Cupola Tapper Job Description Sample
CNC Machine Center Lead
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in machining.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinates assembly production in accordance with policies, principles and procedures established by DMP.
- Schedules, coordinates and expedites the flow of materials into and through the machining areas.
- Reviews production schedules and related information, confers with other Lead/Supervisors to determine progress of work, material requirements, production methods, and to resolve problems affecting production schedules.
- Revises schedules according to work order specifications, establishes priorities, availability or capability of workers, parts, material, machines and equipment.
- Provides continuous training and coaching to employees.
- Responsible for training personnel and maintaining Work Center Instructions and Workmanship Standards for machining areas, as well as Bar Code training and follow through.
- Performs activities of workers supervised.
- Adheres to all Company Policy & Procedures and Department Procedures.
- Notifies Lead, Supervisor, or Management of problems which affect the production / quality of parts.
- Reads blueprints to determine what type of machinery and equipment are needed for each job.
- Completes all assignments in a timely manner and meets production delivery schedules.
- Responsible for setting up the hardware machinery and equipment needed.
- Sets tapping head, and uses tapper for threading holes in sheet-metal parts.
- Checks thread pitch diameter for correctness using a thread gauge.
- Uses band-saws for precision cutting of tube stock and bar stock using programmable auto feed.
- Works with drill press for drilling, tapping, counter sinking and reaming holes into sheet-metal pieces.
- Responsible for precision milling and drilling on vertical mills, using 2 axis digital readout system
- Uses protractors and squares in the reading angles.
- Read Travelers and understand how to route parts to next operation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 1-3 years CNC Machine Programming, Setup and Run experience preferred
- Ability to interpret and understand English and Metric systems of mathematics used in shop math.
- Sufficient manual dexterity is required to perform repetitive motions needed when using hand files.
- Able to work in a shop environment with a medium level noise and metal dust particles.
- Ability to work day/swing/night/ weekend shift as required.
- Can safely lift 35 pounds and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Able to stand/walk in relatively confined areas (100 sq. ft.) for up to 8 hours.
Competitive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401k with match, Paid Time Off and much more!
Electrical Maintenace Technician
Electrical Maintenance Technician
Installs, repairs, rebuilds, troubleshoots, diagnose, tests, programs, connects and performs other electrical and occasional mechanical work for the facility.
- Use electrical measurement equipment and tools of the trade effectively.
- Installs and repairs electrical wiring, controls, switches, etc.
- Installs and repairs electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment, following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications, using hand tools, power tools, and electrical and electronic test equipment.
- Installs power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment, such as robots, conveyors, and programmable controllers, following electrical code and blueprints, using hand tools and voltage tester.
- Connects power supply wires to machines and equipment, and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment, following manuals, schematic diagrams, and blueprints, using hand tools and test equipment.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus, such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures, using test equipment and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables, using hand tools.
- Tests malfunctioning machinery using test equipment and discusses malfunction with other workers, such as machine operator, maintenance technicians and department Manager to diagnose malfunction.
- Replaces faulty electrical components of the machine, such as relays, switches, and motors, and positions sensing devices, using hand tools.
- Diagnoses, and replaces faulty electronic components, such as printed circuit boards, using electronic test equipment and hand tools.
- Replaces electric motors and rewires motors.
- May push buttons and press keys on robot controller, teach pendant, and programmable controller to program automated machinery, such as robots, to operate automated machinery, to test for malfunctions, and to verify repairs.
- May plan layout of wiring and install wiring, conduit, and electrical apparatus in buildings.
- May diagnose and replace faulty mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components of machines and equipment.
- Must work safely and in accordance with all rules and regulations of the plant, company, and OSHA.
- Authorized and trained to handle hazardous waste. Assist with the waste stream management of the cupola baghouse dust, slag and quench tank discharge, including but not limited to sampling, container inspections, and performance of Hazardous Waste Contingency Plan.
- Electrical measuring instruments
- Transformers, storage masteries, etc.
- Electrical wiring
- Install electrical equipment: D.C. motors and generators, A.C. motors, generators and rectifiers, solenoids.
- Construction and installation of conduit and pipe, machines and equipment, light and power distribution.
- General building maintenance: Substations (Secondary circuits), light and power circuits elevators, cranes, hoists, etc.
- General machine and equipment maintenance: Control systems, venting, induction heating, machine tools, welding equipment, electrical equipment.
- Electronic equipment and controls: Construction and installation, troubleshooting and repair.
- This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not necessarily comprise all of the "essential functions" for purposes of the ADA
Expected Areas of Competence (i.e. KSAs)
- Decision Making- Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Resilient- Ability to recover from, or adjust to, misfortune or setbacks.
- Safety Awareness- Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Judgment- The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Honesty / Integrity- Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Time Management- Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Leadership- Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Creative- Ability to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea.
- Working Under Pressure- Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- Communication, Written- Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely in English.
- Accountability- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Two-year technical degree in Electrical, or related field highly desirable. High school diploma plus four (4) years industrial maintenance experience preferred.
- Hazardous Waste Contingency Plan experience- preferred
- Hazardous Waste Operations/Handling Procedures- preferred
- Trained within 6 months of job assignment with annual refresher training for the Contingency Plan
- Ability to read, interpret, understand directions and other communication spoken or written in the English language
- Employee must be a self-starter and work with limited supervision
- Able to make logical decisions and know where to go to and when to ask for assistance.
- Finger, hand, eye, feet coordination.
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office software and Allen Bradley programming skills
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!