Crosscutter Rolled Glass Job Description Sample
Now Hiring A Sales Manager Rolled Metal Products!
Summary of Position
The Sales Manager is responsible for managing the activity of the sales team through sales efforts, purchasing and vendor relationship. To coordinate inside efforts with those of the respective outside team members as well as provide internal leadership that enhances sales, profitability, solutions to customers daily needs and to be innovative in determining/developing approaches to growing top line sales within Rolled Metal Products.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a minimum, the following is a basic description of typical duties and responsibilities expected of the Sales Manager. These duties are not exhaustive and are subject to change as the needs of the organization require.
- Oversee activities of all Sales Representatives including recommending hiring, advising on performance reviews, mentoring, training and travel, delegation of work assignments, answering job related questions, assisting with problems, discipline, and discharge of subordinate personnel.
- Direct management of key accounts and target customers.
- Develop relationships with decision makers at key accounts and targets through visits, phone calls and emails.
- Develop strategic sales development plan to meet or exceed annual forecast.
- Facilitate weekly sales meetings, reviewing all new customer activity, sales and inventory goals with staff.
- Troubleshoot as necessary, monitoring all lost orders and provide analysis of this data.
- Assist General Manager to optimize inventory control and purchasing as well as assist in appraising historic data or inventory needs to ensure effective inventory turnover.
- Monitor daily sales bookings and provide encouragement and assistance to the team in securing orders.
- Monitor shipping schedules to help maintain promised customer deliveries.
- Mentor sales staff as necessary, including traveling with, prospecting new targets and visiting existing account base to cultivate customer relationships.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends and development in the field and attend appropriate workshops and seminars to strength skills and knowledge of industry.
- Operate with high integrity, maintaining positive relations with co-workers, customers, and suppliers
- Strong work ethic; self-motivated
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational, problem solving skills, and time management skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task
- Creative, forward thinker
- Microsoft Office proficiency, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Valid Drivers License
- Extensive knowledge of stainless steel strip market
- Five+ years experience in sales and marketing
- Two+ year supervisory experience
Keywords: stainless, steel, metal, strip, coil, sales, manager, management
Rolled Metal Products is one of the steel industry’s most respected service centers with facilities across North America. We stock Stainless Steel, Nickel Alloys, Aluminum and other Specialty Metals in coil form and also offer toll processing of various metals including: Stainless Steel, Nickel Alloys, Titanium, Aluminum, Brass, Copper, Carbon Steel, and other Specialty Metals. Our capabilities include slitting, tempering, gauge reduction, cut-to-length, edging, oscillate winding, and skiving. Our dedication to providing high-quality products, short lead times and reliable delivery has always been the key to our success. We are constantly improving our facilities to include state-of-the-art technology, SPC and quality control standards.
Outside Salesperson Or Sales Group For Flat Rolled Steel Sales
A Midwest Based Flat Rolled Steel Service Center has an opening for an "outside salesperson" or "sales group" to sell their products.
We are searching for experienced outside sales professionals who are ready for a new challenge. Ideally, the successful candidate will have flat rolled steel experience with a loyal customer base.
Our current market is centered on Hot Rolled Black and P&O sheets and slit coils, along with Cold Roll and Coated Products. We are financially strong and have modern equipment and a large inventory position which includes high strength products. We generally sell in truckload quantities.
The sales person will initially focus on territory development, building relationships and the opening of new accounts. We will support these efforts with specific training on our systems. The customer service group provides support and manages the customer orders so the salesperson can focus on selling.
The sales person does not need to relocate as long as the are in the Midwest or South.
A "sales group" will have our financial support.
Qualified candidates, please submit your resume information.
Glazier - Glass Installation, Glazier, Residential Glass
Glass Installation, glazier, Residential Glass Glazier
Glass Installation, glazier, Residential Glass
Glass Installation, glazier, Residential Glass, Commercial Glass, Curtain Wall If you are a Glazier with experience, please read on! We are the largest full-service retailer and installer of Architectural Glass and aluminum products within the construction, residential, and automotive markets in the United States. Our company was founded in the 1870s and has over 65 locations in 15 states. With more than 140 years in business, we have the track record of being an organization where careers are made. Many of our current 850+ employees have grown through the ranks and have great careers at our organization. Are you next?
What You Need for this Position Experience in: -Reading and interpreting blueprints or specifications.
Cutting and removing broken glass.
Installing moldings for glass installation.
Grinding and polishing glass.
Determining the materials required for completing a particular job.
What You Will Be Doing - Cut, assemble, fit, and attach metal-framed glass enclosures for showers, bathtubs, display cases, skylights, solarium's, and other structures.
Fabricate and install metal sashes and moldings for glass installation, using aluminum or steel framing.
Load and arrange glass and mirrors onto delivery trucks, using suction cups or cranes to lift glass. So, if you are a Glazier with experience, please apply today! Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Glass Installation, glazier, Residential Glass* VA-NorfolkFB1-1281854
Automotive Glass Technician And Trainees
We are currently looking for Experienced Auto Glass Technicians & Trainees in our Franklin, MA location. JN Phillips Auto Glass is the leader in Auto Glass Repair and Replacement Services, with over 43 locations and 160 mobile vans we are the consumer’s choice for Auto Glass Services. Opportunities are available for the right individuals to join our team as Glass Technicians or Technician Trainees! Whether you have related experience or not, if you're willing to roll up your sleeves and train to become JN Phillips Auto Glass experts, this may be just what you're looking for. A career in auto glass with JN Phillips offers great earning potential and benefits. JN Phillips believes that at the foundation of a successful business enterprise are employees who have integrity, share mutual respect, enjoy fair treatment, receive fair and competitive wages and benefits, act professionally, and are proud of their work. Each and every employee is valued greatly, and when appropriate, growth and promotional opportunities are available to him or her. JN Phillips recognizes that a customer’s first point of contact could be with any one of our employees, and for that reason, it is important that we recognize we are all part of one team. JN Phillips encourages openness and input from its employees at every level. Respect for the dignity, feelings, and needs of all employees and customers are essential to build the strength of the JN Phillips team. Our Glass Technicians use the latest tools to remove and install autoglass, including front and rear windshields and other vehicle windows. You'll meet our customers, apply your skills and your detail orientation to provide excellent service, and you’ll be there in person to ensure customer satisfaction. You'll use the latest technology to enter order information and complete transaction We're looking for dependable team players who take pride in their work, show initiative and who care about providing customers with excellent service. We train on the job! We have an extensive paid 3 month training program that will get you repairing on your own as if you had been doing it for years!
Demonstrate competency in professional installation of windshields and glass assuring the quality of workmanship.
Participate actively in industry training programs; strive to complete industry and supplier certification programs beyond entry level
Willingness to learn new installation techniques, equipment and materials
Promote sales and repeat business by practicing positive customer service skills with clients
Troubleshoot and solve problem installations rectify problem situations with client
Communicates JNP’s glass values to customers
Work as an effective team member, freely sharing knowledge and expertise with other technicians Candidate should be a self-starter and meet the following requirements: progressive work experience a plus but not required, superior customer service; ability to learn computer systems and business software; possess excellent organizational and communication skills; and be challenged by and motivated to take on new tasks and responsibilities.
High School Diploma or GED preferred
Practices safe driving practices – must have a valid drivers license and acceptable driving record
Ability to lift and carry objects weighting up to 70 lbs
Ability to operate various hand and power tools
Skilled in verbal communications and effective listening
Pre-employment background & drug test are required. We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits package including Heath, Dental, Vision, 401k, Life insurance, Paid holidays and Vacation time. EEO is The Law - click here for more information Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled ID: 2017-1684 External Company URL: http://www.jnphillips.com/
Glass Factory Worker
Must be able to work in a NON- CLIMATE CONTROLLED environment.
Stand and/or walk the entire duration of the assigned shift.
Must be able to lift 20lbs repeatedly
Ability to comprehend and follow instructions, given by supervisor and/or manager.
Previous Fork Lift and front loader experience is helpful but not required. This is a tobacco free environment A criminal background check, results of which are not necessarily a bar to employment, and a drug screen are required.
Glazier / Industrial Worker / Glass Handler
Glaziers - fabricate aluminum storefront window frames, curtain wall system frames, U channel style frames, set frames in opening, anchor frame in opening, set glass in frames, caulk joint around frame. Must be able to use power tools and hand tools, including drills, impacts, sawzall, chopsaw, powder actuated nail gun, spatula or trowel etc.
Industrial workers- An industrial worker is typically an entry level position beginning as a Glazier's helper, the industrial worker has the ability to learn both the fabricating and installation in the field of glazing and frames, with dedication and a good work ethic they can become glaziers.
Glass Handlers- Glass handlers may do a variety of work in a shop. They may run equipment that alters glass such as, tempering ovens, edgers - that bevel edges or smooth edges, hole saws - that cut holes in glass, package glass for shipping or crating, and various other jobs in a shop. Glass handlers have varying pay scales - contact for more info.
CDL license is a plus.
Must be able to lift 70 pounds or more.
May require background check or drug screen.
Collision And Glass Center Manager
Responsibilities will include team supervision, estimating, scheduling, production and quality control of all theft, collision, manufacturer warranty and paint repairs. Qualified applicant must have collision management experience, knowledge of direct repair and genuine interest in "The Guest Experiences". This is a great opportunity and we will give consideration to well qualified current assistants. References are required. We area succesful franchised automobile dealership in a beautiful community with opportunity to grow. Compensation will include salary, plus commission, bonuses, vacation, paid holidays, 401K , full medical coverage with BCBS, including dental prescription and eye care.
Project Manager - Glass & Door
Maloney Glass & Overhead Door Company
Job Title: Estimator/Project Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Analyzes blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for products, projects, or services by performing the following duties.
· Employee’s primary duty is the performance of office work directly related to the general business operations of the employer or the employer’s customers
· This job also requires the exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance
· Reviews data to determine material and labor requirements and prepares itemized lists
· Computes cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work, preparing bids, selecting vendors or subcontractors, and determining cost effectiveness
· Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions.
· Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
· Interfaces with other individuals in the organization to obtain support and commitments to the cost estimates.
· Organizes and manages a centralized cost estimating database and a formal process to support cost estimating to ensure historical data is utilized.
· Analyzes completed projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs and determine the reason for any discrepancies.
· Provides improvement recommendations to cost estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs.
· Identifies cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement efforts.
· Operate a computer and word processing software and other standard office equipment.
· Type accurately at a speed necessary to meet the requirements of the position.
· Interpret, apply, explain and reach sound decisions in accordance with laws, regulations, rules and policies.
· Communicate clearly and effectively orally and in writing.
· Manage multiple and rapidly changing priorities.
· Maintain highly sensitive and confidential information.
· Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
· Project Management – Develops project plans; coordinates projects, communicates changes and progress, completes projects on time and budget, manages project team activities.
· Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities, strives to continuously build knowledge and skills, shares expertise with others.
· Customer Service – Meets commitments
· Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listens and gets clarification, responds well to questions, participates in meetings.
· Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively, varies writing style to meet needs, presents numerical data effectively, able to read and interpret written information.
· Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities
· Change Management – Communicates changes effectively, Monitors transition and evaluates results.
· Delegation – Delegates work assignments; matches the reasonability to the person; gives authority to work independently; sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; provides recognition for results.
· Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
· Managing people – Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; improves processes, products and services.
· Cost consciousness – works within approved budget, develops and implements cost saving measures, contributes to profits and revenue, conserves organizational resources.
· Organizational Support – Follow policies and procedures, completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
· Judgement – Displays willingness to make decision; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
· Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities, organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
· Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure, treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or positions, accepts responsibility for own actions, follows through on commitments.
· Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and toughness, looks for ways to improve and promote quality
· Quantity – Meets productivity standards, completes work in timely manner, strives to increase productivity, works quickly
· Adaptability – Manages competing demands; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
· Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures, determines appropriate action beyond guidelines, reports potentially unsafe conditions, uses equipment and materials properly
· Attendance/punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time, ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
· Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours or work when necessary to reach goals, completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
· Initiative – Undertakes self-development activities, seeks increased responsibilities, takes independent action and calculated risks, looks for and takes advantages or opportunities, asks for and offers help with needed.
· Innovative – Displays original thinking and creativity, meets challenges with resourcefulness, generates suggests for improving work, develops innovative approaches and ideas, presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands or fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
· No Special license is required for this position.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. High School Diploma or GED
2. Two years of office experience
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor’s degree [related field or construction science preferred]
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instruction furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, and individual should have knowledge of Timberline Project Management software, MAS90 accounting software, Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word processing software.
Current Driver’s License
The Policy of our company is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran; and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Further, the Company takes affirmative action to insure that applicants and employees covered under Executive Order 11246, as amended, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended by the Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, are not discriminated against due to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
As President and Chief Executive Officer, I affirm that the above Equal Employment Opportunity Policy and the Affirmative Action Program executed simultaneously herewith reflect the Company’s attitude and its intention to:
· Recruit, hire, train and promote for all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
· Insure that all other personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, terminations, company-sponsored training, educational tuition assistance and social and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Employees and applicants shall not be subjected to harassment, intimidation, threats coercion or discrimination because they have; (1) filed a complaint; (2) assisted or participated in an investigation, compliance review hearing or any other activity related to the administration of any federal, state or local law requiring Equal Employment Opportunity; (3) opposed any act or practice made unlawful by any federal, state or local law requiring equal opportunity; or (4) exercised any other right protected by federal, state or local law requiring equal opportunity.
The Company in compliance with Executive Order 11246, as amended by Executive Order 11375, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Vietnam Era Veteran’s Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended by the Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, maintains a written Affirmative Action Program. The Affirmative Action Program is maintained in the Human Resources Department and is made available to prospective employees and employees upon request, during normal business hours.
Overall responsibility for directing and implementing the policy enunciated herein and the Company’s Affirmative Action Program has been assigned to Andrea Herring, who serves as the Company’s Affirmative Action Officer. The day-to-day responsibilities have been assigned to Andrea Herring (662) 823-5166, who serves as EEO Officer.
All personnel actions will be analyzed to insure that the Equal Opportunity Policy and the Affirmative Action Program are being properly implemented and annual reports will be submitted to me so that I may monitor progress.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Our Company was founded in 1997. From its humble beginning as a two-employee/one-truck firm, Our company has expanded dynamically in its first 20 years. Our company now employs over 250 people at three different locations in Tupelo, Jackson, and Westpoint Mississippi, and currently has over $100 million of volume in progress. Although the initial focus of the company was solely on construction, Our company has evolved other key service lines, such as a full-service demolitions unit, heavy construction division, trucking, and a real estate division.
Our company is a company anchored to a simple vision: continue serving as a Mississippi industry leader while continuing to expand our reach to become the preferred provider of construction services in our region. Our company continues to expand into new markets to better serve our clients and meet their needs. We pride ourselves on exceptional client relationships, a decade of client satisfaction and meticulous attention to construction detail and safety measures. All of our superintendents are highly seasoned specialists who receive yearly safety construction training. Over the years, we has been recognized for our dedication to creating a safe workplace and continues to keep safety a top priority as we move forward.
Glass Cutting And Tempering Manager
Glass Cutting and Tempering Manager
Depends on Experience
· At least 5 years of experience in Cutting and Tempering.
· Lead through leadership and manage a team dedicated to safety, quality, customer service and continuous improvement.
· Hire, train and lead a team to operate multi-shift cutting and tempering operation. Deliver quality glass production.
· Monitor department excellence through KPI.
· Provide coaching, training and performance appraisal.
· Adhere to company policy always.
· Maintain plant and equipment’s in good condition and maintain quality records.
· Six Sigma Training/Certification /Lean Manufacturing.
Hight School Diploma
Intermediate Computer skills.
Field Service Engineer - Glass Industry
FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER (TX &NC POSITION)
Field Service Engineer reports directly to the Service Manager.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK FOR THIS COMPANY:
Theirpioneering spirit and dedication to research anddevelopment of new production procedures, is reflected in the market standards that have gained worldwide recognition since the company was founded over eighty years ago.
Today, the companys commitment to innovation and quality has led to a deserved reputation as one of the worlds leading suppliers of vacuum coating technology and complex high-end coatings.
The companys national and international footprint combined with enlightened and motivated leadership make them one of the most dynamic companies to work for in the glass industry.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
3+ years of vacuum coating technology experience in the production support of an architectural or optical glass coating line.
have an Engineering B.A, B.S., accredited technical degree or equivalent training or experience in a field of technology such as Electrical, Mechanical, Vacuum Technology, Thin Film etc.
Previous Field Service Experience is preferred.
3+ years of experience with PLC driven automation software and hardware.
Experience with use of Siemens, Allen Bradly and Beckhoff servo drive technology.
THE FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING.
FIELD SERVICE SUPPORT: INSTALLATION OF SYSTEMS, UPGRADES, REPAIRS, AND TRAINING.
- Conduct installation of newly sold equipment at customer location.
- Conduct maintenance work, repair work or customer training at customer location.
- Participating in factory level training for new products, components, or processes.
- Providing production support during regular working hours.
- Providing production support on an on-call basis outside regular working hours.
CUSTOMER SUPPORT ASSISTANCE: PROVIDING TECHNICAL SUPPORT.
- Providing technical support externally (directly to clients).
- Providing technical support internally.
SPECIAL PROJECTS: ASSIGNMENTS AND TASKS RELATED TO SPECIAL PROJECTS
- customer supportvisits to customers and vendors.
- Demonstration of equipment to customers/vendors.
- Competitive salary
- Bonus potential
- Attractive benefit package
- Wellness program
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- 401K and much more
Unless noted above, applicants MUST be authorized to work in the US without Visa Sponsorship. US citizens and Green Card holders ONLY. We do not provide relocation assistance for those living outside the continental US. Please only click apply if you meet the specific requirements of the job listing, you are able to work in the location listed, and are comfortable with the salary range indicated above. Thanks for your interest. We look forward to working with you.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!