Cutter Operator Job Description Sample
Bindery Operator / Cutter Operator
Bindery Operator / Cutter Operator Tracking Code 37751 Job Description Set up, adjust and operate a variety of auxiliary binding machines containing several cutting heads, control surfaces or other attachments (i.e. inkjet and mailing devices, case making & decorating equipment, folders, cutters, collators, stitchers, drills, binding/gluing machines and/or set up automatic bindery machines containing multiple functions and station capabilities (power paper cutters, power collators and gatherers, power folders, power speed binder) which can be electromechanically combined with other equipment and devices to produce a complete bindery and finishing unit that processes printed sheets into final books, catalogs, manuals, directories, magazines or other completed products. Inspect equipment for safety issues.
May operate automatic adhesive binding machines (perfect binders) that contain numerous interrelated process stations that are fed collated sheets or signatures and perform such functions as vibrating, milling, roughening, gluing, covering and delivering or stacking completed books, magazines or catalogs. Make needed adjustments to coordinate the multiple work stations on a single machine. Direct crew though all aspects of production.
Monitor quality, output and productivity. Required Skills General knowledge of the more complex bindery machines (i.e. fully automatic binding machines (perfect binders), multiple station collators and multiple folding units, either individually or combined) to perform the full range of standard and specialized folds of printed materials. Thorough knowledge of the set up, operating requirements, procedures, capabilities and limitations of one or more bindery machines to perform the full range of standard and specialized folding, collating and cutting of printed materials to complete a combined finishing product.
Ability to read and interpret written work orders or other job specifications containing bindery requirements which indicate the number and sequence of machine operations required to complete the work and to maintain dimensional accuracy in accordance with instructions provided; independently makes decisions on the type of equipment to be used. Knowledge of the quality and machining requirements of various coated and uncoated types of paper stock. Skill in setting up and adjusting machines for finishing operations and to refine such adjustments for the weight, color, machinability and quality of paper stock being used and to prevent machining impressions on the printed materials.
Must be able to calculate distances, clearances, and fits in combining machines. Skill in using the full range of standard and specialized tools and devices to adjust and maintain the functional accuracy and operating conditions of the bindery machines. Required Experience Bindery Operator experience in a cutter operator role.
Knowledge of bindery/finishing operations. Job Location Smyrna, Tennessee, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular Employee Referral Bonus eligible No
Die Cutter Operator
Our Commercial Specialty team specializes in creative, innovative print solutions that set our customers’ marketing materials apart from the competition. From initial concept through delivery, we create stand-out print materials that delight and engage the target audience, increase response rates and amplify our customers’ brand.
Job Description Quad/Graphics is looking for a Die Cutter Operator for the Woburn, MA location. The Die Cutter Machine Operator efficiently performs set-up and operates machines that die cut blank and/or pre-printed stock.
Responsibilities include confirmation of accuracy and completeness of order, dies, set-up and installation, paper stock, and the load and feed of paper, and the effectiveness and accuracy of cutting, staging completed work per instructions, and area maintenance. This position starts on nights and will work a 12 hour shift on a 223 schedule. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to: • Follow all Company policies, procedures and guidelines as well as take actions that support team work, safety, contamination control, efficiency and good housekeeping. • Know and abide by all Standard Operating Procedures. • Follow the pre-production, make ready, and production run tasks. • Operate powered equipment • Occasionally train workers on the Die Cutting Machine operations, including the feeding and take off functions. • Ensure the work area is clean, and that non-conforming, over-runs, and/or waste are delivered to the appropriate repository. • Cross-train as assigned • Follow and adhere to all Personal Protective Equipment rules and regulations • Perform other responsibilities as assigned
• Possess a High School Diploma or GED, or equivalent education and/or training • Be able to perform work related math functions (which includes the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide) • Be familiar with production and processing • Have sufficient skill and experience with troubleshooting • Must be able to multi-task • Must be able to lift 10-15 pounds continuously, and lift up to 50 pounds occasionally • Have the ability to stand long hours, stop, crouch, kneel, crawl, climb and use hands and wrists continuously in controlled movement • Good verbal and written comprehension, with ability to receive and follow instructions • Ability to thrive in a team environment and work independently with minimal supervision We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k) and profit sharing plans, holidays, vacations and more. Equal Opportunity Employer Drug Free Workplace
Machine operators are responsible for safely operating the machines at the highest possible efficiency while tracking production and scrap. They are responsible for keeping the area clean and organized as well as effectively communicating any problems with the machines, product or the department to the shift supervisor. This position may also require crossover training within the department.
- Report to the shift supervisor with regard to any issues on their machine, product or department.
- Monitoring how the machine is running and fixing any minor problems.
- Understanding and following all safety precautions and startup/shutdown procedures.
- Track all pertinent information: initial scrap, product quality, cases produced.
- Complete start up and shutdown checklist on a daily basis.
- Operate the machine in a way that eliminates down time and boosts efficiency.
- Maintaining a clean workspace.
- Understanding and following pertinent SQF regulations.
- Ability to run the machine in accordance to customer specs.
- Achieve daily production goals set by area supervisor.
- Knowledge of customer specifications.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general educational degree (GED) Required. Associate’s Degree a plus
- 3 or more years of production experience.
- Previous experience in a leadership role
- Computer proficiency required with data entry experience preferred
- Willingness to be responsible for company property
- Basic mechanical ability
- Must be high-performance team player and be willing to work in a dynamic, growing, demanding and fast-paced environment
- Must be willing to work in a warehouse environment at a range of cooler temperatures
- Proficiency in use of English language with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally
- Willingness to work independently, with minimal supervision and take ownership of job.
- Visual and audio sensory are needed regularly
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and attention to detail.
- Bilingual a plus
- Environment includes an expansive refrigerated warehouse, where the temperature averages 36-38 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Exposure to loud noise
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Heavy Forklift Traffic
- Position requires standing, walking and bending on a regular basis on concrete flooring
- Must have manual dexterity to perform computer skills
- Full benefits package available medical/dental; plus flexible spending, short term disability, Life insurance and PTO
- 401(K) plan with company match available
- Employee Referral Bonus up to $1000
Bobst Folder Gluer And/Or Bobst Die Cutter Operator
We are an independently owned and operated manufacturer of corrugated packaging and POP displays. We currently have an opening for a first and second shift folder gluer operator. This position will be responsible for all activities related to the
Bobst Folder Gluer.Folder Gluer
-Set up equipment and run efficiently
- Inspect raw material and finished product as well as printing and cutting dies
- Preventitive maintenance
- Adjustments to machine as necessary
- Recommend Improvements to management
Ideal candidate must have the following qualifications:
-Specific knowledge related to the machine and it's capabilities, and safety requirements.
- Experience running specialty folder gluers (3 years).
- Ability to work weekday and weekend overtime as required.
Bobst Die Cutter
• Set up and run Bobst Diecutter based on production schedule to include pre-make ready of job, setting up tooling and locking dies.
• Program Diecutter via Cube.
• May be necessary at times to assemble stripping units and blanking units.
• Pre-set tooling for locking dies, stripping unit and blanket unit.
• Perform preventative maintenance as required.
Experience / Education Requirements
-2 Years experience
Highschool or GED equivalent
We offer competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
Cutter Operator - Graveyard Shift
Lahlouh’s business model is built on solving end to end supply chain problems not simply processing transactional print orders. Lahlouh is a partner that focuses on developing collaborative, comprehensive solutions that endeavor to meet all the communication needs of our clients’ dynamic and evolving marketplaces.
Lahlouh's mission is to provide the highest quality, most cost-effective business communications solutions available.
Core capabilities include:
- Sheet-fed offset print
- Dynamic digital print
- Full service bindery and assembly
- Online Solutions
- Wide Format
- Fulfillment / Distribution logistics
- Packaging Design
- Marketing promotions
Position: Bindery Operator - Cutter
FLSA Status: Non-ExemptDepartment:
Location/Shift: Burlingame, CA / Graveyard Shift (10:00 PM - 6:30 AM) or
DayShift (6:30 AM - 2:00 PM)
The Cutter Operator is responsible for operating cutting machines, producing high quality printing jobs, to meet customer and company expectations, in a cost-effective manner while meeting strict deadlines.
Minimum 3-5 years’ experience operating a cutter (experience with Saber cutters preferred) in a commercial printing environment
Job Duties and General Expectations:
- Excellent eye for detail
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Communicate effectively with manufacturing personnel
- Have a minimum knowledge of computers (knowledge of PSI and/or Prestige is a plus)
- Keep accurate and complete daily records for data collection
- Meet company and departmental standards, including: Customer Requirements, Compliance, Safety, Quality, etc.
- Follow Lahlouh ISO Quality Procedures and Work Instructions, and complete forms and checklists as necessary
- Follow Lahlouh policies outlined in the company handbook
- Work overtime and weekends, as business needs dictate
- Perform other duties as required
- Attend department and company meetings
- Assist in training new and temporary employees
Position Specific Skills & Competencies:
- Follow team leader instructions for Bindery processes
- Ability to cut a variety of jobs, including business cards
- Ability to assist with special projects, including step books and crossovers
- Perform daily, monthly and quarterly maintenance on cutting machines
- Keep jobs and production floor clean and organized
- Ability to sit, stand, and/or walk for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to push/pull loaded pallet jacks and/or rolling carts
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds regularly and 75 pounds on occasion
- Communicate any job specifics, issues or other pertinent information regarding jobs to the next shift, if necessary
High school graduate/GED
Lahlouh's mission is to provide the highest quality, most cost-effective business communications solutions available.
Core capabilities include:
* Sheet-fed offset print * Fulfillment / Distribution logistics
* Dynamic digital print * Packaging Design
* Mailing * Marketing promotions
* Full service bindery and assembly * Promotions
* Online Solutions * Wide Format
Die Cutter Operator
Responsible for set up, operation, good quality and troubleshooting of roll-fed and sheet-fed die cutter machines
Verify docket information is correct and properly fill out paper work
Confirm rolls/loads to die cut match docket information
Confirm job docket contains and pallets WIP tickets
Make sure retains and folds are done correctly for every pallet dropped, grab hand full of each die position to visualize any cutting defect
Must be willing to work rotating day/night shifts and weekends (8-12 hours per shift)
Working knowledge of the set up, adjustment, procedures, capabilities and limitations of equipment to perform the full range of cutting of printed materials to complete a finished product or blank stock. Familiarity with different paper weights, sizes and kinds so as to be able to identify paper conditions. Familiarity with basic mathematics (i.e. decimals, metric units) to understand dimensional requirements contained in job orders. Ability to use the full range of standard and specialized tools and devices to adjust and maintain the functional accuracy and operating conditions of the cutter. Ability to read and interpret written work which indicates the number and sequence of machine operations required to complete the work and maintain dimensional accuracy in accordance with instructions provided.
With more than 52,000 customers and 42,000 employees across the globe, RRD offers a comprehensive portfolio of capabilities, experience and scale that enables organizations around the world to effectively create, manage, deliver and optimize their multichannel communications.
From digital to print, creative development to fulfillment and logistics, we augment tactics with consultative expertise. We produce streamlined solutions that maximize your communications spend while focusing on new targeted channels and opportunities to rebuild your communications strategy.
Plasma Cutter Operator
We are seeking a Plasma Cutter Operator to become an integral part of our team! The Plasma Cutter Operator will use specialized equipment to weld and assemble new metal forms.
- Manufacture and fabricate finished metal products
- Install and repair various equipment and components
- Follow blueprints to meet product specifications
- Calculate material measurements to verify specifications
- Conduct tests to evaluate weld quality and tolerance
- Previous experience in Plasma Cutting, manufacturing, or other related fields
- Familiarity with Plasma Cutting tools and procedures
- Familiarity with engineering blueprints and schematics
- Ability to handle physical workload
As one of the largest custom and diverse precision machine/fabrication shops in the southeast, CBM offers a full line of CNC Milling, CNC Turning, fabrication, welding, painting, sandblasting, assembly, and repair services for large parts. Our facility includes 22 overhead cranes with a lifting capacity of up to 100,000 lbs. CBM currently operates 20 hours per day to accommodate our customers needs. CBM is ISO 9001:2008 certified, and woman owned!
Our highly trained staff of Engineers, Machinists, Painters, Quality Technicians, Assembly Technicians, and Fabrication Specialists will ensure that our customer specifications and expectations are met and exceeded. Our engineering department is capable of reverse engineering parts, and creating CAD drawings upon request. CBMs chief objective is to provide quality parts promptly to the leading manufacturers of North America!
Cutter Operator (Paper)
Set up, operate and maintain a machine to cut paper stock preparatory to binding or folding.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review specifications to determine page sequence, type of fold and page or sheet size.
- Measure from edge of sheet using scale to determine incremental cutting positions from guide.
- Enter cutting positions in proper order into computer memory.
- Remove sheets of printed or unprinted paper stackfrom the load and place them on the cutter bed. Jog and align sheets against the cutter guide in preparation for cutting.
- Activate computer to move sheets into first cut position. Activate double hand switches to begin cutting operation.
- Examine cut material for any imperfections and adjust computer program as needed.
- Remove finished or pre-finished material from the cutter bed and stack on pallets for shipment to the customer or next operation.
- Record job information on load tags and time sheets.
- Change knives and lubricate as needed as recommended by manufacturers specifications.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, WORKING CONDITIONS
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to read and understand written and verbal instructions, Job Jackets, press imposition and rule-up sheets.
- Must be mechanically inclined.
- Must have basic electronic and computer keyboard knowledge.
- Stand and walk 95% of the time. (Safety shoes required. Company participates in cost.)
- Extensive lifting and bending actions.
- Physically capable of lifting to 75lbs. (Back braces provided upon request.)
- Manufacturing environment with noise exposure to varying levels. (Hearing protection provided.)
- Ability to direct fellow crew members in the overall operation involved in the job.
- Reports to the Bindery Supervisor.
- Supervises Bindery Helpers working on the cutter.
- Internal contacts include other Operators, Bindery Helpers, Bindery Supervisor, Bindery Superintendent, Press and Prep designees, and Customer Service personnel.
Throughout our 44 years in business, James Printing has remained true to one mission: to help customers achieve their print and graphic arts goals while delivering an “extreme” level of customer service on each and every job. We pride ourselves on paying close attention to even the smallest details, regardless of a project’s run size or complexity, to ensure the finished print piece meets or exceeds expectations and delivers tangible business results.
We are committed to maintaining an unwavering commitment to the standards and principles established by our founder, Roger James. These ideals include:
Transparency and Consistency
Honesty and Integrity
Providing Best-In-Class Printing at a Fair Price
He believed that only by getting to know each customer’s unique needs could we help find ways to help them achieve their goals. That’s why we’re proud to have customer and vendor relationships established in our early years that continue to flourish today.
Even as the printing industry changes and technology evolves, James Printing continues to grow by helping customers find new and innovative ways to grow their businesses. Our leadership team would like to thank the many employees, vendors, clients and friends who’ve supported James Printing in becoming Kansas City’s most trusted full-service printer.
Ultimately, our goal is to deliver exceptional service and advanced print solutions for the best possible price. If you have questions or need assistance in making your next project a reality, our dedicated team of account execs, customer service reps, and printing and fulfillment experts can help.
Polar Cutter Operator
SVS Group has 2 openings for a Polar Cutter Operator in the Tempe area working for a large digital print company. Both position as long term contract/ full time opportunities. Both are Monday- Friday 7am- 4pm shifts. Must be flexible to work over time as needed.
Under the direction of the Bindery Manager, cutting operations & folding to customer specifications. Assist in the training of other operators and finishing associates/helpers.
· Read and understand the job ticket and other specifications of an assigned job and communicate these job requirements and any potential problems to Manager and/or finishing associates/helpers.
· Setup and operate MBO folder and attachments and program Polar Cutter.
· Performs process and minor mechanical related trouble-shooting and correction.
· Monitors production and quality throughout entire run.
· Obtain approval from Manager prior to running the project.
· Understand customer packaging specifications.
· Run customer copies; pull and save samples.
· Pack skids per instructions.
· Operates other finishing equipment as required based upon production needs.
· Conduct preventative maintenance of machinery.
· Understand and enforce safety procedures regarding the operation of the equipment and the organizational policies.
· Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Must have 3-5 years of experience - pay is depending on experience
- Must be able to pass background check and drug screen.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!