Counting Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Flexo Press Machine Operator
A flexo press operator is a person who operates a flexo printing press. The flexo press operator works in a type of printing called flexography. Flexography is a method to print images from a raised printing plate onto corrugated sheets.
A flexo press operator knows how to operate and set up a flexographic printing press. The operator adjusts the speed of the press, can mount printing plates and cylinders into the printing press, and fill the dye font with ink. Operators feed the flexographic press with corrugated sheets which will be printed on, they need to be able to lift boxes of materials that can weigh at least 10 pounds and weigh over up to 70 pounds. Flexo press operators must be able to read job orders that gives them specific instructions on what the printing should look like as well as the design of the corrugated boxes. The flexo press operator is responsible for producing the entire printing job correctly. The operator is also responsible for cleaning the work area that surrounds the printer.
- Participate in a team environment that promotes our core values of Trust, Respect and Fairness; Hard Work, Responsibility and Merit; Teamwork, Learning & Growth.....and learning everyday.
- Believes in making others better around them.
- Understands the importance of being safe and conducting safe practices while working.
- Work with the assistance of another team member to produce finished goods.
- Perform machine setups based on information from the Production Card.
- Ensure a steady flow of the proper raw material.
- Load raw material into the machine.
- Oversee the machine helper in "catching" output and stacking, bundling, banding or moving finished goods to maintain a smooth workflow.
- Ensure that all finished goods are of high quality and meet job specifications to guarantee customer satisfaction.
- Cleanup of machine and work area during and after each job.
- Record job statistics on the daily production report and entering the information into the production reporting system.
- Properly account for time worked on each machine by entering daily activity into the time reporting system.
- Ensure that equipment is properly maintained and that any problems or maintenance needs are promptly communicated to the Shift Supervisor.
- Perform housekeeping on a continuous basis to ensure a clean and safe workplace.
- Suggest/Identify ways to improve cycle time, reduce errors or reduce cost of processing.
- Other duties as determined by Shift Supervisor
- Operate and setup simple machines such as the slitter and band saw.
- Operate and setup moderately complex machines such as the folder gluer, taper gluer and rotary die cutter.
- Operate and setup one or more highly complex machines such as the press or flexo.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret instructions and layouts on Production Cards in order to properly setup the machine and run the job.
- Stand in place for long periods of time.
- Bending, lifting, twisting on a continuous and repeating basis
- Ability to lift and move 70 lbs.
- Ability to clearly communicate with helpers, material handlers and other employees and managers as needed.
- Attention to detail, counting and a high level of numerical accuracy in working with fractions.
- Ability to focus on a single task in in a busy environment
- Awareness of and adherence to good industrial safety practices.
Skybox currently operates a three shift operation in a sheet plant environment and focuses on providing outstanding service to our customers. At Skybox we believe that people are the most crucial ingredient to delivering outstanding service. We start by respecting everyone, providing high levels of communication and involving employees in all aspects of our operation.
Skybox Packaging, LLC () designs, engineers and manufactures a full line of corrugated packaging, and distributes a full line of packaging supplies and equipment in central Ohio from our location in Mansfield. Skybox has recently teamed up with Atlantic Packaging, Ltd (largest privately owned integrated corrugated packaging company in Canada. () and intends to grow aggressively in the Ohio marketplace. Skybox has been in business for 20 years, originally began operations as Mr. Box and BrassPack Packing Supply; and continues to enjoy a healthy growth rate as a result of a relentless dedication to service, quality and continuous improvement.
Here are a few quotes from our customer survey:
They genuinely care about me and my company
Easy to do business with, when something goes wrong, the response is exceptional
They are phenomenal, they work for us and with us real well, wish I had more like them
Responds to our emergencies, they have come through for us many times
We have accomplished our growth by focusing on people and building a workplace that is more than just a job for our employees. We continue to develop our workplace according to our core values:
Trust, Respect and Fairness
Hard Work, Responsibility and Merit
Teamwork, Learning and Growth
Have fun every day; experience the Joy of Excellence
Machine Operator / Production Operator
Now hiring 1st and 2nd shift at $11 hr to start
The Company offers a competitive hourly wage and comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k), 10 paid holidays, paid vacation and personal days. Manufacture of silicone-based sealants, adhesives and lubrication products, plus PVC foam materials, for a wide range of applications.. Currently, we are experiencing growth in our PVC Foam and Silicone Sealants and Adhesives divisions. Openings exist for experienced talent for 1st and 2nd shift production opportunities.
- Experienced Mixers (5+ years’ experience)
- Machine Operators
- Packaging Operators
- Quality Control Technician (5+ years ‘experience)
- Set up machines (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start a production cycle
- Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed)
- Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools
- Test operation of machines periodically
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift
- Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Maintain activity logs
- Proven experience as a machine operator
- Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer etc.)
- Understanding of production procedures
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Physical stamina and strength 15 lbs to 40 lbs lifting
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus
Fabricator / Polisher / Saw Jet Operator / CNC Operator / Machine Oper
We are looking for experienced Saw Jet Operators- CNC Operators - Fabricators/Laminators and Polishers
Experience is a plus- Must be Dependable- Team Worker- Able to Speak/Understand English- Must be able to lift 100 lbs (shop workers)
Pay Depending on Experience
We use the newest Technology and Sophisticated Tooling to help you do the job right with the highest Quality!
Daytime, Evening and Graveyard positions needed Immediately- We pay extra for you Night Owls!!!
Entry-Level Machine Operator (Night Shift - Starts Asap!)
Job Title: Machine Operator (Assembly, Packaging, Extrusion - to start ASAP!)
Duration: 11-month Contract
Pay Rate: $9-$11/hour (depends on experience)
Location: Steele, Alabama 35987
Shift A: Sunday through Tuesday- 5:45 AM to 6:00 PM; Wednesday- 5:45 AM to 12 Noon
Shift B: Wednesday- 11:45 AM- 6:00 PM; Thursday through Saturday- 5:45 AM to 6:00 PM
Shift C: Sunday through Tuesday- 5:45 PM to 6:00 AM; Wednesday- 5:45 PM to 12 Midnight
Shift D: Wednesday- 12 Midnight- 6:00 AM; Thursday through Saturday- 5:45 PM to 6:00 AM
Note: Kindly make sure that you are amenable to at least one of these shifts before applying.
The Machine Operators, under limited supervision:
· Sets up and operates major automated assembly machines, packaging machines and extrusion machines.
· Completes routine machine setups including changeovers, parts loading and preventive maintenance.
· Troubleshoots machine malfunctions, corrects routine problems and replaces defective machine components.
· Refers more complex problems and/or programming changes to a technician.
· Is responsible for safety, and housekeeping for the respective work area(s).
· Is responsible for quality checks and reporting in PeopleSoft and other systems.
· Assists in cycle counting and resolution of inventory issues.
· Is capable of performing all Assembler and Machine Operator roles and requirements.
· Trains, monitors and coordinates the work of Assemblers and Operators including agency employees.
· Assists Supervisor to achieve day to day safety, quality and goals.
· 2 or more years of experience as a machine operator in plastic extrusion lines, or high speed assembly lines, or numerical control machines.
· Basic knowledge of the operation, maintenance, and parts of extrusion lines, or high speed assembly lines, or numerical control machines.
· Knowledge of materials manufacturing.
· Skill in handling power tools.
· Ability to read drawings and product specifications.
· Experience in operating tube winders or similar equipment.
· Availability of time to work at night, on weekends and 12-hour shifts.
· Computer literate (Microsoft Office, PeopleSoft/MRP, Databases etc.).
· Ability to train others.
· Excellent team player.
· Positive, team oriented attitude.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is enthusiastic, hard-working, has a can-do attitude, and has the ability to bring new experience, disciplines and knowledge to complement and strengthen the team.
We look forward to working with you!
Machine Operator - Lectra Cutting Machine Operator
Looking for an individual who is highly motivated to work in a successful fast-moving environment. Must have a minimum of 2 years experience in a production setting as a CNC machine operator. Must posses good trouble shooting skills and be capable of training others to maintain a high standard of quality. Must be flexible to cross training in other area's. Basic Skills required are: typing, reading, math, and computer skills. Must be able to read a ruler. Must have a strong attention to detail skills. Must be safety-conscious and capable of multi-tasking.
Great Family Company to work for
Concrete Pump Operator / Machine Operator
• Recommend measures to improve productivity/quality
• Requisition materials and supplies
• Resolve work problems
• Set up, loads and unloads machines and equipment
• Train staff in safety consciousness, and policies
• Maintains tools and equipment associated with concrete pumps mounted on trucks, platforms, or separate placing booms
• Experience as a construction worker an asset
• Good communication skills
• Great leadership ability
• Solves problems effectively
• Well organized
$16 - $20 /HR
Since 1975, Central Broward Construction is a full service commercial masonry contractor. CBC works in Dade, Broward, and West Palm Beach counties. CBC owns and operates all of our equipment. We are in need of a dedicated mechanic to keep all equipment SAFE and Fully Functional.
Machine Operator / CNC Mill And Lathe Operator
1. CNC MILL AND LATHE OPERATOR
Responsible for operating machine tools to produce precision metal parts. Produces small batches or large quantities of metal parts. Ensure products meet precise specifications.Primary responsibilities
- Operate machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to produce metal parts.
- Review electronic or written blueprints or specifications for a job.
- Calculate where to cut or bore.
- Shape steel, aluminum, titanium, plastic, silicon and other materials.
- Determine how fast or slow workpiece is fed into machine.
- Determine how much material to remove.
- Select tools and materials for the job.
- Plan the sequence of cutting and finishing operations.
- Mark the workpiece to show where cuts should be made.
- Position workpiece on the drill press, lathe, or milling machine.
- Monitor and control feed rate and speed.
- Ensure workpiece is properly lubricated and/or cooled.
- Regulate temperature of workpiece.
- Detect problems by listening for specific sounds.
- Adjust cutting speed to compensate for harmonic vibrations.
- Monitor the accuracy of cuts.
- Replace dull cutting tools.
- Check accuracy of work against blueprints and specifications.
- Produce large quantities of parts.
- Determine how automated equipment will cut a part.
- Determine cutting path.
- Concert path, speed, and feed information into set of instructions for machine tool.
- Use manual and computer-controlled machinery.
- Write basic programs.
- Modify programs in response to problems.
Positions available to start immediately.
Apply in person:
5415 N 5th St Philadelphia PA 19120
If interested and meet qualifications CALL OUR RECRUITERS AT 215-224-9700 for more information.
Type: Full-timeJob Type:
Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour
2. MACHINE OPERATOR
On Site Personnel, LLC is seeking for experienced CNC machine operator to work with our gear manufacturing client located near Ivyland, PA
Pay: $12/hr. Hours Mon- Fri. 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Overtime is available
Responsible for operating CNC machine
Deburring parts with grinding wheel
Light assembly and packaging.
2 years of experience working in warehouse environment and operate machine.
Operating CNC experience is a plus
Mechanically inclined and good problem solving ability.
Good Math skills.
Attention to detail and fast learner
High school diploma
Apply in person:
5415 N 5th St Philadelphia PA 19120
If interested and meet qualifications CALL OUR RECRUITERS AT 215-224-9700 for more information.
Salary: $12.00 /hour
At Onsite Personnel, we consistently deliver quality, cost-effective staffing services with a comprehensive screening and training system to provide highly qualified workers for your business. Onsite Personnel takes pride in going the extra step to assure satisfaction of our customers. Our ever-growing client base is a testament to our dedication and hard work.
Machine Operator - Finish Blade Operator
Albuquerque Asphalt is accepting applications for a Finish Blade Operator
Must be capable of finishing subgrade & base course for parking lots, roadways, and highways.
Minimum 2 years experience is required.
Hourly Rate D.O.E
We are seeking Machine Operators to become an integral part of our team! You will help produce high end products by running machines, and working in a manufacturing environment. 1st and 2nd shifts available! $14-16/hr. to start, full time with benefits!
- Assemble and produce different products with various machines
- Arrange appropriate transportation of products
- Quality Inspection
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in manufacturing and machine operating
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
- HS diploma or GED required
- Must be able to pass criminal BG check and drug test
Midwest Staffing Group is not your "traditional staffing" agency, we don't just send you an employee. Midwest Staffing Group is a staffing company that specializes in helping you find innovative ways to increase productivity and profitability.
Since opening in 1990, Midwest Staffing Group has worked towards excellence for our employees and our clients. Our success is due to the intelligent, talented people who work well together focused on a common goal: To uphold our commitment to our Employees and Client.
Machine Operator - 1St Shift
As a Tigerpoly PRODUCTION ASSOCIATE, you will earn a starting hourly pay rate of $12.00, including shift premium. You will receive above average automatic pay increases every six months for the first two years, then annually thereafter with the ability to earn over $17 per hour. Tigerpoly offers a competitive benefit package with medical, dental and vision eligibility the first of the month following 30 days of employment. Associates are eligible for paid time off, including paid plant shutdown [approximately two weeks per year], after six months of employment. Benefits also include paid holidays upon hire.
Production Associate - 1st shift: (7am-3:30pm.) Mon-Fri, plus additional hours/weekends as needed
Operates automatic and semi-automatic rubber injection, plastic injection and blow molding machines to produce quality parts by following work instructions on the process sheets and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Assembles parts to complete units or subassemblies.
Inspects parts according to quality standards.
Repacks outsourced parts according to customers' specifications.
Utilizes a variety of hand tools to perform job duties, such as scissors, calculator, clippers, gauges, torch, vacuum cleaner, cutters, knife, welders, measuring devices, ladder, hand jack, etc.
Completes and submits accurate production reports on a daily basis.
Adheres to all PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) safety requirements.
Makes suggestions to improve work processes, quality, etc.
Participates in 5S activities.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
One year of manufacturing experience highly desirable.
Significant manual dexterity is required plus the ability to operate various hand tools.
Basic English skills (verbal and written) is required to understand process sheets, etc. plus basic math skills and the ability to discern differences in colors.
Must have good work ethic, punctuality and excellent attendance record, attention to detail and be quality conscious, be a quick learner and be team oriented.
Must be able to stand and walk consistently throughout an 8+ hour work day.
Must be able to work additional hours and weekends, as necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!