Crimper Job Description Sample
Jumper Service Technician
Jumper Service Technicians will be held to a high standard of service, ICEE has a commitment to success: to our customers, partners, and employees. Technicians are required to service all ICEE and restaurant equipment such as: Frozen Carbonated and Non Carbonated dispensers, fountain beverage equipment, ice makers, juice dispensers, etc. Technicians will work with minimal supervision and are required to attend weekly meetings held in their Service Center. Individuals in this role MUST be willing to TRAVEL 50% of the time. Technicians are provided with: a vehicle, uniforms, tools, cell phone, and gas card.
REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, the Service Technician must be self-motivated and have the ability to stay on task with minimal to no supervision. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
70 lbs required.
ROUTE SALES REPRESENTATIVE - Belleville, NJ
Exciting Route Sales opportunity with unlimited earning potential!
About Domestic Uniform Rental:
- Leading provider in the uniform and facilities products rental industry for over 90 years
- Industry-best product quality
- Value-added service that is second to none
- Only company in the industry to back up all products and services with a written guarantee
- Service mentality
- Willingness to learn and desire to be part of a team
- Customer-centric approach
- Strong organization, communication, and issue resolution skills
- Drive commercial step van through Metropolitan NY area
- Load and unload of clean and soiled merchandise at each customer and at the beginning and end of the day
- Relocate and/or drive commercial step van while route sales representative is servicing account
- High School Diploma/GED required
- 2-4 years service or sales experience
- Valid Driver License with clean driving record
- Base salary
- Health benefits and 401(k)
Crown Uniform & Linen Service is now actively recruiting a Route Jumper - Crown Uniform for its Service location. In order to learn more about this position, and to directly apply online, please click here: https://crownuniform.hyrell.com/VirtualStepPositionDetails.aspx?TemplateId=75494 Thank you for your interest in this position. The Hiring Manager Job Code : 364 Division/Department : Delivery Driver
Requisition ID: 364
Sales: Route Jumpers
Sales: Route Jumpers
Several full time sales positions located in Boston, Metro Boston and North Shore area. Job requires strong communication skills with customers and staff. 2-3 years in a sales or merchandising position required. Position requires a good driving record and a flexible work schedule.
• Polar Beverages
• Job code: 302
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- The purpose of the Fiber Technician is to be responsible for the terminating, splicing, bonding/grounding, documenting and testing of all fiber optic cables within the systems fiber optic networks and their related equipment with the end goal of providing maximum operating efficiency. Your interview will include a demonstration of your level of skill. Compensation is based on your level of skill.
- Install, repair, maintain, test proof or adjust, as needed, all fiber optic cables and related equipment. In the course of performing these duties, the technician will climb utility poles and ladders, lift and carry equipment that weighs at least 75 lbs, use a variety of hand tools, work in all types of inclement weather, enter Underground facilities and be able to use a shovel to uncover underground closures. Candidate must have the ability to work at ground level, crouch squat and sit. Install Network Interface units outdoors on customer premises.
- Coordinate fiber activities with other departments and staff.
- Performs fiber tests with OTDR’s, light source and meters.
- Terminates, splices, bonds/grounds and tests fiber optic equipment to customer standards.
- Provides accurate equipment location, splicing and terminating records for the fiber database.
- Assists the Construction and Engineering departments in accepting and turning up the fiber network.
- Builds bays, racking, jumper ducts and other network elements needed for the installing of fiber optic equipment and patch and panels.
- Monitor, communicate and perform corrective actions to fix problems affecting any fiber or fiber related equipment from Master Control to and through each HUB to the NODE.
- Provision and install media converters for Dedicated Access customers.
- Serve as a technical resource for staff on all fiber related areas and technical procedures. Be available for any on call emergency coverage for fiber restoration year-round.
- Schedule may include working Saturday, Sunday and nights.
- Must have and maintain a valid Tennessee driver's license and have a good driving record
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience with fiber optic cable technology, formal fiber optic training desired.
- Must have a good understanding of the technologies and standards as they apply to the installation of fiber optic networks.
- Must be able to differentiate color codes.
Must be able to Mid Entry fibers/Split Tubes .
- Must be able to read and understand manufacture’s manuals for operating and repairing of electronic equipment and components.
- Proficient in the operation of all related fiber tools and equipment.
- Must have a working knowledge of design and layout for fiber terminations.
- Must possess a good understanding of fiber documentation and have the ability to assist in laying out new fiber circuits.
- Must be able to think analytically.
- Excellent customer presentation and service skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic fast paced environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadline environments.
- Ability to translate highly technical information to end user customers and staff.
- Ability to communicate with other staff.
- Ability to handle on-call responsibilities.
- Act as a customer contact. Interface with customers and local supervisors to clarify project status.
- Learn new equipment software and interfaces to help expand business opportunities.
- Work well within a team
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- Good computer soft skills required
- Adaptable to changing environments
- Reliable transportation and tools
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Some trade school training is desired.
Cable Splicing Technician
Salary Information Weekly Rate: $601.50 - $1512.50 Summary As a Cable Splicing Technician you’ll add, place, remove, reroute, set up, rack, splice, transfer, repair, rearrange, bond, pressurize, and test aerial, underground, and buried cable. You’ll also mount, cut-in, and repair cable terminal and load cases. Rearrange service drops, aerial and buried jumper wire and step poles. Test, locate and repair defects in wires for copper cables and fibers for fiber optic cables, using electrical and mechanical testing apparatus. Responsibilities
Read and interpret engineering plans, vendor specifications for the installation and repair of optic and electronic equipment, and interacting with the Engineering Group.
Make necessary preparations required for splicing, rearranging and terminate cable conductors.Perform splicing operations in connection with the installation, rearrangement, and repair of outside plant facilities. This includes fiber/copper cable, wire, terminals, loop carrier electronics and light guide facilities and various fiber optic applications which may be aloft, underground, or buried.
Locate and clear troubles in outside plant facilities (copper and/or fiber).
Determine air flow and pressure in cables – aerial and underground.Preparing cables for pressurization and maintaining cable pressure.
Using test equipment to check for gas in manholes and may have to empty water from manholes.
Occasionally work with torches and lead sleeves and iron cases.Place and remove protective covering over sheath openings.
Work aloft; climb ladders and poles; enter tunnels, buildings, trenches, crawl spaces, manholes, and other confined spaces to accomplish job tasks.
May work outdoors in all weather conditions.
Perform light digging operations as required.
Operate and maintain necessary trucks and equipment needed to perform work operations in a safe manner.Includes operating aerial lifts (buckets) and hydraulic lift ladders mounted on trucks.
Test, locate and repair defects in wires for copper cables and fibers for fiber optic cables and digital carrier systems, using electrical and mechanical testing apparatus.
Install, repair, inspect and maintain inside cables, wires and plug-in equipment to connect telecommunication systems and equipment, including dark fiber and fiber and/or equipment including but not limited to routers, video set-top boxes and PC related hardware.
Promote the sale of services and products which the company is permitted to provide.
Contact customers face-to-face to notify them of work being performed on their lines, and when service is restored. Also communicates Company policy and bills customer when appropriate.
Read and interpret vendor specifications for optic and electronic equipment. Identifying and meeting individual customer requirements on provisioning and/or repair contacts.
Identify data base discrepancies by performing proactive preventive maintenance and providing corrected information to appropriate individuals.
Daily completion of all related administrative paperwork, time sheets, DOT log, etc.
Basic computer skills, working with customers’ computer and equipment.
Perform additional duties and tasks as required by the Company. Qualifications
Must meet required test results for this position in accordance with company policy.
Must meet Verizon medical standards for the job. Must meet weight restrictions to comply with OSHA/Company safety standards.
Ability to perceive differences in wire and cable colors.
Must be able to move and/or lift items such as ladders, cable and other objects weighing up to 100 pounds; wear a tool belt and work aloft.
A valid state driver’s license is required. Must have ability to drive a vehicle with manual gearshift and meet applicable federal and state standards for operating the size vehicles covered by this job title. Where a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) is required, you must pass an alcohol and drug test. Where a CDL is required, you will receive related, company-provided Department of Transportation (D.O.T) training. Upon completion of D.O.T training, you must qualify on D.O.T’s CDL written and skills qualifications tests to retain the job.
A Security background investigation may be required.
Job site visits will generally be granted only where a contractual obligation exists.
Availability to work scheduled tours designated by the Collective Bargaining Agreement and/or the needs of the business. May be required to work evenings, weekends, holidays, overtime and emergency call outs as the needs of the business necessitate. Non-scheduled days will be required as the needs of the business necessitate. Additional Information Work tours may vary but will fall within the hours of operation of Monday through Sunday from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM with weekends, evenings and overtime as needed by the business. A valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL) is required at the time of hire. Test(s) Required Verizon Job Fit Test B Field Operations Assessment Non-Management SI Test Preview Test Previews Equal Employment Opportunity We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better. REQNUMBER: 469815-1A
Tower Hand I - Houston, TX
Goodman Networks offers a complete family of solutions to wireless carriers, OEMs, backhaul service providers, and enterprise customers. Additionally, our Field Services division is a valued partner of DIRECTV delivering high quality service installations, maintenance, and upgrades for residential and commercial customers. Solutions and services offered by Goodman Networks help these entities implement new technologies faster, enhance network performance, and improve business results.
Tower Hands support all aspects of tower installations, including all antennas and transmission lines. Tower HandsPerform construction duties on a daily basis ensuring quality constructionfrom the foundation to erection of lattice towers, monopoles, and guyed towers. Essential Function: * Trouble shoots Alarms / RSSI issues at sites using supplied sweep gear.
Perform electrical down tilts and mechanical down tilts to a variety of antennas using supplied antenna controller units.
Run jumpers as needed to complete ongoing scopes of work.
May devise jumper connections with knowledge from connector training.
Complete required equipment and supply paperwork.
Climbing communications structures, to include: guyed; self-supporting; monopoles; building/rooftops; grain silos; etc.
Performing audits: safety; defect and quality.
Ability to follow daily instructions.
Ability to run jumpers as needed to complete ongoing scopes of work.
Fill out required paperwork and printouts. Goodman Networks considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Recommended Minimum
* High School Diploma or equivalent
Typically requires less than 1 year related experience Recommended Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: * Requires working knowledge of Microwave equipment
Troubleshoot and fix on connectors and Antenna system.
Ability to Install coaxial cable on towers, rooftop - any structure
Experience in completing full grounding installations, tower demolition, tower stripping and painting (erect and horizontal)
Knowledge of standard knots
Ability to work closely with others
Team Player Certificates, Licenses, Registration and
* MUST be a Certified Tower Climber - can be via Gravitec Systems, Inc. or ComTrain
Travel within a designated region is required
Anritsu and/or OSHA certification a plus Physical Demands: * Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
Title:Tower Hand I - Houston, TX
Cable Splicer - MOA
Posted Externally Only in accordance with Memorandum of Agreement/Network Services - Staffing, pages 158 & 159 of the CA CWA Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Location: LOS ANGELES, CA - 5546 WESTLAWN (CA673)
Union: CWA 9586 - VZ3 CBA 004
Summary Set up, rack, splice, transfer, repair, rearrange, bond, pressurize, and test aerial, underground, and buried cable. Mount, cut-in, and repair cable terminal and load coil cases. Rearrange service drops, aerial, and buried jumper wire and step poles. Operate company vehicles as required. Perform such work under minimum supervision.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
* The nature of this work is a variety of tasks with only general guidelines as to the instructions, practices and/or procedures in making transfers, line cuts, and cable rearrangements.
Handle and climb ladders and poles, work at heights in boom trucks, enter tunnels, buildings, trenches, crawl spaces, and manholes to place materials.
Work with small hand tools, mechanical equipment, test equipment, color coded and tone identified wires in the connection of wires and cables to other telephone equipment and in connecting cable pairs together. This work requires understanding written specifications and following established procedures of moderate complexity.
Splicing done by twisting and/or soldering or by joining with prescribed wire connectors, i.e., aerial, underground, buried, submarine, building, multiple conductor cable, coaxial cable, and other wire. Covers conductors with insulating materials.
Places and connects cable terminals and NIDS.
This work requires frequent pushing, pulling, and lifting of moderate to heavy weight objects throughout the workday.
Read and interpret cut sheets and work order prints in order to complete work assignment.
Keep detailed written record of work activity.
Place hermetically sealed free breathing or encapsulated type splice closures.
Use electrical test equipment to verify and determine defective wire in cable.
Perform cable acceptance tests to determine if cable meets specified requirements.
Load required tools and materials on boom trucks, vans, pick-up trucks, and drive to work location.
Use test equipment to check for gas in manholes and may have to empty water and other debris from manholes.
Test all cable pressure systems and air test hermetically sealed closures for leaks.
May be required to perform additional duties and tasks as required by the Company.
Basic Qualifications * Tests
–Results obtained in standard tests for this position must meet minimum requirements established by the Company, in accordance with Company policy.
Experience – Management will designate the experience level required for each vacancy. # * First consideration will be given to an individual who in the last ten years has successfully held the position of Cable Splicer or OSP Construction Installer/Splicer or who possesses the equivalent experience (i.e., other telecommunications company experience).
Second consideration will be given to an individual who in the last ten years has successfully held the position of Communications Specialist, Customer Service Technician I, Customer Service Technician II, Customer Service Technician III, Fiber Network Field Technician, Internal Communications Technician, Lineworker, Plant Construction Installer, Public Access Sales Technician, Collector/Maintainer, Public Communications Field Technician, Senior Communications Specialist or Special Equipment Installer, or who possesses the equivalent experience (i.e., other telecommunications company experience).
Third consideration will be given to an individual who in the last ten years has successfully held the position of Buried Service Wire Technician, Equipment Maintainer, Equipment Installer, Frame Worker or Frame Maintainer, or who possesses the equivalent experience (i.e., other telecommunications company experience). * *If there are no individuals who meet the criteria outlined above, consideration will be given to all other individuals.
Must possess, at time of appointment, a valid California class “C" driver’s license, and if required at the assigned job site, must demonstrate proficiency in the operation of a vehicle equipped with a standard (manual shift) transmission. May be required to obtain a valid California Class “A” driver’s license, after appointment, to meet vehicle or equipment operation requirements. (Class “A” drivers will be subject to random drug tests in accordance with the Department of Transportation
Legally required Criminal Records Check – Employee will be required to be fingerprinted and pass the Department of Justice criminal records screening process in order to ensure that the employee has never been convicted of, and is not the defendant in a pending criminal proceeding with respect to an arrest for, any “serious” or “violent” felony (as defined in the California Education and Penal Codes). The Department of Justice will continuously monitor the employee’s criminal record while the employee is employed in this position, and the employee shall be required to pass such continuous screening in order to retain this position.
Must possess the ability to perceive difference in colors.
Must possess the ability to distinguish audible tones/levels. Additional
*ONLY 1ST - 3RD CONSIDERATIONS WILL BE USED ON THIS POSITION Frontier is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information please visit:https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htmJob Location: LOS ANGELES, California, United States
Position Type:* Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code:* 319382-798
Fiber Optic Technician - Morgantown, WV
Pillar Innovations, LLC is a progressive engineering services company that takes pride in being on the cutting edge of technology. Pillar Innovations offers a diverse product portfolio to fulfill the needs of the energy, mining, environmental and manufacturing sectors. Additionally, it provides services ranging from custom software packages to belt splice monitoring and wireless communications. Regardless of the need, Pillar Innovations is there to provide the safety, communication, and automation systems that industrial customers need to succeed. Pillar Innovations is a rapidly-growing company that offers a fun and challenging work environment with a wealth of opportunities for professional growth. Pillar Innovations offers competitive wages commensurate with experience, outstanding medical, dental and vision benefits, short-term and long- term disability, life insurance, 401k, paid holidays and paid time off. Pillar Innovations is now accepting applications for a full-time Fiber Optic Technician. The Fiber Optic Technician will be responsible for terminating, splicing, documenting and testing fiber optic cables with an end goal of providing maximum operating efficiency. This position will also be responsible for customer premise installations, including racking, cabling, bonding, and grounding. This Fiber Optic Technician position requires a flexible work schedule that includes extended hours, travel and regular overnight and out-of-town stay and night-shift and after-hour calls for service and repair The Fiber Optic Technician will work out of the Pillar Innovations Division located in Morgantown, WV.
Terminate, splice, document and test fiber optic cables
Responsible for customer premise installations, including racking, cabling, bonding, and grounding
Coordinate fiber activities with other Aerial Communications Linemen and other trades and departments as necessary
Perform ring cuts on live fiber without affecting existing services
Perform fiber tests with OTDRs, light source and meters
Provides accurate equipment location, splicing and terminating records for the fiber database
Builds bays, racking, jumper ducts and other network elements needed for the installing of fiber optic equipment and patch and panels
Monitor, communicate and perform corrective actions to fix problems affecting any fiber or fiber related equipment
Install demarcation enclosures, switches and other telecom equipment
Support new business development and customer service by being available and responsive to internal and external customers and for new business inquiries
Provide detailed paperwork and documentation to ensure accurate record-keeping, billing and inventory
Working knowledge of fiber optics and networking
Ability to work under minimal supervision, within broad guidelines of procedures and goals, able to apply technical expertise to a variety of situations, evaluating problems and implementing the best solutions
Ability to differentiate color codes, as well as read and understand manufacturer’s manuals for operating and repairing of electronic equipment and components
Proficient in the operation of all related fiber tools and equipment
Experience with bucket trucks and safety procedures
Willing and able to work a flexible schedule that includes extended hours, travel, regular overnight and out-of-town stay, occasional night-shifts and after hour calls for service and repair
Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) and maintain a high level of customer service and to represent Pillar Innovations in a professional, competent and courteous manner
Must possess a working knowledge of personal computers and software packages such as Microsoft Word and Excel
Must be dependable; trustworthy; and possess a positive and productive attitude
Must be able to work well with co-workers and customers Preferred Job
+ 2+ years of outside plant fiber splicing and customer premise equipment installation
Experience with the following equipment: fusion splicer, mechanical splicer, OTDR, power meters, traffic identifiers, digital multi-meters, cleavers, strippers, buffer tube splitters, cable ring tools, hand tools, toners, rodders, ladders, bucket trucks, etc.
Familiar with standards and best practices for premise entry and electronic equipment installation
Understanding of the technologies and standards as they apply to the installation of fiber optic networks
Working knowledge of design and layout for fiber terminations
Possess a good understanding of fiber documentation and have the ability to assist in laying out new fiber circuits
Possess good understanding of Direct Current and Alternating Current wiring and operation Working Conditions: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
Walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb ladders and stairs; crawl; kneel
Climb poles; carry, set-up and extend ladders weighing up to 100 lbs., as well as work with confidence on ladders and utility poles at heights of up to 40 feet
Work indoors and outdoors in all types of weather Additional Eligibility
Must possess a valid and appropriate state driver’s license prior to employment
This position requires the completion of a thorough pre-employment background check including employment, education SSN verifications, employment references, and pre-employment drug and alcohol screenings. In accordance with our Company Substance Abuse Policy, employees are required to participate in random, post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing
Visual and aural acuity to operate a variety of standard test and measurement equipment AAP/EEO Statement Pillar Innovations is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide opportunities without regard to any protected classes under applicable law. ADA Statement Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other Duties This job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. ID: 2017-1501 External Company Name: Beitzel Corporation External Company URL: http://beitzelcorp.com/
Hand Soldering Technician
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Soldering-Rework and Repair
- Communicates and listens effectively in a professional and courteous manner.
- Good attention to detail and organizational skills (work neatly.)
- Manually install electronic components and jumper wires according to knowledge of unit being assembled by following written directions and/or drawings and/or schematics.
- Create soldered connections to applicable quality standards.
- Utilizes small hand tools for positioning parts to assist in assembly operation, stripping wire, forming leads, etc.
- Must be familiar with J standard –IPC-EMC- electronic manufacturing service
- High school education; or up to six months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good eye/hand coordination (can work with small parts and assemblies.)
- Knowledge of component identification is required.
- Ability to read and speak English fluently.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!