Cut Off Saw Operator Pipe Blanks Job Description Sample
Die Cut Operator - 2Nd Shift
HM Graphics, Inc., a nationally recognized sheet-fed printer specializing in dimensional marketing pieces has an immediate opening for a FULL-TIME 2nd SHIFT position as a DIE CUT OPERATOR.
Do you possess 3-5 years operating experience on die cutting equipment, can set-up jobs independently, and perform required maintenance on equipment?
- Die cuts, strips and blanks printed sheets on Iberica Platen press;
- Completes make readies to ensure correct set up of dies and equipment as well as proper placement of cuts, scores, matrix, folds, glue tabs, etc.;
- Ability to make basic alterations to dies;
- Runs the job according to specifications, approved samples, and quality standards;
- Maintains quality standards;
- Develops and maintains the skills to set up dies, nick dies, set up stripper and blanker;
- Must possess the ability to work without supervision and make decisions to maximize productive output and quality control;
- Performs routine and preventative maintenance on assigned machines;
- Performs all job duties in accordance with all federal, state, local, and company safety rules;
- Completes all required production records.
This is a second shift position. 2:30 pm- 11:00 pm.- Will require short training period on 1st shift.
Serving as creative consultants to our many Fortune 100 clients, we consistently deliver creative solutions, award-winning quality, and "one-stop shopping" - all at a competitive price.
When our clients choose HM Graphics, they know they're not only getting our best, but the best that the industry has to offer.
Die Cut Machine Operator
Die Cut Machine Operator
Madden Industrial Craftsmen is seeking an experienced die cut machine operator for a paper product manufacturer, including wrapping paper and specialty cardboard boxes, in Portland, Oregon.
Responsibilities of the Die Cutter:
• o Operation and maintenance of die cutting machinery to cut, crease, and score a variety of paper and cardboard materials.
• o Installation of cutting and stripping dies.
• o Assist lead and senior staff as required to meet goals of the team.
• o Quality checks on dimensions, print registration, and material test.
• o Assist with design and diemakers about die layout, verifies all paperwork for new orders is complete, check for correctness of new dies.
• o Notify lead of equipment problems and parts/tools needed.
• o Feeding of sheets or unloading of product for all die cutting equipment.
Requirements of the Machine Operator:
• o 5 years press experience
• o Knowledge of basic machinery and maintenance techniques.
• o Ability to lift 50 pounds
• o Ability to read, understand, and fill out work orders
• o Ability to work safely by yourself or as part of a team with knowledge of lockout/tagout
Compensation of the Machine Operator:
• o $18-20 DOE
• o Medical insurance
• o 401k w/ match
This position is 90 days temp to hire.
Specialties: Project Managers, Carpenters, Machinists, Welders, Electricians, Maintenance/Millwrights, Pipe Fitters, Mechanics, HVAC Technicians, Painters, Drafters, Groundskeeper, Designers, Building Maintenance and Heavy Industrial.
Die Cut Operator
Looking for a First Shift Die-Cut Operator in Fond du Lac, WI. Great Opportunity and 4-Day work-week!
Hours: 11:30am-10:00pm, Monday-Thursday
Pay: Flexible, based on experience
- Set up and operate Die Cut Machine
- Pack product
- Perform quality checks
- Maintain machine as needed
- Prior experience setting up and operating Die Cutters
- Steady work history
- Excellent verbal communication
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Re-Inspect Cut Machine Operator
Expectations Responsibility of assuring right color, quality, and size. Check for size to be cut.
Inspect carpet for any defect before being tagged, wrapped, and marked for shipment. Run inspection roll checking for defect and repair if possible. Cut 1 foot sample cuts for other department.
Operate lift truck. Observe and comply with all J+J policies and contribute to the J+J culture of a high performance workplace. Maintain a clean work area with materials well organized.
Work safely with complete adherence to all safety procedures. Demonstrate dependability and consistent, punctual attendance for all work assignments. Physical Requirements Standing and walking approximately 8 hours per shift.
Reaching to roll and cut carpet is required approximately 80 times per shift. Stooping is required 25 times per shift for 2 minute intervals. Must be able to distinguish colors and shades. Must be able to use scissors.
Die Cut Operator - 2Nd Shift
Tempt™ In-Store Productions is a Quad/Graphics company that produces in-store signage, point of purchase displays and large-format graphics. We put our retail expertise, creativity and world-class printing and finishing capabilities to work for our customers. We also integrate other Quad/Graphics solutions to help our customers develop multichannel campaigns that capture attention and drive sales.
Die Cutter Operator Tempt™ In-Store Productions (www.tempt-ing.com) is a Quad/Graphics company that provides in-store marketing materials and programs for many of the nation’s leading retailers and brand marketers. Tempt offers extensive production expertise and resources to develop attention-getting, sales-driving shopper marketing programs in conjunction with other Quad/Graphics solutions. From design and prototype services through large-format printing, finishing operations and customized kit packing, Tempt works with retailers and brand marketers to create a destination in-store.
Job Description Quad/Graphics is currently seeking an experienced 2nd Shift Die Cutter Operator to work in the Tempt In-Store Productions facility at Moorland Road in New Berlin. Operator is responsible for set up and operation of clam shell and rotary die cutting equipment.
The job duties for this position include, but are not limited to: • Perform machine set-up, including installation of dies. Inspect sample cuts to determine conformity to specifications and quality requirements. Monitor production from start to finish. • Preparation, storage and repair of dies. • Place finished work on designated pallets for next downstream process. • Move work-in-process to and from the machine via electric pallet jack or forklift. • Perform routine preventative maintenance and production adjustments on die cutting equipment as needed. • Read and understand job tickets.
Complete necessary job paperwork. • Report productivity achievements, waste/defects. Adhere to production schedule and quality requirements. • Direct up to 4 crew members. • Communicate effectively with supervisor, finishing operators, material handlers and co-workers. • Clean and maintain work area.
Education and Experience: • Prior die cutting experience and/or large format printing background preferred. • HS diploma or equivalent. • Strong math skills and knowledge of simple computer operations. • Ability to read, interpret and process written job instructions including those dealing with dimensions and quantity. • Mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills. • Experience with forklift operation and/or other material handling equipment a plus. Position is for Second Shift – 3:00pm to 11:30pm, with overtime as required .
Die Cut Operator
The Die Cut Operator is responsible for safely running the Die Cut machines including machine operation, setup, scheduled preventative and minor machine maintenance/repair, product quality, housekeeping, sanitation, and documentation.
Primary Duties and
Run equipment at established rates, continuously monitor machine performance, clear jams, perform quick change at the feeder, and document any variables that may cause machine slowdown
Maintain production schedule to meet cost, quality and customer service goals
Complete required tooling setups in accordance with best practices established by the department and resolve tooling issues during production run
Perform equipment/machine operation inspections including examining the die for defects
Troubleshoot machine faults on the die cut machine control panel to make machine specific adjustments, clear jams, and return machines to production ready running condition
Perform both preventative and machine specific scheduled maintenance tasks on the Die Cut machine and assist Die Cut Operator 2 with machine and die repairs
Inspect product quality as individual loads are ejected from the machine and make necessary modifications at the die to correct any quality issues caused by the die cutting process; ensure bad product is removed; and notify the Supervisor and the Quality Department of any quality issues
Complete documentation using the Quality Control Check Form to documents quality inspection of product, the Die Cutting Production Log to document machine performance and downtime issues, and the Pre- Operation Form to document machine inspection
Use data entry system to enter all loads inserted into the machine
Print out corresponding loads tags, inspect load tag for accuracy, and place loads tag on cut loads
Perform daily housekeeping activities and lead and perform full machine sanitation as scheduled.
Assist with cyclone jam clearance
Train the other Die Cutter Operators as required
Comply with all company policies and procedures including GMP, PPE, HACCP, LOTO, and JSA regulations
Responsible for ensuring, where applicable, the product safety, quality, regulatory compliance and legality of all products produced and sold
Required Skills and Education:
Education: High School, Technical School
Experience: 2 years’ experience operating and performing preventative and minor maintenance on a platen die cutter or equivalent equipment
Certifications/ Licenses: Must successfully complete fork-lift certification requirements
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Operate manual hand jack and electric pallet jack. Knowledge of the use hand tools and the ability to use hand tools. Knowledge of product layout and product specifications. Knowledge of machine operation, mechanical systems, and electronic machine controls. LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, understand, and comprehend Safety Rules; operating and maintenance instructions; quality procedures/quality check lists; and production data log. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Basic mathematics (i.e. counting and basic calculations to add, subtract, multiply, and divide). Ability to use and read a tape measure. Ability to perform calculations for measuring and calculating amounts.
LBP is widely known for its hot beverage solutions such as the original Coffee EarthSleeve® hot cup sleeve, Beverage on the MoveTM insulated beverage to-go carrier and THERMO GRIPTM double-wall hot cups.
Die Cut Operator
Bobst Die Cutter Operator
Bobst104 ER Blanker
Full-Time | 2nd/3rd Shift Openings
Stating Pay Rate | $17/hr -$28/hr (Based on
Performs set-up and operate machines that due cut blank and/or pre-printed stock.
Responsibilities include confirmation of accuracy and completeness of order, Bobst 104 ER Blanker machine that can work on dies, set-up and installation, paper stock, and the load and feed of paper, and the effectiveness and accuracy of cutting.
High School Diploma or GED or equivalent education and/or training
Experience with hand tools
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
Have the ability to stand long hours, stop, crouch, kneel, crawl, climb
Good verbal and written comprehension, with ability to receive and follow instructions
Cut To Length Operator
Chattanooga company seeking Cut to Length operators to accurately and efficiently produce the highest possible quality finished goods. Must be able to maintain a clean and organized work area, keep accurate data records in spreadsheets using Microsoft excel, Setup and operate a cut to length line, visually inspect product as it is being produced and take and record appropriate quality checks, report any issues or concerns to a supervisor.
2nd and 3rd shift available
- Micrometers and Calipers
- Basic computer skills (navigate between programs and multiple screens)
- Data entry
- Organizational skills
- Over head crane (not required but is a plus)
- R/F scanners (not required but is a plus)
- AS 400 system (not required but is a plus)
Die Cut Operator
Experience with Die cutting, Brand new 40" Bobst die cutter and 30" inch KLUGE Minimum 5 years experience required.
Be able to follow job docket, work instructions and possible lead on 2nd shift. Looking for a responsible lead to watch over the swing shift in our fast paced environment.
Brausse Die Cut Operator
Responsible for the performance of manual and machine tasks in the set up, maintenance, and operation of die cut equipment to accurately produce product to customer specifications.
Read job tickets to determine setup specifications and instructions
Performs routine adjustments during the press run and maintain production throughout
the press run
Follow instructions accurately
Record production information such as amount of time spent on specific tasks
Open machines and remove/replace damaged product, using hand tools
Coordinate efforts as part of the team to provide assistance to all co-workers (in all
departments) as needed to maximize production efficiencies
Qualifications and Work Environment:
Must have a high school diploma or a G.E.D.
Experience running board stock and paper on flatbed die cutters required.
Must have basic computer skills – data entry.
Must pass color vision test.
Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or
have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience
Demonstrates ability to recognize common packaging defects (cracking, sharpness,
heavy scores, line-up, tearing, flat scores, one-sided scores, light cutting, loose fibers,
pressure marks, etc.).
Demonstrates ability to make stripping boards.
Demonstrates knowledge of how to use benders, bridgers, miters and cutters for
Demonstrates knowledge of when to use underlay or begin spotting.
Demonstrates knowledge of 1mm counter plates.
Demonstrates knowledge and ability to repair dies by modifying creasing rules and
Demonstrates knowledge of counter plates, matrix, spotting tape, and underlaying.
Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Responsiveness / Urgency – Responds to requests for service in a timely and thorough manner; Does what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction; Personally responsible; Works hours necessary to complete assigned work; Is regularly present and punctual, arriving prepared for work; Is committed to doing the best job possible
- Communication – Writes and speaks effectively; Demonstrates openness and honesty; Listens well; Asks questions to ensure understanding; Regularly updates manager on progress of tasks and assignments
- Adaptability / Flexibility – Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; Performs a wide variety of tasks and changes focus quickly as demands change; Manages transitions from task to task effectively
- Service Attitude – Positive “Yes, I will help you with that.” attitude with all team members, customers, and vendors. Customer (internal and external) focused; Responds promptly to requests; Solicits feedback to improve service; Meets commitments; Willing to go above and beyond to provide extraordinary service.
- Teachable – Listens to instructions carefully and completes tasks accordingly; Lifelong learner attitude; Seeks out opportunities to learn new skills; Learns from mistakes and approaches them with humility and ownership
- Planning/Organizing– Arranges oneself and surroundings to achieve greater efficiency; Uses time efficiently
- Initiative - Seeks increased responsibilities; Plans work and carries out tasks; Identifies problems and immediately notifies manager; Communicates ideas for improvement to manager for consideration
Note: This job description does not list all of the duties of your job. You may be asked by managers to perform other tasks and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or Vivid Impact may terminate your employment at any time, for any reason.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!