Credit Reporting Clerk Job Description Sample
Financial Reporting Manager - Credit Finance
"Examine financial asset, real asset, inventory of assets or class of assets. Determine cash flow, costs, profit margins, future cash flows, and alternatives based on varying assumptions and projected market or economic conditions.
Use financial analytical tools to make projections of prospective financial performance. May use advanced or proprietary analytical tools pertinent to very specific class of assets or more complex economic operating conditions.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
•Manage a team of professionals who analyze financial data for prospective purchase, asset allocation, fee generation or other cash flow. Assign work and track progress
•Confer with business unit management to determine current operating circumstances, needs for analysis of financial results, changing reporting requirements.
•Confer with applications development staff regarding sources of relevant data, integrity of data, and forms in which data should be structured for staff to be able to perform effective analyses. Define business requirements for enhancement of applications.
•Lead on month end analyses to summarize, reconcile, and report financial data from transactions, fee payments, accruals, or other cash flows, in order to identify or track trends.
•Develop/prepare/continually improve quarterly forecast process for particular business unit, product line, client group or market segment.
•Play technical or project lead role on specific analytical project; provide guidance to less senior analysts; may provide input to developing business requirements for applications needed to accomplish specific analytical or reporting objective.
•Plan, manage, evaluate and document performance of subordinate staff. Provide for technical and professional development of staff through assignment, mentoring, and professional training.
•Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
•6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
•Prior experience supervising, managing and/or leading teams required.
•Strong analytical skills; ability to gather and analyze financial and operational data.
•Ability to perform in high pressure environment. Ability to multi-task and prioritize. Strong project management skills a plus.
•Cross-functional business skills, excellent facilitation and communication skills, strong influencing skills, and ability to effectively present to and work with senior management.
•Advanced MS Office skills (PowerPoint, Excel, e.g. v-lookups, pivot tables, advanced calculations and formulas). •Thorough knowledge of financial & cost accounting, financial analysis, solid understanding of accounting principles and concepts, the principles of economics and statistics, and financial institution balance sheet and profit & loss analysis techniques.
•Knowledge of database query packages such as SAS Enterprise Guide/Business Objects or SAP Business Warehouse to extract data for analysis; knowledge of SAS programming highly desirable.
•Strong knowledge of relational Databases/Oracle desirable.
•The demonstrated ability to develop solutions to complex and diverse analytical problems which require an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
•Strong leadership skills, presentation skills and ability to interact with management at all levels.
•Must be a self-starter and motivate to learn new techniques, skills, and knowledge required by his or her duties and responsibilities.
•Experience in the financial services industry is a plus.
Prior experience supervising, managing and/or leading teams required.
Prior financial planning and analysis experience (budgeting, forecasting, analysis); strong analytical skills; ability to gather and analyze financial and operational data.
Solid understanding of accounting principles and concepts.
Advanced MS Office skills (PowerPoint, Excel, e.g. v-lookups, pivot tables, advanced calculations and formulas)."
Regulatory Reporting - Credit Administration
This position is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing business level retail FR Y-14 M (schedules A, B, & C) and Q (schedules A7, H1, H2) submissions. Directly responsible for developing the reporting framework and supporting the coordination and timely submissions of reports. Execute on all controls and provide results/documentation to RBC CCAR team for review and consolidation. This includes data tie-outs, data profiling, edit checks reviews, period over period change explanation, etc. Manage and support the business level attestation process including coordination with data owners and timely CCO/CFO approvals prior to submission to RBC CCAR team. Develops portfolio analysis and works on gap remediation plans by partnering with risk, operations and technology.
- *Bachelor's Degree required
- *Minimum 2 years of CCAR reporting experience
- *Minimum 5 years banking experience
Job Skills and Knowledge:
Master's Degree preferred
Prefer 5 years of experience working for a bank, preferably in regulatory reporting.
Must have experience working on the FR Y-14M and FR Y-14Q and have in-depth understanding of CCAR reporting.
Experience with CCAR reporting and/or credit risk analytics.
Experience working and effectively collaborating with finance, risk, operations and technology teams.
Background and experience with credit risk and/or operational risk.
Must be operationally savvy, action-oriented who continually strives for improvement
Must have excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Some travel may be required
Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Empl
Credit Reporting Specialist
Our Credit Reporting team members work autonomously to carefully review, investigate and resolve consumer credit disputes. This department takes pride in conducting reasonable investigations and providing timely and accurate responses to consumers who have file a dispute with one of the three major credit reporting agencies. As an employee-centric organization, we have an intense focus on professional development and continuous improvement which has allowed our team members to become subject matter experts in a niche line of work.
About this Position:
The purpose of the Credit Reporting Specialist position is to work within the Credit Reporting team to investigate credit reporting disputes in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act ("FCRA").
Outcomes & Activities:
Through the use of internal and external systems, investigate and accurately respond to disputes in a manner that complies with the FCRA. These disputes are received directly from consumers and indirectly by the Company through eOscar (Online Solution for Complete and Accurate Reporting)
Respond to customer validation requests
Investigate and manage in a timely manner accounts where a consumer alleges identity theft or fraud
Where appropriate, engage consumers in telephone discussions to further assess their dispute
High school diploma
Previous experience in a customer service or complaint escalation role where the primary function is dispute resolution
Knowledge of Microsoft suite office products
FCRA or CDIA Certification (Required within 90 days of hire)
Work onsite at the required Credit Acceptance work location
Familiarity with Credit Reporting Agencies and Bureau Reporting
Experience in e-OSCAR and Artiva
Knowledge & Skills:
Organized, with ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple requests with strong attention to detail
Speak clearly, professionally and articulately on the telephone
Apply analytical skills to solve problems
Organized and capable of meeting all deadlines
Possess and express a positive and enthusiastic attitude
Be customer focused
Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Work onsite at the required Credit Acceptance work location
To be successful in this role, Team Members need to demonstrate the characteristics of in their work:
Positive: Maintain a positive attitude by focusing on solutions and promoting a collaborative and enjoyable environment.
Respectful: Value teamwork, share successes, appreciates others and communicates in a way that promotes trust.
Insightful: Make timely well considered decisions, create innovative solutions and continuously learn.
Direct: Communicate clearly and objectively; don't be afraid of difficult conversations. Raise concerns through the proper channels.
Earnest: Be honest, sincere and consistent. Work hard and pursue our goals together relentlessly.
Targeted Compensation: $16.47 - $21.96
Required degrees must have been earned at institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Credit Acceptance is an equal opportunity employer.
Senior Associate, Process Management- Credit Bureau Reporting
West Creek 1 (12071), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Associate, Process Management- Credit Bureau Reporting
Accountable for management of the Credit Bureau Reporting to Commercial Credit Reporting Agencies:
Develop and maintain related policies
Implement policy changes
Identify and prioritize appropriate business controls
Maintaining related process documentation
Monitor, report and plan process improvement or redesign initiatives, and make recommendations on changes. Collect and analyze data for supporting recommendations and manage formal process documents. Collaborate on project teams and broader enterprise initiatives to represent business for changes that may impact department processes.
Day to day oversight of multiple processes: monitor, report, and plan process improvement or redesign initiatives; define, establish, and manage process controls; identify process improvement opportunities and implement them through collaboration with other groups such as the Risk office, BRO and management; make final recommendations for approval on changes.
Collect, analyze and measure process data, to initiate sustainable business practices and procedures and for reporting to senior leadership and executives; review data for trends and gaps in the process that may require additional review.
Resolve complex problems or transactions, where expertise is required to interpret against policies, guidelines or processes; escalate breakdowns in the process by asking the right questions and identify/ involve the right stakeholders to correct breakdowns.
Maintain formal process documents (e.g. procedures and diagrams), and document processes and projects (creating project reports, presentations, business cases, and diagrams)
Collaborate on larger initiatives, including representing department on broader change control forums for input and to represent department interests; may challenge forum decisions if project outcome impacts department processes. May participate in cross-functional project teams, including projects driven by other parts of the organization, to provide input, liaise with training, and partner with groups on execution efforts.
Coach and train junior PM levels on processes, performance targets and goals
Provide customer service and training to internal customers on specific processes they manage; may deliver presentations, including up to the executive level.
May direct the work of associates, including performance management, hire and fire responsibilities
May perform process or parts of the process as needed
High School Diploma, GED or Military experience
At least 2 years of experience in Business Process Management or at least 2 years of experience in Project Management or at least 2 years experience in Risk Management
2 years experience working with Commercial/Small Business accounts at a financial institution
2 years experience in Credit Bureau Reporting
Lean, Agile, Six Sigma, Business Process Management, or Project Management certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Credit Bureau Reporting Manager
We are looking for an experienced Credit Bureau Reporting Manager, to build out our Servicing & Collections team in Downtown Denver, CO! The right candidates will have hands on experience creating & honing comprehensive policies and procedures to manage, monitor, and respond to credit bureau reporting escalations and complaints from both external & internal vendors. You will play an key role in developing & managing relationships across internal stakeholders and external Credit Reporting vendors critical to our ongoing success. He/She will have experience engaging with internal technology/product partners, as well as legal and compliance teams.
As a Credit Bureau Reporting Manager you will:
Deliver on service level agreements and impeccable quality work
Create transparency through key metrics and controls
Build relationships across all stakeholders and drive cross-functional efforts to enable new process and technical capabilities
Connect with vendors to understand the end to end process requirements as well as remediation platforms
Manage Risk and understand all applicable regulations and requirements, including timeliness of dispute response and resolution based on regulatory guidelines
Create an environment that proactively addresses key risks and concerns
Work closely with risk partners to actively address open issues
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
Demonstrated knowledge of the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACT Act), and the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and Metro II Credit Reporting Guidelines.
Have a strong commitment to delivering the best possible customer experience
Results driven, able to work independently, and build strong policies & procedures
Experience/Knowledge of regulations that apply to all credit bureau reporting and disputes processes
Ability to stay informed on associated regulatory changes and industry trends
Ability to use a continuous improvement approach to develop and enhance policies, procedures, and business initiatives
Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbal and written and at all organizational levels
You've been there and done this…
5+ years of people management experience
5+ years of process management experience
5+ years of credit bureau reporting experience in the commercial and/or consumer credit reporting & dispute remediation experience
Research, assign and/or escalate disputes to internal customers including Compliance and Legal
Perform monthly reconciliations and reporting of all vendor and customer disputes
Prepare responses, and conducting audits to review and escalate cases
Demonstrated strong problem and analytical skills, while exercising judgment within defined standard operating procedures to determine appropriate action
Identifies with our mission, "to build a better financial world"
Aligns with our core values: Think Smart, Make It Happen, Be Open, Stand together, Live The Adventure
It would be great if you've also…
Bachelor's Degree or military experience
Lean, Agile, Six Sigma, Business Process Management certification
Why Join Us?
We're transforming Finance everyday that makes the economic engine of countries do better! Happy employees are productive employees, that's why we offer a hearty benefits package. From learning and development and commuter stipends, to a competitive salary, equity, and health benefits, we've got you covered! That being said, have you heard about what we're doing?! Our mission is what really motivates us to come to work each day:
We're supporting small business, the engine of economic growth.
We're helping facilitate higher yields for investors and lower interest rates for borrowers.
We can fund loans extremely quickly, all online!
We have a clear competitive advantage globally in areas like domain expertise and regulatory processes.
To learn more about our work environment, culture, and perks, visit:
Funding Circle provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
Division Financial Reporting Manager
- Manage monthly and quarterly closing and reporting for the global division – coordinating activities across the finance teams, addressing issues that arise, and ensuring execution of a timely close and accurate financials.
- Leads identification and implementation of process improvements to the closing cycle with the aims to reduce cycle time, improve execution, and continuously tighten controls.
- Manages compliance activities including acting as the audit liaison, managing the DLMC process, providing coaching and direction on SOX, managing Fixed Asset Audits, managing Health-Check audits and internal control audits, and maintaining Inter-Company policy compliance.
- Act as direct liaison to corporate accounting, providing recommendations on development of accounting policies and driving implementation of policy across the Finance team. Ensures compliance with internal controls, GAAP and Corporate Financial policies.
- Manages and leads ongoing and new projects such as IC OOB remediation, Stat Account correction and training, SAP SOD project, GR/IR cycle time improvement, reporting package development, and Internal BU Mergers and Carve Outs.
- Provides leadership on M&A integration efforts to ensure smooth incorporation into the closing and control processes. Works directly with or as part of M&A integration teams to build and implement reporting plan.
- Lead a team of employees by providing direction, oversight, coaching, and development opportunities.
- Performs monthly/quarterly reviews of financial reports and supporting documentation and has oversight for legal entity tasks including account reconciliations.
- Builds new and monitors/maintains existing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for closing, reconciliation/task items and other general departmental accounting tasks
- May support other ad hoc projects in various leadership or support capacities. May work across multiple divisions to develop best practice processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar; MBA preferred
- 7 or more years of experience
- CPA or other certification very strongly preferred.
- Prefer a combination of Big 4 Accounting experience along with private industry experience.
- Strong knowledge of financial, manufacturing, and management accounting to include systems, compliance, and legal entity reporting requirements.
SEC Reporting Manager
- Develop sophisticated financial models and analysis with a focus on the valuation of both public and private companies.
- Prepare the Forms 10-Q and10-K for Belk’s quarterly SEC filings, including obtaining information from numerous internal sources
- Coordinate items related to the SOX process at Belk including internal audit reviews, internal self-assessments of controls and internal certifications from key employees and senior management.
- Review summarized monthly balance sheet and cash flow statement as well as research variances and provide summary to supervisor.
- Perform technical accounting research on issues and prepare accounting position papers to document appropriate accounting treatment.
- Prepare materials for use at the quarterly audit committee meeting, including obtaining information from multiple sources, such as external auditors, legal, tax, and internal audit management.
- • Coordinate with the external auditors all items needed for their quarterly reviews as well as the annual audit. Will serve as the primarily liaison with the audit team.
- Prepare and review quarterly forecasted and actual press release information
- Coordinate quarterly significant accounting adjustments summary and support for review by CFO
- Record or review limited journal entries related to SEC reporting issues as well as review of quarterly account reconciliations/rollforwards.
- Four year degree – Accounting or Business with Accounting Concentration.
- 5-7 years accounting work experience (preferred)
- Public accounting experience (required)
- CPA (preferred)
- Supervisory experience (required)
Director Of Financial Reporting
- Using financial information generated by the financial reporting department, prepare the Company’s external financial reports (quarterly and annual SEC reports, SEC registration statements when applicable, and domestic benefit plans)
- Prepare and analyze financial data for quarterly/annual external financial statements (e.g., press release, 10Q, 10K). Analyze and monitor monthly and quarterly financial results (e.g., sales, profit, cash flow), including comparisons to plan and prior year.
- Assist other departments (e.g., treasury, tax, investor relations) in need of understanding and interpretation of financial results.
- Oversee and manage the activities of the Administrator, Financial Planning and Analysis
- Prepare presentations for the Vice President and Controller.
- Perform special projects as directed by the Vice President and Controller and Senior Vice President & CFO.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance. CPA required, MBA preferred.
- Minimum of five years (six to seven preferable) of “Big 4” public accounting/auditing experience with large multinational clients.
Manager Credit Control - Northern Region
- Monitor monthly debtors’ ageing and collection efficiency within target set.
- Monitor daily operations in compliance with Group SOP.
- Monitor and ensure all progressive billings are billed according to Schedule as per SPA and Architect Certificate and follow up with the purchasers, financiers and treasury on the progressive payment before the invoice due.
- Liaise with Solicitors & end-financiers in relation to loan and other matters.
- Prepare weekly/ monthly report for management meeting.
- Check debtors ageing report to ensure all collections, credit notes (discounts/rebates etc) & SPA are accurately updates in IFCA.net system.
- Monitor execution, follow up and monitor process of credit control from loan approval to delivery of product and transfer title.
- Constantly liaising with GICT on IFCA.net system and other requirements in relation to credit control matters.
- Coordinate closely with other departments pertaining to land title issues, architect certificates and any other related matters.
- Ensure process of delivery of Vacant Possession to purchasers are done promptly and accurately.
- Develop long term customer relationship and follow up on progress status with objective of achieving highest customer’s satisfaction level.
- Perform ad-hoc tasks as assigned by superior.
- Degree in Finance/ Accountancy or equivalent.
- 8-10 years’ experience in Credit Control with property development/ construction companies.
- Knowledge in IFCA system.
- Good knowledge in land matters, Housing Development Act and Strata Title Act.
- Good leadership and coaching skills.
- Good presentation and report writing skills.
- Will be station in Northern regional office handling new township development.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!