Cutter Machine I Job Description Sample
Bobst Die Cutter Machine Operator
We are seeking a Bobst Die Cutter Machine Operator to join our team! You will help oversee operational activities and ensure excellent quality control.
- Oversee and coordinate plant operations and activities
- clean and lubricate cutting or slicing machine to maintain to equipment in a working order.
- Measure cut scored materials for conformity using tape measure
- Adjust machine controls to positon and align as needed
- select and install machine components , such as cutting dies and templates
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Load and unload equipment and materials
- Provide innovative solutions to improve plant efficiency
- Conduct routine preventive maintenance on the plant
- Log and record readings for equipment and procedures
- Previous Die Cutting Machine Operator , 1 year or more
- Familiarity with plant tools and equipment
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
We are an award winning staffing firm for one simple reason, we make it a point to understand you and your career goals as your career advocate.
At Hire Dynamics, you are more than just a resume or skill set, you are an individual. We get to know you as a person, your unique needs, interests and aspirations, and match you with the ideal opportunity.
We provide opportunities to be recognized for your contributions.
Some staffing firms focus on filling job orders. We focus on you. We will provide opportunities for growth, recognition and help you achieve your career goals!
Cutter Machine Operator
A well established and growing national packaging manufacturer is currently looking to expand the production staff. The slitter operator position will be setting up and running a slitter.
This is a full-time, permanent position which offers a comprehensive benefits package once the probationary period has been completed. The work environment is extremely clean and follows sanitary regulations because the packaging product is used within the food industry.
This position will be for 3rd shift 10:45pm-7:15 am .Candidates must be flexible to work overtime when needed.
The starting pay rate is $15.00-$17.00 hour based on experience.
> Set the slitter up to order specifications
> Run slitter based on quality restrictions
> Weight and wrap all finished product from slitter and from the press department
> Properly fill out paperwork for slitter production
> Perform any required preventive maintenance
Qualified candidates should have at least 1 year of steady work history within a manufacturing environment. The preferred manufacturing experience would be in printing, packaging for food processing. Candidates should have a solid mechanical aptitude, comfortable working with hand tools & power tools, and the ability accept training that can sometime be complicated.
The physical requirements for this position include the following:
> Frequently lift up to 75 lbs 3-5 times per hour
> Regularly stand, walk, reach, and kneel
Other essentials skills:
> Solid mathematical aptitude
> Mechanical aptitude
> Good vision to determine changes in colors
> Ability to communicate, both written and verbal in English
Interviews to be scheduled immediately.
Die Cutter Machine Operator
Diecutter Machine Operator
Temp, Temp-to-Hire, Or Direct
Temp to perm
Shift WITH HOURS
2nd shift 3:00-11pm—M-F
Machine operator will have at 1 year experience in operating a Diecut Machine. Bobst cutter which is used in the corrugated industry. The candidate does not have to know this exact equipment but would be a plus if they do but must have diecut machine operator experience.
--Must be able to speak, read and write English
--Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
--Must know how to operate a diecut machine.
$14-$16 depending on experience.
known companies in and around New England. We place general and skilled
labor positions as well as management, administrative and everything in
between, bridging the gap between local business staffing needs and the
community's best talent.
What separates us from the rest?
We are so much more than a staffing firm! Wicked Staffing Solutions blends
over 30 years of extensive staffing experience with current and relevant
knowledge of technology, industry trends, up-to-date legal and safety
information and, -most importantly-enthusiasm, energy and pride in our
New England roots and industrial heritage!
Die Cutter Machine Operator
O'Neil Printing a full service Employee Owned Printing Company has an immediate opening for a first shift full time Bindery Die Cutter Operator. 2-5 years Die cutter Experience required. Duties include the operation and maintenance of our Heidelberg cylinder presses as well as operation of other finishing equipment as necessary. Great opportunity for the right individual to join a growing company with great benefits. Qualified individuals please submit your resume in confidence. We will contact you to schedule an interview. Compensation will be based on skill level and experience.
Die Cutter Machine Operator - 1St Shift
The Leslie Company is a national manufacturer of Binders, Index Tabs, Presentation Folders, Calendars and more! We have been located in Olathe, KS since 1977. We are seeking a Die Cutter Machine Operator to join our 1st shift team!
- Load and unload equipment and materials
- Set up, register, run job according to work order.
- Conduct routine preventive maintenance on the equipment.
- Log and record readings for equipment and procedures.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion.
- Check completed work for accuracy and quality.
- Individual will need to have the ability to cross-train on various bindery/printing equipment.
- Individual must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Previous experience in bindery, printing, die cutting, folding/gluing, equipment operation strongly recommended.
- Must be a team player, self-motivated and be detailed oriented.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate clearly to ensure accuracy.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
We offer and excellent salary plus bonuses. Our benefit package includes paid health insurance, 401(K) matching program, paid vacation and sick time.
keywords: printing, bindery, press, machine operator, equipment operator, cutter operator, die cutter operator, slitter-sheeter,
Located in Olathe, KS, we operate in an 100,000 square foot warehouse and production facility, and employ an estimated 100 staff members.
CNC Flame Cutter
Main responsibilities are to use a oxyfuel CNC flame cutting machine with a Burny control.
Additional responsibilities -
- loading steel onto machine to be cut
- helping unload steel deliveries, moving large plates of steel from the truck to where it is stored
- using a forklift and overhead cranes to move larger pieces of steel
- unloading cut pieces
Must be able to use a tape measure accurately
Welding experience is a huge bonus
Machine operators are responsible for safely operating the machines at the highest possible efficiency while tracking production and scrap. They are responsible for keeping the area clean and organized as well as effectively communicating any problems with the machines, product or the department to the shift supervisor. This position may also require crossover training within the department.
- Report to the shift supervisor with regard to any issues on their machine, product or department.
- Monitoring how the machine is running and fixing any minor problems.
- Understanding and following all safety precautions and startup/shutdown procedures.
- Track all pertinent information: initial scrap, product quality, cases produced.
- Complete start up and shutdown checklist on a daily basis.
- Operate the machine in a way that eliminates down time and boosts efficiency.
- Maintaining a clean workspace.
- Understanding and following pertinent SQF regulations.
- Ability to run the machine in accordance to customer specs.
- Achieve daily production goals set by area supervisor.
- Knowledge of customer specifications.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general educational degree (GED) Required. Associate’s Degree a plus
- 3 or more years of production experience.
- Previous experience in a leadership role
- Computer proficiency required with data entry experience preferred
- Willingness to be responsible for company property
- Basic mechanical ability
- Must be high-performance team player and be willing to work in a dynamic, growing, demanding and fast-paced environment
- Must be willing to work in a warehouse environment at a range of cooler temperatures
- Proficiency in use of English language with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally
- Willingness to work independently, with minimal supervision and take ownership of job.
- Visual and audio sensory are needed regularly
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and attention to detail.
- Bilingual a plus
- Environment includes an expansive refrigerated warehouse, where the temperature averages 36-38 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Exposure to loud noise
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Heavy Forklift Traffic
- Position requires standing, walking and bending on a regular basis on concrete flooring
- Must have manual dexterity to perform computer skills
- Full benefits package available medical/dental; plus flexible spending, short term disability, Life insurance and PTO
- 401(K) plan with company match available
- Employee Referral Bonus up to $1000
Operator Flat Knife Cutter
About Jostens Celebrating 120 years of business, Jostens has been a part of local communities, working with K-12 schools, colleges and universities, teams and affiliation groups. Representatives from Jostens touch thousands of schools and groups every day, working to make a difference with products and services that recognize accomplishments and help people tell their stories.
These products, along with resources for educators, yearbook curriculum and services to help motivate and inspire like Jostens Renaissance® and Commitment to Graduate (C2G) are all designed to contribute to a positive and rewarding school experience. As a household name and leading brand in our market, we are passionate about being the most trusted partner in celebrating moments that matter. We are a mid-size company with a small company feel, allowing us to move fast and explore innovative ideas. At Jostens, we help people capture, celebrate and inspire through their stories and accomplishments with uniquely customized and personalized products for students and families, educators and schools, teams, and world class athletes and their fans.
Position Overview This operator is responsible for the setup of the machine in accordance with the SOP, implementing adjustments, procedures and knowing the capabilities and limitations of the equipment in order to achieve the required productions goals of the department. Set-up and operation of the cutter include computer-assisted positioning by performing the necessary calculations (decimals, metric units) to understand the dimensional requirements of the work.
An essential part of the job includes knowing the different kinds of paper, sizes, weight and colors. This position also involves preventive maintenance and troubleshooting of machine. Attention to detail is required to meet customer expectations and productivity and quality standards. The incumbent must also be willing to move about the Bindery and/or Folding departments and run other equipment on an as needed basis.
Responsibilities High School degree or GED preferred. Experience with Polar Cutter, Flat Knife or related equipment a plus.
Good verbal communication skills. Must have basic computer skills. Must successfully complete advanced machine training within department.
Must be a team player with demonstrated decision making ability. Able to give and follow written and verbal instructions. Ability to read a ruler and follow measurements.
Must be able to stand through 8 or 12 hour shifts. Willing to work flexible hours and overtime with short notice. Must be able to properly lift 10 to 50 lbs. to shoulder height.
Must have excellent attendance. Why Jostens? Jostens is comprised of dynamic teams of individuals who support the mission of schools, groups and teams by passionately helping people express themselves, celebrate experiences and traditions, recognize achievements and share their stories. We value innovation, integrity, diversity and exceptional performance and want to make that apparent in every experience we deliver. Jostens is committed to attracting and retaining the brightest and most talented individuals to our company by offering competitive compensation, a progressive and nurturing culture and growth potential.
In addition to our traditional benefit offerings, Jostens offers charitable gift matching programs for employees, scholarships and charitable contributions to the communities we serve. Employees also enjoy tuition reimbursement benefits, progressive career planning as well as comprehensive medical benefits and a 401K matching program. Jostens supports and promotes healthy living through education and incentive programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. Jostens participates in the E-Verify process. COMPANY: Jostens, Inc.
Requisition Id: 22719
Location: TN- Clarksville #jostenslegacy
Bobst Folder Gluer And/Or Bobst Die Cutter Operator
We are an independently owned and operated manufacturer of corrugated packaging and POP displays. We currently have an opening for a first and second shift folder gluer operator. This position will be responsible for all activities related to the
Bobst Folder Gluer.Folder Gluer
-Set up equipment and run efficiently
- Inspect raw material and finished product as well as printing and cutting dies
- Preventitive maintenance
- Adjustments to machine as necessary
- Recommend Improvements to management
Ideal candidate must have the following qualifications:
-Specific knowledge related to the machine and it's capabilities, and safety requirements.
- Experience running specialty folder gluers (3 years).
- Ability to work weekday and weekend overtime as required.
Bobst Die Cutter
• Set up and run Bobst Diecutter based on production schedule to include pre-make ready of job, setting up tooling and locking dies.
• Program Diecutter via Cube.
• May be necessary at times to assemble stripping units and blanking units.
• Pre-set tooling for locking dies, stripping unit and blanket unit.
• Perform preventative maintenance as required.
Experience / Education Requirements
-2 Years experience
Highschool or GED equivalent
We offer competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
Tool & Cutter Grinder Operator - All Shifts
ISCAR METALS, INC., a dynamic and innovative cutting tool company has opening for a Tool & Cutter Grinder Operators - all shifts at our Arlington, Texas facility. If relocating, relocation package & sign on bonus available for the right individual.
1st shift: 7:00am – 3:30pm
2nd shift: 3:00pm – 11:30pm
3rd shift: 11:00am – 7:30pm
Responsible for operating multi-axis CNC grinders (Haas AF Multi-Grind and Ewag Compact) to produce specialty custom carbide inserts, conducting in process inspection, and continuously assuring all products are produced according to engineered specifications.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Operate multi-axis CNC grinding machines
- Grind inserts according to production drawing specifications
- Inspect inserts according to production drawing specifications
- General shop tasks - include, but are not limited to, basic machine maintenance and cleaning
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience operating CNC grinding machines preferred
- Experience with Fanuc and/or Siemens controls preferred
- Experience with AutoCad preferred
- Ability to read and interpret production drawings
- Ability to use precision metrology equipment, to include but is not limited to, vertical comparators with DRO, vision inspection systems, microscopes, and various hand tools.
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
- Diplomacy and ability to function as a member in a team environment
- Must be ability to communicate effectively
- Basic computer skills
BENEFITS WE OFFER
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental and Vision plans
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation, Holiday and Sick time
- Life and Disability Insurance
Visit us www.iscarmetals.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
ISCAR METALS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, non-job related handicap or disability, sex, marital status, liability service in the armed forces of the United States, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Celebrating 65 years of Innovation, Iscar is a full- line ISO 9001, QS-9000, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certified manufacturer and supplier of precision carbide metalworking tools. As a result of its high quality and original products, this multinational company is a world leader in supplying metal removal products to major industries, including automotive, aerospace, dies and mold and a variety of mass production industries. Iscar continues to provide the most economical solutions for the metalworking industry. Iscar is currently represented in over 60 countries worldwide.
Iscar's growth continues as a result of innovation and providing its customers with the very latest, most efficient metal cutting technology in the world.
Our USA Headquarters, located in Arlington, Texas, houses our national distribution, customer service and special tooling manufacturing centers. Our technical center for seminars and demonstrations is also located on this campus where we frequently conduct new product and specialty seminars.
Iscar promotes creative thinking and productive teamwork to achieve its business objectives within todays competitive market place. Come join our team, where innovation never stops and job satisfaction is our goal. Iscar provides a full compensation package.
Visit us www.iscarmetals.com
Iscar Metals is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!