Cutter And Paster Press Clippings Job Description Sample
Wide Format Digital Press And Digital Cutter (Zund) Operators
Classic Graphics seeks candidates to fill positions in Wide Format Imagining & Finishing at the Charlotte, NC plant.
· 1st shift (6:30 am – 2:30 pm)
· 2nd shift (2:30 pm – 10:30 pm)
We are seeking knowledgeable Wide Format digital press and digital cutter operators for Durst large format printers and Zund digital cutters.
Durst/Zund and/or digital experience is a plus but not required.
Press Operator daily tasks will include:
· Receives production information and job assignments. Reads all parts of job ticket to verify accuracy of order before print run.
· Ensure printed products color matches approved sample; makes correct press adjustments and/or communicates to prepress if adjustments are required to successfully match colors to samples as needed
· Perform quality checks according to established procedures to ensure high quality production.
· Machine maintenance
· Maintains equipment, cleanliness and organization of department.
Digital Cutter Operator daily tasks will include:
· Perform finishing including cutting, welding, sewing, and packaging for shipment
· Maintains equipment, cleanliness and organization of department
· Prior Wide Format digital press or digital cutter experience preferred, preferably in a high volume commercial environment
· Excellent math, reading, communication and documentation skills
· Computer expertise
· Ability to read a tape measure
· Interact and communicate with various individuals such as the immediate supervisor, other managers, staff and peers
· Good judgment
· Understanding of basic printing skills
· A good eye for color
· Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
· Must be able to operator pallet jack
· Must be able to stand for long periods of time, walk, bend, twist, stoop, kneel, and lift objects up to 50 lbs. frequently
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include overtime, shifts, hours, weekends and holidays
· Adheres to all established safety and housekeeping standards
· Ability to work in a fast pace environment
· Perform additional duties as assigned
Classic Graphics holds the following certifications:
o* ISO 9001:2008 - Manufacturing
o* ISO 27001 - Information Security
o* G7 Master Printer
o* Forest Stewardship Council
Die Cutter Operator- All 3 Shifts
JOB SUMMARY: Set up and run Die Cutter equipment. Clean and maintain equipment. Also must be able to meet or surpass production and quality standards.
1. Set- up make ready’s accurately and efficiently.
2. Have sample approved by customer
3. Have all jobs signed off by supervisor before running
4. Run production product
5. Maintain QC pulls
6. Clean and maintain equipment.
7. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
8. To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
9. Adhere to all SQF policy and procedures.
10. Understand and follow job ticket instructions.
- Organizes, directs temporary labor in working area as needed.
- Adhere to all QC Policies and Procedures.
- Accurate load tags
- Follow all GMP’s
- Communicates effectively in speaking, writing, and in listening.
- Keep other production employees informed as to shift plans and progress.
- Proactive mind-set and flexibility are important as well as the ability to work under just-in-time pressures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum High school Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Ability to take control of situations and follow them through to a successful end result.
- Ability to work well with all levels of management and peers.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Ability to effective function in pressure situations.
Working conditions are normal for a plant manufacturing packaging materials. Food safety practices are followed and upheld to the full extent. Work will involve lifting of raw materials, finished cases of product or even bags of refuse. You will be required to wear safety glasses during sanitation. While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to fingers, handle objects or things, feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk, and hear.
- Ability to work in a normal packaging atmosphere and the situations that it may expose (noise, temperatures, etc.).
- Ability to perform operational/manufacturing functions in order to keep the process viable. Requires bending, lifting, reaching and stretching.
- May be required from time to time to lift weight up to 50 lbs.
- May be required from time to time to push/pull up to 250 lbs.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Operate press
2. Work safely to prevent on-the-job injuries following safety procedures.
3. Place part on check fixture at take appropriate measurements. Records measurements on appropriate logs and charts.
4. Verify accuracy of water jets by calling robotics to run a first part run on cutter and having robotics approve the first cut.
5. Inspect part for quality issues and repairs/reworks.
6. Adjust mold/press compression timing and mold temperature as needed or instructed.
7. Clean molds as needed for making class “A” parts.
8. Conduct first part runs according to part specifications and log SPC charts to verify control limits, then receive supervisor approval.
9. Perform minor repairs on parts.
10. Report production numbers to shift supervisor.
11. Troubleshoot work-related problems by working together in a team to come up wit solutions.
12. Complete Mix Ratio Log three times per shift.
1. The job requires knowledge normally acquired through the completion of a high school diploma.
1. On the job training will be provided.
2. Safety training will be provided.
3. Training as needed to achieve the required skill levels.
1. Prior experience in manufacturing recommended.
Press Brake Operator
To setup and operate hydraulic and hydra mechanical press brakes PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME WITH DETAILS IN JOB EXPERIENCE AS A BRAKE PRESS OPERATOR
Essential Duties &
• Perform basic equipment setup
• Perform inspections using precision measuring and gauging equipment.
• Perform and document all Job/Routing procedures as directed.
• Perform material handling functions including packaging.
• Assemble, Load and Maintain Tooling, Fixtures, Jigs, Etc.
• Consistently maintain a neat and orderly work area.
• Demonstrate high standards of Personal Conduct, Dependability, Versatility and
Working knowledge of punch and die configurations, tip radius
Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence
math skills, working knowledge of computer systems
- Forklift Calipers Protractor Tape Calculator
- Pallet Jack Allen Wrench Box Cutter Gloves
- Cincinnati Press Brake, Amada, Acupress
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Sheet Metal Layout experience
Appropriate communication skills (Read, Write, Speak, Listen).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The noise level is moderate to high.
VimHR is ranked by The Phoenix Business Journal as one of the "Top 10" Employment Agencies in the valley and also earned a spot on the Inc 5000 list as one of the fastest growing private companies in America.
Web Offset Press Support Operator - Folding Cartons (3Rd Shift)
Do you enjoy working hands-on utilizing some of the best technology in the printing and packaging industry? Does accepting daily challenges and exceeding goals resonate with you? Belmark is seeking a Web Offset Press Support Operator to make plates, mount plates, stage dies and stripping drums, stage ink and assist Web Offset Press Operators, Web Offset Die Cut Operators and Web Offset Lead Operators. With a focus on innovation and customer satisfaction, our operators are able to work in a friendly environment with a potential to grow with the company. 3rd shift hours are from 10:00 P.M.
6:00 A.M., Sunday; 10:30 P.M.
6:30 A.M., Monday
Thursday. Belmark creates many of the labels, cartons, and flexible film we as consumers see daily when shopping for various items. Our primary markets are in the food and beverage industry. A nationally recognized company; our customers vary from small to large companies, and customer satisfaction is our primary goal. By following our company mission of speed-to-market, product development, service development and quality, we have created a company dedicated to our customers, and created a culture that values each of our employees.
Position Overview * Stage dies, stripping drums and inks.
Make plates, mount plates and mount blankets.
Assist press operator change over the press section as needed.
Assist die cut operator change over the die cutter as needed.
Pack cartons off die cutter as needed.
Position Requirements * Any combination equivalent to graduation from high school.
Ability to read, comprehend and follow simple written and oral instructions.
Knowledge of and the ability to utilize the English language fluently.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, decimals and fractions.
Ability to give, receive and analyze information.
Regular attendance is required. May be required to work some overtime. Belmark offers a friendly working environment with a competitive benefits package for eligible employees. Our benefits include:
Health, Dental, & Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Account * 401(k) & Profit Sharing Plan
Paid vacation, personal time & holidays
Employee Assistance Program
On-site Health Clinic
On-site Fitness Center
Location:* De Pere, WI
Operator Trim Press
Description/Job Summary Perform visual inspection of castings and operate trim press to remove excess material. Perform visual and dimensional inspection of castings using Statistical Process Control (SPC) techniques.
Mark defects and discard defective castings into the designated scrap box. Notify supervisor or Quality Assurance Inspector in case of ongoing or gross defect problems. Operate trim press to remove excess material.
Remove fins and other irregularities from castings using the chipper hammer, pedestal grinder, and hand-held grinders, if required. Adjust and change cutter head to proper specifications as necessary and record data on cutter head life. Arrange for machine repairs by contacting supervisor or Maintenance Department personnel, as necessary. Operate fork truck as required.
Brake Press Operator Or Punch Press Operator
Break press operator or punch press operator
metal fabrication machine shop
Us citizen or green card
High school diploma or GED is require
first-SHIFT (6am- 2:30 PM)
overtime as needed
Location: North Hollywood, California
(818) area code
salary: $17-18 per hour
direct hire with benefits - health insurance and 401K
Work 22, a Los Angeles, Ca.-based employment agency, recruites candidates for both direct hire and temp to hire Southern California jobs and nationwide searches in the following fields: manufacturing, engineering, aerospace, warehouse, and office. This is a free service for job seekers.
CNC Press Brake / Brake Press
We are seeking a CNC Press Brake / Brake Press operator with at least 1 year of experience operating a CNC press brake. The position is 1st shift shift and the job is located in the Tri-County area. All candidates must be able to read blueprints in order to be successful in this position.
Brake / Brake Press
- Set up and operate a CNC brake press
- Edit programs as needed at the machine
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Load and unload equipment and materials
Press Brake / Brake Press
- Previous experience operating a cnc press brakeIS REQUIRED!
- Blueprint reading abilities
- Familiarity with machine shop environments
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Press Brake / Brake Press Compensation: Up to $19/hr. commensurate with experience
Certified Press Operator
- Works well under pressure
- Train others on skill/craft
- Knows and has full understanding of quality standards
- Perform press checks
- Make ready and operate offset printing press.
- Examine job order to determine quantity to print, stock specifications, colors and special printing instructions.
- Examine offset printing plates for visual defects and apply correcting solution to repair minor defect or inform supervisor of unrepairable plates.
- Apply packing sheet to blanket cylinder to build up blanket thickness to diameter of plate cylinder.
- Measure paper thickness and adjust space between blanket and impression cylinders according to thickness of paper stock.
- Adjust controls to regulate flow of ink and dampening solution to plate cylinder.
- Start press, examine printed copy for ink density, position on paper and registration and makes adjustments to press throughout production run to maintain specific registration and color density.
- Make adjustments to feeder and delivery mechanism.
- Remove and replace worn rollers and adjust pressure between rollers of press, using hand tools.
- Lead, give direction to, train, and monitor work of press assistant.
- Perform proper and required maintenance as well as cleaning of press.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager.
Requires 10+ years of First or Second Pressman experience with an in-depth knowledge of the mechanics and capabilities of presses. Need to be able to accurately distinguish color variation. Journeyman or Master Printers of America Certification. UV, KBA 105, and/or Heidelberg 8 Color experience is a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Wide Format Press Operator
Wide Format Press Operator easy apply
- apply with indeed
salary:$16 - $20 per hour
date posted:Thursday, November 16, 2017
questions:email@example.com easy apply
apply with indeed
description A Fast Growing marketing and direct mail company, located in the Southside area of Jacksonville, FL is currently looking for motivated job candidates for Sign Shop department. Job Duties include but are not limited to: Operate and Maintain a wide format printer (84" for roll and 4'x8' flatbed) along with a vinyl cutter and a laminator. Be proficient in laminating, applying large format graphics, weeding and applying cut vinyl in the shop and on site. Keep shop clean and presentable Verify raw material inventory as required Complete work-orders Manufacture of signs as needed Prepare vinyl graphics and substrates for application as needed Prepare sign surfaces for application of text/graphics (cut to size and clean) as needed Assist customers both in person and on the telephone as required Installations We offer a generous package of employee benefits that include health, dental, paid holidays, paid vacation and a strong retirement benefit package with company matching percentage. Working hours: 2:00pm
Must have experience operating wide format printers
Must be able to accurately understand verbal and written instructions.
Must be able to multi-task, highly organized, detail oriented and demonstrate self-initiative.
Candidate must get familiar with different substrates and keep familiar of the growing and changing profession.
Have basic mathematic skills to understand dimensional requirements contained in job orders and to make more complicated adjustments. Please respond to this posting with a current resume if you are interested in this position. Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!