Crystal Grower Job Description Sample
We are looking for an Assistant Grower who can train under the supervision of our 35+ years experienced Head Grower. The perfect candidate is familiar with various crops and truly enjoys the hands-on growing of plants. Some 3+ years of experience is a plus. Experience with chemical applications and Bio-control and proper nutrition and watering the plants will be essential in being successful at this position. Weekend work and longer hours will also be required from time to time depending on the season. We are looking for someone who knows and understands plants and follows directions well to ensure our experience with the African Violet is respected. We are however, always interested to learn and trial new methods to bring our products to the market as efficient and best quality possible. Candidate needs to be dynamic and also willing to help with shipping and production takes and gives direction to lead some groups of people. For more information about our company please visit our websites: optimara.com, my violet.com, my fern.com and our Facebook.com/optimara
Thank you very much for your interest and considering to make Nashville Tennessee a potential place for a new career.
- The Grower Trainee is responsible for developing as a Grower while assisting the Grower Farm Manager with managing the quality and quantity of mushrooms in the farm mushroom houses.
- Assists with oversight of employee staff and on-site contracted services.
- Assists in the management of the crop throughout the growing cycle.
- Assists with visual observation of Staff and Contractor performance.
- Follows all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's)
- Assists in crop data entry and trend monitoring tasks
Mushroom growing knowledge preferred, but willing to train
Shade Tree Grower
Shade Tree Grower
Loen Nursery Inc. is a grower and supplier of high quality nursery stock. We have a retail store and landscape contractor’s nursery supply yard in Sherwood, Oregon and a growing facility in Woodburn, Oregon.
We are looking for a detail oriented Section Grower to join our team.
Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Manages all aspects of growing container grown nursery tree stock to include planting, pruning, fertilizing, weeding, tagging, staking, inventory, spacing, and shifting up
- Pulls and prepares trees for orders for shipment and in-house transfers
- Monitors irrigation needs, drip and overhead
- Manages and trains shade tree section crews
- Pest and weed control
- Effective use of equipment and crew organization
- Manages crew to include training, quality workmanship, inspection
- 3 year minimum experience in nursery growing
- Experience in operating tractor equipment
- Knowledge in plant identification
- 2 or 4 year degree or comparable work experience
- English/Spanish a plus
We offer medical and dental insurance, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave. Salary based on experience.
Located southwest of Portland, Oregon, Loen Nursery offers extensive inventory, including specimens, hard-to-find items, traditional and contemporary favorites. The company is a one-stop-shopping destination featuring broadleaf and deciduous shrubs, conifers, evergreen azaleas, ferns, flowering trees, fruit trees, grasses, ground covers, Japanese Maples, perennials, rhododendrons, roses & shade trees.
Loen Nursery offers full landscaping quotes, brokerage services and contract growing, as well as delivery and shipping arrangements.
About the Giumarra Companies
The Giumarra Companies is a leading international network of fresh produce growers, distributors, and marketers that encompasses a world of freshness. Since its inception in 1922, the Giumarra group of companies has taken pride in a longstanding commitment and tradition of quality, reliability and innovation to feed the world in a healthy way. For more information, please visit: www.giumarra.com and www.naturespartner.com.
We are seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented candidate with excellent active listening skills and strong analytical skills to support our Accounting team as a Grower Accounting Clerk. Position located in Los Angeles Produce Market (between Alameda & Olympic Blvd). The Grower Accountant is responsible for performing various routine and non-routine grower accounting activities. This includes performing accurate and timely payments to growers as well as performing proper accounting of all grower related costs, crop investment activities through grower settlement, and accurate and timely account reconciliations. This position will also provide specialized calculations, perform ledger postings and other related accounting functions as they relate to grower accounting and the settlement process. Must be able to provide operational accounting support to internal departments, company subsidiaries and cross-functional groups.
The responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to successfully perform the job, including but not limited to:
· Document and reconcile accounting activities from custom developed grower settlement application.
· Complete weekly calculations, system inputs and reconciliation of charges to the growers.
· Perform necessary weekly grower settlement functions.
· Provide guidance, support and direction to other functional groups pertaining to the grower accounting and inventory processes. Coordinate and assist with the month end close process to ensure the reporting of accurate and timely month end results.
· Will be cross-trained in other accounting functions as required.
· Will work in cross-functional teams as required to improve processes used to complete the responsibilities of the position and other areas in the company.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
· Minimum Associates Degree, focused in accounting or finance is highly desired; equivalent experience is required.
· Bilingual a plus (English and Spanish).
· Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet applications (MS Excel) is required.
· A self-starter, ensure delegated tasks are completed with minimal supervisor follow up. Proactively communicate task and project updates to supervisor.
· Communicate with and assist Division managers as well as other department personnel as needed.
· Discreet handling of all business matters.
· Coordinate work flow effectively, efficiently, and neatly with a high level of attention to detail as well as superior organizational skills.
· Excellent analytical skills are an integral component in carrying out required duties and responsibilities associated with this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Day to Day production and maintaining of Horticultural Crops, including watering, Fertilization and pest management. Pesticide license and a B.S. in Horticulture preferred but not necessary. Competitive Salary.
Section Grower- W. Atlee Burpee Company- Fannettsburg, PA
W. Atlee Burpee Company, the leading supplier to the American home gardener, has an immediate opening for a Section Grower at our Willow Hill facility located in
- Work independently and perform work in accordance with Team, Facility, and Company goals.
- Develops and utilizes a weekly written pre-plan for what needs to be done for the next
- Inspects greenhouses and can identify moisture requirements, status of the plants and possible problems/issues
- Scout for insects and disease and apply appropriate controls
- Trains and supervises a team of seasonal employees
- All other duties as assigned.
- Degree in horticulture, floriculture or related degree.
- Minimum of two years commercial growing experience.
- Stand and walk for long periods of time; working on your feet; 20-30% office work
- PA Pesticide License required within six months
- Carry/lift items up to 50 pounds
- Rotating weekends
- Reliable transportation and ability to work in inclement weather required
- Must have effective communication skills
- Knowledge of greenhouse equipment
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to train and supervise a team of seasonal employees
- PGR experience a plus
Please include your salary requirements in your cover letter when submitting your resume for consideration.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are currently looking for a motivated individual to join our team as a Grower. The position is mainly focused on achieving and maintaining high quality crop within an assigned zone. Tasks include, but are not limited to: monitoring and adjusting the greenhouse environment, nutrition/moisture management and application, use of IPM tactics to maintain crop cleanliness (monitor disease/insect damage and application of a BCA or pesticide applications, sanitation), as well as monitoring pH and EC.
The Grower is responsible for the crop success and the continued quality of assigned crops, and must be consistent in their effort to ensure both success and quality. Supervisory experience is preferred but not recommended, as the applicant will be periodically in charge of supervising and/or training of production staff. Qualified applicants must be able to work with the Head Grower to recognize and remediate issues. In addition to the preceding tasks, any tasks or roles deemed necessary to the continued success of the program will be expected of a dedicated grower.
All employees start with our production team as seasonal, temporary employees with opportunities to move into a full-time year round position based on performance and company needs. Other positions within the Production team may be available, and Growers are occassionally promoted from within the team. To be a Grower you must have at least 5 years of experience within a grower position and a degree in Horticulture or a comparable combination of experience and education.
Skills & Abilities
Temperature/moisture management · general plant nutrition skills · general plant disease and insect ID · knowledge of pH and EC effects on plant growth and flower development · time management while multitasking · self motivation · attention to detail · A Grower will be expected to work some (and likely most) weekends.
- Follow and plan work schedules for crop culture, climate, and market conditions.
- Inspect plants periodically to ascertain nutrient deficiencies, detect insect/disease/pest infestations, identify foreign plant growth, and assess and resolve situations to maintain quality product, reporting all actions completed to the Head Grower.
- Use templates to mix and apply fertilizers, pesticides, fungicides, and herbicides to plants as instructed by the Production Manager.
- Assist in maintaining production records. Report all issues or anomalies to the Head Grower
- Maintain greenhouse environment – observe that all equipment (including fans, pads, vents, heat, etc.) are operating correctly
- Maintain equipment – check for proper operation of injectors, booms, and sprayers.
- Assist in light maintenance of greenhouse equipment as needed
- Cleaning, disinfecting, and weeding as directed
- Assist in other ranges or departments as needed
In addition to the above responsibilities, Irrigators will be required to assist with various projects around the greenhouse as needed. At times, it would be expected to assist with greenhouse labor as instructed by the Head Grower.
An ideal candidate has the ability to identify problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes the information, collaborates with other Production team members to resolve issues or develop alternative solutions, and continuously seeks out learning opportunities to improve their knowledge of Tagawa practices and procedures while sharing their expertise with others. Because our Production Team has both English and Spanish Speakers, an ideal candidate would have skills in both languages or possess the communication and interpersonal skills to ensure the completion of objectives while maintaining a positive work environment.
Tagawa Greenhouses started in 1967 with Frank Tagawa and his 5 sons producing vegetable transplants for their truck farming operation. During the 1970's through the 1990's rose and carnations were added and grew the business significantly. As cut flower production moved off shore, production of plugs and liners for sale to other greenhouses increased to fill the former cut flower space in the greenhouses. Finished production of annual bedding, Easter lilies and poinsettias also increased. Today, our 5 petal logo represents the 5 founding brothers with a "Plus" representing our new products, services, and programs. We share the same values and goals as our founders.
We produce annual and perennial seedlings and liners for greenhouses throughout North America. In addition, Tagawa Greenhouses provides finished annual and perennial products for mass-market retailers under the InColor brand.
Tagawa Greenhouse Enterprises LLC (dba. InColor) is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) complying with state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment and providing equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, or racial status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, discharge, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, compensation, benefits, and training.
Looking for a family friendly, welcoming work place environment?
Want more time for yourself and/or family?
Responsible for daily growing and decision making for plant
material and environment in your designated range.
Constant care and monitoring of range for optimum crop quality, climate, and
Responsible for all aspects of growing, including watering, fertilizing, spraying,
Develop/document high quality standards for consistently growing crops using
Conduct trials/experiments to evaluate possible improvements to the crop
Perform/track soil, water, disease tests as needed
Assist in the development and implementation of specific fertilization programs
Monitor/control computerized greenhouse environments
Interact/communicate with a dedicated, knowledgeable, friendly grower team
Interpret/implement horticulture consultant’s recommendations
Identify crop problems and determine a solution
Attend weekly communication meetings both inside the company and
Lead/Supervise employees in your range
Looking for a friendly, homey, family oriented work place
Be part of a tradition that has been sustained for over 50 years of
growing superior quality potted plants and plugs, of
perennials, vegetables, bedding plants and herbs.
You will constantly be challenged and trained, learning from 3 of the
industry’s leading plant/plug consultants that will visit regularly to teach,
stimulate, discuss and challenge you to produce the highest quality plant
Grower Internship or Permanent Grower position open.
Advancement Opportunities Available…don’t limit yourself!
Education, Training, Experience:
BS or AS in Horticulture/Floriculture/Biology or related field or currently working
Exhibit excellent leadership skills
Lead by example – set the highest possible standards for quality, efficiency,
productivity, and behavior
Utilize Overtime hours as necessary to finish daily tasks
Display proficient verbal and written communication skills
Demonstrate basic computer skills – Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook (Power Point
and Access Database knowledge beneficial)
Obtain a state pesticide applicators license
Headquartered in Worcester, Massachusetts, we handle national talent placements across the U.S. with offices on the East and West coast. Our key relationships with top employers in a variety of industries means we can find you an opportunity that matches your skills and career goals. From entry level to high-level executive placement, we can help you find the career of your dreams.
Grower Settlement Clerk
Grower Settlement ClerkTracking Code 787 Job Description
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE:
The Grower Settlement Clerk provides grower accounting and financial reporting support for Dole Fresh Vegetables.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
- Set up new Grower accounts in Mainframe and JDE programs
- Approve and code Grower and Accounts Payable invoices
- Input patch plantings into mainframe
- Correct cooler receipts as necessary
- Process and review grower payment requests and submit to Treasury (DBS)
- Process assessment payments and provide back up to the state and research board
- Prepare advance requests for Growers
- Distribute weekly and period end grower reports
- Participate in business related projects including researching, understanding, and contributing to the completion of projects requested by management
- Perform ad hoc analysis and tasks as requested
- Other duties as assigned
- Solid understanding of accounting data and business reporting required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
- Strong planning, analytical and organization skills
- Ability to interface professionally with all levels of management
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (especially Excel and Word) required
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- 2-4 years of mid to large size company experience preferred
- High School Diploma or GED required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.Job Location Salinas, California, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Dole’s dedication to quality is a commitment solidly backed by comprehensive programs for food safety, scientific crop protection programs, stringent quality control measures, state-of-the-art production and transportation technologies, continuous improvement through research and innovation, and dedication to the safety of our employees, communities, and the environment.
Dole is committed to nutrition education to communicate to the public the health benefits of eating a diet rich in fruit and vegetables, and is a founding member of the National 5-A-Day for Better Health Program, and is a leader in developing technology-based nutrition education programs for children.
You will find Dole Fresh Vegetables’ headquarters in Monterey, California in the heart of the Salinas Valley. Although we are centered in “the Salad Bowl of the World,” we have opportunities all over the US as well as Latin America! Follow us to learn more!
The Bessemer City manufacturing facility is one of three operating salad manufacturing plants in the organization. The plant has 900+ employees, and operates two production and one cleaning shift six or seven days every week, depending on volume demands
The Nursery Grower is responsible for coordinating and managing the planning, growing and harvesting of the Nursery operation. Focus is on improving production practices, managing plant nutrition
• Oversees soil/media preparation for the nurseries.
• Manages shipping and pre-plant handling of plant material.
• Responsible for overseeing the planting and mapping of nurseries.
• Tracks all varieties; works with Program Team to maintain tracking system.
• Responsible for all aspects of growing, including watering, fertilizing, spraying, de-weeding and testing
• Responsible for well water control.
• Check and record daily EC and PH readings and monthly light readings.
• Manages plant’s health inspection and irrigated pest/disease management.
• Manages the nursery and coordinates maintenance and repairs with appropriate parties.
• Calibrates all equipment and probes.
• Responsible for leading the documentation function of the nursery operation.
• Conduct trials/experiments to evaluate possible improvements to the crop
• Perform/track soil, water, disease tests as needed
• Identify/track/control insects
• Assist in the development and implementation of specific fertilization programs
• Monitor/control computerized greenhouse environments
• Interact/communicate with a dedicated, knowledgeable, friendly grower team
• Interpret/implement horticulture consultant’s recommendations
• Identify crop problems and determine a solution.
• Maintain a working knowledge of plant identification, cultural requirements, necessary maintenance activities and timing, and disease/insect pressures
• Proficient knowledge on Integrated Pest Management Practices (IPM)
• Both curatively and preventatively treat plant material for insects and diseases while following all regulations regarding safety and recordkeeping
• Develop and complete research programs aimed toward gains in production practices and/or efficiencies.
• Check and Update growing protocols when needed.
• Develop a regular and consistent method of scouting, nutrient monitoring and water quality monitoring
• Report to Production Manager any problems that may require shipping schedule modifications or that will affect plant inventory
• Identify and develop leaders within the ranks of Team Members
• Degree in Horticulture or Plant Science or equivalent experience would be considered.
• Minimum of five years of leadership experience.
• Pesticide private applicator license
• Knowledge of Worker Protection Standards (WPS)
• Knowledge and experience with plant diseases and their controls
• Good understanding about soil science and nutrient management in substrate.
• Knowledge and experience with pest control (Chemical/Biological)
• Bilingual English/Spanish communication skills preferred.
• Competent in use of Microsoft programs; advanced skills preferred.
• Experience with environmental control software and hardware
• Willingness and ability to learn data systems and handle devices.
• Detailed oriented, accurate, reliable, able to multitask and a team player.
• Has passion for working with people and plants.
• Ability to work weekends as needed.
We have relationships with top breeders, producers, and propagators worldwide and 800+ acres in production on our Central American farms. Complimented by real-time availability on a fully integrate IT system.
We value drive, ethics, and training. We invest in our people because they invest their best in us. At ForemostCo®, you will learn the business from experienced professionals who are top performers in their field. You will begin your training at our Corporate Office in Miami, Florida, drawing on your academic experience as you learn our business.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!