Cushion Builder Job Description Sample
You will be part of a team that is dedicated to providing reupholstery service for commercial and domestic furniture including dining room, kitchen and office chairs. Experience with larger furniture a plus.
This is an outstanding opportunity to become a high-visibility player within a very employee-oriented, dynamic, and growing organization. You will have an opportunity to make a significant impact!
Our Cushion Upholsterers are finalizing the most visible part of our seats. The upholstery work provides the first and most lasting impression of our product to our customer. In this role, you will work collaboratively with our team to reupholster chairs, booths and stools to provide the best visual outcome for our customers.
Responsible for the construction of all upholstered products assigned with the correct fabric specified by the customer and the inspection of SKUs that go through upholstery to ensure the highest customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and
- Perform a variety of upholstery operations.
- Assembly of product with correct fabric specified by customer.
- Evaluate all damaged material prior to project.
- Complete inspection of finished chair to ensure a quality product prior to delivery.
- Marking of chair boxes with invoice number to ensure accuracy to the customer.
- Ability to operate power mobile material handling equipment.
- Properly Velcro, glue, and other upholstery components.
- Material movement from other departments.
- Suggest process method improvements.
- Attention to continually changing model styles and colors is required.
- Attention to detail and quality is a must.
- Prior upholstery experience preferred, but we will train someone who is motivated to learn.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with ability to read, speak, and understand English.
- Mechanical aptitude and strong manual dexterity.
- Hardware recognition skills.
- Part number identification skills
- Ability to use air, power and manual hand tools.
- Ability to follow instruction and work well in a team environment.
- Displays a high degree of integrity, honesty and takes responsibility for one’s own actions; shows consistency between words and actions
- Ability to stand for 8 or more hours per day.
Education, Experience and
High school diploma
- Years of experience: Some experience working with upholstery in a warehouse or factory setting
- Computer proficiency a plus
- Dedicated to business and willing to adjust schedule and hours as needed
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Performing tasks in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- Repetitive movements.
- No physical limitations that limit the ability to carry and move furniture weighing up to 130 pounds.
- Consistent regular scheduled attendance is considered an essential function of this job.
Shift: Day Job (1st)
This is an entry-level position starting at $10/hour. You must be able to perform the above duties with minimal supervision. This is small-to-medium parts assembly in a fast-paced environment. Qualified candidates should submit a resume or apply in person.
One week paid vacation is available after one year of employment. Opportunities for growth will be available for exemplary performance.
Apply Now: Please include the following information: 1) when you can start (if chosen), 2) written
examples of your ability to multitask in a fast paced environment, 3) what city you live in, 4) and if you
Please send us your RESUME to the email link above and include professional references.
Please DO NOT RESPOND to this ad if you are not ready to go to work.
● Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
● do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
Humanscale is the premier designer and manufacturer of ergonomic products that improve health and comfort at work. Our award-winning office products –seating, sit/stand desks, technology support and lighting – have led the industry in performance and simplicity for over 30 years Position:
Cushion Assembler Description: Secure material to cushions using the cushion press machine. Must be able to calibrate the cushion press.
Training will be provided. Use of air gun is required. Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 50 lbs. stand throughout the workday and must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
Posición: Ensemblador de Cojin Descripción: Asegurar el material a los cojines utilizando la prensa de cojín. Uso de pistola de aire es requerido.
Debe ser capaz de calibrar la prensa de cojín. Se impartirá entrenamiento .Debe ser capaz de levanter ,empujar y mover 50 libras durante las labors diarias. Debe de ser capaz de estar de pie durante el dia y de trabajar en un ambiente rapido.
Humanscale is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/Disabled/Veteran) ID: 2016-1143 External Company Name: Humanscale Corporation External Company URL: www.humanscale.com
Regional Cushion Sales Manager
Overview Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best Sales Professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing Sales Professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
Responsibilities The Regional Cushion Sales Manager manages and direct sales and marketing activities and personnel within an assigned region. Direct manager for District and/or Territory Managers within assigned geographic area. Designs, recommends and implements sales and marketing strategies and programs. Sets short and long term sales strategies and tactics in conjunction with RVP and Senior Division Management. Oversees the development of competency in assigned District/Territory Managers, recruits, trains, appraises and develops sales staff, and participates in annual budget preparation. Typically reports to RVP.
Monitors region under management for performance against established objectives/guidelines and takes the appropriate action to achieve established sales targets/programs and improve performance.
Evaluates effectiveness of sales and marketing strategies and programs and make recommendations regarding changes necessary to achieve target goals.
Identifies and ensures development of Territory/District Managers.
Assists in establishing sales objectives for the region assigned in conjunction with the Regional Vice President/Vice President Sales and ensures sales activities in the assigned area comply with established policies, procedures and practices, using good judgment and decision-making to ensure corporate ethical and professional standards of conduct are maintained in the absence of formalized guidelines.
Stays abreast of analyzes and informs senior management of industry, product, economic, and other changes that may impact sales and overall company business; provides timely summary of activities in the field and special reporting to assist in the business and product planning.
Performs analysis on assigned region for opportunities and develops forecast for sales by product and other statistical reports as required on a timely basis; identifies additional activities, training or materials necessary to achieve specific product sales goals in key accounts and markets; responsible for identifying and continuously improving activities that can affect customer perception.
Responsible for initial sales volume plan, contributes to overall Division plan strategies, goals and metrics, including sales, margins, profit plan, inventory and product programs.
Approves and processes legitimate Territory Manager/District Managers expenses, within limits of authority. Provides approvals for and recommendations for expense budgets; manages business expenses in accordance with corporate guidelines; ensures all assigned company owned equipment, vehicles, documents, materials, etc. in the areas assigned are used, maintained and stored as required and in accordance with company policy.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required with a minimum of 7 years of job specific experience. Experience should include a minimum of 3+ years in a sales management capacity for an organization of comparable diversity and scope. Thorough knowledge of Mohawk products, distribution options, sales strategies and programs. Sales & marketing and product development background, ability to manage a large decentralized sales force, knowledge of manufacturing process.
Demonstrated people management and effective customer relations skills.
Excellent presentation, oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills to effectively interact and negotiate with internal and external customers and business contacts, at all organizational levels; ability to communicate with others in antagonistic situation using appropriate interpersonal methods to reduce tension and maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards.
Ability to gather, assemble, correlate, analyze, and draw conclusions from industry, general business and statistical and financial data.
Demonstrated innovation and creativity in developing effective sales and marketing strategies and tactics.
Proficient using a PC, thorough understanding of in-house financial and sales reporting database systems. Proficiency in Word & Excel a requirement.
Up to 50% domestic travel via land and/or air. May be required to lift and move up to 100lbs.
Flooring background preferred. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States. Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more. P
Landing Craft, Air Cushion (Lcac) Electrical, Communications And C4N Maintenance Technician
LCAC Electrician: Operate, repair and perform organizational and intermediate maintenance on electrical components of gas turbine engines, main propulsion machinery, auxiliary equipment, propulsion control systems, and assigned electrical and electronic circuitry up to the printed circuit and alarm warning circuitry. locating circuit failures and replacing parts; measuring current, voltage and resistance; testing for shorts, grounds and continuity; testing protective circuitry; testing, servicing and replacing batteries; performing preventive maintenance on digital data equipment and control and monitoring circuits; SDL2017
Manager, Software Development, Journey Builder Engine
Category: Technology- Software Development
Location: US- Indiana- Indianapolis
Post Date: 11/16/2017
Manager, Software Development- Journey Builder Engine
As the global marketing software-as-a-service (SaaS) leader, SFMC inspires and enables thousands of organizations to leverage digital marketing to drive phenomenal business results through email, social, mobile, and the web. We've been a Salesforce company since July 2013, and our industry-leading marketing automation and campaign management capabilities pair with Salesforce's social marketing solutions (publishing with Buddy Media, listening with Radian6 and advertising with social.com to deliver the marketing platform of choice for CMOs. That's why we're so passionate about building a creative, entrepreneurial, and progressive work environment where all employees are empowered. SFMC is proud to employ highly-talented individuals spanning four continents.
SFMC is seeking a Manager within our Journey Builder Engine Development team. In this role you will define system solutions, mentor employees, lead development teams, and be responsible for the technical direction of the Journey Builder application. You will play an essential role in allowing our application to grow, scale and remain highly available in a quickly evolving environment. In the Manager of Software Development role, you will work closely with Program Management, Product Management, Quality Assurance and many other teams within SFMC to ensure high quality, feature-rich applications are delivered on time.
As a member of the SFMC Product Development group, you will join a team of software developers who are experts in the latest software development technologies who work in an environment of singularly enormous scale.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" six years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" nine years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Construction Superintendent-New Home Builder
We are seeking experienced New Home (Sub-Division) Construction Superintendents ONLY.
Candidates must be experienced in offsite and vertical construction.
Manage production and project-related office administration in a safe efficient, professional manner so as to assure the timely delivery of homes within established quality and budget parameters. In terms of job cleanliness, attitude and attire, Field Superintendent should view themselves as an extension of the Corporate Office, and set an example for those with whom they work.
· Prepare Onsite, Offsite and Model Schedule
· Review Contracts to Familiarize with Included Items
· Monitor Work to Assure Conformance with Contracts
· Coordinate Purchase Orders, Change Orders and Back Charges in accordance with Established Corporate Procedures and budgets.
· Approve Invoices in Accordance with Establisher Corporate Procedures, including Field Measurement of all quantity driven contracts.
· Monitor Use of Laborers and Assistants (Training Program)
· Monitor Onsite and Offsite Production to Assure Compliance with Established Quality Standards and Quality Inspection Program… Implement Zero Tolerance
Quality Program and schedule. Hold out to see where we get.
· Anticipate and solve problems before they occur.
· Coordinate Communication and Cooperation among Subcontractors to assure Timely Production and Elimination of Back Charges
· Schedule and Maintain Weekly Forman’s Meetings, and Safety Meetings in addition to pre-job meeting for each Phase.
· Schedule and Maintain Pre-job meeting for each phase of construction.
· Maintain Redline As-Built Plans for all Onsite and Offsite Production for Presentation at Post Job Meeting.
· Maintain Job Log Book and Quality Inspection Log
· Maintain Trailer in a Clean, Organized, Office–like manner.
· Maintain Job site in a Clean Manner to Assure Efficiency and Safety. Conduct Safety meetings and maintain/implement job safety standards.
· Maintain Clear, Clean Access to Model Complex and parking at all Times
· Coordinate Buyer Walks Schedule with Project Management and Sales Coordinator.
· Coordinate timing of ordering, cut-offs and installation of Carpet, Upgrades and/or Options with Sales Counselors.
· Communicate in person with Sales weekly re: jobsite, schedules, options, etc.
· Develop Clear Training Programs for Assistant Superintendents, Field Laborers and Buyer Service Representatives.
· Maintain NPDES file and Erosion Control Plan
· Field measure all quantity based trades (see Field Measurement Form) prior to approving invoices.
· Execute home construction in a maximum of 75 days while maintaining O/O quality.
· Anticipate and solve problems before they occur.
· Accelerate bond exoneration
· Greet homeowners at orientation- provide “Buyer Friendly” atmosphere on jobsite.
· Create Buyer-friendly culture on job site.
· Constant coordination and communication with Project Manager
· Train assistants and Buyer Service staff to advance in knowledge and position.
· Oversee Buyer Service items on jobsite.
· Update TracTime schedule on hand held daily.
· Address ROEL 3rd party review items within 7 days.
· Inventory control at jobsites.
· Utilize sub evaluation forms for each phase and distribute to Director of Quality Services.
· Establish relationship with local government inspection staff.
· Provide incident reports to HR for all incidents.
· Minimize, monitor and negotiate costs for all extras.
· See Procedures Manual for job description procedures for field measures and grading quantity calcs.
· Performs other assignments as required.
· At least two years of Construction Superintendent experience required
· High School Diploma or equivalent required
· Valid driver’s license, clean DMV record
Van Daele Homes is a company that hasn't lost its human qualities or its core values. We appreciate our employees and we strive to provide a company culture that is conducive to creativity and success along with a benefit program that helps employees maintain a healthy work-life balance.
Project Manager - Residential Home Builder
We a small growing local home builder looking for an experienced residential construction superintendent.
We are building ground up homes in Grand Prairie, TX (Mansfield ISD) , and will have additional subdivisions.
Lots have been purchased, and ground broken for development. Construction begins in November/December.
Our office is based in Southlake TX.
- - Schedule and supervise on a daily basis all trades within subdivision. (site office provided)
- - Plan and schedule all construction duties on homes from beginning to end.
- - Inspect work for quality and in compliance with City building code requirements.
- - Work closely with the sales team to ensure proper workflow and production.
- - Perform construction meetings with client, to update progress as needed.
- - Participate in attendance of construction educational classes as needed.
- - Be able to adapt within a rapidly changing environment. (FLEXIBLE).
- - Fill out daily, weekly and monthly reports and turns them in to office.
- - Assumes leadership role for all safety issues of all job sites activities.
- - MUST have a minimum of 3 years of residential experience in building, scheduling, ordering & field supervision.
- -MUST have actually built or supervised the process of new residential construction from start to finish. (remodels do not count)
- - Strong organizational and people skills.
- - Use of Word and Excel within the MS Office suite.
- - A thorough knowledge of all trades.
- - Knowledge of architectural drawings.
- - Ability to work in a faced paced environment.
- -Post offer drug screen and background check are required.
HUGE PLUS: (will consider additional $ compensation...)
- -With knowledge of Co-Construct (or other software)
- -Ability to speak/write Spanish fluently.
- -If more than 10 years of experience.
- -Is currently a small home builder.
This is a 1099 contract position. No benefits at this time.
- - With 3-5 years of qualified experience ($55-$60k) plus commission.
- - With 7- 10 years of qualified experience ($60-$70k) plus commission.
- - Meets or exceeds 'Huge Plus' List ($70-$80k) plus commission.
- - Would also consider production pay per house started and completed.
Qualified experience means you have actually built a home from the ground up before.
PLEASE EMAIL RESUME WITH SHORT EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU FIT THIS POSITION.
Immediate 3Rd Shift Opening For A Wood Builder & Repair Specialist
Key Responsibilities and
- 1+ years experience as a Wood Builder & Repair Specialist in a manufacturing, industrial or construction environment
- Ability to read prints, shop drawings, and read a tape measure
- MUST have previous experience using a nail gun!
- Ability to operate various pieces of equipment such as, table saw, vertical panel saw, drill press and compound miter saw
- Must be able to operate various hand tools such as hand drill, belt sander, jigsaw, hand router and staple gun
- Must be able to work unassisted
- Ability to follow instructions and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Willingness to work on any and all projects assigned
- Must produce a quality product
- Must be a team player and work well with others
- Requires the ability and willingness to lify 75 pounds frequently
- Any other duties assigned
Once hired on permanent, pay will shift to piece rates with potential to make $1,000+ weekly!
Bike Builder - Technician
About the Position OVERVIEW Sun & Ski is a leading outdoor retailer specializing in equipment, apparel, footwear and accessories to enhance our customers active lifestyles. The company operates 32 stores across 13 states and offers online sales at www.sunandski.com . Our core stores feature a broad selection of products for year-round outdoor lifestyle activities including ski, bike, board, run, swim and surf, while our Northeast stores sell ski and snowboard equipment and apparel in the winter and outdoor lifestyle furniture in the summer. Our commitment to providing exceptional service, unparalleled expertise and the highest quality products is the cornerstone of our unique approach and our 100% Performance Guarantee. SUMMARY Our Sun & Ski store is seeking a Bike Builder.
Responsibilities: * Ensure you deliver exceptional Customer Service that is consistent and beyond expectations.
Perform assembly and adjustment in an accurate and timely manner, while maintaining integrity of bike.
Adjust various bike parts to achieve safety standards.
Complete paperwork and logs correctly and completely.
Report any discrepancies and follow process to correct quickly and accurately
Professional communication with Supervisor(s): * Communicate any manufacturers defect, damage or missing parts prior to bike build.
Communicate any unusual problems that may need further assistance in order to complete the bike build in a timely manner and with high standards.
Adhere to safety procedures regarding lifting and use of tools and equipment.
Maintain an organized and clean work area.
Notify Management of any suspicious people or situations
Loss Prevention maintain accurate cash control and minimize inventory losses Note: Additional responsibilities may be assigned as business needs dictate.
Requirements: * Preferred: Bike industry, retail and/or Customer Service experience.
Knowledge of all bike building standards for various models.
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Ability to work quickly, efficiently and accurately.
Basic computer skills. All prospective employees must submit to a criminal background check and drug screen.
Paid Vacations & Holidays
Group Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
Life/Accidental Death Insurance
Long Term Disability
Flexible Employee Benefit Plan (Cafeteria Plan) * 401(k) Plan
Company/Vendor sponsored Product Knowledge/Training Adventure tripsBenefits available to all employees.*
Estimator / Purchasing Manager - New Home Builder
Work within a top quality home building company and handle all of the necessary items to purchase and estimate the quantity of materials needed to create detailed exact estimates and material orders that will be shipped to the home sites. These items will be specifically chosen for each customers home and will change on each project. You will work with the construction and design department to ensure that materials are being ordered to company standard and that these orders are correct and able to be approved by suppliers and contractors.
- Estimate Construction Materials used in residential home construction
- Detailed Quantity take-offs of in units of each material on every home design
- Maintain a vendor cost database in excel weekly
- Create Purchase Orders in Excel
- Work with suppliers to negotiate pricing and create proper shipping lists
- Work with contractors to create fair pricing for success of both companies
- Create charts and formulas in excel to improve accuracy of take offs
- Set up purchasing systems to improve pricing and improve efficiency.
You must pass a number of tests relating to math, estimating, and excel to get this position. You also must have strong communication skills
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!