Crayon Grader Job Description Sample
Operator - Motor Grader
BLYTHE CONSTRUCTION, INC., a Major Heavy Highway Construction Co. located in Charlotte, NC has immediate opening in our Asphalt Division for an Experienced Motor Grader Operator. We offer Competitive Wages, Vacation, Holidays, 401K, Health, Dental, Vision, and Wellness Plan.
For 90 years, the professional men and women of Blythe Construction, Inc. have literally paved the way for hundreds of public and private projects that have supported theSoutheast's rise to prominence. From large interstate highways to small commercial site development, Blythe Construction employees perform with pride and creativity. We approach every project with a dedication to efficiency, technology and, most of all, safety. Blythe Construction is proud to be a part of this area's history and development, and a partner in the Carolina’s future.
A Motor Grader Equipment Operator is an hourly-rated skilled craft position that performs on construction projects any combination of the duties described more fully, below. A Motor Grader Equipment Operator typically performs a wide variety of tasks, transferring from one task to another as the work flow dictates.
- Proper pre-start and daily Maintenance Including lubrication
- Keep equipment clean and well maintained
- Notify supervisor if equipment needs repair
- Tire pressure checks
- Monitor all engine gauges
- Operating skills in blade control
- Scrap and level dirt
- Mix materials
- Shape and blade sub grades
- Balance and rough shaping of base course materials
- Operate to fine grade specifications
- Fine grade horizontal surfaces, shoulders and slopes
- Grade plan requirements and set grade standards
- Dressing of shoulders and slopes
- Demonstrate the ability to lead a crew and delegate work within work scope
- Understand production and quantity requirements
- Utilize automatic grade control system
- Schedule work and maintain production
- Set forth specifications and plans
- Understand basic survey nomenclature
- Judge distance and slopes accurately
- Make decision based on verifiable standards
- Perform incidental work items and duties included within other crafts
General. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and Experience. This position typically is not an entry-level job, as it requires demonstrable previous experience as a Motor Grader Equipment Operator. A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred. Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees. Three (3) to Five (5) years or more of industry related experience is required for this position, with an emphasis on roads, highways, and bridges.
- Physical Demands. The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by a Motor Grader Equipment Operator to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Constant physical effort, including standing, is required during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day. Employee must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and to stoop, bend, and crouch as required to perform Key Duties.
- Frequently work with hands extended overhead, sometimes in conjunction with the operation of hand power tools.
- Ability to lift and carry, on a frequent basis, at least 50-90 pounds personally, and up to 150 pounds with assistance.
- Maintain constant alertness to the multiple concurrent activities of the construction site, including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
- Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in varying weather conditions.
- The Operator must be able to climb on and off heavy mobile equipment safely.
- Work Environment. The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that a Motor Grader Equipment Operator encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high levels of noise, grease, and dust that is typically associated with a construction project.
- Employee regularly works near heavy equipment and moving machinery.
- Work may involve a variety of substances commonly found on construction sites such as form oil, grease, curing compounds, gasoline, diesel fuel and ready mixed concrete.
We promote a Drug-Free Workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability are encouraged to apply.
Blythe Construction's list of services include complex highway projects, site development, paving, utility and drainage systems, surveying, RAP and hot mix sales, and state of the art bridge building. We provide multiple delivery systems in design-build, bid-build, public-private-partnerships and design-build finance. Blythe can take your job, no matter the size, from the design stage to the final layer of asphalt.
Blythe Construction's parent company, Eurovia, operates through a network of 330 agencies and 770 production sites in 17 countries around the world. Blythe's strength lies in its ability to capitalize on the commercial, material and technical capabilities of a multi-national corporation while developing close-knit community relationships at the local level.
Motor Grader Operator
In order to apply for the position, please take seven (7) minutes to complete our survey. Copy and paste the following link into your browser, http://www.cindexinc.com/c/B2E206, and keep reading.
ONLY CANDIDATES THAT COMPLETE THE SURVEY WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION.
Under the direction of the Foreman, the Motor Grader Operator is responsible for excavation and embankment to grade and will lay asphalt, base and other materials. The Motor Grader Operator will primarily perform finish grade work to blue tops or other close specification controls/tolerances. May also grade haul roads and perform other general motor grader work.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Operates the motor grader in order to prep sub-grade, lay asphalt, base and other materials.
- Performs daily inspection on equipment for issues and/or deficiencies; completes inspection paperwork and notifies the Foreman of any issues/defects.
- May assist the crew, when needed, in operating other equipment and/or helping the laborers on the ground.
- Wears appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times while on the job site (i.e. vest, earplugs, glasses, hard hat, etc.)
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of experience as Finish Motor Grader is required with the ability to adhere to strict inspection guidelines.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness in the quality of the work; strong attention to details skills required.
- Demonstrates the ability to complete the work in a timely manner
- Demonstrates good eye-hand coordination, balance and depth perception
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency in responding to all situations.
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a number of diverse locations, as work locations change regularly, and ability to work varying schedules. Overtime and weekend work are required, as necessary.
- Demonstrates ability to collaborate and work effectively as a team.
- Demonstrates responsibility in reporting to work on a consistent and timely basis.
The Motor Grader Operator while performing the essential functions of this job is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The Operator is frequently exposed to high, precarious places or outside weather conditions. The Operator can be exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
While performing the essential functions of the job, the Operator is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, lift above their head, and talk or hear. The Operator is also required to kneel, crouch or stoop, climb ladders, bend at the waist, squat and crawl in tight or confined spaces to perform the essential functions of the job. The Operator must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision. Ascending or descending stairs is required, and movement of uneven terrain is frequently required to carry out essential duties.
The Operator will spend their time on the physical job-site. This position is exposed to high temperatures, cool/cold temperatures and loud noises. Work in the construction area poses significantly greater risk due to moving construction equipment and active construction zones with trip and fall hazards.
E-Z Bel Construction, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities, females, disabled persons and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Our core clients include the City of San Antonio, Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT), San Antonio area municipalities and various developers.
E-Z Bel is known to take on complicated projects with significant traffic control and constructability issues. Although the Company primarily operates as a general contractor, E-Z Bel also has a full service traffic signal and roadway illumination department that performs both as a prime contractor and a subcontractor.
Motor Grader Operators (1)
Gibbs & Register, Inc. Florida's leading civil firm is seeking an experienced Motor Grader Operator.
Will be working in Orlando, Lakeland/Bartow, Tampa, and other Florida markets.
Employees operating a vehicle for Work Site Employer’s purposes will be required to maintain a valid, eligible driver’s license, and a driving record acceptable to our insurance carrier at all times. Requires previous experience minimum of 3 years. Job requires frequent lifting of 25 - 100 lbs., stretching, stooping, bending, squatting, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and kneeling.
We offer a competitive salary & comprehensive benefits package. G&R is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. Applications will only be accepted for open and available positions. Applications may be completed on our website www.gibbsandregister.com, and emailed to our HR department or faxed to 407-877-1663.
We will be a company that.....G.I.V.E.S.
Golden Rule: Treat others the way you want to be treated
Interact with integrity, professionalism, and friendliness
Safe place people enjoy working
Heavy Equipment Operator - Grader
We are seeking an experienced motor grader operator to become a part of our team. You will operate equipment to install an set up base gravel for asphalt paving.
- Safely operate a motor grader
- Inspect equipment before and after use
- Manage hired trucks on job site
- Communicate need for maintenance or repair
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures
- Previous experience in grader operating
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to handle physical workload
Finished Grader Operator
A local company, located in Stuart, FL is currently looking for Finished Grader/Bobcat Operators for immediate hire.
Candidate must have the following:
- Must have own transportation
- Communication Skills
- Finished Grade Experience
Finish Grader Operator
Southland Construction, Inc. is a general contractor providing vertical, heavy highway, and utility construction services in Florida since 1977. Southland has employed as many as 205 full time experienced people with a wide variety of talents second to none in the construction industry. We perform services for both public and private clients with annual revenues over 150 million dollars.
The Grader Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the self-propelled motor grader. The Grader Operator performs either rough or fine grade finishing, precisely spreading and mixing materials in order to dry and prep roads, construct road surface to precise grade specifications, lay cold mix, and/or shave and rip out old road surfaces.
Operate the grader and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
Precisely operate grader blade to windrow gravel to the center of the road.
Operate grader controls to regulate height and angle of the grader blade and lower scarifier to loosen packed soil to permit grading.
Ensure a sound understanding of the issues involving ground disturbance.
Driver grader in successive passes over working area, observing reference stakes or hand signals of other workers, to level the surface to the specified grade.
Feel levers and listen to equipment sounds to determine the depth of the cut.
Operate Grader on public roadways, maintaining proper awareness of ones surroundings.
Finish grade base surface preparation to within half an inch.
Perform routine cleaning and maintenance to ensure smooth operation of the grader.
Ensure grader is in proper gear, and is not moving too fast for working conditions.
Demonstrate an understanding of grades and interpret roadway plans and drawings.
Operate other heavy equipment and other construction related duties as required.
3-5 years of experience operating a motor grader.
Knowledge of GPS systems preferred, but not required.
Ability to understand grade stakes.
*We are an Equal Opportunity Employer*
Fine Grade Motor Grader Operator
Jay-Reese has an immediate opening for a Fine Grade Motor Grader Operator. The Motor Grader operator will be responsible to grade excavation and embankment and lay base and other materials. This operator will operating one or more types of various heavy equipment and general work. In addition to the rough work responsibilities, the operator will also be able to perform finish grade work to blue top or other close specification control, no exceptions. Jay-Reese is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Jay-Reese offers competitive wages as well as employees are eligible for year end bonus. Jay-Reese also offers advancement opportunities for those with strong performance and great attitudes with willingness to learn.
Finish Grader Operator
Construction Company looking for experienced finish grader operator. Candidate must have the ability to read plans, figure grade, and use GPS control machine. Should be able to finish sub grade, place borrow and base in tolerance, and control material overruns.
We offer a cooperative work environment that promotes team success through the collective talents of all of our employees. Join a growing team where your opinion, technical expertise and efforts matter.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!