Credit Analyst Job Description Sample
Credit Analyst / Senior Credit Analyst
The credit analysts at Mulligan are responsible and assessing the financial condition of small business loan applicants and approving or declining loans. The credit analysts evaluate financials to assess cash flow and liquidity in order to determine if loans should be approved or declined. Unlike working at a bank, this is an extremely fast-paced role that will involve decision making authority. Credit analysts must be adept at multitasking, critical thinking, and extemporaneous decision-making. Specific responsibilities include:
- Review financial statements and analyze business bank statements to determine credit worthiness of small businesses
- Analyze personal credit reports of businesses and individuals and assess how the guarantor personal credit may affect the creditworthiness of the business
- Sizing and structuring loans for approved clients
- Complete credit memos for approved loans that support the decision and the structure of the proposed financing
- Conduct ad-hoc research on businesses to protect against fraud
- Interview potential clients in order to further assess ability to repay
- Decline loan applications that do not meet the minimum criteria
- Bachelors’ degree, preferably in Business, Finance, Economics, or a similar discipline
- Minimum 1 year of experience underwriting and decisioning small business loan applications. 2-3 years in the industry is preferred
- A strong grasp of GAAP accounting principles and ability to dissect financial statements and business bank statements
- Knowledgeable about the small business lending landscape in the U.S. with insights into various industry risk segments
- Well-developed organizational, communication, and time-management skills
- Adept in all Microsoft Office Products, G-Suite, and ability to quickly pick up new programs and CRM systems
- Strong critical thinking, mathematical, and analytical skills
- Ability to make complex decisions under pressure in a fast-paced environment
To be successful in this role, you need to be highly organized, able to multi-task, and build rapport quickly and effectively. In this role, you will be the first impression for Mulligan Funding, and will need to present a professional and consultative demeanor to each prospective client.
We are growing our team by leaps and bounds and your success in this role, along with the company need, will determine your path. If you are results oriented, motivated, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, we would like to meet you.
Credit Analyst II
At Heartland Financial USA, INC., we’re your career destination!
Heartland Financial USA, Inc. (Heartland) is seeking a Credit Analyst II to join our growing team in Sheboygan, WI. The Credit Analyst II is responsible for conducting credit analyses consisting of gathering, analyzing and interpreting credit information for existing and prospective customers in order to assess credit quality and to minimize risk and potential loss on commercial, real estate, agricultural, non-profit and personal loans.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
2. 3-5 years of related experience/training as a credit analyst or commercial loan officer
3. Analyze historical financial statements, including year-end and interim business statements and guarantor personal financial statements.
4. Evaluate repayment ability, including both historical and projected cash flow.
At Heartland Financial USA, Inc., we are one of the top 100 bank holding companies nationwide, Heartland delivers high-quality financial products and service to clients in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States. This means great resources and career opportunities for our staff! We can provide you the training and support to develop a great career at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. If you long to join a successful team while expanding your professional skills and experience, then explore a career with us today!
We’re committed to being an Employer of Choice providing a positive, professional work culture that takes care of the welfare of our team members. We believe in:
· Talent Development – We provide resources to support internal career growth
· Recognition and Reward – We provide competitive compensation and rewards programs
· Corporate Citizenship – We’re committed to making a difference in our communities
· Balance – We believe in balance between work, leisure, and wellness
· Empowerment – We help people grow professionally through empowerment to make decisions and take responsibility for them
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including:
· Paid time off including vacation and sick days, community volunteering, parental leave, and Holidays.
· Tuition Benefit plan
· 401k Retirement plan with company match & Discretionary Profit Sharing plan
· Subsidized Medical and Dental insurance
· Free Life and Disability insurance coverage
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· Voluntary Vision, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, and Accident plans
· Employee Assistance program for staff and family members
Sales & Credit Analyst
- Effectively manage the progress and results of accounts assigned.
- Engage in high-profile activity across strategic client groups.
- Build and develop strong working relationships with customers.
- Work with clients and determine the proper action plan in regards to the repair process
- Demonstrate account ownership by responding to client requests with a constant sense of urgency. .
- Effectively manage time and activity.
- Engage and participate in the exchange of best practices across entire CLC team.
- Provide Credit Updates to CPU partners and customers.
- Data Entry using Credit Protection USA CRM
- Must have at least 2 years of sales experience
- Outstanding relationship management capabilities, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to articulate and communicate in an engaging manner.
- Exceptional listening skills, with the ability to detect problem/risks.
- Superior customer focused approach at all times.
- Highly motivated self-starter, capable of working in a team environment.
- Personal qualities and style requirements include possessing high energy, enthusiasm, resilience, determination, and a high level of detail.
- Proficiency in using Customer Relationship Management Systems.
- Computer literacy.
- Average a minimum of 25 calls a day to provided leads from Credit Protection USA
- Valid Drivers License
- High School diploma or GED.
Commercial Credit Analyst
Commercial Credit Analyst
The person will handle the following functions:
- Handle credit analysis working directly with the commercial lenders and customers
- Develops cash flow analysis, trace through financial history/tax returns and financial statements
- Analyzes borrower credit needs based on past results and future projections
- Analysis of various financial statements and tax returns in order to prepare credit memo which relevant financial historical changes, proper use of financial/other ratios relevant to the credit being evaluated.
- Identification of risk for the bank and help make sound business decisions in relation to the growth of the commercial lending area
- Obtain all loan documentation as required while enforcing both bank policies as well as regulatory guidelines
- Evaluates appraisals and other forms of collateral in accordance credit guidelines
- Evaluate updated financial/credit information on commercial borrowers and maintain the credit files
- Participate in risk grading process of loans.
- Participate and make recommendations in loan workout arrangements.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years’ experience working as a bank credit analyst, preferably in C&I lending
- Commercial credit process knowledge a BIG plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time management abilities
- Highly organized and able to prioritize as needed
- A good team player who is a contributor and handle multiple tasks
We are seeking a Sr. Credit Analyst to join our client's team! The Sr. Credit Analyst will provide the bank with a sound, independent and objective assessment and recommendation associated with large, complicated structured credit proposals for corporations, real estate and retail enterprises, as well as supervise, motivate and train a team of analysts as designated by the
Credit Analysis Manager.
- Spread financial statements and prepare comprehensive financial analysis on the creditworthiness of the borrower.
- Accurately measure the financial condition and operating performance of commercial & corporate domestic enterprises within the small business and middle market areas.
- Provide an independent and objective assessment of risk factors associated with the aforementioned commercial, corporate and asset-based facilities, owner-occupied real estate loans, while adhering to the Bank’s credit policy & procedures, and make recommendations on loan structure along with meaningful loan covenants to adequately cover the risk involved in the proposed facilities.
- Interact with Loan Officers in order to enhance the quality of information required for underwriting purposes.
- Must collaborate with business units in providing credit risk assessments.
- BA in Finance/Accounting/BusinessAdministration/Economics.
- 5 years experience in banking in the areas of lending or credit.
Credit analysis experience of at least 4 years, including credit risk evaluation of real estate and corporate/institutional facilities.
- Ability to work independently and produce high quality financial analyses, including credit risk evaluation and loan structuring.
- Working knowledge of financial statement spreading software.
- Detailed oriented, superior math skills, good analytical and writing skills a must.
- Ability to work as a team leader and as an independent senior analyst
- Advanced knowledge of Windows, Word and Excel.
Preferably bilingual, English-Spanish.
Credit Analyst Credit Region 7
We are now hiring Req #4855 Credit Analyst Credit Region 7 CREDIT Salary FT Monday, October 16, 2017 Completes activities within the Credit Collections department across assigned locations, including implementation of company’s policies and procedures related to credit and collection activities; ensures effective handling of collection of delinquent accounts and investigating the credit risks of customers and suppliers.
Responsible for the implementation and adherence to company credit/collection policies, practices and procedures across one or multiple geographic areas.
Recommends and/or approves decisions regarding adjustments to customer accounts, and referral of overdue accounts for legal action. Coordinates area collection decisions with management teams and sales departments.
Manages delinquent customer receivables, negotiates special customer payment plans and participates in development of financial packages. *Monitors credit activity including monthly review of large accounts, location compliance with credit policies and procedures, lien laws and sales tax laws.
Works closely with Credit Management and field leadership to resolve difficult collection cases. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field and at least two (2) years credit collections experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. CREDIT Salary Littleton CO Millwork - 8037 Midway Dr (80125), Littleton, Colorado, United States of America
Wholesale Credit Associate - Commercial Credit Analyst - Portfolio Management
As a Wholesale Credit Associate for Chase Merchant Services, you will support expert level underwriting and portfolio management functions associated with our strategic client base Key
· Analyze financial statements and account histories · Prepare credit memoranda with a focus on writing narratives on the underlying client’s solvency and inherent risks · Stay informed about factors affecting a variety of industries and connect these with possible impacts to our clients · Recognize possible risks that a client’s business may pose to the organization, including financial and reputational, and be able to recommend actions to mitigate such risks · Discuss a client’s financial position and business with that client in a professional manner
· Minimum of 12 hours of college level courses in accounting or finance, or relevant work experience including financial statement spreading · Minimum one year of experience as a commercial credit analyst within a commercial credit or banking environment Preferred
· Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field · Advanced level analytical and business writing ability · Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal · Experience with Anti-Money Laundering, OFAC and other regulatory compliance JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
Jr Credit Analyst
The Jr. Credit Analyst position at Sure Sports is ideal for a candidate, fresh out of college, who is looking for an opportunity to grow within a niche industry of Sports Lending. The Jr. Credit Analyst is responsible for providing support to
Sr. Credit Analyst.Responsibilities Include:
- Prepare Term Sheets for new requests.
- Pull Credit Reports and evaluate the risks associated with each client. Assist with creating Investor Reports.
- Learn Formal Risk Management Procedures.
- Prepare, interpret and provide feedback on monthly payment reports.
- Evaluate the adequacy of loan structure and make appropriate recommendations, including, but not limited to loan term, amortization, and loan covenants.
- Analyze financial information that is required for prudent loan approval and risk management practices.
- Provide case studies and credit-related concepts for the company newsletter. Assist with Opportunity Analysis write-ups for local banks.
- 0-5 years of experience in a financial setting.
- Bachelors degree in Finance or a related discipline is preferred.
- Passionate about Sports.
- Ability to communicate effectively, speak effectively and write concisely.
- High level of proficiency in financial systems, reporting tools, word processing, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Internet tools.
- Ability to research, plan, identify problems, analyze, imagine alternatives, gather information, solve problems, define needs and recommend solutions.
- High level of organizational skills, ability to initiate ideas, handle details, manage time, meet goals and accept responsibility.
- Excellent listening skills and willingness to cooperate.
Contract Assignment in Chanhassen, Mn
Pay Rate $20-25/hour
*Candidates cannot begin assignment until drug and background screenings have been successfully completed.*
To apply email resume to Ashley.Sharp@onboardusa.com and reference job # 6727
Responsible for managing a group of customer accounts with the goal of (i) minimizing credit risk to the company, (ii) collecting all amounts due to the company and (iii) minimizing the time to collect, while at the same time balancing customer needs and business growth objectives. For qualifications, we don’t require BS in Accounting/Finance – since this is a temp position, we’re fine with 2-year degree too. Other requirements: working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and
Microsoft Dynamic AX
1. Manages assigned group of outstanding customer accounts receivable; approx. 1400 customers
2. Establishes credit limits for all new customers that comply with company credit policies, and balance credit risk with customer needs
3. Evaluates customer requests for non-standard payment terms and forwards requests as needed
4. Approves credit limits up to $100,000 utilizing D&B credit reports and customer provided credit references
5. Performs daily review of open orders on credit hold, making release or hold decisions that comply with company credit policies and guidelines
6. Reports significant credit issues to Credit Supervisor in a timely manner
7. Maintains good relationships with company sales people, communicating issues relating to their customers to them in a timely and professional manner
8. Performs other duties as assigned
In 2001, the ownership and management of On-Board set forth a corporate vision to become the leading provider of professional services in North America. In pursuit of this vision, On-Board will embrace the core values of superior quality and customer service, strive for continuous improvement in all aspects of our service offerings, assemble, develop and retain the best talent in the marketplace.
On-Boards corporate Mission is to provide Flexible Service by applying the talents of our people, work processes and technology to meet our clients expectations in a safe, responsible and dependable manner consistent with our people and quality.
On-Board Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Credit Analyst Director W Natural Resources (Metals, Mining) - 93229
Job Detail (FullTime)
Job Title:Credit Analyst Director w Natural Resources (metals, mining)
Posted For:Major Credit Ratings Co.
Salary Range:$140,000.00 to $180,000.00
Location:New York 10004 or Chicago
- CFA/CPA preferred;
- Bachelor's degree at minimum, MBA or other advanced degree a plus;
- 5+ years relevant experience, which must include coverage or knowledge of the metals, mining and fertilizer sectors;
- capital markets and/or credit analysis experience a plus;
- Expertise in Excel and Word;
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and organizational skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to shift fluidly between multiple projects as priorities change;
- Ability to excel in a team oriented environment.
COMPANY is seeking a Director for coverage of the Natural Resources sector, specifically in the metals, mining and fertilizer industries. The ideal candidate is someone who:
- has an in-depth knowledge of and a keen interest in Natural Resources industries and good understanding of the commodity markets;
- has a professional background in capital markets and/or credit analysis and well developed financial statement analysis skills;
- enjoys doing primary research and analyzing market fundamentals;
- has strong verbal and written communication skills to translate market trends into topical research reports and represent COMPANY in conference and meetings with clients;
- has experience in interpreting complex legal documents such as bank agreements and bond indentures;
- has a strong pattern of leadership and the ability to proactively and successfully interact with various stakeholders, both within and outside of the organization.
Qualitative credentials will weigh meaningfully in the selection of the candidate. A healthy sense of intellectual curiosity is critical, along with a demonstrated willingness and ability to attack and explain topics of analytical complexity. COMPANY is a team-oriented work environment, so excellent communication skills are essential, as is a high productivity work-ethic and results oriented mindset.
Essential Functions of this position include:
- Analyzing key industry trends and interpreting market data in the metals, mining and fertilizer industries and presenting analysis and conclusions through well formulated research reports;
- Analyzing key quantitative and qualitative factors influencing credit quality of companies in the Natural Resources sector;
- Developing and maintaining comprehensive financial models;
- Conducting and/or participating in meetings with Natural Resources industry management teams;
- Presenting analysis of companies to internal credit rating committees;
- Communicating rating rationale of companies and industry outlook to external audiences (primarily institutional investors, sell-side analysts and media) in meetings, conference calls, press releases and written research reports;
- Participating in the evaluation of other credits within Corporates, as well as other related credit groups.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!