grief and loss
- Competence with electronic record keeping systems and related technologies
- Excellent relationship building skills, professionalism with clients and colleagues, strong written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, and responsiveness to team members and clients
- Commitment to personal growth and professional development opportunities
- Ability to work independently, and also seek support and consultation when needed
- Access to your own laptop and high speed internet when working from home
- Commitment to contributing to our online community through writing articles for our blog, and through social media
- Coach training and / or certification is a plus
Qualifications For Marriage Counselors:
- A Master’s Degree or PhD from a CACREP or APA accredited graduate program that met AAMFT requirements for Marriage and Family Therapy licensure.
- Specific training and experience in evidence-based forms of couples counseling such as Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy and / or The Gottman Method
- Experience in helping couples successfully navigate a wide variety of issues beyond basic relationship repair, including recovery from infidelity, blended family situations, infertility, and grief and loss
- Training and experience in premarital counseling and assessment is a plus
- Experience (or willingness) to work with clients through online video
Qualifications For Therapists, Life Coaches and Career Coaches
- A Master’s Degree or PhD from a CACREP or APA accredited graduate program that met state requirements for licensure as an LPC or LP
- A positive, direct, strengths based approach towards personal growth work grounded in evidence-based theories and techniques
- Specific training and credentialing as a life coach, career coach or executive coach is a plus
- Career counselors: Knowledge and competence with career counseling assessments and client resources
- Experience (or willingness) to work with clients through online video
If you are interested in joining our team we'd love to meet you. Please click on this link to apply and submit your resume and cover letter to our clinical director Dr. Lisa Marie Bobby for consideration: https://growingself.typeform.com/to/MC3TzP
Licensed Marriage And Family Therapist Or Registered Intern
Established dual diagnosis treatment facility seeking experienced full time licensed therapist or registered marriage and family therapist intern. Dual licensure as an addiction counselor is desirable. Previous experience working in a substance abuse treatment facility is required. Duties include: individual therapy sessions, group facilitation, client record documentation, treatment planning, case management, and coordination of care within the treatment team. Knowledge of CARF accreditation standards and KIPU systems is desirable. Salary range 40,000 to 50,000 per year depending on qualifications. Six hour day shifts 9am to 3pm, weekend work and on call shifts required. Benefits package after probation period to include health insurance, dental and vision optional. Paid vacation time. Interviews are being scheduled now and position will be filled as soon as possible.
Adjunct Faculty - School Of Cultural & Family Psychology - Marriage & Family Therapy - San Jose Campus
SCHOOL OF CULTURAL & FAMILY PSYCHOLOGY
MARRIAGE & FAMILY THERAPY
SAN JOSE CAMPUS
If you value People, Diversity, Social Justice, and Participatory Decision-Making, we’d like to hear from you! The School of Cultural & Family Psychology is currently seeking outstanding Marriage and Family Practitioners-Scholars to join our diverse pool of adjunct faculty for the Spring, Summer and Fall semesters. The adjunct faculty member will teach MFT MA level courses in the School of Cultural and Family Psychology; there are several opportunities in the different programs. This Adjunct Faculty position is located in San Jose, CA. Pacific Oaks College’s School of Cultural and Family Psychology has 3 distinctMA in MFT programs, and TWO MA in MFT specializations:
The ‘Traditional’ MFT Program
The African American Family Studies Program
The Latina Family Studies Program
The Trauma Studies Specialization
The Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC) Specialization Examples of the MFT program courses available for teaching assignments in San Jose:
Communication & Counseling Skills
Theories of MFT * Professional Ethics & the Law
Personality Theories & Psychological Testing
Interface of Society and Human Development
Clinical Theories of Child Development
Culture, Attachment, and Trauma
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS * Teach assigned MFT courses at our San Jose Brach Campus
Become proficient (training offered) in Canvas (the learning management system) * Participate in MFT adjunct faculty meetings once per academic year while teaching
Post grades per scheduled deadlines.
QUALIFICATIONS: * PhD degree preferred, Masters degree required in Psychology, MFT, or Social Work.
Graduate teaching experience and/or a minimum of 3 years clinical experience
Exemplary Professional Experience
Desire to teach in Culture-centered Model, relational and
Licensure in Field for certain selected courses Effective November 15, 2017, please include the following attachments with your online application to be considered for this position: * CV and cover letter * 2 recent letters of recommendation (within the last 1-2 years ) * Highest degree unofficial transcripts (official transcripts will be required upon hiring) If you submitted an application prior to November 15, 2017 without these documents, your application will still be reviewed. However, these documents will be requested during the interview process. Pacific Oaks is an affiliate of TCS Education System. Pacific Oaks participates in E-Verify and verifies identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired through E-Verify.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Pacific Oaks offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws. Pacific Oaks offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of diversity and social justice. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical, vision, and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, 403b with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition discount, and other perks. Pacific Oaks is an affiliate of TCS Education System. To apply for this position or others, visit our Careers’ Page at: www.pacificoaks.edu Pacific Oaks participates in E-Verify and verifies identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Pacific Oaks offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws. * Posted Yesterday
- Part time * R0001534
Licensed Marriage And Family Therapist
- Perform mental health assessment or evaluation with written psychosocial history, identifiable treatment goals and plans.
- Provide individual, family and group therapies to adults, children, adolescents, couples and families.
- Support case management team to fulfill client psychosocial needs.
- Participate in all staff meetings.
- Provide crisis intervention services.
- Provide indirect services.
- Conduct and facilitate individual and group therapy.
- Participate as a team member in a professional and cohesive manner, sharing expertise whenever possible.
- Complete all requirement
Marriage And Family Therapist Specializing In Child/Adolescent Therapy
The Marriage and Family Therapist will be required to provide evaluate and develop individualized plan. Provide a variety of interventions that will focus on problem solving, behavior modification, counseling, coping skills, and other evidence based practice techniques.
The Marriage and Family Therapist will be part of a multi-disciplinary team that includes psychiatrists, psychiatric nurse practitioners, marriage family therapists, and medical support staff.
- Counsel patients on concerns, such as unsatisfactory relationships, divorce and separation, home management, and financial difficulties.
- Develop and implement individualized treatment plans addressing family relationship problems.
- Encourage patients to develop and use skills and strategies for confronting their problems in a constructive manner.
- Timely and appropriate assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning and treatment intervention.
- Appropriate selection of treatment modality to patient’s presenting problem.
- Collection information using testing, interviewing, discussion, and observation.
- Demonstrates expertise in a variety of treatment methodologies.
- Proper use of counseling techniques, interpersonal communication, interview techniques, conflict resolutions.
- Provides appropriate and timely documentation of clinical encounters.
- Adheres to all mandated guidelines for patient's clinical care and license.
- Renders appropriate guidance & therapy.
- Complies with organizational, departmental, state/federal guidelines & all regulatory agency policies and procedures.
Skills and Abilities:
· Direct experience with cognitive behavioral therapy, family therapy, child therapy, group therapy, and behavior modification.
· Ability to work well with others.
· Great teamwork skills.
· Good communication skills
· Ability to utilize/access computer Office Ally system to document patient charts.
• Minimum of Two (2) years of post-graduate experience in a behavioral health setting required.
• Master's degree
License, Certification, Registration
• Valid and current CA MFT license required.
Licensed Marriage And Family Therapist
Center for Intervention Spine (CIS) is seeking an experienced and licensed LMFT to join our established medical practice in the Arden Arcade area.
The LMFT is responsible for assisting referred patients to our Functional Restoration Program (FRP). Functional Restoration is a multidisciplinary team of experienced pain management specialists who are dedicated to assisting those with chronic pain to regain control of their lives. Our primary emphasis is recovery for the whole person and a return to a healthy and productive life
Current California Licensure as a LMFT is required.
· Completes psychosocial assessments and collaborates with patients to identify needs and implements plans
· May assist in performing FRP mid-program and end-program evaluations
· Provides psychodynamic interventions, problem solving, stress reduction, and developing coping skills
· Completes comprehensive assessments with behavioral health related diagnoses and recommendations for treatment planning
· Act as a consultant for patients going through the FRP and help develop customized treatment plans
· Collaborates with internal and external resources
· Prefer at least 2 years of behavioral health experience
· Spanish speaking preferred*
· Highly competitive pay rates
· Medical benefits + 401(k) plan
Direct Deposit Job Type:
Full-time position, Mon-Fri
Center for Interventional Spine uses the most innovative techniques, cutting-edge technology and evidence-based medicine to assemble individually tailored treatment options, including minimally invasive surgery. When necessary, our team can help with the transition from this conservative approach to surgical options with the area’s best surgeons. CIS also provides the full range of pain management including injections and a complete functional restoration program. Our dedicated team provides the highest quality and most complete health care possible. We value our reputation at CIS, in the community, and we are looking for a like-minded individual.
Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
Passages Addiction Treatment Centers is recruiting for LMFT’s for our beautiful Malibu and Venice facilities. As the highest regarded treatment center in the country, and accredited by TJC, Passages offers our clients a holistic approach to treatment that assists our clients to maintain sobriety. LMFT’s are an essential part of the Passages team. We are looking for motivated, compassionate individuals to join our team. Substance abuse experience is preferred, but not required.
Essential Duties and
Conducts psychosocial and functional assessments for assigned clients and families
Provides family therapy to clients based on identified needs
Actively participates in the multi-disciplinary team process by providing and sharing information with the Outpatient Administrator and other team members that contributes to/positively impacts the overall plan of treatment for the client and family
Assists the client and family in complying with the clinical/medical treatment initiated by the mental health staff such as offering strategies to cope with medication side effects
Works where indicated to effect behavioral changes in clients with or at risk for physical disorders and helps them support healthy lifestyle choices
Provides consultation and training direct care staff upon request to enhance their skill in treating mental health problems
Other duties as assigned
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Knowledge of chemical dependency and psychological disorders
Ability to summarize pertinent information for outpatient care plan via written documentation
Must be able to address and prioritize multiple task demands within established time frames
Must be flexible in work hours in order to meet facility needs
Must maintain self-control in volatile or hostile situations, such as when verbally or physically confronted
Must be able to set therapeutic limits and maintain therapeutic distance with clients and maintain
Masters Degree in psychology, counseling, marriage & family counseling or social work is required
Experience in a mental health and/or chemical dependency setting required
MFT licensure required
Minimum of 2 years of experience
Experience dealing with clients and documentation in a hospital and/or mental health facility required
This is a great opportunity to join our rapidly growing company.
If you are interested, please send your resume and cover letter with contact information.
Marriage And Family Therapist
- NV State licensure or ability to obtain required licensure
- Provide comprehensive behavioral health screenings and assessments of students as appropriate
- Provide individual, group, and family therapy
- Apply psychological principles, methodology, and techniques designed to modify behavior
- Perform crisis evaluation and behavioral intervention as needed
- Maintain appropriate records
- Work in coordination with school personnel and parents to develop appropriate programs for eligible students
- Collaborate in the development and implementation of an effective treatment plan based on the individuals IEP
- Ability to effectively communicate with teachers, administrators, and parents
- Ensure all services are performed in accordance with state laws and regulations
- Perform other LMFT duties/responsibilities required by the Program and within the scope of licensure and/or certification
- Experience working with pediatric or school-aged populations is required
- Competitive compensation with flexible pay options
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage, 401(k) Retirement Saving Plan with a discretionary company match)
- Flexible Spending Plan for medical and dependent coverage
- Professional Liability Coverage
- Licensure reimbursement
- Annual Professional Development stipend
- Professional membership stipend
- Unlimited CEUs through the Progressus Pathways Learning Center
- Many More
Licensed Marriage / Family Therapist - Independent Contractor
Central Coast Counseling Center, Inc. is located in Santa Maria, CA. We are looking for a motivated LMFT to work as an Independent Contractor. The ideal candidate would be bilingual and should have experience and interest in working with children. There are opportunities for self pay clients, however, insurance billing is our bread and butter.
Central Coast Counseling Center has an office manager who can help fill your calendar. You would have access to the infrastructure of an already established and well run office in the heart of the Central Coast.
Marriage And Family Therapist Intern
Marriage Family Therapist Trainee, Intern, or Licensed (Bilingual English/Spanish)
We are currently seeking a full-time Marriage and Family Therapist in our South Pasadena Mental Health Clinic. This individual will provide mental health services within the client’s home, school site, or clinical building site in the areas of San Gabriel and Southeast Los Angeles County. The person will also be responsible for providing clinical documentation to meet all County, State and Federal documentation requirements, and for meeting with the clinical supervisor on a regular basis to meet all Behavioral Board Sciences supervision requirements. This person will also review consumer records, organize information, and determine appropriate assessments. Additionally, this person will reappraise original goals and objectives and adapt them to individual consumer needs while coordinating activities, as well at design appropriate activities, materials, and methods for remediation according to individual consumers. This person will also evaluate consumer performance and indicate results and necessary revisions, and maintain records, forms, progress notes, outcome measures, as per DMH guidelines. Additionally, this person will travel to and attending trainings, meetings, conferences within Los Angeles County.
- Must currently hold the status of MFT Intern, or LMFT or LCSW
- Must have a valid California driver’s license and auto insurance
- Must have experience with students with learning disabilities, behavioral problems, and emotional disorders
- Must be bilingual English/Spanish speaking
- Upon Hire this person must: provide a Tuberculosis Test taken within 12 months; and pass a fingerprinting live scan background check
Please submit your resume or contact the following Career Agent:
Anthony Martin, 625 Fair Oaks, Suite 200, South Pasadena, CA 91030
Company website: www.tesidea.com or www.redesignlearning.org
In addition, we also provide employment opportunities for Speech-Language Pathologists, Special Education Teachers, School Psychologists, and Occupational Therapists.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!