Cremator Job Description Sample
Pet Cremation Specialist
We’re looking for a Pet Cremation Specialist with a high school diploma or better, a valid driver’s license with a favorable driving record, an eagerness to learn, and a desire for a meaningful role to serve pet families in the time of need. You will be responsible for the cremation process, transporting pets, and all customer service aspects of the company.
· You must past background checks.
· You must be able to perform the physical requirements of the job.
You must be comfortable working in the unique and sensitive environment that the funeral industry presents.
Parsell Pet Crematory is a part of the Parsell Family Funeral Homes and has been serving Delaware pet families since 1999. We are known for the great care we take with clients and employees alike.
•* Our business has grown as we continue to elevate pet aftercare and we need an additional team member.
•* We believe that every pet deserves the professional care and memorial options that all family members receive.
PET Cremation Service Specialist
Pet cremation service specialist personnel report to the owner/operations manager. Personnel will be required to pick up and transport deceased pets, meet veterinarians at client’s homes for euthanasias, and operating pet incinerator on a daily basis.
· Transports deceased pets from veterinary hospital or homes to our office.
· Reports to work or a specific destination promptly and ready to work.
· Hours for this position will vary. Primarily every other Friday from 2pm to 8pm. As well as 12hr shifts 8am to 8pm Sat and Sun every other weekend.
· Respectfully places pets picked up at home on stretcher if applicable and loads stretcher into removal vehicle.
· Replaces supplies and disposable items on removal vehicle.
· Performing actual cremation services for deceased pets.
· Care for the deceased in a respectful manner while performing a variety of tasks which may include: transfers, lifting of deceased pet remains.
· Complete all required documentation with respect to transportation and cremation process.
· Strict adherence to all professional, municipal, state and federal licensing authority regulations applicable to the operation of a motor vehicle.
· Promote a safe work environment by being aware of and practicing universal precautions and adopting general principles of safe conduct
· Complete and accurate preparation of all documents related to services, transportation, maintenance, and any other type of data entry
· Washing and cleaning of all vehicles and equipment as required from time to time.
· Assist with the maintenance of vehicles, the facility, property and for St. Louis Cremation, Inc. as necessary; receive caskets and other funeral home supplies as well as place into inventory and carrying out any other responsibilities that may be reasonably delegated by management
· Answering phones, preparing reports as necessary and participating in staff meetings
· General housekeeping duties
· Any other duties as directed by management
· This position requires physical contact with the remains of the deceased
· This job is Nonexempt.
Experience and Educational Requirements
· Equivalent to high school education.
· Must have a valid drivers license.
· Good driving record and insurable by our chosen insurance company’s standards
· Knowledge of computers and some software would be an asset, or willingness to learn
· Above average communication skills
· High level of compassion and integrity
· Problem solving skills
· Ability to multi task and set priorities
· Detail oriented
The job is frequently expected to lift, carry, push or pull objects weighing up to 150 lbs. (without the assistance of mobile, powered equipment).
Physical effort requiring manual dexterity is occasionally required (i.e., between 25% and 75% of time on the job).
Physical work pace and/or exertion bring on a limited amount of physical fatigue.
On a daily basis, the work involves short to intermediate periods of non-interrupted mental/sensory attention (i.e., usually up to one (1) hour at a time, occasionally longer than one (1) hour), with ample opportunity for breaks in concentration during the course of the workday.
Some of these duties may involve long hours and need to be done on weekends, evening, nighttime and holidays. At times, some duties may require you to work outside in the cold weather or hot weather. Some duties may also require you be exposed to un-pleasantries associated with deceased human remains.
When considering the mental/emotional tension associated with this job the following factors may apply:
- The need to work overtime or to be called in before scheduled hours of work often cannot be anticipated.
- The job has minimal to no control over workflow or service demands.
Cremation Attendant - P/T Or F/T
VCA 29 Palms Animal Hospital is seeking an experienced part-time or full-time Cremation Attendant to join the Above & Beyond Pet Cremation team at our small animal practice in Twentynine Palms, California. The successful candidate will share our commitment to delivering exceptional service to our clients and the highest quality after care to their beloved pets.
Must possess a tactful, sympathetic, and respectful manner. Strong communication skills and good administration and record keeping skills are required. Must be able to work with minimal supervision and pay close attention to detail.
Must possess valid CA driver’s license and clean driving record. Candidates must be able to work M-F, 6AM-3PM along with the rest of our cremation team! Duties include, but are not limited to: coordinating and communicating with hospital clients, communicating with pet owners, maintaining records and documents, maintaining and operating cremation equipment, transporting remains, and ensuring proper identification of remains at all times.
You will also be responsible for inventory and ordering. We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including, medical/dental/vision and paid vacation/sick days (for F/T employees only), 401(k), and more! If interested in this opportunity, please click the “Apply” link below. If you think this would be an ideal opportunity for someone you know, click “Share.” Required SkillsRequired Experience
Preneed Insurance Sales Supporting Mclane Funeral & Cremation Services
We are looking for a dynamic sales professional to join our team!!
A Family Service Counselor is the outside sales representative, and community face for a leading funeral home in the area. In this role, you are responsible for helping families prearrange and prefund end of life services. This opportunity is supporting McLane Funeral and Cremation Services in Valdosta, GA.
Precoa (www.precoa.com) is a proactive sales and marketing company in the preneed insurance market. We provide full marketing, lead generation, and appointment setting support specifically designed to significantly increase sales volume and earning potential.
Benefits & Compensation:
- $40,000 - $60,000 anticipated income (unlimited earning potential).
- Annual Sales Incentive Trips.
- Lead generation programs and strategic marketing systems provided at no cost.
- Pre-set appointments through Precoa's inside sales team.
- Strong interpersonal sales abilities and relationship development skills.
- Ability to effectively close pre-set appointments.
- Excellent communication skills/lead generation/networking abilities.
- Current life insurance license or the ability to obtain one.
This opportunity will provide you with the ability to work in a meaningful career while experiencing a tremendous earning opportunity. The ideal candidate will be a professional, self-motivated, and outgoing sales professional looking for a position helping families in their community.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!