Cut Off Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Die Cut Operator - 12Hr Days & Nights - Indianapolis, IN
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Multi Packaging Solutions a WestRock Company - Printing and Packaging Jobs:The Printing Industry is healthy and growing! Find your Career in Printing with MPS! Currently seeking Die Cut Operators for our Printing Dept. Pay Range $20.00 - $29.40. Full Health Benefits after 30 days of employment! Career OpportunityResponsible for the performance of manual and machine tasks in the set up, maintenance, and operation of die cut equipment to accurately produce product to customer specifications. How you will impact WestRockGeneral knowledge and understanding of die cutting processes and equipment
Read job tickets to determine setup specifications and instructions
Observe and monitor machine operations to detect malfunctions and to determine whether adjustments are needed
Follow all standard operating procedures relevant to the job, position and department
Performs routine adjustments during the press run and maintain production throughout the run
Performs all assigned work effectively and on schedule
Follow instructions accurately
Maintain records of daily production, using specified forms
Record production information such as amount of time spent on specific tasks
Keeps work area neat and clean
Open machines and remove/replace damaged product, using hand tools
Train workers to set up, operate and use machines
Daily/weekly/monthly maintenance and troubleshooting
Assist Die Cut Pressmen with make-readiesCoordinate efforts as part of the team to provide assistance to all co-workers (in all departments) as needed to maximize production efficiencies
Follow established department policies, procedures, work instructions and safety and environmental guidelines
Performs other job duties as assigned
What you need to succeed
Knowledge of Bobst die cutting equipment preferred.Experience running board stock and paper on flatbed die cutters required.Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.Able to pass a basic reading test.Basic computer skills – data entry.Ability to perform basic arithmetic including additions, subtraction, multiplication and division.Able to maintain good attendance.Pass color vision test.Pass color hue test.Able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.Must be able to use pre-make ready table.Demonstrates ability to use rulers, calipers, micrometers and other inspection equipment.Demonstrates knowledge of size and location when beginning the nicking process.Demonstrates ability to recognize common packaging defects (cracking, sharpness, heavy scores, line-up, tearing, flat scores, one-sided scores, light cutting, loose fibers, pressure marks, etc.).Demonstrates ability to make a spotting sheet.Demonstrates ability to make stripping boards.Demonstrates knowledge of when and what type of rubber or cork to use.Demonstrates knowledge of how to use benders, bridgers, miters and cutters for reknifing.Demonstrates knowledge of adjustment process for tonnage on cutting.Demonstrates knowledge of when to use underlay or begin spotting.Demonstrates knowledge of operating the cube/manual tonnage.Demonstrates knowledge of 1mm counter plates.Demonstrates knowledge of using register pins for counters.Demonstrates knowledge and ability to repair dies by modifying creasing rules and cutting knives.Demonstrates knowledge of blind make-readies and what it entails.Demonstrates knowledge of counter plates, matrix, spotting tape, and underlaying.Willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.Able to perform all essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potentialA career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work. #INWestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Manual Cut Table Operator
The Manual Cut Table Operator contributes to but is not limited to cutting, rolling, and wrapping rolls/pieces of carpet.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Employee must load/unload rolls of carpet
Cut and/or wrap according to order
Make and palletize boxes according to order
Operated all equipment in the Department
Responsible for housekeeping and following all safety procedures.
Any other duties as assigned by management
Responsible for performing this job in a quality and productive manner.
Ability to meet and exceed productivity minimums
Performance Expectations (if applicable):
Minimum Supervision from Leadership
Good written and verbal communication skills
Keep work area clean and orderly, and observe prescribed safety precautions at all times.
Must be able to work at a fast steady pace.
Must be able to read a tape measure
Must be able to work a flexible schedule with short notice.
Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
Ability to apply decision making and problem solving skills
Will require a lot of bending and pulling
Ability to operate basic equipment and/or has limited equipment experience
High School Graduate or Equivalent
Prior cut rug experience prefer
Proficient ability to operate a Manual Cut Table
Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
Must have wolf knife experience.
Critical thinking and complex problem solving skills to identify alternative and correct solutions
Must be self-motivated and work well with others.
Must be able to read, write and speak in English.
Must have a basic understanding of cutting tools and processes
Must also have a good mechanical aptitude.
Machine Operator Ii-Structural Cut & Punch
At NCI, our strength and success lie in one another united in a single purpose:We Create Great Building Solutions Every Day.
NCI Building Systems, Inc. is one of North America's largest integrated manufacturers of metal products for the nonresidential building industry. NCI is comprised of a family of companies operating manufacturing facilities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico, with additional sales and distribution offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Job Title: Machine Operator II
The Machine Operator II must be able to set up and operate Bradbury line and Laser computerized equipment to punch, cut, and form component.The Machine Operator II must have thorough knowledge of production techniques and have the ability to produce quality-building parts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Knows and understands all safety rules and precautions necessary for working in and about a manufacturing environment.
Ability to set-up and operate machinery and equipment to cut, punch, form or paint quality finished or semi-finished parts.
Ability to operate computerized equipment and material handling equipment.
Perform routine preventive maintenance, adjustments and lubrication on equipment and production tools as required to maintain proper operation.
Mark part number, order number, number of pieces on parts.Attach identification tags as required for customer to have the ability to locate correct parts.
Knowledge of how equipment feeds other areas, Knowledge of how to stack properly to feed flange lines.
Interpret blueprints, specifications, and/or other technical data and select correct raw material or semi-finished parts.
Maintains continuous improvement practices in work area.
May be assigned additional projects and duties as designated by Team Leader.
To perform satisfactorily in this position, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made for employees with certain disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Knowledge of a manufacturing environment, one year of experience and/or training in specified job category such as Bradbury and Laser Operator as a Machine Operator
- Ability to read and comprehend documents including but not limited to policy manuals, safety rules/programs, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and simple correspondence, In addition, the ability to communicate information effectively one-on-one and in small group situations and settings is required.
Ability to perform general mathematic calculations including but not limited to addition, subtraction, multiplication, fractions, percentages,and division.
Some positions may require advance mathematics.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to perform work instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form a must.
In addition; the ability to solve problems, which involve multiple variables in a standard situation, is required.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Required to use power hand tools
Required to drive a forklift
Ability to work effectively to meet deadlines
Ability to work with a diversified work force
Ability to read different measuring devices (i.e. tape measure, protractor, micometer).
Offers of employment may be contingent upon passing a substance abuse screening test and/or criminal background check.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
The employee is frequently required to walk.The employee is frequently required to stand; sit; bend; stoop; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; lift; climb and/or balance essential tasks.
Specific vision abilities include close-up and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The employee may be required to enter areas that are near moving mechanical parts, with occasional exposure to hazardous chemicals, and extreme cold or heat.
The noise level in the work environment is considered moderate, and may require the use of hearing protection.
The employee will be required to utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when accessing certain manufacturing areas, (hard hat, gloves, welding jacket or weld bibs, safety glasses, welding hood and earplugs.)
Before initiating work at NCI Buildings Group, the employee is required to read and understand the position's Job Safety Analysis. The employee must wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and perform tasks in a manner consistent with NCI Buildings Group safety training, NCI Employee Manual and OSHA regulations.
Note: The statements included in this job description are intended to reflect, in general, the duties and responsibilities of this classification and are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive.
NCI is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Job Family Manufacturing
Pay Type Hourly
101 W South St, Monticello, IA 52310, USA
2nd and 3rd Shift Only- 2nd Shift 3pm- 11pm & 3rd Shift 11pm- 7am
Compensation: $15.00 Per Hour
Reports to: Production Lead; Production Manager
Sets up and operates a production machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines. These must all meet the specifications required by production instructions (PI). Adjusts machine settings to complete tasks accurately according to specifications and in a timely manner. Operates a computer and barcode scanner.
Operate and tend equipment or machinery to perform product assembly or fabrication
Summary of essential job functions
Operate manual and/or automatic machines, operate computers and barcode scanners. This position includes the following functions:
Hose cutting: Full cutting instructions can be found in assembly standard ABF-W-A-008-0.
Pressure testing –Full pressure testing instructions can be found in assembly standard ABF-W-A-013-0
Crimper – Entry Level – Full crimping instructions can be found in assembly standard ABF-W-A-011-0
Meeting or exceeding all team production goals on a consistent basis.
Observing equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected and management be notified immediately. .
Wearing all required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
Performing general cleanup and maintenance of your work area.
Minimum requirements and prerequisites
All- High school diploma or equivalent; company indoctrination including machine operation and safety instruction.
Be able to stand for extended periods; be able to hear and understand warning tones and verbal commands; have basic computer skills; be able to lift up to 40 lbs. unassisted; be able to read and understand production instructions; be able to measure accurately using steel scales and angle meters. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed. All personnel must be available for overtime work according to the business needs of the company.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
CNC Machine Set Up Operator
Must have CNC Experience
- Responsible for reading and interpreting blue prints including GD&T
- Read, write and edit programs in G-Code and other CAD/CAM software and identify areas of opportunity for program efficiency.
- Verify revision levels on method sheet, tooling sheet and router match, alerting Supervisor if discrepancies are found.
- Identify, document and dispose of scrap.
- Must setup and load material into a bar feeder/bar loader. Step through program and make offsets to complete a part to print specifications.
- Verify revision levels on router and method sheets.
- Install appropriate tooling and touch off.
- Change inserts, drill boring bars, etc. when needed and return all usable tooling to the tool crib. Recycle all Carbide tooling.
- Troubleshoot any production issue in regards to machining and getting assistance for program related issues.
- Add hydraulic oil and/or cutting fluids to the machine(s) when needed.
- Make appropriate offsets and/or speed and feed adjustments to program if needed to maintain part quality.
- Train others and share knowledge
- Obey all safety rules and stop work if continuing is unsafe or will create an unsafe condition. Report all safety concerns immediately.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Knowledge of CNC machine(s) setup
- Knowledge of inserts including wear characteristics, insert style (WNMG, VNMG, CCMT, etc), insert nose radius and grade of insert.
- Operate all aspects of the machines; (powering machines up and down, bar feed operation, restarts, faults, etc)
- Read and use calipers, micrometers and other measuring equipment
- Tooling knowledge and the ability to indentify types of tooling and tooling wear characteristics
- Programming knowledge and ability
- Excellent communication skills required
- Act with the utmost integrity, professionalism and positive attitude.
- Must be a team player.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of one (1) experience as a Conventional Machinist II or equivalent
- Basic Shop Math
- Advanced blue print reading
- Geometrical Dimensioning & Tolerance
- Experience using Calipers, Micrometers, Height Stands and Bore Gages.
- Must clearly demonstrate ability to set up multiple machines and pass an assessment prior to moving to in LG6
- Basic Valve School- 30 days
- While performing duties you may be required to stand, walk, stoop, bend, twist and/or lift up to 50 pounds throughout an entire shift. May be required to work more than 8 hours in a day or 40 hours in a week based on production needs.
- Exposed to manufacturing plant conditions and elements including but not limited to noise, dust, dirt, oil, and grease.
- PPE's will be required including safety glasses, ear plugs and/or safety shoes.
- May be required to work at different work stations as determined by business needs.
Process Operator - Machine Operator
Machine Operator – Process Operator, New Century, Kansas
Background & Purpose of the Job:
Unilever now Upfield, New Century, Kansas, is actively seeking multiple Machine Operators – Process Operators to join our manufacturing environment. The shift hours vary from 2nd shift (3:00pm to 11:30pm) to 3rd shift (11:00pm to 7:30am). All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply!
Who You Are & What You'll Do:
The Machine Operator - Process Operator will work safely by observing all safety rules including proper utilization of lock out and tag out procedures. The successful candidate will also operate the machinery that makes margarine and spreads. This includes performing quality verifications, troubleshooting problems with the equipment, basic repair, changeovers, sanitizing the equipment, and utilizing World Class Manufacturing methods of continuous improvement. This is an entry level position where the employee will be trained on our specific machinery.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
High school diploma, or, GED equivalent.
A minimum of 2 years of machine operation experience in a manufacturing setting.
Mechanical abilities and experience using hand tools.
Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Training in a related technical field (Industrial Manufacturing, General Maintenance) is preferred.
The ability to work either 2nd or 3rd shift hours.
Upfield is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Machine Operator Blow Molding
By following our instincts and our passion for the outdoor lifestyle, Hemisphere Design Works has merged with another great company and lands us one of North America’s largest lines of all-season recreational products. We specialize in making water vessels that run on HUMAN POWER!
Each product is made to deliver performance, value, and ease of use that allows our customers to take control on the water and live out their outdoor adventures.
Will you be the HUMAN POWER that FUELS the production of high-quality water vessels that exceed our customers’ expectations?
DIRECT HIRE STARTING POSITION PAY:
- C Operator ($16+) 1-3 years machine operator experience
- B Operator ($18+) 3-5 years machine operator experience
- A Operator ($20+) 5 + years machine operator experience
1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts available. Shift premium provided to off shifts.
Blow Molding machine operators will work under the direction of the production senior lead/supervisor to ensure that the company produces the highest quality products safely and efficiently. The blow molding machine operator will be responsible for operating, setting up, troubleshooting, and maintaining machines throughout the shift.
- Set up and operate blow molding machine to mold plastic products according to specifications: Turn valves to start flow of water and release air pressure to machine.
- Moves machine controls to set timing unit and temperature of heating unit and start automatic feed mechanism.
- Adjust machine mandrel and align mandrel with mold chamber, using wrenches.
- Start molding machine that automatically feeds material from mixing unit to mandrel and to mold chamber.
- Closes chamber to mold product under heat and pressure.
- Regrind excess material and unsatisfactory product for reuse, using grinding machine.
- May weigh completed work-piece to determine accuracy of machine operation.
- All candidates who have received a written offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre employment drug screening and a pre employment background check which will determine eligibility for employment
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Monitor/Assess performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Strong communication skills
- Critical Thinking- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension- Understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Manage one's own time and the time of others.
- Repair machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Opportunity for growth! Our supportive teams are dedicated to professional development and offer many opportunities to expand your knowledge, allowing you to advance during your career with us!
- Medical -with access to MedNow 24/7 Virtual Care- Dental, and Vision Plans
- 401 K with employer match
- Positive-Friendly Culture with a casual dress code
Pay Rate: $22/Hour
Schedule: 3rd shift
Standard Background Check
Targeted Start: ASAP
Production Technician – Level C is responsible to help support the operational effectiveness of Fiber Production. S/he will operate production equipment, maintain tooling and equipment, transfer consumable materials from inventory to production, and support in special projects as required. The Level C Technician will work directly with the Team Leader to ensure operational goals and objectives are either met or exceeded.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate 3D printers
- Operate plastic extruder
- Install tooling and initiate fiber production when a line needs to be started.
- Enter process information into production computer.
- Alter consumable materials.
- Monitor operational equipment.
- 3 years experience with heavy machinery
- Can work on your feet and multi-task through different projects and assignments
- Good vision
- Can lift 50+ lbs 2-3 times per shift
- Strong attention to detail
- Parameter recording and data recording experience
- Comfortable wearing PPE and working around heated surfaces
- USMC MOS 63XX, 64XX,06XX,2871
- All Electronics Technician Navy Enlisted Classifications
- Army MOS 94F 15N
- Air Force 2A5X3
- Technical skills: ability to set up test equipment as defined by a documented Test Procedure.
Please send your resume in a Word or PDF format for immediate consideration.
Part Time Machine Operator
People who succeed at Royal are those who share the values of our company: Integrity. Stewardship. Teamwork. Hard work. Excellence.
We're committed to being the employer of choice. Our goal is to build a culture of commitment where everyone is respected and valued. Where everyone participates. Where everyone matters. We give our employees the responsibility -- and the authority -- to make decisions. We try to provide the best possible work environment. We encourage creativity. We applaud ingenuity. We reward problem solving. And we recognize that we are only a part of our employees' lives. Our culture embraces the family. We celebrate accomplishments -- both inside the workplace and out. We aim to replicate the family structure on the manufacturing floor by establishing work teams committed to one another -- and to our customers.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply today! Royal offers a competitive wage and benefit package - including quarterly bonuses based on profitability, outstanding health insurance, ownership in the company through our ESOP (retirement) plan, and much more.
In this role, you will be required to maintain active communication with co-workers and Maintenance Technicians for quality and production related issues. When necessary, elevate these issues to management or the appropriate personnel. Maintain the shift logs and QC records for the assigned areas.
Individual must work and comply to safety working standards, practice and all environmental regulations. Must adhere to all company rules and policies.
PRIMARY ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES - MACHINE OPERATOR
When assigned to the Operator position:
- $17/hour with a $.75/hour night shift differential
- Has the authority to stop the process to avoid making sub-standard product.
- Reads all SDS' and possesses thorough knowledge of all oil and chemical labeling and storage requirements.
- Operates and starts- up the machines
- Ability to identify problems and minor troubleshooting
- Delivery of materials to production floor.
- Ability to analyze, estimate workload and perform multi-tasking.
- Assist Maintenance Technicians in preventative maintenance procedures such as lubricating machinery
- Monitors processes and performs continuous image inspections and visual quality checks of the products to ensure acceptance standards are met.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to use material bar code scanners
- Understanding of First in, First out (FIFO)
- Be-able to follow work instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Prepares documentation as required.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area 5s. Understands department workflow, processes & detailed oriented.
- Excellent communication with co-workers both verbally and with good written skills.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/ Experience
- High School Diploma or GED (General Education Development) required.
- Physical Demands
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Stand and walk for extended amounts of time;
- Use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls;
- Reach with hands and arms;
- Talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
- The employee must regularly lift and/ or move anywhere from 25 pounds to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to work up to 12- hour shifts
- Required to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) such as but not limited to; hard hat, respirator, gloves, eye protection, steel toe boots, etc.
Must be able to work in a construction environment. Exposure to heat, dust, and noisy conditions.
Must be able to work in a clean room environment. Exposure to heat, dust, and noisy conditions.
LANGUAGE SKILLS - MACHINE OPERATOR
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS - MACHINE OPERATOR
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Work within the Metric and Standard systems of measurement.
Our business - and our approach - is personal
IntelliSource has 19 years of business process outsourcing experience – bringing innovative solutions through people, processes and technology to maximize Fortune 500 and fast-growth companies' operations and workforce management. IntelliSource has a proven track record as a trusted partner to its clients and associates - empowering businesses and people to reach their full potential.
IntelliSource is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against in any condition of employment because of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law. IntelliSource is a free service to you. We are an E-Verify Employer.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!