Cushion Maker I Job Description Sample
You will be part of a team that is dedicated to providing reupholstery service for commercial and domestic furniture including dining room, kitchen and office chairs. Experience with larger furniture a plus.
This is an outstanding opportunity to become a high-visibility player within a very employee-oriented, dynamic, and growing organization. You will have an opportunity to make a significant impact!
Our Cushion Upholsterers are finalizing the most visible part of our seats. The upholstery work provides the first and most lasting impression of our product to our customer. In this role, you will work collaboratively with our team to reupholster chairs, booths and stools to provide the best visual outcome for our customers.
Responsible for the construction of all upholstered products assigned with the correct fabric specified by the customer and the inspection of SKUs that go through upholstery to ensure the highest customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and
- Perform a variety of upholstery operations.
- Assembly of product with correct fabric specified by customer.
- Evaluate all damaged material prior to project.
- Complete inspection of finished chair to ensure a quality product prior to delivery.
- Marking of chair boxes with invoice number to ensure accuracy to the customer.
- Ability to operate power mobile material handling equipment.
- Properly Velcro, glue, and other upholstery components.
- Material movement from other departments.
- Suggest process method improvements.
- Attention to continually changing model styles and colors is required.
- Attention to detail and quality is a must.
- Prior upholstery experience preferred, but we will train someone who is motivated to learn.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with ability to read, speak, and understand English.
- Mechanical aptitude and strong manual dexterity.
- Hardware recognition skills.
- Part number identification skills
- Ability to use air, power and manual hand tools.
- Ability to follow instruction and work well in a team environment.
- Displays a high degree of integrity, honesty and takes responsibility for one’s own actions; shows consistency between words and actions
- Ability to stand for 8 or more hours per day.
Education, Experience and
High school diploma
- Years of experience: Some experience working with upholstery in a warehouse or factory setting
- Computer proficiency a plus
- Dedicated to business and willing to adjust schedule and hours as needed
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Performing tasks in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- Repetitive movements.
- No physical limitations that limit the ability to carry and move furniture weighing up to 130 pounds.
- Consistent regular scheduled attendance is considered an essential function of this job.
Shift: Day Job (1st)
This is an entry-level position starting at $10/hour. You must be able to perform the above duties with minimal supervision. This is small-to-medium parts assembly in a fast-paced environment. Qualified candidates should submit a resume or apply in person.
One week paid vacation is available after one year of employment. Opportunities for growth will be available for exemplary performance.
Apply Now: Please include the following information: 1) when you can start (if chosen), 2) written
examples of your ability to multitask in a fast paced environment, 3) what city you live in, 4) and if you
Please send us your RESUME to the email link above and include professional references.
Please DO NOT RESPOND to this ad if you are not ready to go to work.
● Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
● do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
Humanscale is the premier designer and manufacturer of ergonomic products that improve health and comfort at work. Our award-winning office products –seating, sit/stand desks, technology support and lighting – have led the industry in performance and simplicity for over 30 years Position:
Cushion Assembler Description: Secure material to cushions using the cushion press machine. Must be able to calibrate the cushion press.
Training will be provided. Use of air gun is required. Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 50 lbs. stand throughout the workday and must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
Posición: Ensemblador de Cojin Descripción: Asegurar el material a los cojines utilizando la prensa de cojín. Uso de pistola de aire es requerido.
Debe ser capaz de calibrar la prensa de cojín. Se impartirá entrenamiento .Debe ser capaz de levanter ,empujar y mover 50 libras durante las labors diarias. Debe de ser capaz de estar de pie durante el dia y de trabajar en un ambiente rapido.
Humanscale is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/Disabled/Veteran) ID: 2016-1143 External Company Name: Humanscale Corporation External Company URL: www.humanscale.com
Regional Cushion Sales Manager
Overview Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best Sales Professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing Sales Professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
Responsibilities The Regional Cushion Sales Manager manages and direct sales and marketing activities and personnel within an assigned region. Direct manager for District and/or Territory Managers within assigned geographic area. Designs, recommends and implements sales and marketing strategies and programs. Sets short and long term sales strategies and tactics in conjunction with RVP and Senior Division Management. Oversees the development of competency in assigned District/Territory Managers, recruits, trains, appraises and develops sales staff, and participates in annual budget preparation. Typically reports to RVP.
Monitors region under management for performance against established objectives/guidelines and takes the appropriate action to achieve established sales targets/programs and improve performance.
Evaluates effectiveness of sales and marketing strategies and programs and make recommendations regarding changes necessary to achieve target goals.
Identifies and ensures development of Territory/District Managers.
Assists in establishing sales objectives for the region assigned in conjunction with the Regional Vice President/Vice President Sales and ensures sales activities in the assigned area comply with established policies, procedures and practices, using good judgment and decision-making to ensure corporate ethical and professional standards of conduct are maintained in the absence of formalized guidelines.
Stays abreast of analyzes and informs senior management of industry, product, economic, and other changes that may impact sales and overall company business; provides timely summary of activities in the field and special reporting to assist in the business and product planning.
Performs analysis on assigned region for opportunities and develops forecast for sales by product and other statistical reports as required on a timely basis; identifies additional activities, training or materials necessary to achieve specific product sales goals in key accounts and markets; responsible for identifying and continuously improving activities that can affect customer perception.
Responsible for initial sales volume plan, contributes to overall Division plan strategies, goals and metrics, including sales, margins, profit plan, inventory and product programs.
Approves and processes legitimate Territory Manager/District Managers expenses, within limits of authority. Provides approvals for and recommendations for expense budgets; manages business expenses in accordance with corporate guidelines; ensures all assigned company owned equipment, vehicles, documents, materials, etc. in the areas assigned are used, maintained and stored as required and in accordance with company policy.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required with a minimum of 7 years of job specific experience. Experience should include a minimum of 3+ years in a sales management capacity for an organization of comparable diversity and scope. Thorough knowledge of Mohawk products, distribution options, sales strategies and programs. Sales & marketing and product development background, ability to manage a large decentralized sales force, knowledge of manufacturing process.
Demonstrated people management and effective customer relations skills.
Excellent presentation, oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills to effectively interact and negotiate with internal and external customers and business contacts, at all organizational levels; ability to communicate with others in antagonistic situation using appropriate interpersonal methods to reduce tension and maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards.
Ability to gather, assemble, correlate, analyze, and draw conclusions from industry, general business and statistical and financial data.
Demonstrated innovation and creativity in developing effective sales and marketing strategies and tactics.
Proficient using a PC, thorough understanding of in-house financial and sales reporting database systems. Proficiency in Word & Excel a requirement.
Up to 50% domestic travel via land and/or air. May be required to lift and move up to 100lbs.
Flooring background preferred. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States. Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more. P
Landing Craft, Air Cushion (Lcac) Electrical, Communications And C4N Maintenance Technician
LCAC Electrician: Operate, repair and perform organizational and intermediate maintenance on electrical components of gas turbine engines, main propulsion machinery, auxiliary equipment, propulsion control systems, and assigned electrical and electronic circuitry up to the printed circuit and alarm warning circuitry. locating circuit failures and replacing parts; measuring current, voltage and resistance; testing for shorts, grounds and continuity; testing protective circuitry; testing, servicing and replacing batteries; performing preventive maintenance on digital data equipment and control and monitoring circuits; SDL2017
Apprentice Tool & Die Maker
Entry level Tool & Die Maker Apprentice, will train the selected candidate
Maintain and repair dies used to manufacture a wide variety of products
Duties and Responsibilities
Build / change-over / maintain & repair progressive dies, forming dies, compound blank dies, and draw dies.
Able to troubleshoot die related issues and resolve in a minimal amount of time with lasting effectiveness.
Participate in the development of continual improvement of dies.
Have an understanding of in-die sensors and their uses.
Operate milling machines, lathes, grinders with a high degree of accuracy.
Able to use precision measuring instruments.
Able to read blue prints, CMM reports and understand GD&T.
High school diploma or GED
Registered Journeyman Tool & Die Maker
5 Years of on job tool and die experience
Cabinet Maker / Cabinet Spray Finisher
High end mill-work/custom cabinet shop looking for highly skilled self-motivated craftsmen to join our team. We are currently looking experienced cabinet makers and spray finishers.
We specialize in residential Kitchens, Libraries, bars, built-in cabinetry and architectural millwork.
Applicants must be able to; Run/set up all woodworking equipment, read and understand shop drawings and plans, have a valid driver’s license, and have a positive attitude with excellent drive.
Attraction and Entertainment Solutions, a design, fabrication and installation company is currently looking for a Fine Carpenter to join our team in Jacksonville, FL.
As one of the leading designers for Uniquely Themed Environment & Exhibits throughout Florida, as well as worldwide, we have set the standard of full-scale custom fabrication in life size detail.
We offer PTO, 401K, Defined Benefit Plan, AFLAC supplemental Insurance available and the opportunity to travel. Pay for this position is competitive and will commiserate with experience.
We are a fun, creative, unique hard working group. With more than 30 years of experience in fabrication, our customers expect quality work.
Your responsibilities as the creative carpenter will include but are not limited to:
Build and create custom instillations
Contribute to design solutions
Meet project deadlines
Install exhibits/interactive space
Check out some of our work at AandEsolutions.com.
5+ years’ experience preferred in building custom Furniture & Cabinets
Extraordinary skills in detailing, reading plans & problem solving
Knowledge in Balancing Efficiency with Quality
Working well with others/team
Dependability, trustworthiness, honesty, great work ethics is key
Have own hand tools
Enjoy traveling for work
If you are interested in joining our team please apply today.
We look forward to hearing from you.
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Tool And Die Maker
- Studies blueprints of die and product, die models, templates, and prototype parts and visualizes shape, mechanical structure, and operation of die.
- Computes dimensions, plans machining, layout, and assembly operations.
- Measures, marks, and scribes metal stock for machining by other workers.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathe, milling machine, radial drill press, shaper, and grinder, to machine parts to specifications, and verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications.
- Lifts machined parts and positions them for assembly on worktable or surface plate.
- Smooths flat and contoured surfaces and fits parts to each other.
- Verifies dimensions, clearances, and alignment of members and parts in die.
- Dowels and bolts parts together.
- Works to tolerances as close as 0.
- Fits and assembles cam operated mechanisms for lateral movement of part of die.
- Connects wiring and hydraulic lines to install electric, pneumatic and hydraulic components.
- Dismantles die and repairs or replaces parts.
- Experience with stamping dies
- CNC experience (G & M code)
- Milltronics and HAAS experience helpful
- Experience trouble shooting stamping tools
- Journeyman Tool and Die Maker preferred
Experienced mold maker, CNC helpful
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!