Cutting Machine Offbearer Job Description Sample
Plasma Torch/Laser Cutting Machine Operator
Gerber Operator ( Cutting Machine Fabric)
Responsible for assisting in the performance of a variety of tasks related to cutting products related to sewing operations in support of garment prodcution
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Off-loading the gerber of cut fabric
Loading carrousel of stock fabric rolls
Operating the Dell Tech pattern software to retrieve markers
Packaging of cut work directly off the gerber
Management of scrap fabric
Adheres to all quality and safety standards
Supports other projects and performs duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Performs all work in accordance with safety and workmanship and good housekeeping specifications
Frequent lifting of up to 50 lbs.,
- Ability to climb ladders, bend, kneel, work overhead with arms, and sit or stand for several hours at a time
- Must be able to wear protective apparel including safety glasses, safety shoes, and gloves
- Eye/hand coordination required, with steady and agile hands to operate equipment and tools
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED Required
651 Orchard Street, Suite 106
New Bedford, MA 02744
Machine Operator - Lectra Cutting Machine Operator
Looking for an individual who is highly motivated to work in a successful fast-moving environment. Must have a minimum of 2 years experience in a production setting as a CNC machine operator. Must posses good trouble shooting skills and be capable of training others to maintain a high standard of quality. Must be flexible to cross training in other area's. Basic Skills required are: typing, reading, math, and computer skills. Must be able to read a ruler. Must have a strong attention to detail skills. Must be safety-conscious and capable of multi-tasking.
Great Family Company to work for
Stone Cutting Construction Worker For Azusa Machine Yard
We are looking for a construction worker for permanent full-time work. The work is for a construction yard in Azusa. The job is for one position and we are interviewing now for the work. Please send a resume today for consideration. We are looking for local workers since off the 210 Fwy usually has a volume of daily traffic. The hours would be from 6:00am to 2:30pm Monday through Friday.
-Lots of measuring
-Use of hand tools and power tools
-Working with grinders, saws, and honing machines
With over 40 years of combined service in the industry, Arena's team includes certified staffing professionals from the industrial, construction, and agricultural sectors. Call today for a free consultation on your current workforce, and find out what path is best for your employees and your company. Arena's offers many hiring incentive programs that ease the pain of training costs and reduce the risk of turnover in the 1st 90 days. .
Tubing Cutting Operator
Tubing Cutting Operator
Pro Comp Suspension is the leader in the automotive light truck/jeep aftermarket/off-road suspension systems. We are seeking a Dynamic Tubing Cutting Operator to join our team!
The Tubing Cutting Operator will be responsible and accountable for the daily operation of laser tub cutting, ensuring the machine runs efficiently and in an optimal manner.
This position will be located at our location in Chula Vista, CA in the greater San Diego area.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations;
- Ensures machine parameters to ensure optimal performance of the equipment;
- Performs machine preventative maintenance, machine repair, troubleshooting alignment procedures and optic cleaning to keep equipment at peak operating performance as needed;
- Assists in diagnose of machine errors and faults;
- Troubleshoots and repairs as needed;
- Maintains flexibility of shift/work hours/overtime to meet production demands;
- Willingness to cross-train and perform the work of other job tasks or positions in the Company outside of or in addition to primarily-assigned position, work area or department.
- Follows all safety procedures and maintains a clean and safe work place;
- Enables effective communications between management and operators;
- Maintains efficiency, initiates and implements continuous improvement projects;
- Assists in performing hands-on production and assembly functions;
- Performs related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates;
- Must have a High school diploma or equivalent work experience;
- Must have experience on Laser and CNC tube bending machines;
- Must have a solid working background working with sheet metal;
- Must have proven measurement and mathematical fraction/decimal conversion skills;
- Must be able to effectively troubleshoot and diagnose machine faults and failure;
- Must be able to work any shift;
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Knowledge of assist gases, bend radius and tooling and robotic weld parameters;
- Operating knowledge of processing equipment and processes;
- Must have a proven ability to plan and prioritize workload;
- Must be able to work independently;
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Frequently is required to walk; stand; sit; use foot/feet; use hand/foot controls; use both hands to finger, handle, feel, grip, or drive; use fine finger ability; use wrist motion; reach above/below shoulders;
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and hand-eye coordination;
- Require employees to frequently push/pull/lift from the floor to the table, and lift from table to shoulder level, up to 50 pounds;
Position is in a Manufacturing environment and maybe exposed to moderate temperature changes.
Transamerican Auto Parts is an equal opportunity employer, and is proud of our diverse employee population. Employment offers include a requirement for successful completion of a background investigation, and pre-employment drug screening. We use E-Verify to determine employment eligibility for all new employees. E-Verify is a joint effort among employers, the U.S. Social Security Administration (“SSA”) and U.S. Department of Homeland Security (“DHS”).
Tell us your salary history and current salary requirements
NOTE: Resumes received without a salary history may not be considered
TransAmerican Auto Parts (TAP Worldwide; Pro Comp Suspension and others) is the leader in the off-road automotive aftermarket. That means we have a thing for trucks, Jeeps, and anything else that can climb, crawl, jump, or race through the dirt. We operate in 26 states, and 5 Canadian provinces, with 84 retail stores, 6 U.S. distribution centers, and over 1800 of the best employees in our industry.
In addition to a great compensation plan, we offer a wide range of benefits, including: medical & dental insurance; vision plan; 401(k) Plan; paid holidays; paid vacation; paid sick time; employee purchase program; and many other perks.
When you work with us, you'll be challenged and rewarded!
To learn more about us, visit: www.procompusa.com
Material Handler, Die Cutting
About WestRock About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com . Material Handler, Die Cutting- 2nd shift - Indianapolis, IN - copy 2020 Production Dr Indianapolis, Indiana, 46241 United States
GENERAL PURPOSE:Set up each operator and die cutter with the required materials for particular product being produced (e.g. paper, inks, etc) per job ticket and schedule.:Set up each operator and die cutter with the required materials for particular product being produced (e.g. paper, inks, etc) per job ticket and schedule.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :: · Reviews job tickets and schedule then organizes and prepares loads for die cutters.Reviews job tickets and schedule then organizes and prepares loads for die cutters. · Operates aerator effectively.Operates aerator effectively. · Aid in feeding die cutters
Aid in feeding die cutters · Pulls and puts away dies for machines as needed
Pulls and puts away dies for machines as needed · Operate a pallet jack effectively
Operate a pallet jack effectively · Communicates effectively with die cutter operators..Communicates effectively with die cutter operators.. · Follows instructions and works with die cutter operators on the die cutteres when required.Follows instructions and works with die cutter operators on the die cutteres when required. · Breaks down required paper for machine.Breaks down required paper for machine. · Sets up each machine with materials needed for run.Sets up each machine with materials needed for run. · Reviews job bag instructions for re-verification.Reviews job bag instructions for re-verification. · Stocks and unstocks loads.Stocks and unstocks loads. · Maintains assigned areas of the finishing department(e.g. sweeping, emptying trash cans, etc.) as needed.Maintains assigned areas of the finishing department(e.g. sweeping, emptying trash cans, etc.) as needed. · Performs other job duties as assigned.Performs other job duties as assigned.
Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
Must demonstrate intermediate math skills
Must possess the following competencies: accuracy, reliability, decision making, time management and self-motivation.
Must be able to read and communicate effectively in English.
Must have the ability to operate pallet jack
Must have the ability to learn how to thin weight stocks handle/jog.
Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
Must be able to read a tape measure and ruler.
Must pass basic reading test.
Must have basic mathematical skills.
Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
Must pass color vision test.
Must pass color hue test.
Must have basic computer skills (email, word processing, data entry, etc.)
Must be able to maintain good attendance.
Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
Must be reliable and dependable.
Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. #IN
What we offer: · Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence · Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities · An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential · A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work. WestRock-MPS Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans. General Application WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans. Material Handler, Die Cutting
Cutting Tool Specialist
About Ellwood Machining and Welding
Located in Houston, Texas, Ellwood Machining and Welding is a precision machining and welding facility specializing in large products. We engage in drilling, rough milling, finish turning, and rough turning parts for oilfield, petrochemical, and energy generation industries. Covering 110,000 square feet of manufacturing space, EMW has invested in and maintains the newest, most technologically-advanced equipment available, designed to meet customers’ requirements for high-quality products, reliable due-date performance and world-class service.
EMW is family to a dynamically diverse organization that offers its employees exciting opportunities to work on challenging assignments that are important to the achievement of our strategic objectives. Your education and professional experience are valued and put to use from day one. Your success at completing key initiatives can result in a varied, progressive and fulfilling career with our company. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing and improving our products, our processes, and our markets. In short, if you are ready to make a difference every day, EMW is ready to talk to you.
About the Position:
EMW is seeking a dynamic Cutting Tool Specialist for the East Houston location. As a Cutting Tool Specialist you will be working with our Engineering Team and Production to support our company’s directive to meet key strategic targets by leveraging effective commodity management and supplier sourcing strategies while ensuring that our organization meets or exceeds customer expectations with every product and service we deliver. In addition to dispensing and receiving tooling, the individual will look at cutting-tool selection, working with tool manufactures for better options and making recommendations. Other responsibilities include:
- Act as the single point of contact to resolve cutting tool-related problems in manufacturing
- Coordinate plant resources as required to resolve safety, quality, throughput or cost issues related to cutting tools
- Expertise in all types of milling cutting tools, including indexable tools, solid carbide tools, etc.
- Identify and recommend tools best matched to the application and machining parameters
- Trouble shoot performance and cutting tool life-problems and make recommendations regarding corrective actions
- Top Efficient/Inefficient Cutting Tools [JD1]
- Manufacturer Interaction: Work with the representatives of our manufacturing supply base to identify operations/applications for future efficiency projects; Work with manufacturers on Tooling improvements and problem resolution; Facilitate root-cause analysis and corrective action plans for tooling related concerns with the support of the manufacturer
- Monthly reporting of production costs and top inefficient cutting tools to plant management
- Provide technical support to engineering and production personnel
- Provide pricing quotations for new tooling as required
- Analyzing actual machining processes together with production and suggesting improvements: Defining tooling processes; Working with representatives and distributors; Quoting for special and standard tools and related services
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience in a Manufacturing environment with an emphasis on cutting tool technology, machine up-time, work-holding and manufacturer communications
- Expert knowledge of: (1) Metallurgy, metal alloys and carbide, and (2) Machining processes in drilling, milling and tapping
- Familiarity with all types of cutting tools (drills, mills, reamers, etc.) and abrasive tools (grinding, honing, polishing, etc.)
- Well rounded understanding of materials, surface finishes, and surface treatments
- Ability to read and understand cutting tools and workpiece blueprints
- Must possess strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Systematic and analytical way of thinking and self-motivated
EMW employees enjoy competitive compensation, a menu of work/life benefits and opportunities to continue developing their skills and building their career. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and make employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. EMW supports a drug-free workplace.
Our focus is to create an environment of opportunity. If you work hard and achieve results, you will grow your career. Our culture values diverse talents and contributions of all employees. Our commitment includes competitive compensation, support for your professional growth, and a range of employee benefits that help to protect the health and welfare of our people.
We are looking for the best and those not afraid to roll up their sleeves to grow with our organization -- personally and professionally. Interested in joining us but not sure where to start? Check out the Ellwood group of companies and different locations to find career opportunities that match your interests and talent.
Learn more about what makes Ellwood a great place to work!
Die Cutting Operator - Clam Shell, Brausse, Kluge
Litho Tech is seeking an experienced die cutter operator that will be responsible for the set-up and operation of our Clam Shell, Brausse and Kluge die cutters.This position requires knowledge of die cutting and experience in setting up and running die cutting equipment and producing high quality die cut work.S Spe SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
Read and follow specific job instructions and produce order according to specifications and deadlines
Follow all safety requirements
Meet standards in quality, production, waste, attendance, and core values
Maintain equipment - daily and periodic cleanings Maintain accurate records of material usage in Hagen
Possession of high school diploma or equivalent (GED) is preferred + 2 years of related experience operating a Kluge, Brausse or Bobst die cutter.
Efficient machine set-up and run ability
Produce high quality work consistently
Work well with others and independently
Meet deadlines while working under pressure Work flexible hours, overtime if needed
Carbide Cutting Tool Grinder / Programmer (Job Location Tavares, Fl)
A successful candidate will be able to produce premium quality, high precision carbide cutting tools using specific tool grinding machines and programs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Create Master Programs for all Standard and Modified Standard Endmills.
- Set-Up, Inspect, Produce Good First Piece & Run Production on drills, keyway cutters, dovetail cutters & reamers.
- Make basic program and wheel Offsets to drills, keyway cutters, dovetail cutters & reamers.
- Set-up, Inspect, Produce Good First Piece & Run Production on any complex form tool, complex drill, complex reamer.
- Set-Up, Inspect, Produce Good First Piece & Run Production on ANY Job that is within machine capabilities.
- Create Master Programs for ANY cutting tool within software capabilities.
3-5 years experience required.
Certification from a qualified training institution in the field of tool and cutter grinding is ideal but not required. Extra consideration for certification from companies such as: Star, Numroto, Rollomatic, Walter, Reinecker, etc.
Must be very comfortable navigating any Windows based computer program, Virtual Grind Pro, and/or Numroto programs.
RELEVANT SKILLS/EXPERIENCE LIST:
- Virtual Grind Pro (VG Pro)
- Tool Studio
- F. Pizzi
- Michael Deckel
- Peel Grinder
Position requires standing 90 percent of the day, some bending into the machines and lifting heavy trays of blanks and tools.
Noise level is moderate to loud, occasional oil leak or spill, slip resistant shoes are required. Must be able to safely operate equipment with many moving parts and pinch point hazards. Ability to read and interpret documents such as product blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and policy and procedure manuals.
MUST BE LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE US
Through a committed partnership with our customers, our vendors, and our staff, it is the mission of G.W. Schultz Tool to provide those developing and building the future with the finest quality and most innovative carbide cutting tool solutions in the world. We want you to be a part of our team!
Glass Cutting Operator (Lifting TIJ Bidding Restrictions) - D Shift
Job Description Summary # Job Description
: Responsible for the day to day operating, monitoring, and repair of glass cutting machines in line with auto glass packing equipment and ultrasonic washers. The associate must be able to work both independently and as a team member and actively communicate with others to include workplace teams.
Responsible for meeting/exceeding production standards, maintaining product quality, and minimizing/preventing equipment downtime. Regular, punctual attendance is an essential job function. Ability to speak, read and write English. Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and practices and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures.
Responsibilities: 1. Operate and monitor equipment cycles.
Operators have complete responsibility for their quality, production, waste, and machine workability/accountability. 2. Perform machine set-up and changeovers. 3. Understand and operate inspection & testing equipment. 4.
Responsible for performing preventive maintenance on cutting machines and equipment 5. Responsible for identifying and correcting any dimensional defects and cosmetic defects according to current QC specifications, to insure good quality. 6. Record accurate inspection and process data as required for the completion of controlled documents/paperwork in an effective manner. 7.
Tend to the overall cleanliness and organization of the equipment and work area. 8. Utilize Manufacturing Execution System (MES) to query, move, validate, and issue material to production orders and machines from rack/storage locations and back to respective locations including accurate consumption of materials. 9. Move raw material to staging areas by forklift, electric pallet jack, or pallet jack. 10.
Present shift reporting and Shift Start Up information to operators, technicians and supervisors. 11. Verify process steps are completed correctly in batch records. 12. Read, understand, and follow standard operating procedures. 13.
Trains associates and answers procedural questions to internal and/or external stakeholders, as needed. 14. Works around potentially hazardous materials/chemicals used to clean areas. 15. Wears personal protective equipment required in job. 16.
Works around potentially hazardous energy sources (compressed air, electricity, etc.). 17. Contribute to the continuous improvement of the process. 18. Other duties as assigned.
Deliverables: - Operate equipment at targeted efficiency and scrap rates. - Equipment and work area to be kept clean. - High quality products produced per manufacturing documents. - Accurate documentation. # Primary Work LocationUSA NE - Columbus (East) # Additional Locations # Work Shift Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!