Cut And Print Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Die Cut Machine Operator
Die Cut Machine Operator
Madden Industrial Craftsmen is seeking an experienced die cut machine operator for a paper product manufacturer, including wrapping paper and specialty cardboard boxes, in Portland, Oregon.
Responsibilities of the Die Cutter:
• o Operation and maintenance of die cutting machinery to cut, crease, and score a variety of paper and cardboard materials.
• o Installation of cutting and stripping dies.
• o Assist lead and senior staff as required to meet goals of the team.
• o Quality checks on dimensions, print registration, and material test.
• o Assist with design and diemakers about die layout, verifies all paperwork for new orders is complete, check for correctness of new dies.
• o Notify lead of equipment problems and parts/tools needed.
• o Feeding of sheets or unloading of product for all die cutting equipment.
Requirements of the Machine Operator:
• o 5 years press experience
• o Knowledge of basic machinery and maintenance techniques.
• o Ability to lift 50 pounds
• o Ability to read, understand, and fill out work orders
• o Ability to work safely by yourself or as part of a team with knowledge of lockout/tagout
Compensation of the Machine Operator:
• o $18-20 DOE
• o Medical insurance
• o 401k w/ match
This position is 90 days temp to hire.
Specialties: Project Managers, Carpenters, Machinists, Welders, Electricians, Maintenance/Millwrights, Pipe Fitters, Mechanics, HVAC Technicians, Painters, Drafters, Groundskeeper, Designers, Building Maintenance and Heavy Industrial.
Brausse Die Cut Operator
Responsible for the performance of manual and machine tasks in the set up, maintenance, and operation of die cut equipment to accurately produce product to customer specifications.
Read job tickets to determine setup specifications and instructions
Performs routine adjustments during the press run and maintain production throughout
the press run
Follow instructions accurately
Record production information such as amount of time spent on specific tasks
Open machines and remove/replace damaged product, using hand tools
Coordinate efforts as part of the team to provide assistance to all co-workers (in all
departments) as needed to maximize production efficiencies
Qualifications and Work Environment:
Must have a high school diploma or a G.E.D.
Experience running board stock and paper on flatbed die cutters required.
Must have basic computer skills – data entry.
Must pass color vision test.
Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or
have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience
Demonstrates ability to recognize common packaging defects (cracking, sharpness,
heavy scores, line-up, tearing, flat scores, one-sided scores, light cutting, loose fibers,
pressure marks, etc.).
Demonstrates ability to make stripping boards.
Demonstrates knowledge of how to use benders, bridgers, miters and cutters for
Demonstrates knowledge of when to use underlay or begin spotting.
Demonstrates knowledge of 1mm counter plates.
Demonstrates knowledge and ability to repair dies by modifying creasing rules and
Demonstrates knowledge of counter plates, matrix, spotting tape, and underlaying.
Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Responsiveness / Urgency – Responds to requests for service in a timely and thorough manner; Does what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction; Personally responsible; Works hours necessary to complete assigned work; Is regularly present and punctual, arriving prepared for work; Is committed to doing the best job possible
- Communication – Writes and speaks effectively; Demonstrates openness and honesty; Listens well; Asks questions to ensure understanding; Regularly updates manager on progress of tasks and assignments
- Adaptability / Flexibility – Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; Performs a wide variety of tasks and changes focus quickly as demands change; Manages transitions from task to task effectively
- Service Attitude – Positive “Yes, I will help you with that.” attitude with all team members, customers, and vendors. Customer (internal and external) focused; Responds promptly to requests; Solicits feedback to improve service; Meets commitments; Willing to go above and beyond to provide extraordinary service.
- Teachable – Listens to instructions carefully and completes tasks accordingly; Lifelong learner attitude; Seeks out opportunities to learn new skills; Learns from mistakes and approaches them with humility and ownership
- Planning/Organizing– Arranges oneself and surroundings to achieve greater efficiency; Uses time efficiently
- Initiative - Seeks increased responsibilities; Plans work and carries out tasks; Identifies problems and immediately notifies manager; Communicates ideas for improvement to manager for consideration
Note: This job description does not list all of the duties of your job. You may be asked by managers to perform other tasks and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or Vivid Impact may terminate your employment at any time, for any reason.
2Nd Shift Heidelberg Die Cut Press Operator
Are you interested in being part of a team that is passionate about printing unique products for all of life's most important celebrated events? Do you strive on quality and attention to detail? Carlson Craft has an opportunity for you. Carlson Craft, a leader in the print industry is seeking a Heidelberg Press Operator to die cut printed invitations and announcements for many events, holiday cards and more! Duties, Responsibilities, Key Accountabilities
Operate printing press to produce occasion items such as holiday cards, coasters, etc.
Inspects finished product for smears, stains, and uniform die cutting.
Periodically washes cylinder with solvent.
Changes die cuts per instructions.
Proofread product to ensure copy is correct.
May pull appropriate amount of stock for various orders.
Make adjustments to the machine as necessary. Position Requirements
Formal Education (minimum)
High School or equivalent
Prerequisite Work Experience
Printing industry knowledge a plus
Technical or Specialized Knowledge
Able to run other equipment in the additional finishing department
Attention to detail
Good organizational skills
Good eye-hand coordination
Ability to pick out fine details
Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
Ability to read a ruler
Operator - Digital Print
Cathedral Corporation is looking for 2nd shift Print Operators experienced in Digital Printing, using High-Speed Cut Sheet and Continuous Form Printers in our Lincoln, Rhode Island Plant.
We will provide training to reliable individuals who can work independently, have strong problem solving skills, and are committed to producing quality work.
Ability to Set up and operate high speed continuous printers while maintaining the required throughput and/or operate various cut sheet printers to transfer data onto printed pages accurately and timely.
Check and statement with continuous form printing experience preferred. Computer experience helpful.
Ability to work overtime and weekends during peak production is required.
Duties Include but not limited to:
Set up equipment and supplies based on instructions from job jacket.
Monitor operation of equipment to ensure proper processing of materials.
Make minor adjustments or repairs to equipment.
Examine work-in-process for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies, procedures and job specifications.
Follow established department procedures for maximum job quality and integrity before, during and after print operation.
Inspect finished product to ensure that it is printed according to specifications.
Transfer finished pieces in order to next stage of production process.
Work at different work stations as production needs require.
Preferred Printer Experience:
Xerox Impika inkjet continuous printer
Xerox DP 180MX (MICR) printer
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and desired minimum six (6) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Print and Mail industry experience preferred.
We offer excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits including health, dental, vision, life, generous paid time off, short term disability, long term disability and 401(k) with company match.
This employer is an equal employment opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, or marital status. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with this employer solely depends on your qualifications.
Digital Print Production Operator - Night Shift (Boca Raton)
Full Time Digital Print Production Operator Position:
1.) Run large format Roland XC540 (banners, posters, signs, wraps, canvas)
2.) Laminate, cut, mount and finish large format items.
3.) Placing files in appropriate folders and color coding folders accordingly
4.) Impose short run items & run Konica BizHub Pro C6500/6501 & 1080 (Digital Press)
5.) Cut jobs on new 20" Challenge Titan cutter
6.) Box and package posters, bc, flyers, and short run products that come out of copier.
7.) Update status of orders each step of the way and note any important information
8.) Help with some design jobs for print orders
9.) Pre-Press = Check and fix bleed, margins, size, resolution (will NOT be putting together runs)
10.) Submitting some jobs to various production facilities (via email or online)
11.) AND OF COURSE TO HAVE FUN!
1.) M-F 6pm-Midnight or later
2.) Possibly some Saturdays if the workload is high.
3.) Minimum 30 hour work week (with possible overtime paid time and a half over 40 hours)
1.) Extremely familiar with Mac OSX
2.) Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Acrobat))
2.) Fast typing but while being detailed & consistent
4.) Basic paper stock and finishing knowledge (12PT, C2S, UV, ECT...)
5.) Be able to multi-task and work in fast-paced environment
1.) Operating a Roland or similar large format device
2.) Using Rip Software such as Versaworks, FlexiSign, or Caldera, etc
3.) Operating a Konica Minolta or similar digital laser printer (such as Ricoh, Xerox, Canon, Kodak, etc).
4.) Using Command Workstation type of rip software to run digital press
5.) Using InDesign to imposition files
6.) Using Illustrator to create di-cut lines
7.) Worked with weeding cut vinyl and wrap vinyl and knows how to install
8.) Pre-flighting and correcting files
Please email resume to obtain an interview.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to adding you to our team! :)
Pre-Press Digital Print Operator
Operate Small format digital presses, latex printers, laminator and mounting equipment.
Preflight files in Adobe Creative Suite.
Operate Color & B/W digital presses.
Color matching & correction.
Cut down and finish binding jobs.
- Navigate server to retrieve client files.
Minimum one (1) year experience in either Small Format OR Large Format Digital Print Production is REQUIRED.
Complete proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite with Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign is REQUIRED.
Must know how to achieve quality color outputs and have strong color judgement/matching skills.
Must know how to adjust color within Adobe Photoshop to color-correct files.
Experience in color management including calibrating equipment, preferred.
Candidates must be both MAC & PC proficient.
Strong verbal & written communication skills are required.
Detail-oriented and high quality work is key to success in this role.
Must be able to work well in a fast paced setting and be a good multi-tasker.
Flexo Machine Operator - 2Nd Shift
This position will report to the 2nd Shift Production Supervisor
- Lift up to 25 lbs alone and up to 50 lbs assisted.
- Stand for up to ten hours.
- Primary duty is to set up, operate, troubleshoot and power down a 50” Flexo Press.
- The operator will also direct the crew performing their individually assigned tasks.
- Position requires high degree of mechanical aptitude to effectively run the machine to established run speeds while ensuring quality.
- Set feed section, mount printing plates, adjust anilox and substrate pressures, set pull collars, set scores, set slotter heads, set glue head and adjust stacking section.
- Exercise care in mounting, maintaining and storing print plates.
- Possess complete understanding of corrugated properties such as flutes, liners, mediums and calipers.
- Possess complete understanding of manufacturing standards including joint gap widths, slot depth, print and die cut registration, scoring allowances, crush and overall carton dimensions.
- Participate in inventories and work overtime as necessary.
- Obey all safety procedures. Report accidents and unsafe acts.
- Follow all work instructions established for the 50” Flexo Press.
- Read a tape measure, write clearly and perform basic math.
- Read and interpret job ticket specification sheets and ratios.
- Perform general housekeeping of a workstation.
- Identify, segregate, label and quarantine defective materials.
- Complete accurate production paperwork including: start and end run time, number of units produced and total quantity completed.
- Input accurate daily production into a touch screen that is online with a central computer system.
- Affix proper load tags with correct counts on both in process and finished goods.
- Work in other areas when necessary as determined by Supervisor.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 2-3 years of previous experience as a machine operator; preferrably in a packaging/manufacturing environment
- Work Schedule will be 2nd Shift, Monday thru
Friday, 3pm - 11pm
Premier offers a competitive wage, complete benefit package including health, dental, life, and disability insurance, paid vacation and holidays, as well as a company sponsored 401k retirement program.
Job Description Kelly Services is proud to partner with Colwell Industries in Kendallville Indiana to hire friendly, upbeat, positive minded people. Some duties will include Accurately reading a job ticket, locate material and set up machine Inspect cut material for good quality, inspect die/blade sharpness, size and position of print on cards and chips. operate a guillotine cutter, DC11, slitter and steel rule cutter and make blade changes.
Label product. Must be able to lift 50 pounds, do basic math and read a ruler. Hours are 6am - 230pm and will include overtime as needed. Call Kelly Services at 260-927-9034 or email 2517@kellyservicescom
? At Kelly Services ® , we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100 ™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
® As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion.
Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter . Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Press Brake Machine Operator C (2Nd/3Rd Shift)
Why Join Altec?
If youre considering a career with Altec, Inc., theres never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength.
Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. Thats why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and thats why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
At Altec, advanced technology efforts are aimed, without exception, at helping customers work Safer and Smarter. Altec invests more resources than any other manufacturer in the advancement of safety, reliability, uptime and low cost of ownership.
Our Values Sustain Our Vision:
Altec continues to pursue a singular vision: To be recognized by customers as the preferred supplier of products, services and solutions in all markets we serve. Our values sustain that vision, our goals build upon it and our associates help to achieve it. Altecs values are the cornerstone of our corporate culture and every Altec associate is considered an integral part of Team Altec.
Our Values (in alphabetical order): Customer First, Enjoyment of Work, Family, Financial Stability, Integrity, People Are Our Greatest Strength, Quality, Spiritual Development, Teamwork.
POSITION SUMMARY: Set up, operate, or tend machines to cut steel material.
Follow all safety regulations for the individual as well as other employees, including keeping the work area clean and in orderly condition as well as wearing all appropriate safety attire for the job that is being performed.
Measure completed work pieces to verify conformance to specifications, calipers and square measuring tools.
Examine completed work pieces for defects such as chipped edges and marred surfaces, and sort defective pieces according to types of flaws.
Read work orders and production schedules to determine specifications, such as materials to be used, locations of cutting lines, and dimensions and tolerances.
With the aid of mechanical lifting devices, loads work pieces into machines.
Start machines, monitor their operations, and record operational data.
Test and adjust machine speeds and actions, according to product specifications, and using gauges and hand tools.
Clean out barrel when it is full of dust.
Ensure the correct tips/blades to cut the steel are positioned in the machine.
Download the specified job on the computer and print it out.
Inspect the chains that carry the steel sheets for defects.
Unload sheet steel from trucks outside.
Check the sheet steel before running through machine.
If a forklift operator license is obtained, drive the forklift to dump scrap steel in proper disposal bins.
Clean and lubricate machines.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
EXPERIENCE: Machine Operator experience preferred.
TOOLS: Hand tools, measuring tools.
EQUIPMENT/MACHINES: Computer, overhead crane, grinders. Including magnetized lifting devices used in conjunction with cranes, both bridge and jib.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS: Basic computer knowledge, machinery knowledge, ability to read and interpret blueprints, troubleshooting skills
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
Retirement 401(k) Program
Vacation and Holidays
Flexible Spending Accounts
Tuition Assistance Program
Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.
Screen Print/ Machine Operator
Requisition Number 18-0019 Post Date 1/12/2018 Title Screen Print/ Machine Operator City Memphis State/Province TN Description Visit our website at: http://www.bunzldistribution.com
To see why customers value Bunzl,
. Your career path has many avenues available for you to succeed. Are you looking to advance at a rate that matches your ambition and skill set? At Bunzl, we understand and want to invest in you. With our multi-career options, you’ll not only be able to find the adventure you are looking for today, but can be confident that new opportunities will be there for advancement in your future. At Bunzl, we know that our employees are our number one asset. We seek to recruit and retain the right people who are passionate about our business and we provide opportunities for our employees so that they may progress within our company based on their talents, experiences, and their aptitude. BUNZL IS KEEPING BUSINESSES MOVING Under general supervision this position produces screened goods on polyesters, polyester/cotton blends and Mod acrylic garments with attention to detail and high quality standards. The screener must be able to prepare, set up to print orders (multi colors) on cut pieces and finished goods from start to finish.
- Position garments against guides + Pour paint into screen frame and draws squeegee across screen to transfer design to object + Register orders with multicolor + Mix paint according to standard formulas + Examine printed objects for defects + Take accountability with all work orders assigned + Identify any orders with discrepancies in quantity, style, artwork, color, positions of logo, sizing issues and report to all pertinent parties before processing order + And/or other duties as assigned Requirements + 1-2 years of silk screen printing using Vastexmulti-color manual carrousel printing press + Must be responsible and able to work in a team environment + Active learning and listening skills + Good communication skills and excellent attention to detail + Multitask and stay organized + Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principals involved in screen printing + Ability to stand for 8 hours or more per day per shift + Able to lift up to 30 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations So, what are you waiting for? A new career awaits you with endless opportunities. Bunzl is a global leader in the Cleaning & Hygiene, Food Processing, Grocery, Health Care, Non-Food Retail, and Safety industries. We have grown both organically and through acquisitions to sales in excess of $10 billion. Bunzl North America is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri. Bunzl North America owns and operates more than 100 warehouses and serves all 50 states, Puerto Rico, Canada and parts of the Caribbean and Mexico. With more than 4,800 employees and 400,000 plus supplies, Bunzl is regarded as a leading supplier in North America. Bunzl Distribution offers competitive salaries, a comfortable work environment, and a full range of benefits including a 401k with a company match. Bunzl Distribution has a tradition of commitment to equal employment opportunity. It is the established policy to attract and retain the best qualified people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status as provided by law. To join our Talent Network:
Click Here at http://bunzldistribution.jobs.net/join
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!