Crab Butcher Job Description Sample
Lead Sales Associate-Ft In Crab Orchard, KY
At Dollar General, our customer is at the center of everything we do! We are a fast-moving Fortune 200 publicly-traded company with more than 14,000 stores and 14 distribution centers in 44 states, growing by hundreds of stores each year. We work in an energetic atmosphere that embraces innovation and teamwork. At Dollar General, you can see a clear and fast path to career growth and success. We are committed to attracting talented and motivated people who can advance our mission of "Serving Others." Let's Grow Together! GENERAL SUMMARY: The Lead Sales Associate helps maintain a clean, well-organized store with a customer-first focus. The duties of the Lead Sales Associate include assisting customers in locating and purchasing merchandise, operating a cash register, stocking and recovering merchandise, cleaning the store, and performing other duties as assigned by the Store Manager to maximize store profitability and customer satisfaction while protecting company assets. Lead Sales Associates perform the duties of a Sales Associate and act in a lead capacity in the absence of the Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager. DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Provide superior customer service leadership; greet and assist customers.
Operate cash register and scanner to itemize and total customer’s purchase, collect payment from customers and make change, bag merchandise, and assist customers with merchandise as necessary.
Follow company work processes to receive, open and unpack boxes, cartons and totes of merchandise; stock merchandise, restock and rotate merchandise on shelves, and build merchandise displays.
Clean the store; take out trash; dust and mop store floors; clean restroom and stockroom; and help set up sidewalk displays.
Assist in implementation and maintenance of planograms.
Open and close the store under specific direction of the Store Manager.
Perform additional duties typically performed by the Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager, in their absence. KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
Effective interpersonal and oral communication skills.
Understanding of safety policies and practices.
Ability to read and follow planogram and merchandise presentation guides.
Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
Ability to perform cash register functions.
Knowledge of cash, facility, and safety control policies and practices.
Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier accountability and deposit control.
Ability to drive own vehicle to the bank to deposit money. WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent and six months of supervisory experience (or related experience/training) preferred. WORKING CONDITIONS:
Frequent walking and standing
Frequent bending, stooping, and kneeling to run check out station, stock merchandise and unload trucks; which may also require the ability to push and/or pull rolltainers for stocking merchandise
Frequent handling of merchandise and equipment such as handheld scanners, pricing guns, box cutters, merchandise containers, two-wheel dollies, U-boats (six-wheel carts), and rolltainers
Frequent and proper lifting of up to 40 pounds; occasional lifting of up to 55 pounds
Occasional climbing (using step ladder) up to heights of six feet
Fast-paced environment; moderate noise level
Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions
Occasional or regular driving/providing own transportation to make bank deposits, attend management meetings and travel to other Dollar General stores. Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Requisition ID: 2016-108200 Street: 305 MAIN ST External Company URL: http://www.dollargeneral.com
We are looking for a goal-oriented Meat Cutter who thrives on being successful. El Rio Grande Latin Market offers professional opportunities for career growth and development to individuals seeking to make an impact.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the quality of products sold to customers and assures that quality standards conform to state regulations and Company expectations.
- Preferably knowledge of meat cuts Halal & Kosher
- Organize, upkeep, and maintain back stock in good order and easily accessible.
- Cut and separate meat: whole chicken, beef, and pork.
- Understand and recognize the different parts of meat products sold to customers, and the different techniques that can be used to cook the products.
- Package, weigh, and price Meat department merchandise.
- Maintain overall department appearance and replenish display cases.
- Follow established Weights and Measures procedures (tares) mandated by the state.
- Suggest Company products and services to customers.
- Operate equipment and machinery such as baler, forklift, etc. based on operational needs.
- Other duties common to the Meat department may be assigned by the supervisor as needed.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in cutting, and producing traditional Hispanic Meat cuts preferred.
- High school diploma/GED required or equivalent work experience
- College coursework preferred
- Must be 18 years of age
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) highly preferred
- Work well with others in a team oriented environment where one willingly takes on additional tasks with a positive attitude to help out the team/department.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services - this includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to coach and lead diverse work teams to achieve performance, quality, cost, and service goals
- Requires regular attendance and/or physical presence at the job
- Fast paced, high volume, detail oriented work environment
- Exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and toxic or caustic chemicals
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Occasionally requires the ability to move, lift, carry, pull or push heavy objects or materials.
- Lift up to 50 pounds unassisted.
- Requires extensive use of hands
- Reach above and below shoulder height, constant walking, standing in one place for long periods of time, bending, stooping, lifting, etc.
- Work in hot and cold environments.
- Follow company health and safety rules and wear protective equipment when and where applicable.
- Safely use food handling and sanitation chemicals and equipment to maintain department cleanliness standards and local, State and Federal agencies regulations and requirements.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the cyclical nature of the grocery industry, team members are required to work varying shifts and schedules, including nights, weekends, and holidays, which reflect the Company's operating requirements.
El Rio Grande Latin Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Meat Cutter Butcher
Meat Cutting/Slaughter. Meat cutting/butcher experience required.
M Hospitality Butcher
M Hospitality is currently hiring experienced restaurant professionals who are passionate about upholding the highest standards of service and food preparation. If you are qualified, please reply via ZipRecruiter.
The butcher is responsible for the cutting and preparation of any meats processed in our commissary for resale in any of our restaurants. He/She must be able to prepare and cut meats in a fast paced environment and in a consistent manner. It is a high pressure work environment with time deadlines to be met. He/She must have organizational skills and the ability to identify and act quickly on job duties, while being efficient. Although the Butcher's job is focused, he/she must be prepared to work as an integral part of a team in a dynamic workplace. He/she must understand the importance of safety while working with knives and other electrical cutting equipment.
- Responsible for preparation of any prepared meats.
- Prepare all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Able to commit to an early morning work schedule.
- Restock all items as needed.
- Clean and maintain station practicing good safety, sanitation and organizational skills.
- Understanding of all equipment in the butcher station, have the knowledge to maintain and clean all equipment.
- Perform additional responsibilities as instructed by the GM or Kitchen Manager, although may not be as detailed as primary responsibilities.
- Ensure quality and safety of food, by performing standard, and any additional sanitary measures including sweeping floors, clean surfaces, properly cover and storage of food items according to standards and procedures.
- Demonstrate a positive, helpful attitude, as well as presenting professional conduct and appearance at all times.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
The M Hospitality family is an enthusiastic group of dedicated professionals, and we pride ourselves on maintaining an eye for detail. If you have a genuine interest in joining the team, we’d love to hear from you!
Meat Cutter Butcher / Meat Helpers
Happy Foods a local owned grocery store has several openings for a full time meat cutter at our North location 5420 Leavenworth Rd Kansas City Ks, and our West location 6700 Kaw Drive Kansas City, Ks looking for someone with meat cutting experience with all cuts of meat. We also have openings for meat department helpers experience preferred but will train the right person. Competitive pay, medical, dental, & vision insurance available. Please send resume and desired salary to email@example.com call with questions 913-299-0956 ask for Lance
Meat Cutter Butcher
Big Meat Company in Vernon looking for experienced butchers morning shift fast paced, heavy lifting must be eager to work 626.452.8310
Full Time Meat Processor needed for Del Monte Meat Co. in our West Sacramento plant.
We are currently seeking a talented Butcher Assistant who will work in our plant assisting our butchers processing beef, pork, lamb & poultry products for restaurant and food service operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- packaging processed fresh meat
- Grinding, weighing, and wrapping meats
- Knowledge of primal meat cuts helpful but not required.
- Assist in meeting daily production goals
- Assist in set-up and break down of production room.
- Operate all equipment safely
- Maintaining high sanitation standards
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs
- Ability to manage time in a fast paced industry
- Ability to work in a temperature controlled environment
- Ability to work with a team
Candidates must be reliable, responsible, and punctual, with a positive attitude.
* Successful drug test screening and background a pre-requisite for employment
- Competitive Wages, based on experience
- Medical and Dental
- PTO (Personal Time Off)
- Paid Holidays
- 401k with company match
Please forward resume via email to apply for this position or apply in person at 4051 Seaport Blvd, West Sacramento,CA between the hours of 9 am and 2 pm M-F.
Del Monte Meat Co. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Chefs' Warehouse is a specialty food distributor that began sourcing products for high-end chefs over 30 years ago. With locations in New York City, Washington D.C., San Francisco, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Portland, Miami, and more, The Chefs' Warehouse serves the finest restaurants, country clubs, hotels, caterers, culinary schools and specialty food stores around the country. We define specialty food products as gourmet foods and ingredients that are of the highest grade, quality or style as measured by their uniqueness, exotic origin or particular processing method. Our product portfolio consists of imported and domestic specialty food products, such as artisan charcuterie, specialty cheeses, oils and vinegars, hormone-free protein, truffles, caviar and chocolate.
Team Member - Butcher Block - Meat Clerks - Deli Clerk
Team Member : Responsible for re-stocking the meat cases, assisting customers with selections, providing excellent customer service. As a Butcher Block/Seafood Clerk, some of your duties will include preparing and stocking meat, poultry, and seafood displays with high-quality products. This will include weighing, packaging, and seasoning product for customers. You will provide customers with product suggestions and share tips for preparing different items. You will ensure that all product meets the highest freshness, quality, and safety standards. You will be responsible for ensuring compliance with all food safety and sanitation requirements throughout your daily work. You will assist with cleaning and sanitizing food preparation areas, tools, and equipment. In some areas, you may be required to obtain a food handler’s certification. More details are available in store. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Our products are guaranteed 100%. Our fresh departments; meat, seafood, produce, deli and bakery, have friendly associates to serve you 7 days a week. Our beef and pork are cut by our butcher on-site at each store. We even cut fruits and vegetables on-site. You’ll love our hand-breaded fried chicken from the deli and the incredible French Bread, Bolillo Rolls and Donuts made fresh in our bakery.
Lucky does mean low prices... and so much more. We’re committed to bringing you real low prices you can count on every day. Come in and see why Lucky Means Low Prices.
Butcher, dealing with beef, pork, veal, lamb, chicken breakdown. Friendly and fast, willing to learn if needed.
A&S Fine Foods Merrick is a known staple in the Merrick/Bellmore community. We are a family owned & operated business dedicated to serving quality gourmet foods and unparalleled customer service since 2006.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!