Credit Analyst Job Description Sample
About Merchants Metals
We’re one of the largest manufacturers and distributors of fence systems in North America. With 35 distribution center locations, 5 manufacturing facilities, and a 60-year legacy of providing quality fencing and accessories, Merchants Metals continues to be the contractor and architect choice for excellence. Our complete line of products includes perimeter security solutions for industrial, commercial and residential applications.
Why Join the Merchants Metals Team?
Our employees are part of a culture that values and promotes personal growth and development. We understand that to be a market leader we must be committed not only to our products, but also to our people. It’s our talent that helps make Merchants Metals the first name in fence solutions.
Are you a Credit Analyst Professional looking for a great opportunity?
We are currently seeking a Credit Analyst for our Atlanta, GA admin office. Reporting to the Director of Shared Services, the Credit Analyst is responsible for extending credit, processing customer payments, collecting past due invoices, and application of customer payments. In this key role, you will provide support and guidance to our Service Center and Manufacturing teams in developing strong relationships.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to multitask in a high-volume environment while providing excellent customer service
- Flexibility with respect to schedules and workloads, especially in support of the fiscal month, quarter, and year-end financial closes
- Process and verify accuracy of incoming invoices daily.
- Analyze credit data and financial reporting to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money
- Consult with customers to resolve complaints and verify financial and credit transactions
- Prepare reports that include the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money
- Review individual and commercial customer files to identify and select delinquent accounts for collection
- Confer with credit association and other business representatives to exchange credit information
- Review credit applications, including credit analyses and summaries of job account requests, provide recommendation and submit for approval
- Make daily decisions on releasing orders for past due customers or customers exceeding their credit limit
- Make recommendations on increasing credit lines or placing accounts on credit hold
- Resolve customers' service or billing complaints by performing activities such as exchanging merchandise, refunding money, or adjusting bills
- Complete the set-up process for new accounts and maintenance of existing accounts
- Communicate charges incurred, collect deposits or payments, or arrange for billing or application
- Provide excellent customer service
- Must be able to work overtime as required
- Other duties as assigned
NECESSARY SKILLS, BACKGROUND & COMPENTENCIES:
- Demonstrated competencies in leadership, teamwork, problem solving, analysis, influencing, and professional written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of accounting/business principles.
- Strong computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Time Management
- Ethical Conduct
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field or 5 years related experience.
Merchants Metals employees and their qualified family members have the opportunity to participate in industry leading benefits programs which include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage for Employees, Spouses, Dependents &/or entire Family
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Short/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Convenient 24/7 Doctor Visits through LiveHealth Online
- Legal Assistance via Legal Shield
- Employee Assistance Program
- Identify Theft Protection
- Access Perks – Discounts on products and services with companies nationwide.
- 401k Retirement Program with strong company match.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!