Curtain Roller Assembler Job Description Sample
Roller Fabricator – Assembler
AUTOMATED CONVEYOR SYSTEMS, INC. has been a leading provider of turnkey material handling systems and facility upgrades for over 40 years. Specializing in the corrugated, folding carton and the bottle and can industries, ACS has built a solid reputation on a foundation of service, craftsmanship, and innovative technology. ACS recruits and hires locally as often as possible and, whenever possible, supports the local economy when buying services, materials and supplies.
ACS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
ACS, located in Lynchburg, VA, has an opening for a Roller Fabricator – Assemblerto fabricate and assemble standardized mechanical unites, i.e. rollers having close tolerances and operating requirements.
Roller Fabricator - Assembler essential functions are as follows:
- Fabricates and assembles a wide variety of standard and special rollers.
- Must be able to identify various tube gauges and bearing type.
- Sets up and operate a wide variety of shop equipment and machinery including a bearing press, boring machine, cut-off saw, tub cutter, tube straighten, pincher, and grinder.
- Must utilize basic shop math including fractions and be able to read a tape measure.
- Performs minor maintenance as required.
- Performs quarterly inventory as required.
- Crates and bands rollers for shipping and storage.
- Loads and unloads trucks as required.
- Operates fork truck and crane/hoist to move and relocate material and product.
- Notifies supervisor or coordinator of any unusual conditions of material and shop equipment and shortages.
- Meets acceptable time/work standards.
- Keeps immediate work area clean and orderly.
- Works in accordance with established safety policies.
In order to qualify for this position, you will have:
- High school degree or equivalent
- Position typically expects three (3) to five (5) years of direct/relevant experience based on scope of the position
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics
- Ability to read a tape measure to 1/16th of an inch
- Willing and able to work overtime as required
- Possess problem solving capabilities
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multitask
- Maintain composure in a fast-paced, stressful environment
- Mission focused with a sense of urgency when required
- Must have a positive attitude and foster a continuous improvement environment
- Ability to work well with others
Qualified candidates, please submit your cover letter and resume for immediate consideration. We will review your qualifications and contact you if we feel you are a match for this role. If you're not a match, we will build a profile on your behalf in hopes of contacting you in the near future with opportunities that more closely match your skill set, education and experience.
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life & disability insurance, matching 401(k), FSA, and education tuition assistance.
Lynchburg, VA is an up and coming city that offers plenty of outdoors activities, from sports leagues to hiking, hunting/fishing and camping. Its location is perfect for easy access to Washington, DC, Philadelphia, PA and NYC. A great place to raise a family, Lynchburg offers great dining, the arts, professional organizations and places of historical significance. Please visit http://www.discoverlynchburg.org/ for more information.
Project Manager - Louisville, KY - Curtain Wall, High Rise
Project Manager - Louisville, KY - Curtain Wall, High Rise:
My client, formed in 1936, has established itself as a leading industry specialist in building envelope restoration and construction. They specialize in Curtainwall Systems, Historical Window Replacement, Security Windows, New Construction, Blast and Impact Windows, Acoustical Windows and Doors, FAA Sound Mitigation Noise Reduction Programs and the Quieter Home Program.
They have their own drafting, engineering, fabrication, estimating, project administration and finance department, allowing the Project Manager to focus solely on their areas. You must know how to put together a Curtain Wall project, ideally Unitized Curtain Walls. Projects focus on high rise tower buildings, as high as 30 stories, ranging from $1-10mm. All new construction, ground ups.
Base salary: $70-120k per year. Relo assistance available, where needed.
Full, excellent benefits.
if interested, please send an up to date resume.
Senior Project Manager - Curtain Wall
Position Description: Responsible for pre-construction, engineering, and field installation of all systems within the specified trade(s) for a project or projects. Coordinate with project field operations to ensure transfer of information is delivered, understood and implemented in the required time frames, within budget, and to the quality specified by the contract documents. Direct supervisor of entry- and mid-level staff.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Function as subject matter expert for the specified trade or trades.
- Develop a comprehensive working knowledge and understanding of the contract documents (including Plaza’s contract, plans, specifications and applicable codes).
- Ensure strict adherence to safety, ethics and compliance requirements at all times.
- Lead, develop, and manage Assistant Project Managers and Trade Project Managers, including completion of performance evaluations.
- Develop relationships and act as liaison with engineers, design consultants, subcontractors, suppliers, inspectors, and owner’s representatives, and establish and maintain procedures for information flow, approvals, meetings, reporting, applications for payment, etc.
- Work with pre-construction, estimating and purchasing in development of contract price/budget and Guaranteed Maximum Price. Lead the pre-construction effort as it relates to Trade Project Management and the specific project needs.
- Conduct thorough construction document reviews and examine all documents for constructability and QA/QC. Bring all concerns to the attention of the appropriate design professional for resolution.
- Participate in preparation of various studies, recommendations for materials and methods, and cost estimates.
- Manage submittals and shop drawings. Resolve any conflicts in interpretation, and fully coordinate drawings amongst all trades.
- Prepare a detailed contract items list including all significant items required for the construction of the project. Develop trade scope of work documents for bid packages, major material and equipment purchases.
- Prepare a procurement schedule for subcontractors, major material and equipment purchases to ensure timely buy-outs and overall compliance with the construction schedule is maintained.
- Responsible for preparation of project status executive summaries and the accuracy of financial reports.
- In conjunction with the Project Manager, schedule, conduct, and document all job meetings, owner-architect and coordination meetings.
- Manage information on changes in the work; prepare an independent analysis, as required; obtain and check estimates for the changes from subcontractor; obtain approval of the architect and owner; and resolve any conflicts. Prepare subcontract change orders.
- Manage project close-out, including securing warranties, guarantees, and acceptance of work, subcontract and vendor close, final payment and records retention.
- Manage progress schedule and updates.
- Prepare requisitions with all back-up.
- Visit job site(s) as required, to troubleshoot issues and suggest resolutions to problems.
- Perform QA/QC inspections on job sites.
- Support and perform business development activities, including researching and determining qualified target areas, projects, and clients, and establishing and maintaining an external presence in the marketplace.
- Work with senior managers to develop project teams for specific proposals.
- Supervise the development of proposals, presentations and brochure materials. Train and assist project team in making effective presentations.
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, manage project teams, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 15 years’ experience with progressively more responsible exposure to design, cost, sequence, logistics and field installations of relevant systems or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Able to identify design features that command cost premiums and recommend alternatives that deliver comparable or improved function.
- Demonstrated ability to present technical material. LEED accreditation preferred. Very strong oral & written communication skills required. Strong computer skills and a familiarity with Microsoft Office suite of programs. Knowledge of Plaza’s CMiC system desirable.
- Ability to implement leading-edge technologies such as BIM and LEAN to benefit the project.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
As a member of our highly collaborative team, we provide you with a flexible benefits package that reflects our respect to your workplace contributions, professional goals, and personal priorities. The benefits program includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401(K) retirement planning with employer matching
- Individual and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Training & Professional Development
- A Generous Personal Time Off Program including sick and personal days
- Transit/parking program
- Much More!
Plaza Construction, LLC Building Value with Vision
PLAZA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Our innovation and creativity allow us to translate a client's concept into reality while keeping a solid focus on the bottom line. Plaza's portfolio reflects the leadership, energy, motivation, and hands -on approach incorporated into every project that we build. We strive to deliver excellence and value to our clients, while maintaining a leadership position in the industry.
Plaza continues to play a relevant role in the building of corporate headquarters, commercial properties, heathcare centers, universities, infrastructure, transportation facilities, museums, retail spaces, hospitality, and residential buildings. We remain at the forefront of building the most exciting, highly desirable and notable luxury residential condos, hotels, restaurants and retail spaces in the country.
Local Class A CDL Flatbed / Curtain Side Driver - Immediate Start
Local CDL A Flatbed / Curtain Side Driver needed for local delivery in the Dallas / Fort Worth Area. The driver will be hauling wood products to commercial accounts and some retailers.
Hourly pay and overtime available.
- CDL driver will be making local deliveries to large retailers
- Cargo securement
- Strapping/chaining loads
- Class A CDL License
- Good Communication Skills with Dispatcher
- Efficiently ensure loads are delivered in a timely manner
- Minimum 2 years recent tractor trailer
- 1-year Flatbed
- 25 years of age
- Ability to pass a Drug Screen
- No DUI/DWI in the last 10 years
Why Choose us?
- Competitive Compensation: Hourly
- Weekly Pay with Direct Deposit
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Vacation
Apply here or call us at 817-649-0303
We are looking for an enthusiastic member to join our team, to undertake the role of curtain fitter/surveyor.
Basic job roles are outlined as follows:
- Availability to travel and stay away from home (paid by the company).
- A requirement to attend hospitals/healthcare sites and survey for curtain requirements for existing tracks that will be in-situ.
- Flexible working hours.
- Clear Criminal Background Check.
- Previous practical working experience essential.
- Physical ability to perform manual measuring and fitting of curtains throughout an 8-hour period.
- Ability to use initiative to overcome certain problematic installations.
- Ability to work within a team environment to complete surveys/tasks.
The company will provide all necessary credentialing/training required to gain access to hospitals.
If you think you are a good fit for the role, then get in contact!
We look forward to hearing from you.
Roller Assembly / Fabrication - 2Nd Shift
ROLLER FAB / ASSEMBLY OPPORTUNITIES – 2nd SHIFT
We have an immediate opportunities available in Sandusky, OH for Roller Assembly and Fabrication operations on our second shift team (3:15 pm-11:45 pm). These positions either are involved in the cutting of steel parts to for rollers, the formation of parts to make a roller, or putting together or installing rollers in to streel frames.
Able to read calibration equipment.
Able to read tape measure within 1/16 inch as well as metric version measures and can perform appropriate conversions to either standard or metric measure format.
Able to operate small manufacturing equipment (saws, drills, cutting equipment.
Perform quality checks as established.
Interact with all levels of management including engineering with respect to problem-solving.
Perform other plant operations-related duties as assigned.
The candidate must have a High School Diploma/GED. A minimum of one year recent work experience in the manufacturing environment required, with steel fabrication environment experience a plus. A proven record of excellent attendance and reliability. A high level of hand to eye coordination and understanding mechanical drawings is key. The successful candidate will have strong communication, problem-solving/troubleshooting, and mathematic skills; as well as a high level of attention to detail, quality, and safety.
Class A Curtain Van Driver
Drivers will be delivering boxed and palletized sheetrock, laminating materials and hardware to local locations throughout the Greater Puget sound area.
Full Time, Local work
Monday–Friday work schedule
Strapping is required
Minimal freight handling
Pre and Post trip inspections
- Late model day cabs pulling 27” to 48” curtain van trailers We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Experience
- Load securement
+ 2 year previous flatbed experience preferred – Will train the right candidate
Forklift experience is a plus Benefits:
Benefits available upon hire
Long term to hire position
Senior Project Manager - Unitized Curtain Wall
Senior Project Manager
Unitized Curtain Wall Senior Project Manager
Unitized Curtain Wall
Project Management, Commercial Construction, Construction If you are a Senior Project Manager with unitized curtain wall experience, please read on! Just outside of NYC, you will find our family owned business with over 70 years in the metal and glass industry. We are the largest metal and glass company in the New York metropolitan area in addition to being the largest supplier of structural glass systems in the country. On tap, is a full time engineering and estimating team to provide engineered solutions and services. Having installed the most complex glass and metal panel systems, we have truly made a home for ourselves. If you have an extensive background in project management, specifically in unitized curtain wall, stick-built, glazing and metal panelsapply today! Were looking to bring in a Senior Project Manager that can hit the ground running with little to no supervision. -----Offering relocation for the right candidate-----
What You Will Be Doing
Manage commercial construction jobs from start to finish
Interface with project superintendents, subcontractors, suppliers and react to a constantly changing environment
Plan and schedule to ensure project is on time and will meet all dead lines
Conduct safety meetings and briefings
Abide by job specifications and inspect quality of work
What You Need for this Position - 10+ years of project management experience
Degree in construction, engineering, architecture of related field
Expertise in curtain wall installation and fenestration
Willing to travel into the city for job sites and meetings What's In It for You - Bonus!
Vacation & PTO - 401k
Fantastic culture -----Offering relocation for the right candidate----- So, if you are a Senior Project Manager
Construction! with experience, please apply today! Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
*Senior Project Manager
- Unitized Curtain Wall* NY-NanuetKC7-1418422
Asphalt Roller Operator
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Tube roller with heat exchange experience
- Load and unload equipment and materials
- Provide innovative solutions to improve plant efficiency
- Conduct routine preventive maintenance on the plant
- Log and record readings for equipment and procedures
- Previous experience in plant operations or other related fields
- 6 months manufacturing experience
- Familiarity with plant tools and equipment
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!