Cutter Operator Helper Job Description Sample
Bindery Operator / Cutter Operator
Bindery Operator / Cutter Operator Tracking Code 37751 Job Description Set up, adjust and operate a variety of auxiliary binding machines containing several cutting heads, control surfaces or other attachments (i.e. inkjet and mailing devices, case making & decorating equipment, folders, cutters, collators, stitchers, drills, binding/gluing machines and/or set up automatic bindery machines containing multiple functions and station capabilities (power paper cutters, power collators and gatherers, power folders, power speed binder) which can be electromechanically combined with other equipment and devices to produce a complete bindery and finishing unit that processes printed sheets into final books, catalogs, manuals, directories, magazines or other completed products. Inspect equipment for safety issues.
May operate automatic adhesive binding machines (perfect binders) that contain numerous interrelated process stations that are fed collated sheets or signatures and perform such functions as vibrating, milling, roughening, gluing, covering and delivering or stacking completed books, magazines or catalogs. Make needed adjustments to coordinate the multiple work stations on a single machine. Direct crew though all aspects of production.
Monitor quality, output and productivity. Required Skills General knowledge of the more complex bindery machines (i.e. fully automatic binding machines (perfect binders), multiple station collators and multiple folding units, either individually or combined) to perform the full range of standard and specialized folds of printed materials. Thorough knowledge of the set up, operating requirements, procedures, capabilities and limitations of one or more bindery machines to perform the full range of standard and specialized folding, collating and cutting of printed materials to complete a combined finishing product.
Ability to read and interpret written work orders or other job specifications containing bindery requirements which indicate the number and sequence of machine operations required to complete the work and to maintain dimensional accuracy in accordance with instructions provided; independently makes decisions on the type of equipment to be used. Knowledge of the quality and machining requirements of various coated and uncoated types of paper stock. Skill in setting up and adjusting machines for finishing operations and to refine such adjustments for the weight, color, machinability and quality of paper stock being used and to prevent machining impressions on the printed materials.
Must be able to calculate distances, clearances, and fits in combining machines. Skill in using the full range of standard and specialized tools and devices to adjust and maintain the functional accuracy and operating conditions of the bindery machines. Required Experience Bindery Operator experience in a cutter operator role.
Knowledge of bindery/finishing operations. Job Location Smyrna, Tennessee, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular Employee Referral Bonus eligible No
Operator Flat Knife Cutter
About Jostens Celebrating 120 years of business, Jostens has been a part of local communities, working with K-12 schools, colleges and universities, teams and affiliation groups. Representatives from Jostens touch thousands of schools and groups every day, working to make a difference with products and services that recognize accomplishments and help people tell their stories.
These products, along with resources for educators, yearbook curriculum and services to help motivate and inspire like Jostens Renaissance® and Commitment to Graduate (C2G) are all designed to contribute to a positive and rewarding school experience. As a household name and leading brand in our market, we are passionate about being the most trusted partner in celebrating moments that matter. We are a mid-size company with a small company feel, allowing us to move fast and explore innovative ideas. At Jostens, we help people capture, celebrate and inspire through their stories and accomplishments with uniquely customized and personalized products for students and families, educators and schools, teams, and world class athletes and their fans.
Position Overview This operator is responsible for the setup of the machine in accordance with the SOP, implementing adjustments, procedures and knowing the capabilities and limitations of the equipment in order to achieve the required productions goals of the department. Set-up and operation of the cutter include computer-assisted positioning by performing the necessary calculations (decimals, metric units) to understand the dimensional requirements of the work.
An essential part of the job includes knowing the different kinds of paper, sizes, weight and colors. This position also involves preventive maintenance and troubleshooting of machine. Attention to detail is required to meet customer expectations and productivity and quality standards. The incumbent must also be willing to move about the Bindery and/or Folding departments and run other equipment on an as needed basis.
Responsibilities High School degree or GED preferred. Experience with Polar Cutter, Flat Knife or related equipment a plus.
Good verbal communication skills. Must have basic computer skills. Must successfully complete advanced machine training within department.
Must be a team player with demonstrated decision making ability. Able to give and follow written and verbal instructions. Ability to read a ruler and follow measurements.
Must be able to stand through 8 or 12 hour shifts. Willing to work flexible hours and overtime with short notice. Must be able to properly lift 10 to 50 lbs. to shoulder height.
Must have excellent attendance. Why Jostens? Jostens is comprised of dynamic teams of individuals who support the mission of schools, groups and teams by passionately helping people express themselves, celebrate experiences and traditions, recognize achievements and share their stories. We value innovation, integrity, diversity and exceptional performance and want to make that apparent in every experience we deliver. Jostens is committed to attracting and retaining the brightest and most talented individuals to our company by offering competitive compensation, a progressive and nurturing culture and growth potential.
In addition to our traditional benefit offerings, Jostens offers charitable gift matching programs for employees, scholarships and charitable contributions to the communities we serve. Employees also enjoy tuition reimbursement benefits, progressive career planning as well as comprehensive medical benefits and a 401K matching program. Jostens supports and promotes healthy living through education and incentive programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. Jostens participates in the E-Verify process. COMPANY: Jostens, Inc.
Requisition Id: 22719
Location: TN- Clarksville #jostenslegacy
Tool & Cutter Grinder Operator - All Shifts - Relocation To Texas
ISCAR METALS, INC., a dynamic and innovative cutting tool company has opening for a Tool & Cutter Grinder Operators - all shifts at our Arlington, Texas facility. If relocating, relocation package & sign on bonus available for the right individual.
1st shift: 7:00am – 3:30pm
2nd shift: 3:00pm – 11:30pm
3rd shift: 11:00am – 7:30pm
Responsible for setting up and operating the ANCA tool grinders for the production of solid carbide cutting tools. Maintain the safety and cleanliness of the ANCA machines to ensure production efficiency.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Setup and operate ANCA Tool Grinders
- Setup and operate Zoller Genius 4
- Dress wheels using Rush dressing unit
- Conduct “in-process” inspections and first article inspections in the absence of QA inspectors
- Perform other duties as assigned
 Setup includes, but is not limited to, selecting wheels, programming, selecting and installing fixtures.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience setting up and operating tool and cutter grinders
- Ability to read and interpret production drawings
- Ability to use precision metrology equipment
- Basic computer skills
- Must have ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
- Diplomacy and ability to function as a member in a team environment
 Metrology equipment includes, but is not limited to, tool presetters, height gages, micrometers, calipers and Zoller.
BENEFITS WE OFFER
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental and Vision plans
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation, Holiday and Sick time
- Life and Disability Insurance
Visit us www.iscarmetals.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
ISCAR METALS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, non-job related handicap or disability, sex, marital status, liability service in the armed forces of the United States, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Celebrating 65 years of Innovation, Iscar is a full- line ISO 9001, QS-9000, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certified manufacturer and supplier of precision carbide metalworking tools. As a result of its high quality and original products, this multinational company is a world leader in supplying metal removal products to major industries, including automotive, aerospace, dies and mold and a variety of mass production industries. Iscar continues to provide the most economical solutions for the metalworking industry. Iscar is currently represented in over 60 countries worldwide.
Iscar's growth continues as a result of innovation and providing its customers with the very latest, most efficient metal cutting technology in the world.
Our USA Headquarters, located in Arlington, Texas, houses our national distribution, customer service and special tooling manufacturing centers. Our technical center for seminars and demonstrations is also located on this campus where we frequently conduct new product and specialty seminars.
Iscar promotes creative thinking and productive teamwork to achieve its business objectives within todays competitive market place. Come join our team, where innovation never stops and job satisfaction is our goal. Iscar provides a full compensation package.
Visit us www.iscarmetals.com
Iscar Metals is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Die Cutter Operator
Responsible for set up, operation, good quality and troubleshooting of roll-fed and sheet-fed die cutter machines
Verify docket information is correct and properly fill out paper work
Confirm rolls/loads to die cut match docket information
Confirm job docket contains and pallets WIP tickets
Make sure retains and folds are done correctly for every pallet dropped, grab hand full of each die position to visualize any cutting defect
Must be willing to work rotating day/night shifts and weekends (8-12 hours per shift)
Bobst Folder Gluer And/Or Bobst Die Cutter Operator
We are an independently owned and operated manufacturer of corrugated packaging and POP displays. We currently have an opening for a first and second shift folder gluer operator. This position will be responsible for all activities related to the
Bobst Folder Gluer.Folder Gluer
-Set up equipment and run efficiently
- Inspect raw material and finished product as well as printing and cutting dies
- Preventitive maintenance
- Adjustments to machine as necessary
- Recommend Improvements to management
Ideal candidate must have the following qualifications:
-Specific knowledge related to the machine and it's capabilities, and safety requirements.
- Experience running specialty folder gluers (3 years).
- Ability to work weekday and weekend overtime as required.
Bobst Die Cutter
• Set up and run Bobst Diecutter based on production schedule to include pre-make ready of job, setting up tooling and locking dies.
• Program Diecutter via Cube.
• May be necessary at times to assemble stripping units and blanking units.
• Pre-set tooling for locking dies, stripping unit and blanket unit.
• Perform preventative maintenance as required.
Experience / Education Requirements
-2 Years experience
Highschool or GED equivalent
We offer competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
Working knowledge of the set up, adjustment, procedures, capabilities and limitations of equipment to perform the full range of cutting of printed materials to complete a finished product or blank stock. Familiarity with different paper weights, sizes and kinds so as to be able to identify paper conditions. Familiarity with basic mathematics (i.e. decimals, metric units) to understand dimensional requirements contained in job orders. Ability to use the full range of standard and specialized tools and devices to adjust and maintain the functional accuracy and operating conditions of the cutter. Ability to read and interpret written work which indicates the number and sequence of machine operations required to complete the work and maintain dimensional accuracy in accordance with instructions provided.
With more than 52,000 customers and 42,000 employees across the globe, RRD offers a comprehensive portfolio of capabilities, experience and scale that enables organizations around the world to effectively create, manage, deliver and optimize their multichannel communications.
From digital to print, creative development to fulfillment and logistics, we augment tactics with consultative expertise. We produce streamlined solutions that maximize your communications spend while focusing on new targeted channels and opportunities to rebuild your communications strategy.
Machine operators are responsible for safely operating the machines at the highest possible efficiency while tracking production and scrap. They are responsible for keeping the area clean and organized as well as effectively communicating any problems with the machines, product or the department to the shift supervisor. This position may also require crossover training within the department.
- Report to the shift supervisor with regard to any issues on their machine, product or department.
- Monitoring how the machine is running and fixing any minor problems.
- Understanding and following all safety precautions and startup/shutdown procedures.
- Track all pertinent information: initial scrap, product quality, cases produced.
- Complete start up and shutdown checklist on a daily basis.
- Operate the machine in a way that eliminates down time and boosts efficiency.
- Maintaining a clean workspace.
- Understanding and following pertinent SQF regulations.
- Ability to run the machine in accordance to customer specs.
- Achieve daily production goals set by area supervisor.
- Knowledge of customer specifications.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general educational degree (GED) Required. Associate’s Degree a plus
- 3 or more years of production experience.
- Previous experience in a leadership role
- Computer proficiency required with data entry experience preferred
- Willingness to be responsible for company property
- Basic mechanical ability
- Must be high-performance team player and be willing to work in a dynamic, growing, demanding and fast-paced environment
- Must be willing to work in a warehouse environment at a range of cooler temperatures
- Proficiency in use of English language with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally
- Willingness to work independently, with minimal supervision and take ownership of job.
- Visual and audio sensory are needed regularly
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and attention to detail.
- Bilingual a plus
- Environment includes an expansive refrigerated warehouse, where the temperature averages 36-38 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Exposure to loud noise
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Heavy Forklift Traffic
- Position requires standing, walking and bending on a regular basis on concrete flooring
- Must have manual dexterity to perform computer skills
- Full benefits package available medical/dental; plus flexible spending, short term disability, Life insurance and PTO
- 401(K) plan with company match available
- Employee Referral Bonus up to $1000
Cutter Operator - Graveyard Shift
Lahlouh’s business model is built on solving end to end supply chain problems not simply processing transactional print orders. Lahlouh is a partner that focuses on developing collaborative, comprehensive solutions that endeavor to meet all the communication needs of our clients’ dynamic and evolving marketplaces.
Lahlouh's mission is to provide the highest quality, most cost-effective business communications solutions available.
Core capabilities include:
- Sheet-fed offset print
- Dynamic digital print
- Full service bindery and assembly
- Online Solutions
- Wide Format
- Fulfillment / Distribution logistics
- Packaging Design
- Marketing promotions
Position: Bindery Operator - Cutter
FLSA Status: Non-ExemptDepartment:
Location/Shift: Burlingame, CA / Graveyard Shift (10:00 PM - 6:30 AM) or
DayShift (6:30 AM - 2:00 PM)
The Cutter Operator is responsible for operating cutting machines, producing high quality printing jobs, to meet customer and company expectations, in a cost-effective manner while meeting strict deadlines.
Minimum 3-5 years’ experience operating a cutter (experience with Saber cutters preferred) in a commercial printing environment
Job Duties and General Expectations:
- Excellent eye for detail
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Communicate effectively with manufacturing personnel
- Have a minimum knowledge of computers (knowledge of PSI and/or Prestige is a plus)
- Keep accurate and complete daily records for data collection
- Meet company and departmental standards, including: Customer Requirements, Compliance, Safety, Quality, etc.
- Follow Lahlouh ISO Quality Procedures and Work Instructions, and complete forms and checklists as necessary
- Follow Lahlouh policies outlined in the company handbook
- Work overtime and weekends, as business needs dictate
- Perform other duties as required
- Attend department and company meetings
- Assist in training new and temporary employees
Position Specific Skills & Competencies:
- Follow team leader instructions for Bindery processes
- Ability to cut a variety of jobs, including business cards
- Ability to assist with special projects, including step books and crossovers
- Perform daily, monthly and quarterly maintenance on cutting machines
- Keep jobs and production floor clean and organized
- Ability to sit, stand, and/or walk for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to push/pull loaded pallet jacks and/or rolling carts
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds regularly and 75 pounds on occasion
- Communicate any job specifics, issues or other pertinent information regarding jobs to the next shift, if necessary
High school graduate/GED
Lahlouh's mission is to provide the highest quality, most cost-effective business communications solutions available.
Core capabilities include:
* Sheet-fed offset print * Fulfillment / Distribution logistics
* Dynamic digital print * Packaging Design
* Mailing * Marketing promotions
* Full service bindery and assembly * Promotions
* Online Solutions * Wide Format
Die Cutter Operator
Our Commercial Specialty team specializes in creative, innovative print solutions that set our customers’ marketing materials apart from the competition. From initial concept through delivery, we create stand-out print materials that delight and engage the target audience, increase response rates and amplify our customers’ brand.
Job Description Quad/Graphics is looking for a Die Cutter Operator for the Woburn, MA location. The Die Cutter Machine Operator efficiently performs set-up and operates machines that die cut blank and/or pre-printed stock.
Responsibilities include confirmation of accuracy and completeness of order, dies, set-up and installation, paper stock, and the load and feed of paper, and the effectiveness and accuracy of cutting, staging completed work per instructions, and area maintenance. This position starts on nights and will work a 12 hour shift on a 223 schedule. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to: • Follow all Company policies, procedures and guidelines as well as take actions that support team work, safety, contamination control, efficiency and good housekeeping. • Know and abide by all Standard Operating Procedures. • Follow the pre-production, make ready, and production run tasks. • Operate powered equipment • Occasionally train workers on the Die Cutting Machine operations, including the feeding and take off functions. • Ensure the work area is clean, and that non-conforming, over-runs, and/or waste are delivered to the appropriate repository. • Cross-train as assigned • Follow and adhere to all Personal Protective Equipment rules and regulations • Perform other responsibilities as assigned
• Possess a High School Diploma or GED, or equivalent education and/or training • Be able to perform work related math functions (which includes the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide) • Be familiar with production and processing • Have sufficient skill and experience with troubleshooting • Must be able to multi-task • Must be able to lift 10-15 pounds continuously, and lift up to 50 pounds occasionally • Have the ability to stand long hours, stop, crouch, kneel, crawl, climb and use hands and wrists continuously in controlled movement • Good verbal and written comprehension, with ability to receive and follow instructions • Ability to thrive in a team environment and work independently with minimal supervision We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k) and profit sharing plans, holidays, vacations and more. Equal Opportunity Employer Drug Free Workplace
Polar Cutter Operator
SVS Group has 2 openings for a Polar Cutter Operator in the Tempe area working for a large digital print company. Both position as long term contract/ full time opportunities. Both are Monday- Friday 7am- 4pm shifts. Must be flexible to work over time as needed.
Under the direction of the Bindery Manager, cutting operations & folding to customer specifications. Assist in the training of other operators and finishing associates/helpers.
· Read and understand the job ticket and other specifications of an assigned job and communicate these job requirements and any potential problems to Manager and/or finishing associates/helpers.
· Setup and operate MBO folder and attachments and program Polar Cutter.
· Performs process and minor mechanical related trouble-shooting and correction.
· Monitors production and quality throughout entire run.
· Obtain approval from Manager prior to running the project.
· Understand customer packaging specifications.
· Run customer copies; pull and save samples.
· Pack skids per instructions.
· Operates other finishing equipment as required based upon production needs.
· Conduct preventative maintenance of machinery.
· Understand and enforce safety procedures regarding the operation of the equipment and the organizational policies.
· Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Must have 3-5 years of experience - pay is depending on experience
- Must be able to pass background check and drug screen.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!