Customs Inspector Job Description Sample
Director, Customs Compliance
Director, Customs Compliance
Tracking Code 1158-056
COMPANY OVERVIEW Knoll is a constellation of design-driven brands and people, working together with our clients to create inspired modern interiors. Since 1938, we’ve been thinking about how people interact with their environments, and how their environments impact what they do. Our strength in office systems, seating, furniture, textiles, leather, architectural accessories allows us to compose integrated solutions from products and services that naturally work together. To learn more, visit www.knoll.com at http://www.knoll.com/
Position Profile This position will lead the global trade compliance function and act as a subject matter expert for global trade compliance matters. This person will be accountable for all Customs-related operations and compliance with all import/export laws, provide strategic advice to the company on trade matters, and manage global trade compliance policies and procedures. The position will be responsible to answer all trade compliance questions and act as the primary contact for all Customs and related government agencies.
Bachelor’s degree required.
Customs Broker License required.
Minimum 7 years of experience in Customs compliance activities.
Extensive knowledge of U.S. import and export control laws and regulations.
Experience working directly with Customs agencies and partner government agencies.
Well versed in responding to government inquiries.
Demonstrated ability to deliver practical solutions to solve complex issues.
Detail oriented, highly organized, and the ability to drive decision-making in a fast-paced environment with on-demand requests.
Excellent interpersonal and communications across multiple internal and external business functions.
Demonstrated ability in deploying expertise to ensure company’s compliance with import/export laws.
Has served as the primary contact with government agencies related to Customs compliance activities.
Has resolved Customs problems in the international business realm while improving the efficiency and effectiveness of timely imports and exports.
Analyzed Customs management processes and implemented improved processes where needed.
Has served as the subject matter expert (SME) for all issues related to import / export Customs operations, compliance audit processes, product classification and international supply chain planning and risk assessment from a Customs compliance perspective.
Developed, maintained, and updated documented internal controls and operating procedures over trade compliance matters
Provided strategic guidance on the incorporation of trade compliance requirements into the Company's business processes
Have managed outside counsel and Customs services to resolve difficult compliance issues.
East Greenville, Pennsylvania, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular We are an equal opportunity employer. This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Head Of Global Customs & Trade Compliance
The Vistaprint legal team is looking for a seasoned and entrepreneurial trade compliance professional to lead Vistaprint’s Global Customs & Trade Compliance operation. As the head of Global Customs & Trade Compliance, you will set and execute the strategy for delivering on operational efficiency, compliance processes and duty avoidance. You will be challenged to bring a practical and creative approaches and solutions to a traditional compliance function and to assess risks and opportunities appropriately and dedicate resources as needed. You will be expected to be a senior advisor to the procurement, supply chain and marketing teams and combine a deep expertise in customs and trade compliance requirements with a full understanding of Vistaprint’s business objectives and operational requirements. As the head of Vistaprint’s Global Customs & Trade Compliance function, you will:
Design, implement and maintain a comprehensive compliance program that:
Enables the rapid and seamless movement of plant machinery, consumables and finished products to and from Vistaprint’s facilities in Canada, Europe, Australia and the United States.
Ensures the proper classification and valuation of a steady stream of new products.
Audits existing process, procedures and playbooks to ensure compliance with existing regulations.
Properly maintains all necessary documentation and records.
Is fully prepared for inquiries from regulators.
Act as the senior point of contact with S. Customs and Border Protection, Canada Border Services Agency and other government agencies on matters related to import operations and trade compliance.
Oversee strategic direction and tactical implementation of duty savings programs, including NAFTA, 9802 and Canadian duty drawback.
Manage, support and evaluate Vistaprint’s network of customs brokers.
Provide expert advice and support to the procurement, supply chain, and logistics teams.
Remain current in customs regulations and processes and ensure internal teams are properly trained to comply with existing regulations and prepared for changes in the regulatory environment – including Brexit. You will bring: + 7-10+ years of experience in a global company handling complex trade compliance issues; e-commerce experience a plus.
Experience as a Licensed Customs Broker and Certified Customs Specialist.
Deep background and understanding of U.S. and Canadian customs regulations and practices, with at least a high-level background on customs issues and regulatory requirements in Europe and Asia with a willingness and ability to understand and develop expertise in these areas as well.
Success in implementing and maintain a global Customs program, including policies, procedures and training and a thorough knowledge of the Harmonized Tariff System.
Sound and balanced judgment and business awareness, with an appropriate understanding of the need to pragmatically assess risk.
Experience managing customs brokers to a documented trade compliance program
Analytical problem-solving skills and experience in advising fast-paced global business operations on trade compliance issues.
Demonstrated success working with U.S. CBP and other Government agencies on a wide range of regulatory and technical issues.
Experience managing remote team members.
Experience working with Descartes Customs Info Manager preferable.
Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to clearly and accurately explain complex issues to diverse technical and business audiences.
Strong organizational skills, with the ability to effectively and timely manage multiple projects simultaneously.
A drive for excellence and for delivering outstanding service that exceeds client expectations.
A passionate self-starter with a “get things done” mind-set and approach, but always consistent with the highest professional and ethical standards. External Company Name: VistaPrint Limited External Company URL: www.vistaprint.com
Customs & Trade Compliance Coordinator
Customs & Trade Compliance Coordinator Tracking Code 178353-846 Job Description
Create and coordinate Export documents for freight forwarders
Export File Audit / BOL Follow Up
Assist with Import File Audit
Import Filing / Recordkeeping
Oversees Freight Forwarder Approval Process and database maintenance
Export Filing / Recordkeeping
Fulfills Customer Document Requests including free trade agreement certificates of origin
Vendor Country of Origin Solicitation and system maintenance
Vendor Country of Origin Filing / Recordkeeping
Free Trade Agreement Qualification Review
Supply Chain Impact Review Process
Interface with supply base and customer base on compliance issues
Assists sourcing/supply chain with any problems that may arise with the import or export of any shipment
Maintains databases and reports for the department including Key Performance Indicators
Generate commercial invoices for product returns
- Identify cost savings opportunities Required Experience
High school diploma required
Excellent oral and written skills
Ability to work independently without daily oversight
Excellent organizational skills
- Basic Excel knowledge required
BA or Equivalent Degree Preferred
Basic knowledge of NAFTA and other Free Trade Agreements a Plus
SAP experience a plus
Customer Service Related Experience Preferred
Spanish Language Skills a Plus We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected class. Job Location Lake Forest, Illinois, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected class.
Customs And International Trade Director
PwC/LOS Overview PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities.
Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us. At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers.
Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title. Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready - to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential.
To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers. The PwC network is a global market leader in tax services.
We assist businesses, individuals, and organizations with tax strategy, planning, and compliance, while also delivering a wide range of business advisory services.
With over 32,000 tax professionals, this means that the PwC network can support our clients both locally and globally. We have experience working with an expansive and diverse client-base, which comprises all types of businesses-multinationals, local companies, privately-owned organizations, entrepreneurs, family businesses, trusts, partnerships, and private individuals.
Job Description As competition increases across the globe, today's companies expect greater efficiency and accuracy from their suppliers. At the same time however, local governments have expanded and fine-tuned their trade legislation, requiring companies to also increase scrutiny of their own import, export and indirect tax (customs and VAT) strategies to be sure that they comply with complex local laws.
Running afoul of such laws could cause these companies to incur unnecessary indirect tax costs, slowing their supply chains, increasing order completion time, and incurring other import and/or export risks related to non-compliance. PwC's Customs & International Trade team helps clients address the complexities of international trade, customs, and indirect taxes and works with them to develop cost-effective strategies, efficient and effective compliance programs, and business processes that keep important supply chains running smoothly. The group teams with PwC's international tax, transfer pricing, M&A, and assurance professionals to deliver fully integrated solutions designed to decrease indirect tax costs and risks to their clients. Position/Program Requirements Minimum Years of Experience: 8 Minimum Degree Required:
Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or Accounting Certification(s) Required: Licensed Customhouse Broker or commitment to obtain certification within one year of hire Degree(s) Preferred: Juris Doctorate or Master's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or Accounting Knowledge Preferred:
Extensive knowledge of international trade and customs regulations, the implementation of strategies designed to enable companies to plan and control the commercial movement of goods/products across borders, business process reviews, system redesigns, duty reduction / refund program implementation, risk management, compliance reviews and cost analysis. Thorough knowledge of developing strategies addressing international trade and customs regulations across Globalization / Regionalization Customs and Trade Strategies, Market Access / Investment Strategies, Customs Valuation of Goods, Trade Risk Management, Conflict Resolution / Litigation Support, Due Diligence and Systems Solutions. Skills Preferred:
Extensive technical skills in entry review process related to import and export entry/shipment data elements (HTS/ECCN classification, value, quantity), FTZ's, drawback, protests and petitions, export control compliance (EAR and ITAR) as well as knowledge of brokerage entry / release and clearance. Thorough experience identifying and addressing client needs: developing and sustaining deep client relationships using networking, negotiation and persuasion skills to identify and sell potential new service opportunities; preparing and presenting complex written and verbal materials; and defining resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collection. Thorough experience as a team leader: leading teams to generate a vision, establish direction and motivate members, create an atmosphere of trust, leverage diverse views, coach staff, and encourage improvement and innovation.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law.
Customs Compliance Coordinator
Customs Compliance Coordinator easy apply
- apply with indeed
location:San Diego, CA
salary:$20 - $22 per hour
date posted:Thursday, December 28, 2017
questions:email@example.com easy apply
apply with indeed
description - Coordinates the operation of bookings, and allocation of ocean freight and air shipments
Approve and dispute invoices associated with import activity. All discrepancies must be resolved with the vendor before payment approval
Maintain and update excel tracking of all approved invoices, reconcile purchases orders and invoices received
Interact with NPI and Supply Chain teams to determine HTS codes and import regulations
Responsible for import compliance in the areas of record keeping, HTS classification
Audit documentation for accuracy, accounting and US customs purposes; act as a liaison to corporate Accounting Department
- Lead International Freight Operations role overseas Working hours: 8a-5p
--Bachelor's degree preferred in international business and / or equivalent work experience --At least 3+ years of related work experience import ocean and air operations --Customs Broker License preferred --Proven track record of meeting deadlines under limited supervision --Extensive attention to detail --Software: MS Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel), database proficiency --Experience using ERP systems --High-energy, self-starter with excellent communication skills --Strong leadership skills
- This is a dog friendly facility Based on the information given above, if you feel you are a good fit for this position, click on APPLY below for immediate consideration, or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews are by appointment only. We offer our employees a full array of benefits while on temp and temp-to-perm assignments. Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
location:San Diego, CA
salary:$20 - $22 per hour
date posted:Thursday, December 28, 2017
IMPORT, customs broker seeks entry writer. Experience with HTS, customer service, freight logistics a plus. Valley Stream, NY location. Scan resume to email@example.com.
Customs - Traffic Specialist
· Develops and maintains Customs-Traffic related transportation and distribution procedures to maximize delivery efficiency and customer satisfaction.
· Responsible for the Customs and Global Transportation services including the rating and routing of inbound and outbound international shipments.
· Responsible and knowledgeable individual through which the global logistics activity is managed to meet on-time deliveries.
· Coordinates shipments to customers and maintains on time delivery performance.
· Oversees outgoing finished product shipments.
· Reviews and approves all proposed international shipments and receipt of goods; ensures compliance with Foreign Trade and Export/Import requirements and assures that the Company is in compliance with US Customs/ITAR/EAR regulations.
· Prepares documentation for export/import approval with supporting documentation to include the analysis of shipping quotes, method of shipping, the necessary bonds, permits, import licensing, tariffs, Dangerous Goods, ECCN, equipment classification, Carnets, foreign agent and custom clearances as required.
· Maintains recordkeeping/shipping databases to be utilized for weights, dimensions, agent information, and international customs and duties regulations.
· Negotiates favorable company rates for both outbound and inbound freight.
· Coordinates with and supports Contracts, Procurement, Marketing, Programs, Production, Global Logistics, Customs Brokers, Freight Forwarders, Customer Service, Shipping and other departments necessary to ensure appropriate import/export logistics and global customs-trade compliance
· Reviews contracts, purchase orders and letters of credit regarding proper shipping documentation required for shipment and payment.
· Provides ongoing oversight of the Company import/export activities, including self-audits, as appropriate to assess compliance. Provides advice and guidance as required to assure Company’s conformance with regulations.
· Licensed Customs Broker / Certified Customs Specialist preferred
· HAZAMT/DG Certified
· Relevant college degree or some college with significant work experience in related field
· Work experience should encompass solid understanding of product technologies and regulatory requirements.
· Minimum of three (5) years experience in shipping and international transactions of import/export and Customs regulations.
· Familiar with Global Trade-Customs, import/export and Foreign Trade concepts, practices, and regulatory requirements
· Fully knowledgeable of the licensing process including specific requirements of the US. Departments of State, Commerce and Treasury and regulations and laws applicable to international trade.
· Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and negotiation skills are required for effective interface with all internal and external contacts.
· Knowledge and proficient implementation skills in software tools such as Microsoft Office and other database applications.
· PREFERRED SKILLS: ITAR experience is preferred. Very strong on Import side.
· Ability to help update database and classifications on HTS.
· Must be able to pass background and drug screening.
CSG is a EOE Minority/Veteran/Female/Disabled
Customs Brokerage Entry Writer
Due to growth and expansion, Arecco Custom House Transport, is now looking for a full-time Customs Brokerage Entry Writer. You MUST have experience with International Logistics and preparation of compliant and timely Customs ISF and/or ACE entry filings.
Job Responsibilities include the following:
- Gather, research and interpret information from a variety of sources to prepare compliant and timely Customs ISF and/or ACE entry filing
- Interact with U.S. Customs, import carriers and domestic carriers to arrange for coordinated handling of product from source to delivery
- Maintain complete and accurate files (both hard copy and electronic format as appropriate) for documentation and compliance purposes
- Strong customer service skills and good attention to detail
- Provide necessary documents to other government agencies
- Prepare customs brokerage files
- Data entry & transmit to Customs
- Prepare entry documents for Customs approval and Duty payment
- Prepare billing package, bill file, email/mail to clients
- Ensure that all entries are filed on time and freight delivered in a timely manner in accordance with company and customer expectations
- Faxing, photo copying, filing
- Background in International logistics and a good understanding of international trafficking or Import Brokerage experience preferred
- Solid knowledge of domestic and international geography including countries, major cities, and ocean ports
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with multi-functional and diverse backgrounds.
- Computer Skills – Proficient at Microsoft Outlook, Excel & Word
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Team Player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must have solid math skills
Fully Licensed and Permitted with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, A Department of Homeland Security.
We specialize in FWS, DOT & EPA, FDA. We also work with USDA, and are working with new Customs software ACE. The pioneer of ACHT.US is Tony Arecco. He was introduced to the industry in 1990. He has been Licensed to transact U.S. Customs transactions since July 7, 1998. He has worked in the AIR CARGO environment for decades, and has taught seminars nationwide for several years. We have developed "In House" ISO procedures with U.S.CBP programs such as ACH, Drawbacks, Markings, Tariff & Rulings, Warehousing, International Ship Spares, .etc.
Licensed US Customs Broker - Imports Compliance
Long Island manufacturing company needs an Imports Compliance Specialist. You will be responsible for maintaining databases of parts, materials, etc. to reflect accurate HTS classifications in the US and globally. Working closely with global supply chain colleagues, develop and maintain product databases with accurate countries of origin and certificates of origin. Should be a Licensed Customs Broker.
Assign HTS classifications to manufactured products, train others in proper product classification, develop tools for maintaining consistent classification standards across the business. Provides support for Export Control & Customs (ECC) Classifications and for Customs compliance issues. Assist with the assurance of full compliance for Import and Export according to Customs regulations of US government and its agencies, in addition to the company’s internal control policies.
Using your in-depth knowledge about multi-national businesses engaged in international trade, perform import compliance audits to assess business risk and implement process improvements.
Work with other employees of the company to implement import/export compliance, and help drive international competition. Should have knowledge about customs regulations in other countries, and knowledge about NAFTA.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Logistics, International Trade or similar required plus at least five years’ experience in multi-national trade compliance. Licensed US Customs Broker required. Strong working knowledge of US Customs laws, Harmonized Tariff Classification, and Schedule B. Must have experience in building databases, or creating classifications of products, to the Harmonized Traffic Classification schedule of the US and other countries. Able to determine trade requirements for dealing with other countries. Experience working with Import and Export transactions, and with developing a framework for compliance in complex global transactions. Experience using an ERP system such as Oracle or SAP is required. This position will require some travel.
Should know: International trade compliance, Export Administration Regulations (Title 15, Code of Federal Regulations), Customs regulations (Title 19, Code of Federal Regulations), product classification (HTS), Temporary Importation Under Bond administration, FTA and other duty-minimizing programs as well as Other Government Agencies (OGA).
Please send your resume as an attached Word file to pearl AT jobspot.com. If you would kindly provide information about why you are looking for a job, and how much you are/were recently earning, I can get your resume to my client right away. Please write Imports in the subject line of your message.
Image Associates Inc., a recruitment agency, is an award winning member of a national agency network. Pearl Martin, President, is a Certified Personnel Consultant, which assures that she is well trained in personnel recruiting best practices and employment laws.
Please look me up on LinkedIn, and send me an invitation to Link: www.linkedin.com/in/pearlmartin1
Customs Entry Writer
Logistics Company in Charleston is hiring for a Customs Entry Writer- This position will be responsible for the description listed below.
· Performs brokerage and classification functions with US Customs for imported freight
· Assists with US Customs and Other Government Agencies (OGA) inquiries, rejections, post entry amendments, refund requests, etc.
· Understands and inputs applicable financial components of shipments (AP and AR) to generate proper billing of customers
· Prepares and reviews routine reports
· Generates, files, and maintains up-to-date and accurate customer records, reports, documentation, databases, etc.
· Files entries with US Customs, ensures timely dispatch of cargo, and accurate reporting and billing
· Responds to customer inquiries and follows-up to ensure issue resolution
· Educates customers about Customs and Other Government Agency (OGA) requirements
· Collaborates with support staff and other departments to ensure data integrity and compliance with customer SOPs
· Liaises with customers, agents, shippers, colleagues, and Customs efficiently
· Partners with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the customer experience is seamless
· Provides subject matter support to Sales Executives and Account Managers as requested
This position will require ability to work in a fast paced environment with a minimum of 1-2 years of this exact experience. Salary is 30K-40K depending on experience. Working schedule is Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm.
Associate Programs & Benefits
•Holiday and Vacation Pay
•Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
•Fixed Indemnity Medical Benefits
•Short Term Disability
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!