Customer Service Clerk Job Description Sample
Customer Service Clerk
Great entry level position to start your career in Healthcare!!
Customer Service Account Representative - Healthcare is responsible for assisting with day‐to‐day duties including client and sales requests, resolving and documenting patient sample issues, printing of results and other tasks and duties as assigned from time to time by the manager.
· Excellent data entry, typing, and organizational skills.
· Intermediate/advanced Word, Excel, and Outlook skills and the ability to learn other programs quickly.
· Must have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, able to work effectively with multiple disciplines, good team approach, good written and oral communication skills, administrative skills, and above-average computer skills.
· Good documentation skills and attention to detail are essential.
Essential Duties and
· Prepare sales and client orders.
· Assist laboratory personnel with resolution of various sample issues.
· Manage and follow up with assigned client accounts to ensure proper supplies are on hand and that the accounts are in “good standing.”
· Manage incoming emails and phone calls in such a way that they are consistently responded to timely and efficiently in accordance with the Company’s same-day response commitment.
· Manage the TNP/QNS log, daily; follow up with clients that have sample label discrepancies; watch for QNS trends and follow up proactively to resolution Account Business Executive representatives in the field.
· Communicate with clients to solve sample issues and obtain missing patient information on test orders.
· Set up requisitions and custom panels; manage the printing and packaging of all requisitions.
· Input and maintain tracking system in SalesForce for Process and Handling agreements transmit copies to clients; document receipt date of signed agreement and upload executed agreement to SalesForce.
· Log accurate account notes, auto shipments, and client complaints in SalesForce and Therapak.
· Monitor Physician Services, Supplies, and TNP e-mail inboxes.
· Set up CVMH Log-ins for clients.
· Verify client draw log entries/accessions for samples received.
· Schedule appointments for Medical Science Liaisons for client and patient education
· Other tasks and duties as assigned from time to time.
Veridia Diagnostics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Veridia Diagnostics complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Veridia Diagnostics expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Veridia Diagnostics’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Billing And Customer Service Clerk
We are seeking a Billing And Customer Service Clerk to join our team! You will be responsible for helping customers by providing product and service information and resolving technical issues and invoicing them as well.
- Handle customer inquiries and complaints
- Provide information about the products and services
- Troubleshoot and resolve product issues and concerns
- Document and update customer records based on interactions
- Develop and maintain a knowledge base of the evolving products and services
- Previous experience in customer service, sales, or other related fields
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Positive and professional demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Customer Service Clerk (Flex / Customer Service - Refunds & Layaways)
Title: CUSTOMER SERVICE CLERK (Flex / Customer Service
Refunds & Layaways) Location: United States-Hawaii-Honolulu Job Number: 170004AJ
Performs a variety of duties in connection with NEX internal and external customer services operations. Works as part of a sales team to provide service which anticipates and exceeds customer expectations. Duties and
Greets and provides specialized services to customers. Performs transactions quickly, efficiently and professionally. Provides the following representative services:
Provides layaway services. Explains layaway policies and requirements.
Provides refunds, merchandise exchanges, and price adjustments, in accordance with NEX policy.
Takes and places customer special orders, as required. Computes cost and takes required deposit. Places orders promptly and follows up regularly with applicable Buyer/Vendor. Advises customer of delivery and updates status of order, as necessary.
Monitors status of rain checks issued to customers. Tracks orders and delivery. Advises customers of receipt of merchandise and arranges for pickup/delivery. Adjusts selling price and computes necessary accounting documentation.
Assists customers in opening NEXCARD accounts. Provides applications and basic program information. Assists customers with questions regarding their accounts, such as available balances, credit limits, etc. Accepts NEXCARD payments.
Becomes knowledgeable in NEX store policies including Richter Merchandising System functions and operation, merchandise returns, price matching, check cashing, rain checks, etc. Is empowered and responsible for resolving customer problems and complaints consistently, tactfully and intelligently, ensuring customer satisfaction as the end result. Nonroutine issues are immediately referred to a higher level associate having authority to resolve the matter.
Interacts with customers and coworkers in a friendly and professional manner, which includes adhering to NEX dress codes/uniform standards, and assisting/supporting sales team members to the maximum extent possible.
Communicates information to customers knowledgeably and legibly. Follows up on commitments, and handles all details necessary to successfully complete the sales encounter. Thanks customers for their patronage.
Reviews stock assortments and communicates regularly with supervisor, store manager, etc. regarding additions, deletions customer preferences, needs, and problems, etc. Participates in department meetings and actively seeks to exchange ideas regarding improvements in customer service, job performance, achievement of store/department sales goals, etc.
As required, performs cash register transactions. Performs all types of cash register transactions (cash, charge, check, layaway, gift certificate, etc.) in an accurate and procedurally correct manner.
Shops the competition to become familiar with commercial sector retail store sales events, policies, best practices, etc.
Advises customers of upcoming sales events, and services available throughout the Navy Exchange; such as gift wrapping, engraving, delivery, gift certificates, etc.
Maintains a high level of awareness in assigned areas and offers excellent customer service to all patrons (internal and external) in order to deter theft.
Completes paperwork associated with merchandise/inventory movement, price adjustments, customer returns, cash register operation, etc. accurately and completely.
Assists in training new associates in store programs and policies, as assigned.
Performs other related duties as assigned
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: 1 year responsible experience in clerical, office or retail sales store work of any kind in which the applicant has demonstrated the ability to perform satisfactorily in the position to be filled. SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE Study completed in a college, university, or junior college above the high school level may be substituted on the basis of one-half academic year of study for 6 months of experience.
Customer Service Clerk - Service Center LTL Trucking - Part Time
Job Description Old Dominion is currently recruiting for a Customer Service Representative. This role will successfully provide customer service duties in the service center and corporate office, as well as support to other members of Old Dominion in a fast paced high call volume environment. A customer service representative is organized, has excellent communication skills, knowledgeable, task oriented, and has the ability to multi task. The positions assists customers by giving rate quotes, status of shipments, tracing shipments, and provides assistance with scheduling customer pickups and completing forms, such as, bill of lading, etc. The Customer Service Representative responds promptly to customers and coworker’s inquiries through AS400, SAP, telephone, email, and any other computer/internal freight monitoring systems used within the company, etc. in order to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction.
Job Summary This Customer Service Representative provides customer service duties in the service center and corporate office, as well support to other members of Old Dominion in a fast paced high call volume environment. A customer service representative is organized, has excellent communication skills, knowledgeable, task oriented, and has the ability to multi task. The positions assists customers by giving rate quotes, status of shipments, tracing shipments, and provides assistance with scheduling customer pickups and completing forms, such as, bill of lading, etc. The Customer Service Representative responds promptly to customers and coworker’s inquiries through AS400, SAP, telephone, email, and any other computer/internal freight monitoring systems used within the company, etc. in order to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction
Perform general customer service by responding to emails, scheduling delivery appointments, giving rate quotes, sales bids, status of shipments, helping customers correctly fill out bills of lading.
Respond to customer issues, may include but not limited to looking up information, completing reports and updating websites, recording necessary information and responding to emails.
Handle inquiries from members of Old Dominion by responding to emails, completing reports, etc.
Perform computer functions using SAP/AS400 and Microsoft Office to complete reports, spreadsheets, emails, memos, look up information, etc.
Must communicate well through many forms such as phone, email, face to face, etc.
Files bills of ladings and delivery receipts.
Operates office equipment such as fax machines, copiers and phone systems.
Creates, maintains and enters information into databases such as SAP or AS400 or other company/internal freight monitoring system used within the company.
Completes forms and reports in accordance with company procedures.
Responsible for maintaining open and concise communications to ensure a satisfactory customer service experience.
High School Degree or Equivalent preferred.
Office experience preferred. Microsoft Office Skills using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required.
Some Service Centers may require Spanish Bi-lingual Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, and/or gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military status, Vietnam Era and/or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law(s).
LocationSAC - SACRAMENTO - CA
Position TypeRegular Part-Time
Part-Time Customer Service Clerk (Rosehill)
Part-Time Customer Service Clerk (Rosehill) Print Apply Part-Time Customer Service Clerk (Rosehill) Salary $12.85 - $15.62 Hourly Location Mukilteo, WA Job Type Part-time Department Recreation & Cultural Arts Job Number 2016-00015 Closing Continuous
Questions Description General Purpose of the Position: The position of the Recreation Customer Service Clerk is a vital function ensuring the success of the operations of the Rosehill Community Center.
These individuals represent the direct voice and image for the general public on the community center. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who thrives in a position that offers new opportunities for growth. Reports to the Recreation Department Office Technicians.
Will be required to work non-standard work weeks and shifts to include split shifts, evenings, weekends, special events and/or holidays. Work Schedule is 19.5 hours per week; primarily Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings; Friday and Saturday until 12:30 a.m. and Sunday until 10:30 p.m. Primary duties include front desk support, providing information to the public, in person and on the phone; collecting fees for facility programs; and registering patrons for a variety of facility programs using a computer.
Will be expected to gain extensive knowledge of the recreation programs offered and educate the public about programs. Able to utilize the ActiveNet software system to handle the rental of facility rooms for special events or meetings. Monitor the safety and cleanliness of the office and facility.
May be required to educate the public to promote habits and attitudes that lead to safe recreation. Individuals must be trustworthy, and able to work independently. Essential Duties Essential Duties and
• Assist public with use of Community Center, inform of rules and policies, rental, program information, registrations, etc. • Provide quality customer service for the patrons and staff which may include assisting with set up and breakdown/clean up of rooms, providing information about the City in general, providing information about the community center and programs, etc. • Answer and route incoming calls. • Assume responsibility for shift reports and accountability of funds. • Work at a variety of department events and activities that take place at the Community Center and other satellite locations. • As needed assist with the set up and clean up of all Community Center facilities, including setting up of tables, chairs, media, sport and play equipment, staging and collection of trash. • Register customers in courses, schedule facilities, collect and receive cash, check and charge payments, reconciles receipts, deposits funds and complies with cash handling policies. • Various administrative duties as assigned • Assist with cleaning the office and other areas of the facility as needed. • Attend scheduled staff meetings and trainings. • Communicate clearly and provide accurate information to the public. • Opens and closes the Community Center during normal business hours.
When opening, activates the phones, when closing, transfers the phones to voice mail and locks cash drawer in the safe. • Respond to emergency situations. • Perform routine custodial work such as vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, and cleaning of hard surfaces. • Report any damage, incidents, injuries or unsafe situations or conditions using appropriate forms. • Complete reports accurately and in a timely manner. • Work with other City of Mukilteo employees to provide safe conditions for the public. • Adhere to blood borne pathogen training and safety standards. Other Duties and
• Performs others duties as assigned. Skills and Abilities Required: • Knowledge of general office procedures, and ability to use office machines (i.e. copy machine, fax, adding machine, laminators, cameras, multi-line phone, and digital scanners) • Ability to work with others in a friendly and professional manner. • Carry out work assignments.
Includes using word processing, spreadsheet, database software, and internet. • Ability to cooperate with others, communicate in a diplomatic fashion and present a positive image of city services. • Ability to cope with interruptions, prioritize work; organize documentation, and coordinate work. • Effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly express thoughts to others and exchange information through various methods. • Ability to mesh numerous task assignments, cope with interruptions, and meet deadlines. • Current First Aid /CPR certification or willing to obtain within first 6 months of employment. • Must pass a Washington State Patrol criminal background check. • Valid Washington State driver's license and good driving record. • Flexible in work habits, work schedule and able to perform multiple tasks • Ability to coordinate and complete various activities and projects with changing priorities, timelines and work scope. Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is of an administrative nature and is typically performed indoors. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for prolonged periods and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. This position is sometimes stressful due to the high volume of calls and public contact.
This position must be able to: multi-task, and handle interruptions in addition to regular work load, lift 20 – 40 lbs., and able to respond and react to an emergency in an effective manner. The work is performed indoors or outdoors in all types of weather. Employees will be required to routinely work in the evenings, on weekends, or holidays and work split shifts or odd shift hours or other hours as assigned.
• Current First Aid /CPR certification or willing to obtain within first 6 months of employment. • Must pass a Washington State Patrol criminal background check. • Valid Washington State driver's license and good driving record. • Flexible in work habits, work schedule and able to perform multiple tasks • Ability to coordinate and complete various activities and projects with changing priorities, timelines and work scope. Supplemental Information The City of Mukilteo is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Accommodations for individuals with disabilities are provided upon request.
Customer Service Clerk - (Amtrak - NYC Sunnyside Yard)
About Aramark Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Core responsibilities include
Answers all incoming calls and dispatch requests
Dispatches and assigns service requests
Performs duties as a member of a team where the following duties and responsibilities will be shared and adjusted to the customer’s and/or leader’s needs:
Supports the leaders in support services and should be Customer oriented. Relates to all customers in a friendly, accommodating, and respectful manner that creates good will.
Sets high personal standards of performance and accepts responsibility and accountability of all actions.
Committed to performance improvement and positive change and adheres to department dress code and proper hygiene when reporting to work and performing job duties
Must be able to read, write, comprehend, and communicate the English language.
High school diploma or GED required.
Six months to one year of previous related experience and delegation skills is desired.
One year working with computers and data entry is required as well as the ability to type 40 wpm.
Ability to remain calm in less than calm circumstances.
Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills.
Flexibility, versatility, and reliability as a team player.
Must be able to sit at desk for long periods.
May occasionally require walking, bending, or stretching.
Occasionally lifts, carries, pushes, and/or pulls equipment, materials, and supplies weighing 20 pounds or less.
The potential for eyestrain exists with long-term exposure to the computer monitor. Must have adequate or corrected vision, hearing, and speech in order to communicate effectively via telephone, radio, and face to face. Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Warehouse Customer Service Clerk - Beaumont, TX
Job Description Receive and log all incoming and outgoing parts. Maintain accurate inventory logs and organize all inventory accordingly.
CSR needed to accept payments, process credit applications. MUST provide excellent customer service and have the ability to problem solve. Will use company specific software - but must possess MS Office computer skills.
Must present professional demeanor and high end customer service. Must be able to work retail schedule to include weekends.
? At Kelly Services ® , we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100 ™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
® As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion.
Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter . Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Import Customer Service Clerk
Work Schedule and Hours
Monday- Friday 8am-5pm
Refer to DSL Guidelines
Benefits 401K after 90 Days
Other positions that report to this position
Receive and enter customer orders into system. Perform other clerical tasks to support Import Customer Service and other Operations departments.
LIST 6 HIGH PAYOFF ACTIVITIES IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE IN WHICH 80% OF TIME SHOULD BE SPENT. ASSIGN EACH ACTIVITY A PERCENTAGE. IF S.M.A.R.T. GOALS ARE SET UP FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE ATTACH S.M.A.R.T. GOALS ON SEPARATE PAGE AND PLACE A CHECK IN THE APPENDIX BOX BELOW.
- Create new work orders received via email, EDI, and online systems for assigned accounts in a timely manner. Monitor for specialty loads, including In Bond, Triaxle, Reefer, HazMat, etc. Ensure all systems and spreadsheets are properly updated and confirm all orders are received according to Standard Operating Procedures. (40%)
- Load plan and set terminal appointments as applicable for containers that are available and need to be picked up from the port. (20%)
- Complete daily reports, including Outgates, Aging Dates, and Freight Bill Pull. (15%)
- Check availability of Import Containers up to three times per day and update the Import Spreadsheet with Last Free Day, as well as any holds in place at the terminal. (15%)
- Update customer websites with Proof of Deliveries. (5%)
- Perform other customer service and administrative duties as directed based on the needs of the business. (5%)
All other tasks and accountabilities
- Ensure all containers scheduled for previous day have been picked up from port. Communicate with dispatchers and troubleshoot issues with those containers that did not out-gate from the port. Notify appropriate parties to request corrections and or updates. Reduce Duncan’s liability on demurrage fees.
- Schedule delivery appointments and update on the Import Spreadsheet, Appointment Spreadsheet, and Truckmate.
- Work with other team members to promote an atmosphere of teamwork, customer service, and efficiency in the movement of cargo.
- Provide a high quality of life for all employees by living the Duncan and Son Lines’ values of Safety, Security, Profit, Integrity-Ethics, Quality Service, People Development-Training, Consistency, Trust and Reputation.
- Outgates: Resolve issues with 100% of loads which failed to out-gate from port on previous day without incurring demurrage fees.
- Check Availability: Move containers up for pickup on same day they are made available at port. Initiate resolution of hold issues on same day holds are found. Complete resolution within 1 business day.
- All orders entered are on load board, and all appointments are entered in respective spreadsheets.
Must have solid data entry and research skills. Must be detail oriented and able to maintain personal file organization. Must have intermediate computer skills to navigate and update Truck-Mate database, Microsoft Word and Excel proficiency, and 10-key by touch experience is required. Must be able to multitask. Must be resourceful with provided tools. Must be able to sit for up to 8 hours using a keyboard and monitor. Must be able to accurately key data into various forms, programs, and web sites. Must be able to easily ascend and descend stairs. Must be able to work in a fast paced, noisy environment. Must be able to remain calm in high pressure situations. Must be able to identify color differences of cells on spreadsheets. Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, criminal and previous employer background checks, and verify eligibility to work in the US.
Retail Customer Service Clerk (Part-Time) Britton Parkway Giant Eagle
Customer Service Clerk (Part-Time) Britton Parkway Giant EaglePart-TimeGiant Eagle Inc., ranked 35th on Forbes Magazine's largest private corporations list, is one of the nation's largest food retailers and distributors with approximately $9.6 billion in annual sales. Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle, Inc. has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with 417 retail locations throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia and Maryland.
Team Members who work for our flagship banner, Giant Eagle, are continually redefining and improving the supermarket shopping experience. We're creating a destination where customers find high-quality foods and convenience-oriented services, along with some pleasant and unexpected surprises as we try new things and roll out new ideas. You will be part of a growing team that emphasizes building lifelong relationships with our customers by focusing on understanding and exceeding their needs.Britton ParkwayService Center4001 Britton ParkwayHilliardOH43026Team Leader, Front EndStore Hourly88148BRTogether, we improve people's everyday lives and well-being. As a Giant Eagle team member, you'll be part of a team that emphasizes building lifelong relationships with our customers by focusing on understanding and exceeding their needs. As a member of the front end team in the service desk, your primary responsibility is interacting directly with our customers and ensuring that their questions and/or concerns are answered satisfactorily and that the customer leaves the store delighted. As a member of our team, you will also be fully trained and able to assist customers in other areas in the store.Provide exemplary customer service by ensuring customers orders are processed through our registers accurately and efficiently in the friendliest manner.
Resolve customer questions and concerns by communicating effectively with the customer and the management team/support staff in an efficient manner.
Assist customers with services such as applying for Giant Eagle Advantage Cards, using the Dress For Success dry cleaning service, purchasing money orders, completing MoneyGram transactions, lottery transactions and Ticketmaster purchases.
Answer telephones in a friendly and efficient manner and direct customer and business partner calls to the appropriate personnel, taking messages as needed.
Become familiar with products in the store to answer questions and make suggestions to customers.
Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee¿s designated department or elsewhere in the store.
Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping environment.
Maintain cleanliness of department and work area, including entrance areas and parking lot.
Assist in other areas as required.
No High School diploma required
0 to 6 months
At least 16 years of age
Gets Things Done
Respect for Self and Others
Normal store environment with no continuous exposure to extreme temps, dust, etc
Carrying Up to 25 pounds
Lifting Up to 25 pounds
Office & Customer Service Clerk
The clerk is responsible for internal audit processes, in fleet processes, pursues payment from customers and other clerical administrative responsibilities. The individual will also provide support to the office team as deemed necessary.
- Follow up with all overdue customers daily
- Print Daily Reports on new forced charge customers to pursue payment and set up with own unique identifying customer number
- Investigate, verify and resolve incoming inquiries & chargebacks from issuing banks & credit card companies
- Establish and maintain receivables in the direct billing system
- Communicate both verbally and written with customers to expedite payments and resolve collection issues
- Maintain an organized filing system
- Perform internal audit processes
- Handle procurement of office supplies
- Assist in-fleeting new vehicles
- Assist with entry of damage claims
- Acquire police reports when needed and handle retrieval of cars from impound
- Individual must have strong customer service skills
- Must have excellent telephone etiquette, answering phone in timely and courteous manner
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Must be a Self Starter
- Strong Organizational skills with attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Excel and MS Word
- 10 key experience with a high degree of accuracy
- Positive Personality and willing to work with others
Post high school education in a relevant field of study OR equivalent work experience
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!