Crystal Grower Job Description Sample
Grower Outreach Technician
Grower Outreach Technician Location: Acampo, CA, US, 95220 Apply now » Apply now
Start apply with LinkedIn +
Start apply with Facebook +
Start apply with Xing +
Start apply with Seek +
Please wait... Date: Jan 19, 2018 Company: E. & J. Gallo Why E. & J. Gallo Winery? Recently recognized by Glassdoor as one of the “Top 50 Best Places to Work”, we couldn’t be prouder of our employees. As a family-owned wine and spirits company with over 90 brands, the heart of our success story is our people. Our passions run deep and what unites us is an incredible culture of teamwork, innovation, and collaboration. Are you a passionate team player who is looking to grow your career? If so, apply today! Cheers! Your Talent & Gallo — A Perfect Pairing. The Grower Outreach Technician will take part in the daily activities of ongoing grower demonstration projects. As a member of the Outreach Team, the technician will be exposed to a variety of vineyard locations, interact with growers and Gallo employees, develop skills in data collection and monitoring grapevine physiology. What You Will Do
Performs experimental design and learns the methodologies used to design and conduct vineyard field demonstrations, including plot establishment.
Samples fruit and tissue for chemical analyses.
Samples tissue for plant pathogens.
Measures grapevine yield components at harvest.
Measures vine growth and development, including canopy microclimate and leaf area.
Observes vine physiology parameters, which includes leaf and stem water potential.
Uses computer software and mobile associated devices to report statistics and graphics.
Maintains cross-functional relationships between winemaking, research, growers and grower relations. What You Need
High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 1 year of viticulture or plant science experience.
Required to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
Valid driver’s license and successful completion of background check. Required to obtain a California driver’s license or appropriate state driver’s license within 30 days of hire.
Required to work in a hot and dusty, or cold and wet vineyard environment for prolonged periods.
The position requires availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays when necessary.
The position requires availability for days longer than 8 hours and a 6 day work week.
The work is performed mostly outdoors in production vineyards. The candidate will travel frequently by car to vineyard sites located throughout California.
Required to use own reliable vehicle to conduct job functions. What Will Set You Apart
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree plus 2 years of viticulture experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
Skilled in the use of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access at a basic level.
Strong communication skills.
Skilled in multi-tasking with strong analytical skills. Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future. To view a full job description, please click here. Requisition ID: 49403 #DNP WIN001 Equal Opportunity Employer
Full Time Cleaner In Grower S Square Walnut Creek CA Pay 13.00 To 15.0
ABM, a leading provider of integrated facility solutions, is looking for a Cleaner.
The Cleaner provides the cleaning and upkeep of an assigned area. The assigned area could be an aircraft, building, hospital or other facility. Cleaner must be flexible and willing to complete all tasks that are assigned. Duties may include cleaning and maintaining carpets and hard surface floors by vacuuming, sweeping and mopping floors. Dusting furniture, pictures, ventilation, lights and blinds, emptying wastebaskets, cleaning windows, restrooms and other normal cleaning and maintenance duties. Must be flexible in other duties as assigned by supervisor.
ABM is an EOE/AA (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)JB.0.00.LN
Grower Assistant (Green House)
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Welby Gardens CO INC has been in business for over 60 years. Our goal is to provide the best product to all of our customers. Today we strive to create a working environment that is safe, productive, and fun. Welby Gardens will continue to recruit the best talent and provide an environment that our employees can succeed.
SUMMARY: Responsible for day to day growing processes including pesticide application, irrigation, lighting, temperature, growing media, fertilization, nutrition, and monitoring the overall health of plants
REPORTS TO: Grower Lead
SUPERVISION OVER: Irrigator
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Proper irrigation of crops
Fertilizer and nutrient management of crops, including mixing fertilizer
Mixing and applying chemicals including growth regulators, fungicides, and insecticides
Monitoring crops for growth, health, insects and diseases and communicating findings with Grower Lead.
Moving, Spacing, and cutting crops.
General greenhouse maintenance - cleaning
Any other duties assigned by Grower Lead
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS:
· Strong desire to grow plants and work in greenhouse environment
· Effective communication skills
· Knowledge of greenhouse and greenhouse equipment
· Detail oriented
· Inspects greenhouses and can identify moisture requirements, status of the plants and possible problems/issues.
Ability to accurately follow instructions
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Degree or 1yr experience in Horticulture or related field
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Able to work 7 days a week and evening shifts.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified. Management reserves the right to revise or amend duties at any time.
We are looking for an Assistant Grower who can train under the supervision of our 35+ years experienced Head Grower. The perfect candidate is familiar with various crops and truly enjoys the hands-on growing of plants. Some 3+ years of experience is a plus. Experience with chemical applications and Bio-control and proper nutrition and watering the plants will be essential in being successful at this position. Weekend work and longer hours will also be required from time to time depending on the season. We are looking for someone who knows and understands plants and follows directions well to ensure our experience with the African Violet is respected. We are however, always interested to learn and trial new methods to bring our products to the market as efficient and best quality possible. Candidate needs to be dynamic and also willing to help with shipping and production takes and gives direction to lead some groups of people. For more information about our company please visit our websites: optimara.com, my violet.com, my fern.com and our Facebook.com/optimara
Thank you very much for your interest and considering to make Nashville Tennessee a potential place for a new career.
Snelling Staffing is currently seeking candidates for multiple Greenhouse Grower positions for a local, family owned greenhouse in Kalamazoo, MI. The Greenhouse Grower will be responsible for the management of crop growing operations. This candidate will be also responsible for the proper care of the greenhouse, including the principles and practices of plant cultivation, propagation, and protection.
Pay : $9.50 to $10.50.hr
Shift : First shift
Responsibilities of a Greenhouse Grower:
- Planting flats of flowers and hanging baskets
- Performing all work quickly, efficiently, and accurately
- Inspecting the quality of plants
- Loading and unloading items
- Packaging finished products and preparing them for shipping
- Ensuring that all production goals are consistently met
Requirements of a Greenhouse Grower:
- Previous production/manufacturing experience (machine or general assembly)
- Ability to read plant tags
- Previous experience in shipping is a plus
- Must be a reliable worker who is able to perform routine tasks without supervision
Interested and qualified candidates for the Greenhouse Grower opening should submit their resume for immediate consideration. Resumes will be reviewed as quickly as possible and qualified applicants will be contacted to set up an interview.
Snelling will take time to personally interview you in order to understand your personality and needs. We understand that people thrive in supportive, motivating and challenging work environments. Let us be your partner in finding the right opportunity. With our 65 years of recruiting experience, Snelling is dedicated to providing the direction and resources that you need to succeed. Our team is here to help guide you through the process of finding your next right-fit job opportunity.
Grower Settlement Clerk
Grower Settlement ClerkTracking Code 787 Job Description
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE:
The Grower Settlement Clerk provides grower accounting and financial reporting support for Dole Fresh Vegetables.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
- Set up new Grower accounts in Mainframe and JDE programs
- Approve and code Grower and Accounts Payable invoices
- Input patch plantings into mainframe
- Correct cooler receipts as necessary
- Process and review grower payment requests and submit to Treasury (DBS)
- Process assessment payments and provide back up to the state and research board
- Prepare advance requests for Growers
- Distribute weekly and period end grower reports
- Participate in business related projects including researching, understanding, and contributing to the completion of projects requested by management
- Perform ad hoc analysis and tasks as requested
- Other duties as assigned
- Solid understanding of accounting data and business reporting required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
- Strong planning, analytical and organization skills
- Ability to interface professionally with all levels of management
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (especially Excel and Word) required
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- 2-4 years of mid to large size company experience preferred
- High School Diploma or GED required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.Job Location Salinas, California, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Dole’s dedication to quality is a commitment solidly backed by comprehensive programs for food safety, scientific crop protection programs, stringent quality control measures, state-of-the-art production and transportation technologies, continuous improvement through research and innovation, and dedication to the safety of our employees, communities, and the environment.
Dole is committed to nutrition education to communicate to the public the health benefits of eating a diet rich in fruit and vegetables, and is a founding member of the National 5-A-Day for Better Health Program, and is a leader in developing technology-based nutrition education programs for children.
You will find Dole Fresh Vegetables’ headquarters in Monterey, California in the heart of the Salinas Valley. Although we are centered in “the Salad Bowl of the World,” we have opportunities all over the US as well as Latin America! Follow us to learn more!
The Bessemer City manufacturing facility is one of three operating salad manufacturing plants in the organization. The plant has 900+ employees, and operates two production and one cleaning shift six or seven days every week, depending on volume demands
Shade Tree Grower
Shade Tree Grower
Loen Nursery Inc. is a grower and supplier of high quality nursery stock. We have a retail store and landscape contractor’s nursery supply yard in Sherwood, Oregon and a growing facility in Woodburn, Oregon.
We are looking for a detail oriented Section Grower to join our team.
Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Manages all aspects of growing container grown nursery tree stock to include planting, pruning, fertilizing, weeding, tagging, staking, inventory, spacing, and shifting up
- Pulls and prepares trees for orders for shipment and in-house transfers
- Monitors irrigation needs, drip and overhead
- Manages and trains shade tree section crews
- Pest and weed control
- Effective use of equipment and crew organization
- Manages crew to include training, quality workmanship, inspection
- 3 year minimum experience in nursery growing
- Experience in operating tractor equipment
- Knowledge in plant identification
- 2 or 4 year degree or comparable work experience
- English/Spanish a plus
We offer medical and dental insurance, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave. Salary based on experience.
Located southwest of Portland, Oregon, Loen Nursery offers extensive inventory, including specimens, hard-to-find items, traditional and contemporary favorites. The company is a one-stop-shopping destination featuring broadleaf and deciduous shrubs, conifers, evergreen azaleas, ferns, flowering trees, fruit trees, grasses, ground covers, Japanese Maples, perennials, rhododendrons, roses & shade trees.
Loen Nursery offers full landscaping quotes, brokerage services and contract growing, as well as delivery and shipping arrangements.
Extraordinary Plants. Extraordinary People.
At Green Circle Growers, we strive to make every day better with the beautiful plants we grow. Our company has successfully grown on the values of respect, hard work, customer focus and integrity. We seek to add employees to our team who possess these values.
- Under direction of Director of Growing, finish crops on time, at the correct quantities and per internal harvest specifications. Monitor and report variances as required
- Ensure that production protocols and established best practices are being followed
- Ensure that goals are set and that a feedback loop is established. Keep staff challenged through regular interaction, recognition of positive performance and exposure to different crops/areas as appropriate
- Hold direct reports accountable for expected results and to react accordingly when results aren't being met (e.g. via coaching, PIPs and progressive discipline)
- Maintain detailed notes related to crops produced
- Drive change through the continuous improvement process and constantly assess what's working well and what's not, making changes as needed
- Report concerns related to plant health, subordinate behavior or employee safety and act as a model for subordinates (i.e. walk the talk)
- Possess soft skills, including the ability to communicate thoughtfully and with respect toward others. A positive, flexible attitude and a common-sense approach are essential.
- Ensure that areas are free from weeds and debris, both inside and out.
- Be a strong advocate for employee safety
- Ability to lead a team of Growers
- A thorough understanding of plant physiology, soil chemistry, chemicals/fertilizers and the external factors that influence plant growth and development.
- Advanced understanding of Priva environmental control software
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Undergraduate degree in Horticulture, Plant Health, or a closely related field
- Growing Experience 5-7+ years
- A flexible work schedule to include some weekends
- Willingness to live and work from north central Ohio area
This position includes an excellent benefits package: Health, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life, paid vacation, paid holidays, and 401K with match. Green Circle Growers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Offering great career opportunities for professionals in a wide range of sectors from business to horticulture, Green Circle Growers takes pride in providing an energetic work environment for all employees to succeed and grow in their career aspirations. With a variety of career opportunities available, we encourage our employees to express their individual personalities, talents and positive attitudes.
Green Circle Growers provides plants to area stores such as Home Depot, Heinens, Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, and Giant Eagle. We also produce and distribute the Just Add Ice® brand of orchids and are one of the few northern growing orchid producers in the country.
Green Circle Growers is an equal opportunity employer. For more information about Green Circle Growers and the Just add ice program visit:
Grower Relations/Agribusiness Manager
Located in Modesto, California, G3 Enterprises is owned by the third generation of the Gallo family with the vision of expanding services and increasing productivity to better serve the wine and spirits industry. With more than four decades of experience, we deliver results by building partnerships with our customers and suppliers.
Why We’re Here
Our mission is to provide creative, integrated solutions for our beverage and ag industry partners with quality packaging products and supply chain services. Our Values: Teamwork, Agility, Value Creation, Trustworthiness, and Customer Focus.
What you’ll do
The Grower Relations/Ag Manager will be responsible for the organization's Agricultural Transportation business which involves the truck movement of 25% of California’s grapes and grape byproducts. This role will manage the effective utilization of 1,300 trailers and four dispatch locations that operate 24x7 during the four month season. Responsible for grower, customer, winery, and carrier relationships to ensure that customer service is maintained at a high level. Responsible for creating and executing capital and operating financial plans as well as for growing the business.
Establishes relationships with customers; works with customers to understand their needs and interfaces with Logistics team to develop, implement and track customer solutions.
Responsible for implementing process improvement projects in the off season.
Manages high volume operations dispatch teams and shuttle yards 24x7.
Analyzes the transportation function in order to achieve maximum efficiency and quality service.
Manages all aspects of customer service including but not limited to, escalated calls, schedule reminder calls, and post service survey calls.
Negotiates rates paid to the carrier and rates paid by the customer by utilizing industry knowledge of carriers, rates, and desirable lanes.
Manages both customer and carrier needs to meet on-time expectations.
Maintains records of performance and metrics.
Responsible for capital spending plans and organizational policies.
Directs and coordinates formulation of financial programs to provide funding for new or continuing operations to maximize returns on investments and to increase productivity.
Works across functional boundaries as a team player to meet internal and external customer requirements.
Ensures employee conformance to established best practices and proper training of staff.Who we are looking for
Required to work an off-shift (swing or graveyard), when necessary.
Transportation management systems software experience.
Experience developing and managing relationships.
Experience performing under heavy demands maintaining exceptional quality.
Valid driver’s license and clean DMV record.
The key to the success of G3 is our people. G3 believes everyone can make an impact every day. When we hire people, we look for people who want to make a difference. That’s how we define leadership: taking personal ownership and working together for a better outcome.
Our Values: Teamwork, Agility, Value Creation, Trustworthiness, and Customer Focus.
This position requires a motivated and organized college graduate as Growing Statistician to be responsible to analyze data and apply mathematical and statistical techniques to help improve the processes of mushroom production. The successful candidate will be responsible to improve processes in order to increase efficiency, reduce cost, improve outcomes in order to maximize profitability.
- Excellent technical skills
- Knowledge or willing to learn Statistical Analysis Software
- Familiarity with health and safety regulations
- Analytical thinker with interpersonal skills
- Chemistry and/or mathematics background
- Proficiency in Microsoft based office applications, such as Microsoft Excel for statistics and Word
- Good communications and writing skills for analytical documents
- Knowledge of GAP's
Certifications / Licenses / Registrations:
Pennsylvania Certified Private Pesticide License
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Assess processes, take measurements and collect data
Develop mathematical or statistical models to analyze data
Interpret data and report conclusions drawn from their analyses
Use data analysis to support and improve process decisions
Ability to drive initiatives
Ensure high bio-efficiency of process
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!