Cutting Inspector Job Description Sample
Quality Assurance Inspector - Carbide Cutting Tools
A Quality Assurance Inspector at GW Schultz Tool is the last point of contact to make certain that our products meet the highest standards and client specifications. This hands-on position requires a person to be able to inspect endmills and form tools in multiple axis to extreme precision. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Inspect carbide cutting tools manufactured within extremely tight tolerances for conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments and devices.
- Examine tools for proper geometry within specifications of blueprint.
- Compare quantity and part number of items received with procurement data and other specifications to ensure completeness and accuracy of order.
- Approve or reject items, and record inspection and disposition data.
- May inspect incoming raw material, thin film coating, vendor supplied tooling, grinding wheel geometric configurations, final inspections.
- May prepare inspection procedures for reference use in subsequent inspections.
- Run inspection programs for in-process and final inspections on CNC measuring machine.
- Assist in etching product identifications.
- Other duties may be assigned by QA management
A) EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or General education degree (GED); 6 months industry related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education or experience.
B) CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Certification from a qualified training institution in the field of tool and cutter grinding is ideal but not required.
C) HARDWARE/SOFTWARE EXPERIENCE: Must be very comfortable navigating any Windows based computer program.
RELEVANT INSPECTION EQUIPMENT USED:
- Walter Helicheck
- Zoller genius
- Mahr Marvision
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Must be able to communicate effectively with supervisor and co-workers. English being primary language with no bi-lingual requirements.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Strong Geometry knowledge is required. Must also be able to convert metric to inch and do decimal to fraction conversions. Must be impeccable with decimal placement.
REASONING ABILITY: Must have a strong analytical trouble shooting ability and be able to work at a fast pace while making detailed inspections.
PERSONAL DIMENSIONS: Ability to multi-task in a fast paced manufacturing environment. Good work ethics, attendance, transportation, hygiene and teamwork. Ability to work overtime as needed and/or varied shifts. Ability to work effectively in a team environment or independently. Self-motivated.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Standing 90 percent of the day, some bending into the machines and lifting heavy trays of blanks and tools.
WORKPLACE ENVIRONMENT: Noise level is moderate to loud, occasional oil leak or spill, slip resistant shoes are required. Must be able to safely operate equipment with many moving parts and pinch point hazards. Ability to read and interpret documents such as product blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and policy and procedure manuals.
MUST BE LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE US
Through a committed partnership with our customers, our vendors, and our staff, it is the mission of G.W. Schultz Tool to provide those developing and building the future with the finest quality and most innovative carbide cutting tool solutions in the world. We want you to be a part of our team!
Cutting & Milling Inspector
Overview Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States. Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant. Drug-Free/Tobacco-Free Workplace
EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans
Primary Objective: Inspect manufactured product from the Cutting and Milling line to insure end consumer satisfaction. Work with machine operator to correct defects.
Complies with all company safety rules and procedures.
Assembles and thoroughly inspects C/M product quality throughout the production shift. Regularly pulls planks from production containers, assembling them together, and inspecting thoroughly.
Reports defects or other quality issues to the machine operator immediately.
Signs off on product quality.
Follows up to ensure defects are corrected.
Documents and records inspection results in a spreadsheet format.
Performs basic Shop-Floor tasks related to creating and releasing containers.
Sorts C/M rejected planks (B stack). Documents and records the results of sorting.
During change-over and PM, assists machine operator with assigned of tasks.
Loads, unloads and moves material using forklift
Performs other tasks assigned by management.
High school diploma or equivalent
Basic Computer skills
Proven experience in a quality related, fast paced production environment
Forklift experience or willingness to learn to operate forklift
This position requires attention to detail, good communication skills, team interaction skills, a desire to learn and be trained on product specifications.
Must have achieved minimum acceptable levels on Work Keys assessment tests for Applied Mathematics, Applied Technology, Locating Information and Reading for Information.
QC Cutting Room Auditor
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for auditing all cuts assigned and assuring that the material used, spreading, markers and cutting quality of the product is in accordance to the methods, specifications, measurements and requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Audit all bundles of assigned cuts. 2. Follow proper inspection method and check product for any possible deviation. 3.
Confirm that markers measurements correspond to shrinkage % determined and specific rolls assigned were used for all cuts inspected. 4. Certify that stablished time between spreading and cutting is met for every assigned cut. 5. Report to QC Supervisor any deviation that affects the quality of the product. 6.
Make a copy of reports, meetings and trainings for Q.C. supervisor. 7. Identify and inform cutting room supervisor any defect on the product in order to be corrected. 8. Release assigned cuts once they meet quality standards. 9.
Record all audits/inspections data on proper work sheet. 10. This position has no supervisory responsibilities. 11. Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed on the job analysis are representative of the skill, and/or ability required.
Education: High School Diploma or GED required. Experience: Cutting room experience preferred but not required. Related experience as in-line inspector or auditor required.
English proficiency. Must be able to measure and properly fill out required forms and documentation.
Other Skills and Abilities: Effective oral and written communication skills required. Physical Demands:
Frequently bends, kneels, reaches out with hands/arms, twist or bends. Must be able to lift/move up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a factory environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. May be exposed to loud manufacturing work environment.
Cutting Tool Specialist
About Ellwood Machining and Welding
Located in Houston, Texas, Ellwood Machining and Welding is a precision machining and welding facility specializing in large products. We engage in drilling, rough milling, finish turning, and rough turning parts for oilfield, petrochemical, and energy generation industries. Covering 110,000 square feet of manufacturing space, EMW has invested in and maintains the newest, most technologically-advanced equipment available, designed to meet customers’ requirements for high-quality products, reliable due-date performance and world-class service.
EMW is family to a dynamically diverse organization that offers its employees exciting opportunities to work on challenging assignments that are important to the achievement of our strategic objectives. Your education and professional experience are valued and put to use from day one. Your success at completing key initiatives can result in a varied, progressive and fulfilling career with our company. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing and improving our products, our processes, and our markets. In short, if you are ready to make a difference every day, EMW is ready to talk to you.
About the Position:
EMW is seeking a dynamic Cutting Tool Specialist for the East Houston location. As a Cutting Tool Specialist you will be working with our Engineering Team and Production to support our company’s directive to meet key strategic targets by leveraging effective commodity management and supplier sourcing strategies while ensuring that our organization meets or exceeds customer expectations with every product and service we deliver. In addition to dispensing and receiving tooling, the individual will look at cutting-tool selection, working with tool manufactures for better options and making recommendations. Other responsibilities include:
- Act as the single point of contact to resolve cutting tool-related problems in manufacturing
- Coordinate plant resources as required to resolve safety, quality, throughput or cost issues related to cutting tools
- Expertise in all types of milling cutting tools, including indexable tools, solid carbide tools, etc.
- Identify and recommend tools best matched to the application and machining parameters
- Trouble shoot performance and cutting tool life-problems and make recommendations regarding corrective actions
- Top Efficient/Inefficient Cutting Tools [JD1]
- Manufacturer Interaction: Work with the representatives of our manufacturing supply base to identify operations/applications for future efficiency projects; Work with manufacturers on Tooling improvements and problem resolution; Facilitate root-cause analysis and corrective action plans for tooling related concerns with the support of the manufacturer
- Monthly reporting of production costs and top inefficient cutting tools to plant management
- Provide technical support to engineering and production personnel
- Provide pricing quotations for new tooling as required
- Analyzing actual machining processes together with production and suggesting improvements: Defining tooling processes; Working with representatives and distributors; Quoting for special and standard tools and related services
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience in a Manufacturing environment with an emphasis on cutting tool technology, machine up-time, work-holding and manufacturer communications
- Expert knowledge of: (1) Metallurgy, metal alloys and carbide, and (2) Machining processes in drilling, milling and tapping
- Familiarity with all types of cutting tools (drills, mills, reamers, etc.) and abrasive tools (grinding, honing, polishing, etc.)
- Well rounded understanding of materials, surface finishes, and surface treatments
- Ability to read and understand cutting tools and workpiece blueprints
- Must possess strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Systematic and analytical way of thinking and self-motivated
EMW employees enjoy competitive compensation, a menu of work/life benefits and opportunities to continue developing their skills and building their career. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and make employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. EMW supports a drug-free workplace.
Our focus is to create an environment of opportunity. If you work hard and achieve results, you will grow your career. Our culture values diverse talents and contributions of all employees. Our commitment includes competitive compensation, support for your professional growth, and a range of employee benefits that help to protect the health and welfare of our people.
We are looking for the best and those not afraid to roll up their sleeves to grow with our organization -- personally and professionally. Interested in joining us but not sure where to start? Check out the Ellwood group of companies and different locations to find career opportunities that match your interests and talent.
Learn more about what makes Ellwood a great place to work!
Field Service Engineers-Laser Cutting Systems
Field Service Engineers-Laser Cutting Systems-Chicago Area
Provide technical support on installations. Lead all automation projects from the planning phase to the sign-off and acceptance.
- Provides engineering and technical support to the Installation Manager.
- Accountable for reviewing all automation related feasibility studies and confirm the overall success of the project.
- Assists with the completion of Installation Feedback Reports and QAB’s.
- Assists with the Final Integration and Commissioning of complex automation projects.
- Provide direct support towards 3rd party automation projects.
- Serves as the main point of contact for technicians and customers regarding third party automation solutions.
- Maintain a technical library for each 3rd party machine, including: Software backups, revisions, parts lists, procedures, and operation of machine.
- Responsible for assisting personnel and customers with troubleshooting of the 3rd party equipment.
- Accountable for developing recommended parts lists and maintain records of spare parts for 3rd part automation.
- Provide direct support for Automation and Laser Equipment.
- Serves as the main point of contact for technicians and customers regarding automation solutions.
- Maintains a technical library for automation equipment, including: Software backups, revisions, parts lists, procedures, and operation of machine.
- Assists personnel and customers with troubleshooting of the equipment.
- Develops recommended spare part lists as well as assisting in deciding which parts should be kept in stock.
- General Requirements.
- Load backups into Spare parts before they are shipped to a customer.
- Assist with the rigging and loading/unloading of equipment onto trucks as needed.
- Responsible for ordering parts for Warranty items associated with the initial Installation process.
- Equivalent to Associates Electrical Engineering; Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering; Preferred three (3) years of job/industry related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Minimum two years’ experience installing diagnosing problems of equipment, and project management
- Work overtime and weekends if necessary. Travel to customers approximately 50%. Ability to lift 70 lbs.
- Electrical, hydraulics, pneumatics, electronics and blueprint reading.
- Basic computer, CNC programming. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong PLC; must be able to read and write PLC Logic.
For over 30 years, Jim Kay & Associates has been serving clients nationwide. During that time, many things have changed, but one thing has stayed the same: outstanding companies hire outstanding people! Bringing these two groups together is our expertise. We recruit and place a variety of executive level professionals for clients in emerging, middle market, and Fortune 500 companies across a diversified industry base. Our commitment to our client companies is unsurpassed.
We keep business simple. We listen. We understand. We perform.
Concrete Cutting Combo Operator / Demo
Concrete cutting and coring experienced in hand saw, wall saw, flat saw, coring and floor / roof openings. Demo work is part of the job. Must be hard worker.Must have a can do attitude. Most of the work is M/F , some night and or weekend also. A major plus is if you have a Class A license.
GOOD DRIVING RECORD. DRUG FREE. PASS DRUG SCREEN. NO FELONIES.
Company pays for health insurance for employee.
Pay range is $45K to $$
Call 602-275-7854 to set up time to come in.
Die Cutting Press Operator
ANAGRAPHICA, INC. is looking for a Die Cutting Press Operator
- Setting up and performing steel rule die cutting
- Quality control functions and other duties as required
- Read and comprehend standard units of measurement
- Basic mathematical skills
- Mechanically inclined
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. non-repetitively
- Maintain good attendance
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time, Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Saturdays and overtime as required.
WAGE BASED ON PREVIOUS APPLICABLE EXPERIENCE
- Life and supplemental insurances
- Paid time off and paid holidays
Pre-employment drug testing required.
Check us out at www.anagraphica.com
Cutting Line Worker
HireCall is looking for candidates to run a cutting line in Caney, Kansas. The candidates would be taking automatic shears and clipping excess material off of parts.
The job pays 9.50 hr and has plenty of over-time available! There will be opportunity for promotion and benefits.
This would be an excellent opportunity for detail oriented women and men!
If interested please call 918 933-5555 .
Please bring 2 forms of ID and Drug Screen is required. Immediate
Salary: $9.50 /hour
Contact your local HireCall office or apply online at www.hirecall.com.
Cutting Tool Services Operator - 3Rd Shift
Position is 3rd shift hours: 11p - 7a
Grinds carbide cutting tools to specification per work instructions.
- Set up indication and grinding of carbide cutters on CNC grinder
- Must be well versed in CNC machine operation
- Knowledge of cutting tool geometry and clearance tolerances referenced per work instructions
- Ability to work in tolerances of +/- .0001
- Working in fast paced production environment
- Dexterity for repetitive motion for handling hundreds of small parts per day
- Wear proper PPE while in work areas of the shop
- Other related duties as assigned to meet departmental and Company objectives
- Ability to prioritize effectively
- Ability to assimilate and retain quickly a variety of information concerning company organization, policy and products
- Proficient skill level simple mathematics
- Ability to work in metric units of measure as well as imperial
- Must be computer literate
- Know how to use micrometers and calipers and comparators
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
- Ability to work with supervision to realize company goals
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous CNC operation would be preferred
- Able to lift 35 lbs. on occasion
- Stand for extended periods
- Some overtime required.
Established in 1957 in the St. Louis, Missouri area, RotoMetrics got its start as a private, family-owned company. Our commitment to continuously evolving products and practices for solutions that work right the first time has fueled our growth. After initial expansion in the Americas in the 1980s, RotoMetrics' reputation led us to then establishing manufacturing in the United Kingdom and Australia. By 2010, we launched flexible die manufacturing at the industry's most modern factory in Bangkok, Thailand.
Our mission and vision insists upon continual employee development and education. We have a relentless focus on constant improvement. However, we deeply value our past and the values and principles our successes have been built upon. 60 years of quickly delivering complex cutting tools requires more than just precision and automation it demands the experience expertise and skill of our amazing team.
Tubing Cutting Operator
Tubing Cutting Operator
Pro Comp Suspension is the leader in the automotive light truck/jeep aftermarket/off-road suspension systems. We are seeking a Dynamic Tubing Cutting Operator to join our team!
The Tubing Cutting Operator will be responsible and accountable for the daily operation of laser tub cutting, ensuring the machine runs efficiently and in an optimal manner.
This position will be located at our location in Chula Vista, CA in the greater San Diego area.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations;
- Ensures machine parameters to ensure optimal performance of the equipment;
- Performs machine preventative maintenance, machine repair, troubleshooting alignment procedures and optic cleaning to keep equipment at peak operating performance as needed;
- Assists in diagnose of machine errors and faults;
- Troubleshoots and repairs as needed;
- Maintains flexibility of shift/work hours/overtime to meet production demands;
- Willingness to cross-train and perform the work of other job tasks or positions in the Company outside of or in addition to primarily-assigned position, work area or department.
- Follows all safety procedures and maintains a clean and safe work place;
- Enables effective communications between management and operators;
- Maintains efficiency, initiates and implements continuous improvement projects;
- Assists in performing hands-on production and assembly functions;
- Performs related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates;
- Must have a High school diploma or equivalent work experience;
- Must have experience on Laser and CNC tube bending machines;
- Must have a solid working background working with sheet metal;
- Must have proven measurement and mathematical fraction/decimal conversion skills;
- Must be able to effectively troubleshoot and diagnose machine faults and failure;
- Must be able to work any shift;
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Knowledge of assist gases, bend radius and tooling and robotic weld parameters;
- Operating knowledge of processing equipment and processes;
- Must have a proven ability to plan and prioritize workload;
- Must be able to work independently;
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Frequently is required to walk; stand; sit; use foot/feet; use hand/foot controls; use both hands to finger, handle, feel, grip, or drive; use fine finger ability; use wrist motion; reach above/below shoulders;
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and hand-eye coordination;
- Require employees to frequently push/pull/lift from the floor to the table, and lift from table to shoulder level, up to 50 pounds;
Position is in a Manufacturing environment and maybe exposed to moderate temperature changes.
Transamerican Auto Parts is an equal opportunity employer, and is proud of our diverse employee population. Employment offers include a requirement for successful completion of a background investigation, and pre-employment drug screening. We use E-Verify to determine employment eligibility for all new employees. E-Verify is a joint effort among employers, the U.S. Social Security Administration (“SSA”) and U.S. Department of Homeland Security (“DHS”).
Tell us your salary history and current salary requirements
NOTE: Resumes received without a salary history may not be considered
TransAmerican Auto Parts (TAP Worldwide; Pro Comp Suspension and others) is the leader in the off-road automotive aftermarket. That means we have a thing for trucks, Jeeps, and anything else that can climb, crawl, jump, or race through the dirt. We operate in 26 states, and 5 Canadian provinces, with 84 retail stores, 6 U.S. distribution centers, and over 1800 of the best employees in our industry.
In addition to a great compensation plan, we offer a wide range of benefits, including: medical & dental insurance; vision plan; 401(k) Plan; paid holidays; paid vacation; paid sick time; employee purchase program; and many other perks.
When you work with us, you'll be challenged and rewarded!
To learn more about us, visit: www.procompusa.com
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!