Cutting And Printing Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Printing Machine Operator
Are you comfortable with Office software such as Microsoft Excel, and ready to learn more? We can teach you to design and print serial number stickers and other labels as a Digital Printing Machine Operator using standard software as well as industry-specific software such as Seagull Scientific BarTender on Zebra, Markem, and EFI printers. We provide full, paid training, but relevant previous experience includes ANY of the following Microsoft Excel (preferred), Apple Numbers, Google Sheets, or other software working with series of numbers Computer design, printing or cutting of signs, fabric, scrapbook, labels, or other printed products Computer-driven manufacturing, prototyping,
Die Cutting Press Operator
ANAGRAPHICA, INC. is looking for a Die Cutting Press Operator
- Setting up and performing steel rule die cutting
- Quality control functions and other duties as required
- Read and comprehend standard units of measurement
- Basic mathematical skills
- Mechanically inclined
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. non-repetitively
- Maintain good attendance
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time, Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Saturdays and overtime as required.
WAGE BASED ON PREVIOUS APPLICABLE EXPERIENCE
- Life and supplemental insurances
- Paid time off and paid holidays
Pre-employment drug testing required.
Check us out at www.anagraphica.com
2Nd Shift - Production Equipment Operator - Die Cutting (6399 )
Production Equipment Operator
Die Cutting (6399 ) Operations North Mankato, Minnesota Apply Description Position at Carlson Craft, Inc. Carlson Craft, a leader in the print industry is seeking a Production Equipment Operator to operate a variety of equipment to print copy and designs in ink and foil on invitations and announcements for many events, holiday cards and more! Shift Available
- Thursday 2:00pm-10:30pm Responsibilities Include:
Operates printing presses and other equipment to produce occasion items such as invitations, announcements and greeting cards.
Inspects finished product for smears, stains, uniform shading and contrast.
Periodically washes with solvent.
Changes ink and die cuts per instructions.
Proofreads products to ensure copy is correct.
May pull appropriate amount of stock for various orders.
Make adjustments to the equipment as necessary.
- Cross train in a variety of positions including multiple pieces of equipment and support areas to be able to shift to multiple areas based on workflow and business needs.
High School or equivalent
Printing industry knowledge a plus
Ability to discern between different color shades.
Good eye-hand coordination
Ability to pick out fine details.
Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
Ability to read a ruler About Our Company We offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, profit sharing, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.Carlson Craft is a company set out on a mission to help people communicate and celebrate all of life’s most important events through personalized products. We strive to provide our retailers and customers with new designs, services, technologies and tools for selling and ordering our robust line of products including wedding invitations, graduation announcements, baby announcements, party invitations, holiday cards and so much more! Our commitment to our partners is to make it easy and smooth to do business with us and that’s where you come in! Join a motivated team that prides itself on respect, passion for our work and our customers, fresh ideas, responsibility and accountability.
Printing Bindery Operator
PRINTING BINDERY OPERATOR
$15-$24/hr depending on experience
Shift: 1st & 2nd shifts available
Relocation Package for Well Qualified Candidates
PRINTING BINDERY OPERATOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Commercial Printing Company in St. Louis looking for experienced Bindery operators to work in our state of the art, full-service finishing department.
26” Stahl continuous feed folders
45” and 54” Polar cutting systems
Flat bed 41” Sanwa die cutter with stream feeder
Heidelberg 6 pocket computerized stitcher with 5 knife trimmer
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with high regard for quality and customer deadlines is a must.
We are employee-owned, offer excellent benefits and are committed to cross-training employees to maximize skill level.
Printing Press Operator
The main function of the Web Press Operator position is to make ready and operate a multiunit, web-fed rotary press to print letters, pamphlets, brochures, labels, periodicals and any other product able to be produced on the scheduled press, according to written specifications. Experience with a Didde Web Press is a plus!
Essential Job Functions for Press Operator:
· Locks printing plates on printing cylinder and threads loose end of paper supply roll through and around rollers to cutter or re-winder.
· Inspects printed material visually after registration or position printing and re-adjusts guides and controls to rectify spacing errors.
· Adjusts feed controls to rotate cylinder into position where plate locking mechanism is accessible.
· Re-threads paper through press if web breaks and re-adjusts tension rollers.
· Inspects printed material visually during production and re-adjusts controls to correct irregular ink distribution, faulty cuts or folds.
· Replace cutting blades, worn or damaged ink rolls and fills ink wells.
· Cleans, inspects, and lubricates moving parts of press.
· May supervise and instruct press helpers.
· May load supply rolls of paper in press at beginning and during run.
· Processes press wash-ups as needed.
· Perform preventative maintenance and maintain a clean work environment.
· Must have good written and verbal English skills.
· A positive, professional attitude and attention to detail is required.
· Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
· Must have 2 years experience.
· Must be self-motivated.
· Must be able to work with little or no direct supervision.
· Must work well both individually and as part of a team.
· Must be able to bend, twist and lift up to 70 lbs.
Printing Machine Operator
Our client, a leader in the glass manufacturing industry, is seeking an experienced Setup Mechanic - Printing Machine Operator for their plant in
Performs a variety of production and mechanical duties and tasks such as set-up, monitor, maintain, and repair production line glass decorating machines to ensure that they are performing in accordance with established production and quality standards.
Mechanic Duties &
- Demonstrates Knowledge of: (basic understanding of power supplies, light soldering, making screen wells, types of screen frames, materials and preparing screens for decorating).
- Understands different types of squeegees and durometers, different paint numbers and where to look them up, different types of virgin ware (colors, frosted, mold number, etc).
- Understands difference between acceptable quality and rejects.
- Checks QDR (quality data record) and compares black and whites to generated samples for proper decoration, to insure registration and location are maintained.
- Changes screen and squeegees (within reasonable time frame). Makes proper adjustments in to squeegee regarding: centering, angle, stroke, speed, pressure, length and height.
- Understands compound radius on decorating equipment, Change screens and squeegees (cut and shape squeegee), Compensate for copy size on compound radius (stroke, rollers, height of printing stations, etc.).
- Diagnoses problems on decorating and secondary equipment. Makes necessary repairs and alterations.
- Sets up production lines, placement of machines, conveyors and timing screws. Makes appropriate adjustment to the timing, belt speed, table height, stop arms, mouthpiece, etc.
- Demonstrates the ability to dismantle and repair production and secondary equipment.
- Performs setups. Makes regular repairs and adjustments to production equipment. Lubricates machines and conveyors as needed.
- Performs preventative maintenance on decorating machines including checking for: broken parts, check oil level, grease bearings, lubrication, general clean up of work area and cleaning decorating machines of paint, broken bottles, excess oil, grease, dirt, etc.
- K-15 Kammann experience a plus.
- Silk Screen experience preferred.
- CNC (computer numeric control) background is required (will train but need some experience).
- Experience with decorating/screen decorating (will train).
- Silk glass printing/decorating.
- Glass or Printing industry experience preferred.
- CAD Radius knowledge.
Printing Press Operator
- Rate: $14.00/hr
- Job Type:
Temp (Long Term)
- Start Date: AS
- Shift: 3rd (9:00PM - 5:30AM)
Printing Press Operator
- Operates Offset Sheet fed, Offset Web fed, Flexographic or Digital printing and converting presses.
- Reviews printing work orders for special instructions.
- Ensures that production deadlines are met.
- Prepares plates; prints and collates finished pages.
- Ensures quality standards of printed products.
- Sets up, adjusts, operates and cleans equipment.
- Often services and makes routine equipment repairs.
- Ensures that adequate supplies of paper, ink, and other materials are available.
- Maintains records of production output.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures. Examples of some additional in line converting / finishing process are: Perfecting (ex-4/4), coating, scoring, perforating, gluing, folding, cutting etc.
We understand that our clients need qualified and reliable professionals, that is why our recruiting team assumes a thorough understanding our client's needs and requirements. We engage numerous resources in the community, industry and beyond to get the best resources for our clients.
Die Cut Machine Operator (Kama)
Brilliant is a leading commercial printing company headquartered in Exton, PA that delivers superior printed products through advanced technology, premium materials and the highest quality craftsmanship. By blending legacy techniques with cutting edge software, hardware and processes, Brilliant achieves stunning results for the most discerning clients.
The Die Cutting Operator is responsible for the safe set up and operation of the die cutting equipment within the department. The individual ensures conformance to all Health and Safety Policies, Rules and Regulations and general housekeeping standards. Meets or exceeds production, quality and efficiency requirements at all times.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Verify customer specifications for each product using computer system.
- Check set up of pins and blankers for new jobs according to customer specifications.
- Check quality continually ensuring standards are met or exceeded.
- Perform quality checks prior to sending product to the Finishing department.
- Troubleshoot and maintain die cutting equipment as required.
- Responsible for knowing equipment lockout procedures.
- Record production data as required (paperwork and on computer system).
- Perform general housekeeping and other related duties as required.
- Ensure safe and efficient set up and operation of the die cutting equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must have 3 years of bindery experience
- Ability to measure and read a ruler
- Must be willing to work overtime during peak production needs
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing
- Mechanical ability to effectively perform equipment operation and maintenance
Prior experience operating Die Cutting equipment
Our goal is to be the very best at what we do, and we are looking for someone who wants to help lead the way as we become the industry leader in creative print solutions.
Machine Operator Apprentice
Reports To: Supervisor and Plant Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Responsible for all activities associated with running a Flexo or Rotary Die Cutter including: setup, operation, cleanup, and recommending improvements to operations.
Sets up and runs the Load Former, feeding the machine
Reviews job tickets, print cards, and quality inspection paperwork with machine Captain
Sets up and operates the pre-feeder.
Reads job order and mounts specified rubber print plate and printing dies on cylinder.
Installs cylinder on shaft, and secures assembly in bed of press.
Fills dye fonts with prescribed inks or dyes.
Moves levers to engage dye rolls, adjusting position of cylinder to print two or more colors without overlapping or smearing previously printed area.
Starts press, adjusting speed, tension, and alignment of printing plate as necessary.
Cuts sample of printed material from end of printed roll and inspects for imperfections, such as blurred or off-center impressions.
Cleans rubber plate, cylinder, and dye fonts, using solvent, and lubricates press as needed, using grease gun.
May mix inks or dyes to produce desired colors.
Sets up rails, print, and die cut section on machinery accurately in accordance with proper setup techniques.
Inspects all dies before and after run to ensure that any necessary repairs are made before the next run.
Ensures all bolts for cutting dies are in place and tightly secured.
Monitor box quality, including, but not limited to, loose liner, warp, correct size, and print.
Checks anilox rolls for damage.
Maximizes the utilization of equipment by operating the machinery at available capacity and speed.
Cross trains and assist Helpers, Stackers, and Bundlers with job duties on the machine.
Cross-train on other machines.
Completes necessary reports in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to: Production Data,
Machine Operational Status, Safety Data, Quality Data. Turn in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed repairs.
Must be proactive in the maintenance of equipment.
Switches duties with stacker as necessary.
Complies with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
Adheres to production schedule. Makes recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals.
Reports any issues to Supervisor.
Adherence to company policies, including its attendance is essential.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
One year certificate from college or technical school; or 2-3 to years related experience and/or training. Previous experience in a manufacturing environment or similar industry experience preferred.
Boxes, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Printing Cutter Operator (3Rd Shifts) (1132-413)
With a decade of high performance, solid business growth and over 400,000 square feet of office and production space across the continent, we're equipped to handle any print job at any time. Our success in fast processing helps our high volume of orders to be completed even faster and more accurately, in turn giving our customers quicker turnarounds and deliveries.
We Offer a great teamwork environment, development/growth opportunities, competitive pay, paid time off, medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, 401K, short term disability, AFLAC plans, and employee incentive program. To continue our success, we're investing further in our Glendale, CA operation and are looking to hire an additional Cutter Operator for our 2nd and 3rd shifts. The Cutter Operator is responsible for the set up, adjustment and safe operation of all cutting equipment to prepare product to be packed, collated, or bound, ensuring that all items produced meet customer specifications in accordance with company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed: Access the batching system to view batch lists and identify priority jobs to be completed for gang runs (Batch list will identify batches as either Past Due Batches or Next Day Priority). Review job tickets and plan work processes to meet customer specifications for custom jobs.
Login to Batch Detail/cutting process system to show where press sheet is to be cut. Mark press sheet with marker to show cutting lift quantity so Packers can retrieve required boxes. Inspect press sheet and identify order types and communicate with side Cutter Operators.
Set up assigned machine to specifications, obtain approval of set up and run product when indicated by Supervisor/Plant Management. Keep accurate press sheet information in Log Books with dates and counts. Monitor assigned machine during run to ensure adherence to specifications and make adjustments as needed to maintain specifications and operating speed.
Ensure the completion of jobs meeting quality and quantity requirements. Troubleshoot machine problems, resolve if possible, notifying Bindery Supervisor/Plant Management. Replace worn cutting blades with hand tools when required.
Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documents, etc. Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations including departmental housekeeping standards. Ensure all equipment, tools, and work station are in good working order and is free of any safety hazards.
Report any and all workplace hazards to Supervisor/Plant Management immediately. Wear all assigned Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when required. Report all work related injuries, illnesses and/or near misses to Supervisor/Plant Management immediately.
Keep all work area/work stations clean and safe in compliance with our housekeeping guidelines. Follow and adhere to all workplace safety rules and guidelines. Required Skills Able to read and comprehend job tickets and customer specifications.
Able to communicate effectively with other employees. Able to solve practical problems. Good hand/eye co-ordination.
Excellent attention to detail. Quality Oriented. Team player – stays to get the job done.
Willing to be cross trained in the work of other departments/equipment. Happy to work shifts. The employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
The employee frequently is required to walk; use foot/feet to operate machines, and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 lbs. SDL2017
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!