Crayon Sorting Machine Feeder Job Description Sample
Sorting Machine Operator
Broadridge is growing! We are actively seeking a Sorting Machine Operator for our El Dorado Hills, CA Location. In this role, you will be responsible for operating high-speed mail sortation equipment. You will consistently look for opportunities to improve quality to ensure orders are completed correctly and on time. You will identify and troubleshoot problems that occur within the operations environment and suggest ways to improve the process. You will approach projects and decisions with the end in mind, understand the impact decisions can have on the team, and assume responsibility for communicating, promoting, and incorporating the printing environment. Primary responsibilities:
The setup and operation of high speed, automated computer controlled presort equipment.
Prepare mail for acceptance by the Post Office and ensure all internal and external customer requirements are met. Skill Sets Required:
Ability to ensure quality products throughout the process and handle pressure effectively to ensure the service provided meets client expectations.
Demonstrated skill working in a team environment with various personality types to get the work done. Ability to relate well, build consensus and show respect and consideration for others.
The ability to carry up to 40 pounds is required.
Ability to work flexible hours/schedule.
- Maintain professional appearance and adhere to the dress code.
High School diploma or equivalent education and experience required.
Knowledge of a production environment. Ability to apply production procedures to day-to-day operations.
Ability to operate a PC and be literate in using application software such as Windows, Outlook, Excel, and Word.
Strong communication, analytical skills and organizational skills; thorough and attentive to details; able to prioritize and multitask, and recognize the importance of deadlines. #LI-DNP Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Technician - Mail Sorting Machine
Mail Presort is a 17 year old mailing service provider located in north Fort Worth. Our service permits Metroplex customers to save on postage by sorting and barcoding. We currently process 1,900,000 pieces of mail per day operating around the clock, 6 days a week. Due to growth, we are adding to our staff. We have an opening for a Technician with the following job duties...
- Maintain mail sorting equipment (MLOCR) which involves both scheduled and troubleshooting maintenance
- Responsible for mechanical and electronic repairs
- Handle both hardware and software technical issues
- Complete preventative maintenance according to vendor specifications
- Respond to equipment break down or emergency situations with urgency and expediency
- Evaluate and assesses equipment problems by troubleshooting and completing repairs in a timely manner
- Communicate and/or escalate serious equipment issues to the Senior Technician or external Tech Support
- Study, review, and utilize vendor technical manuals and publications to remain familiar with all changes or modifications to equipment
- Respond during on-call periods or during emergency situations
- Maintain the spare parts/supply inventory
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends
Skills & Requirements
Must have previous experience in maintaining and repairing electro/mechanical equipment. Previous mail production experience in a presort setting is highly desired. We will train a candidate without direct experience but prefer they have:
- Previous experience with Bell and Howell sorters a plus
- Strong and detailed computer background
- Successful completion of electronics course work or Associates degree in Electronics preferred
- Mechanical/electrical inclination
- Detail oriented work history
- Problem solving skills, including the ability to troubleshoot equipment problems, establish priorities and work under deadline pressures
- Must be able to read and follow schematics
- Ability to use basic electrical/electronic testing equipment
- Ability to communicate clearly and explain equipment maintenance or repair needs
- Must work well with others in a team environment
Must be able to take instruction or direction while performing the functions of the job. The employee is required to stand, walk, reach with hands or arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or lift and/or move maximum of 60 lbs.
2nd shift 5pm-2am Monday- Friday 7 rotating on call weekends
3rd shift 10pm-7am Monday-Friday 7 rotating on call weekends
Machine Feeder (Wood Grinder)
PART TIME POSITION AVAILABLE: Do you want to work in a fast-paced environment where you will get the opportunity to work with your hands every day? Being a wood grinder machine feeder can be a demanding job, but it also comes with plenty of rewards and chances to grow within the company. When working for us, you will be around highly efficient, complex machinery, so this is a great opportunity for anyone wanting to expand their knowledge of mechanical processes. After the first 30 days of employment, you will also be taught how to operate the company Skid Loader, provided you have never worked with one of those before. No formal education is required, so apply today.
- Inspect scrap wood materials before they are loaded into the machinery to ensure high quality
- Use hand tools and other devices, such as conveyors or skid loaders, to load materials into the equipment
- Clean machinery when it is not in use and maintain the overall cleanliness of the warehouse area
- Inspect machinery when it is being used to make sure it is working properly and adjust when appropriate
- Transfer products from one area of the warehouse to another by using the skid loader
- Fill out paperwork routinely, stating that a machine has been inspected recently and is in good working condition
- Record daily production logs
- One year of experience, although hands-on experience can be provided
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds
- Excellent hand-eye coordination
- Basic math skills
- Ability to stand and work in all weather conditions
- High school diploma or GED
- Prior experience with using a skid loader, forklift and other forms of industrial machinery
Machine Feeder easy apply
- apply with indeed
salary:$10 per hour
date posted:Thursday, December 28, 2017
job type:Temp to Perm
questions:email@example.com easy apply
apply with indeed
description Randstad's client located in Malvern, PA is seeking to fill 2 positions for Machine Measurement and Test Operators. Hours are Mon
3;30pm, pay is $10/hour. Responsibilities are to feed paper into a machine and test the accuracy of the counting system. COMPANY WILL TRAIN, ENTRY LEVEL CANDIDATES WELCOME TO APPLY. Measurement and Test Operator is responsible for the following: Learn, understand and follow software testing and measurements documentation Use customized software and hardware and configure them according to document procedures. Perform note-set software testing and measurements for all CPI products. Document results per process requirements Report and clearly communicate test results Working hours: 7a
3:30p Mon-Fri Skills:
Qualifications and Required Skills High school graduate or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience Basic knowledge of personal computers, MS Office products, and ability to effective use Ability to access information using automated systems (e.g., windows based computer) Experience working in a team environment is a plus Experience with testing software / systems is a distinctive advantage Excellent written and communication skills Ability to lift items weighing approximately 20-40 pounds Ability to concentrate for long periods of time Maintain attendance as defined by company policy To apply, email resume to Kelly.Brennan@randstadusa. com (kelly.brennanat*randstadusa.com) then call 610-558-0440 Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
salary:$10 per hour
date posted:Thursday, December 28, 2017
Sorting And Gradingoperator-Sorter
Primary job is to operate bay controls and provide the stacker with a steady flow of material.
Responsibilities: Pay close attention to material being dumped into bays to decrease the chance of hang ups and empty full bins. Operate the sorting machine in a safe manner. Report any quality issues with any product to the supervisor.
Must be able to visualize defects in the product while material is moving. Must be able to safely work around moving machinery and focus on the importance of hand safety. Must be able to work in industrial environment with elevated noise levels, dust, dirt, humidity and temperature variations Must be able to follow all other general plant safety requirements.
Work Shift 8 hour, day shift Our Nation’s veterans bring an extraordinary array of skills and training to any position. Shaw actively works to understand how these skills can translate to our job categories.Shaw will consider an applicant’s military service and work experience when determining whether a candidate meets the requirements of a posted job. Shaw values Diversity & Inclusion.
We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Veterans & Disabled. Shaw Industries is more than a flooring company - we are 20,000 people united in our vision of creating a better future for our customers, for our people, for our community and for our company. Our ability to supply products and services to residential and commercial markets worldwide depends on a constant look ahead.
Through leadership and skills training, opportunities across multiple career paths, and a collaborative team environment, we are preparing our associates for the opportunities and challenges of tomorrow. Headquartered in Dalton, Georgia, Shaw Industries is a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. with $5 billion in sales and representation throughout the US as well as in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, France, India, Mexico, Singapore, United Arab Emirates and the United Kingdom. If you need any additional assistance or have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Ensures that the mail is reviewed for proper date, postage, and good quality barcodes prior to being placed into production. Prepares outgoing mail and conducts first quality check on completed production run.
• Communicates errors and recognizes bad barcodes found in the mail to operator or supervisor to prevent re-work of mail. Properly organizes postage metered rejects separated by postage rate and keeps mail arranged by specific jobs.
• Troubleshoots and removes mail piece jams from machine by avoiding damage to the mail and to avoid double counts on the machine.
• Completes end of run production tasks (i.e. proper disposition of extra mail, placement of bins, stocking trays and tag holders, stocking all supplies needed to run production).
• Promotes a clean work area to prevent possible injuries and/or tripping hazards to self and others.
• Additional duties as required.
· Thorough knowledge of the processing and flow of mail preferred.
· Knowledge of postal regulations that relate to bar coded mailings preferred.
· Strong organizational and time management skills.
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without accommodations.
· Ability to walk, stand, stoop, and bend 80% of the time with or without accommodation.
· Candidates must have a basic enough understanding of English to be able to understand and follow safety and other operational directions communicated in English, irrespective of their native language.
· Must have the ability to work overtime which may include weekends, holidays and or a different shift with little or no advance notice.
Our Staffing Coordinators will work with you to find the ideal job that fits your personal goals. SMITH uses Job Matching Tools to match your abilities and interests ensuring that your talent is utilized to its fullest potential.
Manager Of Sorting And Distribution
The BookOps Logistic Department plays a key role in getting books and other library materials rapidly into the hands of patrons. On a daily basis, the Department sorts and delivers over 35,000 circulating materials, including 3,000 new materials, most of which serve to fill immediate demand from our patron requests (more people reading more). Our distribution team delivers these materials daily to the 150 branch locations that we serve. Additionally the team is responsible for all intra-office correspondence and special deliveries for both NYPL and BPL. The Department also plays an important role in the logistical coordination for many special projects and initiatives. These include: MyLibraryNYC teacher sets fulfillment, Summer Reading, Early Literacy, Hotspot Lending, Advocacy, Program in a Box, and many others. The Manager of Sorting and Distribution manages staff performance to ensure all are working up to standards, providing positive feedback and corrective action when necessary and developing supervisors. The Manager of Sorting and Distribution also ensures the Automated Sorter and the BookOps fleet is maintained in good working order. Finally, the position functions as a project manager for various Library programs. This is a critical 24-hour operations management position that coordinates between three interrelated logistical operations in support of two separate organizations composed of 150 locations. On a daily basis, this position coordinates the seamless sorting and delivery of more than 40,000 items to ensure they are in the hands of our patrons in a timely manner.
Motivates and energizes BookOps staff in these teams, developing creative methods to maintain high morale, team cohesion, and discipline within the logistics department.
On a 24 hour basis, supports the movement of over 40,000 items including high demand holds, new books, mail, and other critical items.
Manages the logistics of several key Tri-Li programs, notably MyLibraryNYC, Summer Reading, Hotspot Lending, and Advocacy.
The maintenance of the Automated Sorter, vehicles, and other high value equipment used on a daily basis to ensure service levels are consistently achieved.
Maintains awareness of industry best practices and submits proposals to the Deputy Director of Logistics for consideration.
On a continuous basis, determine the most effective and efficient method of work assignments by taking into consideration staffing, weather, volume, project priorities and equipment.
Determine the best use of resources when presented with new demands due to new initiatives and projects.
This position has four direct reports and 46 employees.
Assists the Deputy Director of Logistics in maintaining the overall SSSDE budget with an emphasis on overtime and supplies.
Directly manages the logistics portion of the MyLibraryNYC program budget. This budget is approximately $300,000 and is used for staff, supplies, and shipping costs.
Bachelor’s degree, and or relevant work experience required to successfully perform the principal responsibilities.
Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Strong leadership skills, specifically in the area of performance management, motivating and team building.
Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical capabilities and ability to perform continuous process improvement.
Ability to present ideas orally as well as in proper, well written, business format (proposals, business cases.)
Experience managing a staff of 20 or more in a union environment.
Manager or at the Assistant level within a large logistic operation.
Have experience in truck routing. Office/Warehouse environment Non Union ID: 2017-9969 Department: Book Ops External Company Name: New York Public Library External Company URL: www.nypl.org
Mail Sorting Position
Looking for an energetic, motivated candidate to work at a nationally known mail sorting facility in NORTHEAST PORTLAND. We're looking for someone to join our team who is quick on their feet, has a good attention to detail, and can multi-task. The job involves monitoring pieces of mail as they get sorted through the sorting machine, pulling batches of envelopes off the machine and slotting them into their correct batch, and getting batches of mail ready for pickup by the USPS at the end of the shift. The position is full time, temp to hire, and has overtime.
· Able to stand/bend/stoop for the duration of the 8-9 hour shift
· Lift 30lbs comfortably
· Good attention to detail
· High School Diploma or equivalent and RESUME
· Willing to preform a drug test and background check
· Able to work a GRAVEYARD SHIFT
Pay rate: $11.75
Join our great team and grow with a national company! If interested, submit your resume or text (503)5021932 with questions.
We are a company built on the belief that success can be measured by the strength of the relationships we cultivate. Our consistent record of delivering positive results stems directly from our devotion to sustained, mutually-beneficial, long-term relationships with our clients, within our industry and in the marketplace.
Our Core Values
Operate with the utmost integrity to ensure that all relationships are built on trust
Communicate in a straightforward and transparent manner
Build a reputation that will serve as a positive reflection on our clients and candidates
We respect the people that we work with. We rely on trust and integrity to build, maintain, and create strong relationships within the marketplace. We have found that a sincere approach generates positive results, which is why we have integrated it into the foundation of our practice.
At Lyneer, we operate openly and mindfully. We share our resources and welcome response. We understand that the right employee can make all the difference in the prosperity of a business. With this idea in mind, we employ a consultative approach and honest communication to make the most of the role that work plays in the lives of our clients.
Lyneer Staffing Solutions is a pioneer in the staffing industry. We work to place ourselves at the forefront of the industry so that we can present our clients with best in class staffing solutions. Additionally, we utilize our advanced methodology to shape the industry, itself.
Our mission is to generate long term mutually rewarding relationships; we endeavor to uphold strong relationships with the people we work with, to cultivate relationships between the best talent and the best employment, and to create a positive relationship with the communities in which we operate.
If you have experience as a Press Feeder on a 40” Printing Press, Zoo Printing is the company for you. Apply Today! The Press Feeder is responsible for general machine maintenance, assisting the Press Operator and staging paper for a 40" press.
Responsibilities: General machine maintenance Assist press operator Staging of paper
3-5 years related experience Ability to operate Komori 40” press a plus Lift 35+ lbs. Stand for full 8+ hour shift Communicate effectively in English language Organization skills General safety awareness Problem solving and decision-making skills Excellent attention to details Join us and start making money today! Req No.: 2017-1268 External Company Name: PrintBuyer LLC External Company URL: www.zooprinting.com
3Rd Shift Mail Sorting
We're looking for people to join the 3rd shift team at a large, national company. The work is fast paced and detail oriented. We're looking for upbeat individuals who can lift 30-40 lbs comfortably, are able to stand for 8+ hours, and are good with organization and machine operation. You should be able to work cohesively in a team, as well as individually at your own machine.
The position is full time. If interested, please contact 615-913-8630 with questions or submit your resume for consideration.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!