Cutting Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Cutting Machine Operator
CUTTING MACHINE OPERATOR
Operate a cutting machines from small Challenge Titan to larger Polar guillotine cutter. Responsible for set-up, tear down and running of work orders. Able to work efficiently and consistently with focus on quality. Able to fit in with a collaborative production team.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The position has the following major areas of responsibility:
Review Job Orders to determine cutting required for final job dimensions.
Enter cutting positions in proper order in computer.
Load paper onto cutter bed. Jog and align sheets for cutting.
Evaluate cut material and adjust machine as needed to perform job per client specifications.
Organize all supplies necessary to operate equipment and complete orders.
Change knives and lubricate as preventive maintenance manual requires.
Record job information on work order and MIS system.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Able to lift up to 75 pounds
Able to drive a forklift
Capable of managing a pallet jack
Able to stand for an extended period of time when operating mailing equipment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Position requires general aptitude for working with machinery equipment and general knowledge of how to make some mechanical repairs. Attention to detail and ability to work efficiently to produce quality work for the client. Able to work independently or in tandem with other operators.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
This position requires high school graduation or completion of GED. Candidates need to have valid Driver’s License with good driving record.
Competitive Wage & Benefits
Please go to www.andrickandassociates.com to see detailed job descriptions and to complete an employment application.
Laser Cutting Machine Operator
Immediate opening for qualified laser cutting machine operator .
Must be skilled in blueprint reading , (both metric and U.S. standard) must be knowledgeable in tolerance interpretation.
Must be able to proficiently use precision measuring instruments . Micrometer, calipers, tape measure, dial indicator, etc.
Being familiar with Fanuc controls is a plus.
Must have at least 1 year experience in laser operation and daily laser maintenance .
Salary will be based on experience .
Steel Plasma Cutting Machine Operator
National manufacturer requires experienced, reliable, dedicated automotive or machinery trained person. Position is Plasma Steel Cutting Machine Operator. Welding experience helpful. Will train individual with some computer aptitude. Full time position with full benefits. North Kingstown, (Quonset) Rhode Island location.
Laser Cutting Machine Operator
Laser Cutting Machine Operator # Colorado Springs, CO
Job Snapshot # Location: Colorado Springs, CO # Category: Industrial # Employee Type: Contingent # Duration: 100 weeks
Pay Rate: $0.00 - $18.00 /Hour
Apply Now Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings? Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox. # Contact
1/14/2018 # Job ID: 86850 # Contact: Volt # Phone: 719-277-7260 # Fax:
Description Volt has an exciting opportunity for a Laser Cutting Machine Operator/Programmer in Colorado Springs. Our client is a dynamic and exciting engineering design firm that has been in business for over 25 years. Come work in a state of the art facility where the employee is considered the company’s most important asset. This is a temporary to permanent position.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
Laser cuts to engineering specifications.
Programming of products to be cut using computer nesting
Deburring and clean-up of products.
Inspection of final product
Performing prescribed maintenance as required.
Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
May work at different workstations as production needs require.
Requirements and work conditions: + 1-2 years of experience as a Laser Machine Operator/Programmer
Operation of Cincinnati Laser Cutting machines desired
This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, all day.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move items.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Gerber Operator ( Cutting Machine Fabric)
Responsible for assisting in the performance of a variety of tasks related to cutting products related to sewing operations in support of garment prodcution
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Off-loading the gerber of cut fabric
Loading carrousel of stock fabric rolls
Operating the Dell Tech pattern software to retrieve markers
Packaging of cut work directly off the gerber
Management of scrap fabric
Adheres to all quality and safety standards
Supports other projects and performs duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Performs all work in accordance with safety and workmanship and good housekeeping specifications
Frequent lifting of up to 50 lbs.,
- Ability to climb ladders, bend, kneel, work overhead with arms, and sit or stand for several hours at a time
- Must be able to wear protective apparel including safety glasses, safety shoes, and gloves
- Eye/hand coordination required, with steady and agile hands to operate equipment and tools
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED Required
651 Orchard Street, Suite 106
New Bedford, MA 02744
Cutting Department Technician/ Machine Operator
We are seeking a Cutting Department Technician/Machine Operator to join our team! You will be responsible for make-ready, operation, and cleaning of die-cutting machine.
Selects, installs, and adjust specified cutting die on press bed, sets up stripping mechanism
Directs crew during regular cleaning and maintenance of cutting machinery
Verifying that product is in compliance with customer specifications
Prepares daily time, production, usage, and quality control reports
Must have industry related skills, knowledge of operation of cutting machinery, and experience.
Must demonstrate high degree of attention and care to prevent damage to precision machinery
The ability to handle physical work load
Strong work Ethic
Machine Operator - Cutting Line
Carlisle Construction Materials, a worldwide leading diversified manufacturer of premium building products and related technology has an immediate opening for an Machine Operator- Cutting Line position, at its Mead, Nebraska location. We currently have multiple openings available on two shifts. (1st shift Monday- Friday 7:00am- 3:30pm, 2nd shift
Monday- Friday 3:30pm- 12:00am)
Primary Job Responsibilities:
* Receives and reads work orders
* Calculates the number of blaocks required for work order to material handler
* Adjusts cutting wires to correct dimensions using hand tools
* Lock out energy source and then remove the lock out device when job is complete
* Starts cutting machine and adjusts the line speed
* Positions block on slabber and feeds block into cutting machine, cutting foam according to correct dimensions and square-ness per work order
* Continuously observes and examines cutting machine in operation to ensure conformance to customers' specifications
* Stacks, sorts, and bundles cut material according to bill of lading instructions
* Records data concerning amount and type of clock used from duties performed
Minimum Job Requirements:
* Education- High School diploma or GED required
* Understand volumes and weights and apply directly to follow customer specifications
* Ability to use measuring gauges such as tape measure
* Ability to read and interpret blueprints and shop drawings Strong communication and problem solving skills
* Understanding basic math, reading, and writing skills
* Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations
This position conducts work in a manufacturing environment with limited exposure to outdoors, there is exposure to loud machinery, dust, and mechanical with the press. Business is cyclical and will require flexibility in shift hours and days of the week worked. Typically will work 10 hour shifts either Sunday- Wednesday or Wednesday- Saturday although some overtime may be required during high sales volume.
For this position, it is required to be able to lift up to 50 pounds. There is a repetitive use of hands required with simple grasping and pushing and pulling up to 50 pounds.
In addition this positon requires the following abilities listed:
* Standing- 45%
* Walking- 25%
* Lifting- 14%
* Reaching above shoulders- 10%
* Bending and Twisting- 5%
* Driving- 1%
Carlisle Construction Materials offers a competitive benefits package which includes 401k, medical/dental/prescription drug, and life insurance, flex spending, educational assistance, holiday and vacation pay.
Stone Cutting Construction Worker For Azusa Machine Yard
We are looking for a construction worker for permanent full-time work. The work is for a construction yard in Azusa. The job is for one position and we are interviewing now for the work. Please send a resume today for consideration. We are looking for local workers since off the 210 Fwy usually has a volume of daily traffic. The hours would be from 6:00am to 2:30pm Monday through Friday.
-Lots of measuring
-Use of hand tools and power tools
-Working with grinders, saws, and honing machines
With over 40 years of combined service in the industry, Arena's team includes certified staffing professionals from the industrial, construction, and agricultural sectors. Call today for a free consultation on your current workforce, and find out what path is best for your employees and your company. Arena's offers many hiring incentive programs that ease the pain of training costs and reduce the risk of turnover in the 1st 90 days. .
Cutting Tool Services Operator - 3Rd Shift
Position is 3rd shift hours: 11p - 7a
Grinds carbide cutting tools to specification per work instructions.
- Set up indication and grinding of carbide cutters on CNC grinder
- Must be well versed in CNC machine operation
- Knowledge of cutting tool geometry and clearance tolerances referenced per work instructions
- Ability to work in tolerances of +/- .0001
- Working in fast paced production environment
- Dexterity for repetitive motion for handling hundreds of small parts per day
- Wear proper PPE while in work areas of the shop
- Other related duties as assigned to meet departmental and Company objectives
- Ability to prioritize effectively
- Ability to assimilate and retain quickly a variety of information concerning company organization, policy and products
- Proficient skill level simple mathematics
- Ability to work in metric units of measure as well as imperial
- Must be computer literate
- Know how to use micrometers and calipers and comparators
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
- Ability to work with supervision to realize company goals
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous CNC operation would be preferred
- Able to lift 35 lbs. on occasion
- Stand for extended periods
- Some overtime required.
Established in 1957 in the St. Louis, Missouri area, RotoMetrics got its start as a private, family-owned company. Our commitment to continuously evolving products and practices for solutions that work right the first time has fueled our growth. After initial expansion in the Americas in the 1980s, RotoMetrics' reputation led us to then establishing manufacturing in the United Kingdom and Australia. By 2010, we launched flexible die manufacturing at the industry's most modern factory in Bangkok, Thailand.
Our mission and vision insists upon continual employee development and education. We have a relentless focus on constant improvement. However, we deeply value our past and the values and principles our successes have been built upon. 60 years of quickly delivering complex cutting tools requires more than just precision and automation it demands the experience expertise and skill of our amazing team.
Plasma Cutting Operator
We are seeking a Plasma Cutting Operator to become an integral part of our team! The Welder will use specialized equipment to weld and assemble new metal forms.
- Manufacture and fabricate finished metal products
- Install and repair various equipment and components
- Follow blueprints to meet product specifications
- Calculate material measurements to verify specifications
- Conduct tests to evaluate weld quality and tolerance
- Previous experience in Plasma Cutting, manufacturing, or other related fields
- Familiarity with Plasma tools and procedures
- Familiarity with engineering blueprints and schematics
- Ability to handle physical workload
As one of the largest custom and diverse precision machine/fabrication shops in the southeast, CBM offers a full line of CNC Milling, CNC Turning, fabrication, welding, painting, sandblasting, assembly, and repair services for large parts. Our facility includes 22 overhead cranes with a lifting capacity of up to 100,000 lbs. CBM currently operates 20 hours per day to accommodate our customers needs. CBM is ISO 9001:2008 certified, and woman owned!
Our highly trained staff of Engineers, Machinists, Painters, Quality Technicians, Assembly Technicians, and Fabrication Specialists will ensure that our customer specifications and expectations are met and exceeded. Our engineering department is capable of reverse engineering parts, and creating CAD drawings upon request. CBMs chief objective is to provide quality parts promptly to the leading manufacturers of North America!
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!