Cullet Crusher And Washer Job Description Sample
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (List the primary duties and responsibilities that are a critical part of this job. For each major responsibility, indicate the estimated percentage of time spent.)
Cellar/Harvest Duties: (70%)
Receive and weigh grapes
Transport bins of grapes using fork-lift
Sterilize tanks, pumps, hoses, and crush equipment
Perform pump-overs and punch-downs as directed.
Make additions, sample tanks for QC
Empty tanks of pomace
Barrels: inventory, transport, wash, fill, empty, top monthly, identify, record location
Inspect, measure partial tanks, gas headspace.
S02 additions to wine in barrel
Safety Procedures: Confined space, tank entry, harness safety, respiratory, slip and fall
Measure, weigh, additions and cleaning supplies.
Cleans floors with pressure washer
Lifting of heavy objects, empty barrels and cellar supplies, hoses, buckets of wine
Place empty bottles onto bottling line, inspect labels and foils, supply bottling truck with bottling supplies.
Lift 36 pounds (one case of full bottles) from line to pallet.
Bend at the waist, twisting of the waist.
Squatting and lifting a case of wine, carrying 40 pounds ten feet and place on pallet.
Outdoor environment with noise protection, eye protection required.
Equipment Operations: (20%)
Operating of equipment on property to include:
Pumps and hoses
Barrel filling machine
Small bottling line, hand bottling equipment
Education/Experience: High school education or equivalent; or up to five years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- The drive to achieve personal advancement
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Communication, Oral and Written
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken and written word.
- Ability to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea.
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Honesty / Integrity
- Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Safety Awareness and Accountability
- Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety, be responsible for personal safety and safety of others, adhere to company policies and procedures.
N (Not Applicable)
- Activity is not applicable to this occupation
- Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5+hrs/day)
- Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5+ hrs/day)
- Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Stand – O, Walk – O, Sit – O, Handling/Fingering – O, Reaching Outward – O, Reaching Above Shoulder – O, Climb – N, Crawl – N, Squat or Kneel –O, Bend – O, Working at the computer
10 lbs or Less, F
11 – 20 lbs, F
21 – 50 lbs, F
51 – 100 lbs, O
Over 100 lbs, N
12 lbs or Less, F
13-25 lbs, F
26-40 lbs, F
41-100 lbs, O
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance)
Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/tractor sounds)
Sense of Touch
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Steel toe boots, safety glasses)
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is frequently loud. Employee works around dangerous, automatic machinery.
Must be certified to drive/operate a forklift; in house training and certification will be completed as necessary to comply with Cal-OSHA regulations.
Valid U.S. Driver's License and clean DMV record required (if applicable)
English and Spanish skills preferred (Bilingual)
Wine knowledge preferred
Must be able to lift and carry heavy objects of 40 pounds (1 case of wine)
Respect all safety policies and procedures, insure correct operating status of safety equipment
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!