Cuprous Chloride Operator Job Description Sample
Operations Specialist, Mag Chloride
- This MgCl2Operations Specialist will be responsible for Process Engineering for the Salt Business Unit as well as leading Plant operations for the MgCl2Operational Processes and Site Boiler Operations. This position will be the Technical Expert for the Ogden Salt Business Unit. This position provides front-line leadership and process engineering support for the MgCl2manufacturing plant as well as the boiler and utility operations. General duties include safe operations and oversight of quality in the MgCl2and boiler plants, development and implementation of plant operator training, the maintenance of daily statistics including Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), assisting the Ops Manager in leadership development, introduction of and/or adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Management of Change (MOC), and plant oversight duties related to general supervisory functions. Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude but are not limited to the following: /(Management reserves the right to add or modify the duties and responsibilities at any time.)/ Technical
Calculates heat and mass balances of plant processes.
Works in conjunction with operations and engineering to maintain the MOC process.
Performs fluid mechanics calculations to size new pumps and piping and to evaluate existing systems for problem solving and optimization.
Conducts plant and lab tests to measure the impact of process changes on plant performance. Assess analysis and makes recommendations accordingly.
Troubleshoots chemistry and material handling problems, and identifies solutions.
Identifies opportunities to improve plant efficiencies and prepares Capital Acquisition Requests (CAR’s) with the appropriate supportive documentation
Regularly monitors plant operations to assure safety, environmental compliance, quality and cost controls meet expectations.
- Supports KPI development, measurements, communication, and continuous improvement utilizing Compass Continuous Improvement Process tools Leadership
Serves as the MgCl2and Boiler Plant Safety resource ensuring continuity in meeting ongoing EHS&S objectives.
Provide leadership and support for operational improvement projects, including the development of a technical improvement plan.
Supports development of training programs and the training of plant operators.
Modifies, develops and implements SOP’s with support from Site training resources.
Maintains daily KPI’s, operating instructions and other efficiency stats for plant operations.
Determines and maintains proper staffing levels. Insures adequate training, evaluation and retention of employees are provided.
Evaluates production capacity deficits and recommends and/or leads efforts to close those gaps.
Implements necessary policies and procedures to safely meet or exceed daily and monthly SOIP objectives.
Responsible for continuously improving MgCl2and Boiler Plant performance in safety, environmental compliance, yield, capacity, uptime, and quality.
Leads the organization forward in achieving the operations budget, and assists Ops Manager in setting that budget. *Deliverables
Lead a team of operators in High Performance characteristics.
Assurance of Safe plant operations and environmental compliance.
Develop and report on critical control parameters including MgCl2 plant throughput and Salt plant inputs and outputs. * KPI’s and other critical operating information/statistics meet established deadlines.
Plant operators are trained and tested for comprehension in advance of assignment into an operating area.
Assures that material and energy balance reporting is developed and reported as required.
Operating procedures are well understood and deployed with consistency across shifts.
- Achievement of Plant Operations Budget. *
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to carry out each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Must be career Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education and Experience: * Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, or Chemical) preferred, other degrees will be considered with relevant experience.
Demonstrated problem solving success in an industrial environment.
Five plus years of supervisory/leadership experience in a heavy industrial setting.
Five plus years of technical experience in a heavy industrial setting.
Experience in Lean manufacturing, SPC and/or Six Sigma preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in an industrial setting. *Computer
*To perform this job successfully, an individual should be PC proficient and possess the ability to quickly master skills required to function with expertise in mainframe functions. Must be proficient in WindowsXP, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc... Competency: /To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:/ Leadership/Interpersonal Skills -Managesthrough ambiguity to inspire confidence across and through organization. Leads by example,*provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates through effective collaboration, builds commitment and overcomes resistance and effectively influences actions and opinions of others, gives appropriate recognition to others, inspires and motivates others to perform well, Employs communications that maintain constructive relationships, respect, dignity and creates a culture of high employee engagement and performance. Written Communication- Concise, complete and well organized written communications are essential
- Planning/Organizing*-Must have the ability to independently and effectively plan, organize, and coordinate and follow-up on assignments. Professionalism- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Follows through on commitments. Quality- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality. Language
/The abilities listed are representative of the level of competency the incumbent needs in order to effectively perform the essential duties. These specific abilities may or may not be required for this particular position./ Ability to read, analyze and interpret job related information, Ability to write technical reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Mathematical and Reasoning Ability and
The ability to perform math functions pertaining to maintaining operating data, SPC, and basic engineering analysis. Must be able to proof own work for accuracy. Has the ability to collect, accurately assemble, and present data in a logical manner. Essential Job Functions: /The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions./ While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is required to frequently stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. /Compass Minerals is an equal opportunity employer that hires and promotes the best candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, or veteran status./
Title:Operations Specialist, Mag Chloride
Savvy Staffing is seeking a 2nd shift Henschel Operator
Position: Henschel Operator
§ Full Time Position.
Perform various operations to combine ingredients according to an established formula and operate mixing machine to obtain proper polyvinyl chloride powder and other chemical supplies to blend dry formulas for use in plastic coating wire mesh.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
§ Work from written formulas, and/or verbal instructions to measure and blend all ingredients in designated quantities into mixing machine to obtain material which meets appearance and quality standards.
§ Work on elevated platform to obtain raw material, pour into mixer and start machine.
§ Arrange and stack bags of ingredients on platform beside machine for easy access.
§ Check all temperatures, settings and controls to ensure compliance with formula.
§ Visually inspect finished powder, noting should have unusual appearance.
§ Remove filled Gaylord and transport it to coating line.
§ Replace with empty Gaylord to catch finished product at mixer.
§ Use forklift to transport Gaylords and raw materials.
§ Maintain necessary records.
§ Move materials as necessary in the performance of duties or as directed.
§ Detect and report improper operation of faulty equipment and unusual conditions to the supervisor.
§ Maintain work area and equipment in clean, safe, and orderly condition. Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations along with maintaining quality standards.
§ Ability to communicate with others.
§ Have a mechanical aptitude.
§ Must be able to read and use micrometer and measuring tape.
§ Must be able to use various hand and power tools.
§ On feet for most of shift.
§ Lifting up to approximately 50 lbs.
§ Pushing, pulling, turning, twisting, and bending.
§ Repetitive hand motion.
§ Repetitive squatting and kneeling.
§ Climbing stairs.
45 Linden St
Worcester, MA 01609
Reports to: Operations Manager
Location: Midlothian, TX
By joining our team, you will have the chance to be part of a vibrant and growing company. We offer an exciting work atmosphere and opportunities for professional development. At Chemtrade, we take pride in rewarding our employees for their commitment, performance and hard work by offering a variety of programs and services. We offer a comprehensive and very competitive health and wellness program, including medical, dental, paid vacation and a fitness activity subsidy. Our unique culture enables employees to thrive in a supportive and engaging workplace. Employee engagement is not just something we talk about at Chemtrade, but fulfilled through exciting programs like Employee Recognition and Rewards (CHEers!), and Chemtrade University.
Our friendly work environment fosters positive interaction amongst employees within and throughout different departments and locations. We treat our employees with fairness and equity. We value diversity, recognize the benefits of an inclusive work environment and pride ourselves on our commitment to the Health and Safety of our employees and the communities we work in through Responsible Care®.
Chemtrade is one of the world’s largest suppliers of sulphuric acid, liquid sulphur dioxide (SO2) and sodium hydrosulphite (SHS), and a leading processor of spent sulphuric acid. Chemtrade is also a leading regional supplier of sulphur and sodium chlorate, one of only two North American producers of phosphorous pentasulphide and also produces zinc oxide and water treatment chemicals. Chemtrade obtains these products from its own production facilities and through long-term marketing services agreements and distributes them to customers around the world. In January 2014, Chemtrade acquired General Chemical, a leader in water chemicals with nearly 50 North American production facilities. Chemtrade manufactures a broad line of organic and inorganic chemicals for a wide variety of industries and applications. Our products include aluminum sulfate, aluminum chlorohydrate, and ferric sulfate for water treatment applications. We stand behind our products with solid technical support. We are one of the leading producers across every business we service.
SCOPE OF POSITION
Duties include but are not limited to packaging, blending and quality inspection at the Midlothian Site. Responsible for ensuring all related SOP's and plant rules pertaining to GMP, safety, operating procedures, and personal conduct are followed. The incumbent will help maintain an effective Food Safety and Quality System and support its ongoing improvement, and be committed to producing quality, safe and legal products that meet or exceed our customer’s specifications and comply with all applicable legislative and regulatory requirements. Shift rotation is required.
- Follow and/or maintain GFSI Global Food Safety Certification (SQF).
- Follow all GMP rules and help coach others to comply with GMP rules as necessary.
- Monitor potassium chloride as it is packaged or blended to ensure contamination is not present.
- Ensure potassium chloride is packaged and blended per SOP's.
- Stock the packaging and blending rooms with appropriate supplies as necessary for potassium chloride packaging and blending.
- Utilize a computer system as needed for department specific electronic data collection.
- Responsible for maintaining housekeeping in the packaging, blending, warehouse, and grounds areas.
- Responsible for notifying the department supervisor and/or shift foreman of any packaging issues.
- Performs all duties necessary to prepare areas for initiating the manufacturing process including screen changes on mechanical separators.
- Assists with maintenance of equipment as required.
- Participates in and completes all required training.
- Completes packaging and blending log sheets as required.
- Inspects lots as directed by the department supervisor or designee.
- Inspector follows all required GMP procedures, SOP's and safety rules.
- Duties include but are not limited to individual drum inspection, changing labels, dumping drums, placing drums on pallets, drum weighing and filling out inspection reports.
- Ensures that the chicklet (potash) supply, rework, and empty drum supply is adequate as per SOP's.
- Duties also include, but are not limited to conveying pallets of packaged materials to the appropriate storage locations, and completing the KCI Raw Material Feed Report.
- Hopper Operator follows all required GMP procedures, SOP's and safety rules.
- Must be able to complete packaging, blending, and inspection logs neatly per SOP’s
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Good communication skills in English, both written and oral.
- Must be able to read, understand, and follow operating and safety procedures.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong mathematical abilities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- May need to climb, pull self upward, kneel, stoop, crawl, crouch or balance on unstable surfaces.
- Work requires standing and/or walking for extended periods on a regular basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be fit and able to wear Respirator and Rain Gear with other safety equipment.
- Must be able to work in the outdoor elements including cold, heat and humidity.
- Safety is a job requirement
Must be able to perform under the following conditions:
- Work in awkward or confining workspaces.
- Work in elevated places.
- Work in outdoor environment.
- Work in noisy environment.
- Work in areas that are dusty and have some odor from chemicals and etc.
- Work safely at all times.
- Able to work in Adverse Weather Conditions.
Chemtrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Chemtrade is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and will, where possible, provide accommodations for persons with disabilities.
Asphalt Paver Operator / Screed Operator
The position should have extensive knowledge of paving operations, equipment, quality control measures, and standard procedures. Strong work ethic and willingness to work as a team to efficiently complete jobs to the highest customer satisfaction.
- Perform paver pre-check including all fluid levels per checklist before starting
- Work with screed operator for paver set up and set up automatic controls to ensure straight consistent joints on both sides – It's imperative to create clean lines.
- Maintain production rates and paver speed for highest quality optimizing trucking, rolling and finishing.
- Communicate any issues, concerns or problems to paving foreman throughout the shift.
- Assist paving crew with quality control corrections while mat is still hot and clean up between trucks or during breaks in paving.
- Check all manholes and water valves after paving to ensure they are turned up to proper grade and properly cleaned during that shift
- Post Shift – Clean paver and job, breakdown or stage the machine in designated locations.
- Train and cross train crew members as requested.
- Perform all paving aspects as needed
- Work as a team
- Experience preferred but not mandatory. We will train if needed
- Must be available to work on Saturday and Sundays as well as work overtime during the paving season
- Ability to be self-motivating, dependable, a team player, and perform duties with little supervision.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and more.
- Must have valid Driver's License and reliable transportation to and from work sites.
Machine Operator - Press Brake Operator
We are seeking a Machine Operator - Press Brake Operator to join our team! You will help oversee operational activities and ensure excellent quality control.
Ability to use tape measurer, calipers, micrometers for precise measurements matching print specifications.
Fabrication of piece parts as per schematic under supervision of a Lead.
Ability to read blueprints and program machining equipment to produce required parts
Ability to use metal working manipulation machinery (brake, shear, saw, punch etc.).
Familiarize self with and/or request training concerning machining equipment.
Maintain equipment in good working order and notify the Lead of malfunctions.
Perform all duties in accordance with safety program standards.
Organize department and keep department clean.
Familiarize self with and/or request training concerning new equipment.
Inspect equipment to ensure good working order and notify your Lead of malfunctions.
Notify the Lead of any unsafe conditions, practices and/or procedures observed.
Other duties as required.
This position requires shop work. When working in the shop, one must exercise caution as this environment presents many naturally-occurring and potentially worker-produced hazards. Safety policies (i.e. respiratory protection) must be adhered to at all times while visiting, touring and/or working in the shop. Appropriate personal protective equipment (i.e. safety glasses, steel-toed boots, and others) must be worn at all times where required.
It is very important that the incumbent of this position is able to work and communicate with prudence, while effectively managing time, completing tasks, and working safely.
Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time while working
Must be able to bend to reach low
Must be able to carry, lift, and transport equipment/material weighing up to 30 lbs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
3 years min of experience in Press Brake Operations
Experience with all safe practices, procedures, and overall processes associated with manufacturing from raw materials to finished product.
Compensation based on experience!
Title: Chemical Operator Location:
United States-Michigan-Ludington Other Locations: Contribute. Grow. Lead…with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge?
Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. For every product it makes, OxyChem’s market position is No. 1 or No. 2 in the U.S.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Operations Technician with our Calcium Chloride plant located in Ludington, Michigan.
Essential Job Duties: Operate product loading equipment and weigh rail cars for the site. Operate equipment such as centrifugal pumps, manual and automatic valves, elevators, and various other pieces of process equipment.
Proficient operation of the Delta V Process Control system an/or other plant control processes. Perform department and maintenance support as needed. Document, communicate shift activities through electronic log book.
Troubleshoot plant problems and arrange for maintenance work to be performed as needed. Learn, follow, and occasionally create and update applicable procedures to ensure that all jobs are completed in a safe, efficient, and environmentally responsible manner. Perform in-process lab analysis such as sieve analysis, percent calcium, bulk density, SPC plotting, etc.
Collect, label, deliver, and store samples. Evaluate raw material inventories and site logistics shipment planning and be involved in the ordering, receiving, Certificate of Analysis, and computer input of these receipts and shipments. Lock, Tag and Try (LTT) of equipment, issue Safe Work Permits (SWP), equipment isolations and preparing for line openings, Return to Operations (RTO) and issuing of other site permits.
Perform simple tasks like changing small valves, fixing hoses, change gaskets, etc.. Responsible for knowledge and use of all area and job specific safety equipment. Actively support plant and corporate HESS safety programs, objectives, and expectations. Follow the Ludington Guiding Principles.
Actively support and participate on teams or in programs to continuously improve plant operations. Must be able to work with others in a self-directed workforce environment. Teamwork is an essential competency.
Perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Must be able to lift 50 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, and stooping are required.
Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms. High School diploma or GED Associate’s Degree in a science, technology, or related discipline, or at least two years industrial work experience in a technology driven manufacturing environment.
Proficiency in math, reading comprehension, and mechanical reasoning with strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills. Ability to work a rotating shift; weekends; holidays; overtime; and respond to callouts. Ability and willingness to serve as member of Emergency Response Team.
Ability to read, write and speak in English. Proficient in Microsoft applications Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
Must possess valid driver’s license. Additional Desired Qualifications Good working knowledge of SAP Occidental is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status
Forklift / High Lift Operator / Stock Picker / Equipment Operator
High Lift Operator & Stock Picker :
Worksite Locations: New Albany and Reynoldsburg
1st shift hours:
Regular Work Schedule is 6am-2:30pm Monday through Friday.
Overtime Schedule is 5am-2:30pm daily & on Saturdays.
Overtime will be mandatory at times based on business needs.
2nd shift hours:
Regular Work Schedule is 2:30pm-11:00pm Monday through Friday.
Overtime Schedule is 3:00pm-11:30pm daily & on Saturdays.
Overtime will be mandatory at times based on business needs.
3rd shift hours:
Regular Work Schedule is 8:30pm-5:00am Sunday through Thursday.
Overtime Schedule is 7:30pm-5:00am daily & on Friday’s.
Overtime will be mandatory at times based on business needs.
Part time Schedule is 12:00am-5:00am Monday through Friday – no overtime required.
Full time long term full time and part time positions available.
High Lift Equipment Operator:
Equipment Operators lift and stack merchandise onto/off conveyor lines, semi-trailers, pallets or other storage containers and racks within the Distribution Center. Equipment Operators carry out their duties using a variety of powered industrial equipment that may include: forklifts, stand-up forklifts, order selectors, or other equipment. Operate power equipment at least 80% of working hours. Equipment Operators are also responsible for handling full cases of product, including consistent lifting of cartons and merchandise onto and off conveyor lines, pallets and other storage containers. Maintain and verify documentation and information to facilitate flow of merchandise through the Distribution Center.
Must possess the ability to:
Stock Picker:Individual contributor responsible for operating a forklift to unload cartons from semi-trailers, move carton/products throughout the distribution center and load cartons onto semi-trailers. Spends at least 80% of working hours operating power equipment. Ability to be trained to operate power equipment. High Lift Operators safely operate stand-up forklift equipment, stocking and retrieving cases of product from high bay storage areas. These positions require continuous lifting of packages weighing 50 pounds. High Lift Operators are required to wear fall protection equipment and perform job duties at heights of 30-feet or greater. Associates are required to meet accuracy and production standards. Training is provided. High Lift Operators may also lift and stack merchandise onto/off conveyor lines, semi-trailers, pallets or other storage containers and racks with the Distribution Center.
High School or GED education preferred or equivalent; 1 to 2 years experience using power equipment including reach equipment experience; Valid Driver’s license with good driving record; DMV check.Long term position (up to 2 years) with opportunity for hire
Concrete Pump Operator / Machine Operator
• Recommend measures to improve productivity/quality
• Requisition materials and supplies
• Resolve work problems
• Set up, loads and unloads machines and equipment
• Train staff in safety consciousness, and policies
• Maintains tools and equipment associated with concrete pumps mounted on trucks, platforms, or separate placing booms
• Experience as a construction worker an asset
• Good communication skills
• Great leadership ability
• Solves problems effectively
• Well organized
$16 - $20 /HR
Since 1975, Central Broward Construction is a full service commercial masonry contractor. CBC works in Dade, Broward, and West Palm Beach counties. CBC owns and operates all of our equipment. We are in need of a dedicated mechanic to keep all equipment SAFE and Fully Functional.
Water Treatment Operator / Assistant Chief Operator
The Town of Rowley is seeking a full-time Water Treatment Operator / Assistant Chief Operator to work for the Rowley Water Department.
This position is responsible for technical and supervisory work in the operation and maintenance of the Town’s water treatment plant, groundwater pump stations, and water storage tanks. Works under the general supervision of the Chief Water Plant Operator and the Water Superintendent.
Minimum qualifications include High School graduate. Bachelor’s degree with courses in biology, chemistry or environmental science is preferred. Three to five years relevant experience, one of which must in a supervisory capacity. Possession of a Mass. Treatment 2 license and Distribution 2 Water Treatment Plant Operator’s license from the Mass. Board of Licensure or the ability to obtain one within six months of hire. Possession of a valid Mass. vehicle operator’s license or an equivalent license issued by the employee’s state of residence. Valid Class C Commercial Driver’s license is required. Completion of OSHA-10. Starting rate $26.37 with six-month adjustment. The position is in the AFSCME Union - Grade 10. Applications resume, and a copy of Driving Record to: Personnel Department, Town of Rowley, PO Box 275, Rowley, MA 01969. Position open until filled. EOE
Visit our careers page to Apply!
Mission Statement: To provide adequate water quantity and quality at a reasonable cost that meets or exceeds state and federal drinking water standards, and also to provide sufficient water for fire protection, and maintain adequate pressures throughout the distribution system and administer first-rate customer service to the Town of Rowley.
Cherry Picker Operator / Forklift Operator - 3891566
Have a high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
Able to operate a Cherry Picker forklift
Work overtime as required
Able to lift at least 50 pounds
Background check and drug screen are required
Direct Deposit or Pay Card options
Health, Dental, Short-Term Disability, and Term-Life insurance available immediately
IMMEDIATE INTERVIEWS ACCEPTED
Apply in person Monday - Friday between the hours of 8: 00 AM to 3: 00 PM. Please bring a current resume (if you have one) and proper identification to complete the I-9 / E-Verify process.
Our office is located at:
Automation Personnel Services
5939 South Blvd.
Charlotte, NC 28217
Equal Opportunity Employer
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!