Cut Lace Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Die Cut Operator
QuadPackaging is one of the country's fastest growing packaging companies, with state-of-the-art facilities in the United States, Latin America, Asia and Europe. QuadPackaging's customer-centric consultative approach focuses on innovation, quality and cost-effectiveness. Our revenue-generating solutions include high-end folding cartons, labels, inserts and custom packaging that make our customers' packages stand out on the retail shelf
The Die Cutter Machine Operator efficiently performs set-up and operates machines that die cut blank and/or pre-printed stock. Responsibilities include confirmation of accuracy and completeness of order, dies, set-up and installation, paper stock, and the load and feed of paper, and the effectiveness and accuracy of cutting, staging completed work per instructions, and area maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Follow all Company policies, procedures and guidelines as well as take actions that support team work, safety, contamination control, and efficiency
Follow the pre-production, make ready, and production run tasks.
Operate powered equipment
Occasionally train workers on the Die Cutting Machine operations, including the feeding and take off functions.
Ensure the work area is clean, and that non-conforming, over-runs, and/or waste are delivered to the appropriate repository.
Cross-train as assigned
Follow and adhere to all Personal Protective Equipment rules and regulations
Perform other responsibilities as assigned
Be able to perform work related math functions (which includes the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide)
Accurately read and use measuring devices
Experience with hand tools
Have sufficient skill and experience with troubleshooting
Must be able to multi-task
Must be able to lift 10-15 pounds continuously, and lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
Have the ability to stand long hours, stop, crouch, kneel, crawl, climb and use hands and wrists continuously in controlled movement
Good verbal and written comprehension, with ability to receive and follow instructions
Ability to thrive in a team environment and work independently with minimal supervision
Must be able to work overtime
Experience with Bobst/Heidelberg Die Cut Machinery
Some supervisory experience a plus
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Machine Operator Apprentice
Reports To: Supervisor and Plant Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Responsible for all activities associated with running a Flexo or Rotary Die Cutter including: setup, operation, cleanup, and recommending improvements to operations.
Sets up and runs the Load Former, feeding the machine
Reviews job tickets, print cards, and quality inspection paperwork with machine Captain
Sets up and operates the pre-feeder.
Reads job order and mounts specified rubber print plate and printing dies on cylinder.
Installs cylinder on shaft, and secures assembly in bed of press.
Fills dye fonts with prescribed inks or dyes.
Moves levers to engage dye rolls, adjusting position of cylinder to print two or more colors without overlapping or smearing previously printed area.
Starts press, adjusting speed, tension, and alignment of printing plate as necessary.
Cuts sample of printed material from end of printed roll and inspects for imperfections, such as blurred or off-center impressions.
Cleans rubber plate, cylinder, and dye fonts, using solvent, and lubricates press as needed, using grease gun.
May mix inks or dyes to produce desired colors.
Sets up rails, print, and die cut section on machinery accurately in accordance with proper setup techniques.
Inspects all dies before and after run to ensure that any necessary repairs are made before the next run.
Ensures all bolts for cutting dies are in place and tightly secured.
Monitor box quality, including, but not limited to, loose liner, warp, correct size, and print.
Checks anilox rolls for damage.
Maximizes the utilization of equipment by operating the machinery at available capacity and speed.
Cross trains and assist Helpers, Stackers, and Bundlers with job duties on the machine.
Cross-train on other machines.
Completes necessary reports in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to: Production Data,
Machine Operational Status, Safety Data, Quality Data. Turn in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed repairs.
Must be proactive in the maintenance of equipment.
Switches duties with stacker as necessary.
Complies with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
Adheres to production schedule. Makes recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals.
Reports any issues to Supervisor.
Adherence to company policies, including its attendance is essential.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
One year certificate from college or technical school; or 2-3 to years related experience and/or training. Previous experience in a manufacturing environment or similar industry experience preferred.
Boxes, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
2nd and 3rd Shift Only- 2nd Shift 3pm- 11pm & 3rd Shift 11pm- 7am
Compensation: $15.00 Per Hour
Reports to: Production Lead; Production Manager
Sets up and operates a production machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines. These must all meet the specifications required by production instructions (PI). Adjusts machine settings to complete tasks accurately according to specifications and in a timely manner. Operates a computer and barcode scanner.
Operate and tend equipment or machinery to perform product assembly or fabrication
Summary of essential job functions
Operate manual and/or automatic machines, operate computers and barcode scanners. This position includes the following functions:
Hose cutting: Full cutting instructions can be found in assembly standard ABF-W-A-008-0.
Pressure testing –Full pressure testing instructions can be found in assembly standard ABF-W-A-013-0
Crimper – Entry Level – Full crimping instructions can be found in assembly standard ABF-W-A-011-0
Meeting or exceeding all team production goals on a consistent basis.
Observing equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected and management be notified immediately. .
Wearing all required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
Performing general cleanup and maintenance of your work area.
Minimum requirements and prerequisites
All- High school diploma or equivalent; company indoctrination including machine operation and safety instruction.
Be able to stand for extended periods; be able to hear and understand warning tones and verbal commands; have basic computer skills; be able to lift up to 40 lbs. unassisted; be able to read and understand production instructions; be able to measure accurately using steel scales and angle meters. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed. All personnel must be available for overtime work according to the business needs of the company.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Press Brake / Machine Operator
Currently seeking an experienced Press Brake / Machine Operator for a local Salt Lake metal fabrication shop.
A qualified applicant for this Press Break operator position will have 3+ years’ experience working with various metals and press brake machines. Experience using cnc mechanical and hydraulic press brake machines is preferred.
Benefits of the Press Brake / Machine Operator position include:
- Start Wage: $18:00 - $24.00 an hour DOE
- Schedule: Monday – Thursday 4:00pm – 2:30am OT is available.
- This is a “direct-hire” opportunity.
- Full Benefits offered including medical, dental, vision, paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO).
Details of the Press Brake / Machine Operator position:
- Ability to safely and efficiently use mechanical & hydraulic press brake machines.
- Check equipment processing programs against work orders, drawings and pick tickets.
- Load, install and correctly set up the tooling required for each job and part.
- Setup, operate and position all pieces into the machine to match customer requirements.
- Demonstrate a full understanding of print reading and geometric tolerances and how they relate to the finished part.
- Demonstrate and apply an understanding of flat pattern layout.
- Check parts against calibrated devices to ensure the accuracy of bends.
- Load and operate the machine.
- Check quality against job specifications and report any deviation to the supervisor.
- Open to learning additional machinery and shop equipment.
- Capable of working in a team-oriented environment.
Requirements for the Press Brake / Machine Operator position:
- 3+ years’ experience with cnc mechanical & hydraulic press brake machines.
- 2+ years’ experience reading blueprints and cut sheets.
- CNC press experience is preferred. Laser cutter, sheer or other metal fabrication shop machine experience a plus.
- Experience using a wide variety of hand and power tools.
- Steady work history.
CNC Machine Operator - 3Rd Shift
Must have previous CNC machine operating experience where you had to program or enter job specs into a computer terminal!
Starting Pay Rate: Up to $14/hour Depending on experience
Third shift works Sunday-Thursday 7:30pm to 6am; Friday 6pm to 11pm (48 to 53 hours/week).
- MUST have woodworking experience.
- Must be familiar with industrial table saw operation.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances
- Programs mills by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Experience with setting up and operating a CNC machine
- Ability to read and interpret documents, blueprints, write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to understand general programming
- Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts
- Demonstrates mechanical aptitude
- Experience with basic measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers, surface plate checks and optical comparators
Immediate opening for a Machine Operator in the Brookville, OH area. This is a 1st shift position
CNC Machine Operator - Full Time - 1:00Pm To 9:00Pm
Zaniboni Lighting’s Mission is to inspire with world with beautiful lighting. Our vision of a brighter world begins with our beautifully designed lighting.
We believe that each one of us can make a difference, and that the passion and pride we put into our work every day brings about an infectious vibe of fun and excitement.
We are seeking like-minded individuals that want to contribute to our culture of confident, respectful and team spirited people geared towards expansion.
To operate one of our cutting-edge computer controlled machinery, including the latest CNC milling machines and CNC turning lathes that convert, through Cad/Cam interface, our engineer’s 3D drawings into the many components our products are made out of.
We have 2-Axis, 3-Axis and 4-Axis CNC Mill and Lathe machines, making simple pieces out of Aluminum and Stainless Steel.
Job Duties include, but not limited to:
- Maintain high productivity while producing quality parts.
- Responsible for in process inspection (utilizing calipers, micrometers)
- Must be able to work off of blueprints
- Use shop math in checking parts.
- Perform basic maintenance to the machines (clean and maintain, no mechanical repairs)
- Maintain the machine within the scope of its ability.
- Maintain all paperwork associated with producing the part and maintaining company records.
- Machine knowledge equivalent to one to two years of experience on CNC machines
- Apprenticeship or trade school required
- Working knowledge of shop math (Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry).
- Must know how to use calipers and micrometers
- Required Lifting: 30 Pounds; Lifting Frequency: Daily
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time (2-4 hours continuous)
We are a Florida Drug Free Workplace. The company requires all employees to complete a pre-employment 10 panel drug screen; employment status will be dependent on ability to pass this screening and partake on a quarterly random screen.
Hours, compensation and benefits:
Monday through Friday 1:00 PM to 9:00PM with two paid 15-minute breaks and a full un-paid lunch hour.
Salary for this positions is $14.00 per hour based on experience.
After a successful 90-day performance review and probationary period, employees become eligible for Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, paid holidays and paid time off that increase with longevity.
Temp To Hire Bindery Machine Operator
Set up, adjust and operate a variety of auxiliary binding machines containing several cutting heads, control surfaces or other attachments (i.e. inkjet and mailing devices, case making & decorating equipment, folders, cutters, collators, stitchers, drills, binding/gluing machines and/or set up automatic bindery machines containing multiple functions and station capabilities (power paper cutters, power collators and gatherers, power folders, power speed binder) which can be electromechanically combined with other equipment and devices to produce a complete bindery and finishing unit that processes printed sheets into final books, catalogs, manuals, directories, magazines or other completed products. Inspect equipment for safety issues.
May operate automatic adhesive binding machines (perfect binders) that contain numerous interrelated process stations that are fed collated sheets or signatures and perform such functions as vibrating, milling, roughening, gluing, covering and delivering or stacking completed books, magazines or catalogs. Make needed adjustments to coordinate the multiple workstations on a single machine. Direct crew though all aspects of production.
Monitor quality, output and productivity.
* Ability to stand for 8 hours
* Ability to work in a fast paced and diverse environment
* Demonstrate dependability/willingness to work
* Ability to lift 40 - 50 lb.
* Ability to bend, twist, lift freely and safely
Kelly Services takes great pride in our commitment to be the world-s best workforce solutions provider. We work with many leading companies and organizations in the area to provide the following employment arrangements:
Professional, Direct Hire, Temp to Hire and Temporary. Kelly employees are also Eligible for insurance benefits, service bonus plan, and many corporate discounts. All temporary positions are paid weekly, Money Network Card and Direct Deposit also available.
All of our needs are immediate and we are anxious to speak with you about the positions and get you working as soon as possible. Do not hesitate to stop by our office at 300 Granite Run Drive, Suite 100, Lancaster PA or contact me directly at 717-817-2089
Services®, we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune
100™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access
the best talent to drive their business forward.
If you only make one career connection today, connect
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people
around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of
talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.
]] Required: \r- Ability to stand for 8 hours \r- Ability to work in a fast paced and diverse environment \r- Demonstrate dependability/willingness to work \r- Ability to lift 40 - 50 lb. \r- Ability to bend, twist, lift freely and safely
In this role, you will be required to maintain active communication with co-workers and Maintenance Technicians for quality and production related issues. When necessary, elevate these issues to management or the appropriate personnel. Maintain the shift logs and QC records for the assigned areas.
Individual must work and comply to safety working standards, practice and all environmental regulations. Must adhere to all company rules and policies.
PRIMARY ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES - MACHINE OPERATOR
When assigned to the Operator position:
- $17/hour with a $.75/hour night shift differential
- Has the authority to stop the process to avoid making sub-standard product.
- Reads all SDS' and possesses thorough knowledge of all oil and chemical labeling and storage requirements.
- Operates and starts- up the machines
- Ability to identify problems and minor troubleshooting
- Delivery of materials to production floor.
- Ability to analyze, estimate workload and perform multi-tasking.
- Assist Maintenance Technicians in preventative maintenance procedures such as lubricating machinery
- Monitors processes and performs continuous image inspections and visual quality checks of the products to ensure acceptance standards are met.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to use material bar code scanners
- Understanding of First in, First out (FIFO)
- Be-able to follow work instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Prepares documentation as required.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area 5s. Understands department workflow, processes & detailed oriented.
- Excellent communication with co-workers both verbally and with good written skills.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/ Experience
- High School Diploma or GED (General Education Development) required.
- Physical Demands
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Stand and walk for extended amounts of time;
- Use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls;
- Reach with hands and arms;
- Talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
- The employee must regularly lift and/ or move anywhere from 25 pounds to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to work up to 12- hour shifts
- Required to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) such as but not limited to; hard hat, respirator, gloves, eye protection, steel toe boots, etc.
Must be able to work in a construction environment. Exposure to heat, dust, and noisy conditions.
Must be able to work in a clean room environment. Exposure to heat, dust, and noisy conditions.
LANGUAGE SKILLS - MACHINE OPERATOR
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS - MACHINE OPERATOR
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Work within the Metric and Standard systems of measurement.
Our business - and our approach - is personal
IntelliSource has 19 years of business process outsourcing experience – bringing innovative solutions through people, processes and technology to maximize Fortune 500 and fast-growth companies' operations and workforce management. IntelliSource has a proven track record as a trusted partner to its clients and associates - empowering businesses and people to reach their full potential.
IntelliSource is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against in any condition of employment because of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law. IntelliSource is a free service to you. We are an E-Verify Employer.
Folder/Gluer Machine Operator
KP LLC is looking for a Machine Operator in our Renton Facility to run the Signature Folder/Gluer machine.
Essential Duties and
- Assists with sets-up, maintenance, minor repair and operation of one machine.
- Operates and observe machine to detect malfunctions throughout the production run.
- Interprets job tickets or SOP’s accurately so jobs are completed per customer’s requirements.
- Selects samples and/or proofs for customer’s review, as requested.
- Sorts and prepares output for next step in process.
- Understands and follows safety and quality requirements.
- Ensures the team members have adequate materials, tools, and supplies.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Six months to one year related experience understanding and working with bindery, mail and/or finishing machines; and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of basic color and print experience a plus.
- Good verbal, written, listening and communication skills
- Uses self-management skills to plan, organize and prioritize work activities.
- Reviews all work carefully for completeness and accuracy.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
The employee must regularly lift/push/pull/move up to 15 pounds, frequently up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand or sit for extended periods of time, walk, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, stoop, and bend.
Find out more about KP LLC at kpcorp.com
KP offers competitive wage, full benefits, 401(k) with employer match, PTO (Paid Time Off) and 11 paid Company Holidays
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!