Cut Off Saw Operator Ii Job Description Sample
Bobst Die Cut Operator
Must have 5 years minimum experience on Bobst Die Cutter. Position open for a second shift operator in Burlingame CA. CONTACT Paul Vagadori at 650 692 6600. ext 857
Brausse Die Cut Operator
Responsible for the performance of manual and machine tasks in the set up, maintenance, and operation of die cut equipment to accurately produce product to customer specifications.
Read job tickets to determine setup specifications and instructions
Performs routine adjustments during the press run and maintain production throughout
the press run
Follow instructions accurately
Record production information such as amount of time spent on specific tasks
Open machines and remove/replace damaged product, using hand tools
Coordinate efforts as part of the team to provide assistance to all co-workers (in all
departments) as needed to maximize production efficiencies
Qualifications and Work Environment:
Must have a high school diploma or a G.E.D.
Experience running board stock and paper on flatbed die cutters required.
Must have basic computer skills – data entry.
Must pass color vision test.
Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or
have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience
Demonstrates ability to recognize common packaging defects (cracking, sharpness,
heavy scores, line-up, tearing, flat scores, one-sided scores, light cutting, loose fibers,
pressure marks, etc.).
Demonstrates ability to make stripping boards.
Demonstrates knowledge of how to use benders, bridgers, miters and cutters for
Demonstrates knowledge of when to use underlay or begin spotting.
Demonstrates knowledge of 1mm counter plates.
Demonstrates knowledge and ability to repair dies by modifying creasing rules and
Demonstrates knowledge of counter plates, matrix, spotting tape, and underlaying.
Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Responsiveness / Urgency – Responds to requests for service in a timely and thorough manner; Does what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction; Personally responsible; Works hours necessary to complete assigned work; Is regularly present and punctual, arriving prepared for work; Is committed to doing the best job possible
- Communication – Writes and speaks effectively; Demonstrates openness and honesty; Listens well; Asks questions to ensure understanding; Regularly updates manager on progress of tasks and assignments
- Adaptability / Flexibility – Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; Performs a wide variety of tasks and changes focus quickly as demands change; Manages transitions from task to task effectively
- Service Attitude – Positive “Yes, I will help you with that.” attitude with all team members, customers, and vendors. Customer (internal and external) focused; Responds promptly to requests; Solicits feedback to improve service; Meets commitments; Willing to go above and beyond to provide extraordinary service.
- Teachable – Listens to instructions carefully and completes tasks accordingly; Lifelong learner attitude; Seeks out opportunities to learn new skills; Learns from mistakes and approaches them with humility and ownership
- Planning/Organizing– Arranges oneself and surroundings to achieve greater efficiency; Uses time efficiently
- Initiative - Seeks increased responsibilities; Plans work and carries out tasks; Identifies problems and immediately notifies manager; Communicates ideas for improvement to manager for consideration
Note: This job description does not list all of the duties of your job. You may be asked by managers to perform other tasks and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or Vivid Impact may terminate your employment at any time, for any reason.
Die Cut Operator - 2Nd Shift
HM Graphics, Inc., a nationally recognized sheet-fed printer specializing in dimensional marketing pieces has an immediate opening for a FULL-TIME 2nd SHIFT position as a DIE CUT OPERATOR.
Do you possess 3-5 years operating experience on die cutting equipment, can set-up jobs independently, and perform required maintenance on equipment?
- Die cuts, strips and blanks printed sheets on Iberica Platen press;
- Completes make readies to ensure correct set up of dies and equipment as well as proper placement of cuts, scores, matrix, folds, glue tabs, etc.;
- Ability to make basic alterations to dies;
- Runs the job according to specifications, approved samples, and quality standards;
- Maintains quality standards;
- Develops and maintains the skills to set up dies, nick dies, set up stripper and blanker;
- Must possess the ability to work without supervision and make decisions to maximize productive output and quality control;
- Performs routine and preventative maintenance on assigned machines;
- Performs all job duties in accordance with all federal, state, local, and company safety rules;
- Completes all required production records.
This is a second shift position. 2:30 pm- 11:00 pm.- Will require short training period on 1st shift.
Serving as creative consultants to our many Fortune 100 clients, we consistently deliver creative solutions, award-winning quality, and "one-stop shopping" - all at a competitive price.
When our clients choose HM Graphics, they know they're not only getting our best, but the best that the industry has to offer.
Die Cut Operator
About WestRock About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com . Die Cut Operator- 3rd Shift- Dallas, Tx 13465 Jupiter Rd Dallas, Texas, 75238 United States
: Responsible for the performance of manual and machine tasks in the set up, maintenance, and operation of die cut equipment to accurately produce product to customer specifications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Maintains general knowledge and understanding of die cutting processes and equipment.
Reads job tickets to determine setup specifications and instructions.
Observes and monitors machine operations to detect malfunctions and to determine whether adjustments are needed.
Follows all standard operating procedures and instructions relevant to the job, position and department accurately.
Performs routine adjustments during the press run and maintains production throughout the run.
Performs all assigned work effectively and on schedule.
Records daily production information, such as amount of time spent on specific tasks, using specified forms.
Keeps work area neat and clean.
Opens machines and removes/replaces damaged product, using hand tools.
Trains workers to set up, operate and use machines.
Performs scheduled maintenance and troubleshooting.
Coordinates efforts as part of the team to provide assistance to all co-workers (in all departments) as needed to maximize production efficiencies.
Follows established department policies, procedures, work instructions and safety and environmental guidelines.
Perform other job duties as assigned
Three years’ manufacturing experience with operating equipment comparable to that in our facility.
Knowledge of Bobst die cutting equipment preferred.
Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Must have basic computer skills (data entry, etc.).
Must pass color vision test.
Must pass color hue test.
Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
Must pass ruler test.
Must have the ability to perform basic arithmetic including additions, subtraction, multiplication and division.
Must be able to maintain good attendance.
Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. #TX
What we offer: ·Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence ·Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities ·An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential ·A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work. WestRock-MPS Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans. Using the paste from word feature, please insert your position content in this field using the WestRock standard posting format which can be found on the HR resource site: https://westrockco.sharepoint.com/sites/HRResourcesite/TA/Source/SitePages/Home.aspx . Please DO NOT include a header or position title and location and BE SURE TO REMOVE THIS INSTRUCTION TEXT BEFORE POSTING Production/Manufacturing WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Die Cut Operator
Die Cut Operator
The Die Cut Operator is responsible for safely running the Die Cut machines including machine operation, setup, scheduled preventative and minor machine maintenance/repair, product quality, housekeeping, sanitation, and documentation.
Primary Duties and
Run equipment at established rates, continuously monitor machine performance, clear jams, perform quick change at the feeder, and document any variables that may cause machine slowdown
Maintain production schedule to meet cost, quality and customer service goals
Complete required tooling setups in accordance with best practices established by the department and resolve tooling issues during production run
Perform equipment/machine operation inspections including examining the die for defects
Troubleshoot machine faults on the die cut machine control panel to make machine specific adjustments, clear jams, and return machines to production ready running condition
Perform both preventative and machine specific scheduled maintenance tasks on the Die Cut machine and assist Die Cut Operator 2 with machine and die repairs
Inspect product quality as individual loads are ejected from the machine and make necessary modifications at the die to correct any quality issues caused by the die cutting process; ensure bad product is removed; and notify the Supervisor and the Quality Department of any quality issues
Complete documentation using the Quality Control Check Form to documents quality inspection of product, the Die Cutting Production Log to document machine performance and downtime issues, and the Pre- Operation Form to document machine inspection
Use data entry system to enter all loads inserted into the machine
Print out corresponding loads tags, inspect load tag for accuracy, and place loads tag on cut loads
Perform daily housekeeping activities and lead and perform full machine sanitation as scheduled.
Assist with cyclone jam clearance
Train the other Die Cutter Operators as required
Comply with all company policies and procedures including GMP, PPE, HACCP, LOTO, and JSA regulations
Responsible for ensuring, where applicable, the product safety, quality, regulatory compliance and legality of all products produced and sold
Required Skills and Education:
Education: High School, Technical School
Experience: 2 years’ experience operating and performing preventative and minor maintenance on a platen die cutter or equivalent equipment
Certifications/ Licenses: Must successfully complete fork-lift certification requirements
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Operate manual hand jack and electric pallet jack. Knowledge of the use hand tools and the ability to use hand tools. Knowledge of product layout and product specifications. Knowledge of machine operation, mechanical systems, and electronic machine controls. LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, understand, and comprehend Safety Rules; operating and maintenance instructions; quality procedures/quality check lists; and production data log. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Basic mathematics (i.e. counting and basic calculations to add, subtract, multiply, and divide). Ability to use and read a tape measure. Ability to perform calculations for measuring and calculating amounts.
LBP is widely known for its hot beverage solutions such as the original Coffee EarthSleeve® hot cup sleeve, Beverage on the MoveTM insulated beverage to-go carrier and THERMO GRIPTM double-wall hot cups.
Cut To Length Operator
Chattanooga company seeking Cut to Length operators to accurately and efficiently produce the highest possible quality finished goods. Must be able to maintain a clean and organized work area, keep accurate data records in spreadsheets using Microsoft excel, Setup and operate a cut to length line, visually inspect product as it is being produced and take and record appropriate quality checks, report any issues or concerns to a supervisor.
2nd and 3rd shift available
- Micrometers and Calipers
- Basic computer skills (navigate between programs and multiple screens)
- Data entry
- Organizational skills
- Over head crane (not required but is a plus)
- R/F scanners (not required but is a plus)
- AS 400 system (not required but is a plus)
2Nd Shift Heidelberg Die Cut Press Operator
Are you interested in being part of a team that is passionate about printing unique products for all of life's most important celebrated events? Do you strive on quality and attention to detail? Carlson Craft has an opportunity for you. Carlson Craft, a leader in the print industry is seeking a Heidelberg Press Operator to die cut printed invitations and announcements for many events, holiday cards and more! Duties, Responsibilities, Key Accountabilities
Operate printing press to produce occasion items such as holiday cards, coasters, etc.
Inspects finished product for smears, stains, and uniform die cutting.
Periodically washes cylinder with solvent.
Changes die cuts per instructions.
Proofread product to ensure copy is correct.
May pull appropriate amount of stock for various orders.
Make adjustments to the machine as necessary. Position Requirements
Formal Education (minimum)
High School or equivalent
Prerequisite Work Experience
Printing industry knowledge a plus
Technical or Specialized Knowledge
Able to run other equipment in the additional finishing department
Attention to detail
Good organizational skills
Good eye-hand coordination
Ability to pick out fine details
Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
Ability to read a ruler
Die Cut Operator
Bobst Die Cutter Operator
Bobst104 ER Blanker
Full-Time | 2nd/3rd Shift Openings
Stating Pay Rate | $17/hr -$28/hr (Based on
Performs set-up and operate machines that due cut blank and/or pre-printed stock.
Responsibilities include confirmation of accuracy and completeness of order, Bobst 104 ER Blanker machine that can work on dies, set-up and installation, paper stock, and the load and feed of paper, and the effectiveness and accuracy of cutting.
High School Diploma or GED or equivalent education and/or training
Experience with hand tools
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
Have the ability to stand long hours, stop, crouch, kneel, crawl, climb
Good verbal and written comprehension, with ability to receive and follow instructions
Rotary Die Cut Operator
KapStone Paper and Packaging in Ontario, CA is actively seeking 2nd Shift Flexo Machine Operator to support our operations as we achieve world class performance levels! KapStone is a destination employer that provides a safe structured environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accurate and efficient set-up of the machine in accordance with proper setup techniques.
- Properly operate machine to run efficiently, produce quality products and maximize machine utilization
- Assist in training of other machine positions.
- Check quality of boxes during the run, including - mis-slotted boxes, loose liner, misprints, and any other defects.
- Complete necessary reports in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to: Production Data, Machine Operational Status, Safety Data, Quality Data.
- Turn in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed repairs. Be proactive in the maintenance of equipment.
- Adheres to production schedule. Makes recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals. Reports any unusual scheduling issues to Supervisor.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management
- Able to read and follow instructions on factory masters.
- Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy. Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, volume and rate. Able to apply concepts of high school math.
- Computer skills for job detail input
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form. Ability to deal with problems involving one or more concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Understanding of equipment function and capabilities that can be translated into efficient operation.
- Product layouts and production specifications.
- Product quality specifications.
- High School diploma or equivalent is preferred but not required.
- Basic math skills
- Read English
- Verbally communicate in English
- Write in English
- Use of a standard tape measure
Previous Work Experience:
External Applicants: A minimum of one year experience.
KapStone is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, age, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Die Cut Machine Operator
Die Cut Machine Operator
Madden Industrial Craftsmen is seeking an experienced die cut machine operator for a paper product manufacturer, including wrapping paper and specialty cardboard boxes, in Portland, Oregon.
Responsibilities of the Die Cutter:
• o Operation and maintenance of die cutting machinery to cut, crease, and score a variety of paper and cardboard materials.
• o Installation of cutting and stripping dies.
• o Assist lead and senior staff as required to meet goals of the team.
• o Quality checks on dimensions, print registration, and material test.
• o Assist with design and diemakers about die layout, verifies all paperwork for new orders is complete, check for correctness of new dies.
• o Notify lead of equipment problems and parts/tools needed.
• o Feeding of sheets or unloading of product for all die cutting equipment.
Requirements of the Machine Operator:
• o 5 years press experience
• o Knowledge of basic machinery and maintenance techniques.
• o Ability to lift 50 pounds
• o Ability to read, understand, and fill out work orders
• o Ability to work safely by yourself or as part of a team with knowledge of lockout/tagout
Compensation of the Machine Operator:
• o $18-20 DOE
• o Medical insurance
• o 401k w/ match
This position is 90 days temp to hire.
Specialties: Project Managers, Carpenters, Machinists, Welders, Electricians, Maintenance/Millwrights, Pipe Fitters, Mechanics, HVAC Technicians, Painters, Drafters, Groundskeeper, Designers, Building Maintenance and Heavy Industrial.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!