Cutting Supervisor Job Description Sample
Cutting Supervisor - 3Rd Shift
To plan and review the activities of production personnel in order to ensure that all procedures and work instructions are followed, while working safely and efficiently to obtain the operating goals of
AK Tube Cutting.
- Provide leadership to ensure an environment that is conducive to employee involvement in an effort to develop high performance teams
- Ensure all facets of the Safety program are being followed by all employees
- Provide training to all employees on current and/or new procedures
- Perform Quality checks and measurements to ensure product meets customer requirements.
- Verify decisions by direct reports regarding non-conforming product and determine cause and effects
- Identify and change work techniques and delegate tasks to ensure the highest level of safety, quality, and productivity
- Develop plans to enhance employee skill sets and maximize their abilities
- Maintain accurate documentation, administer discipline, and develop corrective actions for quality, safety, and performance issues
- Plan and monitor staffing needs including vacation scheduling and approval
- Maintain reporting and communication with AK Tube support personnel
- Perform analysis and report daily key performance measurable such as Yield and Efficiency.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 12 hour shifts on 3rd (6pm-6am)
- 48 hours a week with possibility of additional paid overtime
- 10 Paid holidays
- Vacation available after 90 day probationary period
- Full Medical / Dental / Vision / Rx
- Education reimbursement
- Short term and long term disability - company provided
Pre-employment hair drug screen will be conducted as part of our interviewing process.
AK Tube LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Textile Cutting Supervisor
Job Description Textile Cutting Department Supervisor Experience in the textile cutting field is a plus. This position will supervise 3-5 individuals in the cutting department. Main responsibilities will be motivating, scheduling, time approval and general duties associated with the cutting department.
? At Kelly Services ® , we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100 ™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
® As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion.
Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter . Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Quality Assurance Inspector - Carbide Cutting Tools
A Quality Assurance Inspector at GW Schultz Tool is the last point of contact to make certain that our products meet the highest standards and client specifications. This hands-on position requires a person to be able to inspect endmills and form tools in multiple axis to extreme precision. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Inspect carbide cutting tools manufactured within extremely tight tolerances for conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments and devices.
- Examine tools for proper geometry within specifications of blueprint.
- Compare quantity and part number of items received with procurement data and other specifications to ensure completeness and accuracy of order.
- Approve or reject items, and record inspection and disposition data.
- May inspect incoming raw material, thin film coating, vendor supplied tooling, grinding wheel geometric configurations, final inspections.
- May prepare inspection procedures for reference use in subsequent inspections.
- Run inspection programs for in-process and final inspections on CNC measuring machine.
- Assist in etching product identifications.
- Other duties may be assigned by QA management
A) EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or General education degree (GED); 6 months industry related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education or experience.
B) CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Certification from a qualified training institution in the field of tool and cutter grinding is ideal but not required.
C) HARDWARE/SOFTWARE EXPERIENCE: Must be very comfortable navigating any Windows based computer program.
RELEVANT INSPECTION EQUIPMENT USED:
- Walter Helicheck
- Zoller genius
- Mahr Marvision
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Must be able to communicate effectively with supervisor and co-workers. English being primary language with no bi-lingual requirements.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Strong Geometry knowledge is required. Must also be able to convert metric to inch and do decimal to fraction conversions. Must be impeccable with decimal placement.
REASONING ABILITY: Must have a strong analytical trouble shooting ability and be able to work at a fast pace while making detailed inspections.
PERSONAL DIMENSIONS: Ability to multi-task in a fast paced manufacturing environment. Good work ethics, attendance, transportation, hygiene and teamwork. Ability to work overtime as needed and/or varied shifts. Ability to work effectively in a team environment or independently. Self-motivated.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Standing 90 percent of the day, some bending into the machines and lifting heavy trays of blanks and tools.
WORKPLACE ENVIRONMENT: Noise level is moderate to loud, occasional oil leak or spill, slip resistant shoes are required. Must be able to safely operate equipment with many moving parts and pinch point hazards. Ability to read and interpret documents such as product blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and policy and procedure manuals.
MUST BE LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE US
Through a committed partnership with our customers, our vendors, and our staff, it is the mission of G.W. Schultz Tool to provide those developing and building the future with the finest quality and most innovative carbide cutting tool solutions in the world. We want you to be a part of our team!
2750 Whitehall Park Dr Charlotte, North Carolina, 28273 United States About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Cutting Manager Charlotte, NC
The opportunity: WestRock has an opportunity for a Cutting Manager at our facility in Charlotte, NC. The WestRock Charlotte facility is a folding carton facility committed to creating a safe work environment, building motivated and engaged teams, and producing quality products for our customers. Our success is directly related to our safety, quality, and efficiency. This successful candidate willplay a key role within the leadership team here in Charlotte.
How you will impact WestRock:
Provide oversight and leadership in the cutting department + Ensure the timely production of quality products that meet or exceed customer expectations + Proactively manage departmental metrics that impact cost (downtime, make-readies, run speed and waste) + Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures + Foster a team atmosphere, provide vision, and demonstrate support of the company’s core processes
Be responsible for day-to-day management of assigned departments, through the management of supervisory staff, including achieving production goals, managing performance of direct reports, making sound operational decisions, solving problems, and managing conflict + Think about specific projects and initiatives this individual will work on over the first six months and over the next year (and beyond) + Business unit specific value proposition statements
What you need to succeed:
High school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.); Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university preferred.
Minimum of 5 years of folding carton converting experience
Minimum 5 years’ supervisory experience.
Demonstrated ability to do the jobs he/she is supervising or to quickly gain a working knowledge of those jobs.
The ability to foster team work and motivate individual performers.
The ability to relate effectively with others at all levels of the organization
Knowledge of safety rules and procedures, operating, maintenance, and technical policies and procedures.
Efficient in basic computer skills.
Be effective in verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
The ability to champion and lead change within the department and facility wide.
Identify with and support company leadership and decisions.
Strong technical knowledge of sheet fed press operations + Good mechanical aptitude.
The ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or scheduled form.
The ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference along with fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence + Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities + An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential + A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work. #NC WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans Production/Manufacturing WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Glass Cutting And Tempering Manager
Glass Cutting and Tempering Manager
Depends on Experience
· At least 5 years of experience in Cutting and Tempering.
· Lead through leadership and manage a team dedicated to safety, quality, customer service and continuous improvement.
· Hire, train and lead a team to operate multi-shift cutting and tempering operation. Deliver quality glass production.
· Monitor department excellence through KPI.
· Provide coaching, training and performance appraisal.
· Adhere to company policy always.
· Maintain plant and equipment’s in good condition and maintain quality records.
· Six Sigma Training/Certification /Lean Manufacturing.
High School Diploma
Intermediate Computer skills.
Cross Cutting Capability CCC - Requirements Engineer
Job Title: Cross Cutting Capability CCC - Requirements Engineer Division: SOFTWARE & ENGINEERING Location: Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD Applicants must be a US citizen and possess a US DOD Top Secret w/Full Scope Poly level level security clearance. POSITION SUMMARY Under direction from faculty or staff member or other designated supervisor, to be responsible for or supervise the planning, development, evaluation and testing of new and/or existing electronic circuitry, instrumentation and/or hardware systems of advanced design for use in research or other specialized fields.
Provide development of design of new or improved instrumentation and/or circuitry.
Be responsible for development, testing and evaluation of specialized electronic equipment, instrumentation and/or hardware systems.
Supervise and instruct technicians and/or engineers, as assigned, in the fabrication and testing of electronic equipment and/or hardware systems.
Provide consultation and advice to supervisor on electronic engineering projects.
Monitor tests/experiments in progress and provide support and/or consultation as necessary.
Advise technicians in charge of ordering inventory and equipment on present and future needs.
Plan and supervise maintenance and repair of electronic circuits and equipment, including trouble shooting and diagnosis of problems.
Provide for microcomputer and computer systems evaluation, design and programming, and interface with appropriate computer personnel as necessary.
Conduct seminars on electronic engineering subjects for undergraduate and/or graduate students.
Interpret applicable codes and standards.
Perform related duties as directed. *Other duties as required
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
Four years of experience in professional engineering work.
Expertise in the design of specialized electronic circuitry and equipment.
Knowledge of computer programming.
Supervisory ability Additional Desirable
Advanced degree in Engineering Educational
A master's degree in a electronic engineering plus a minimum of 1 year of specialized experience; or, a bachelor's degree in the professional electronics engineering curriculum plus a minimum of 7 years of applicable experience; or, a bachelor's degree in a professional engineering field with a minimum of 9 years of specialized experience; JBM is an Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled To Apply: Please visit the Careers section of our website, https://jobs-gojbm.icims.com/jobs/intro and submit your resume for consideration. Please provide a salary requirement or range in U.S. dollars. J.B. Management, Inc. (JBM) is a veteran-owned business offering a broad array of services and products to both the Federal Government and commercial customers worldwide. Known as both pioneers and practitioners, JBM provides our clients with Planning and Analysis, Training, Sustainment, Integration, Fielding, Software Development, and Systems Engineering support. We are JBM - Smart Solutions For Those We Serve JBM offers a highly-competitive compensation and benefits package. In 2012, JBM was named one of the "Best Places to Work in Virginia" by Virginia Business Magazine and Best Companies Group. JBM is an EEO / Affirmative Action Employer To apply for this career opportunity, visit our Career Center at https://jobs-gojbm.icims.com/jobs/intro and submit your resume for consideration. Please provide a salary requirement or range in U.S. dollars. Physical Demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Office type environment with temperature control. May be exposed to chemicals related to office equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. General office environment. DISCLAIMER: The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Masters TS/SSBI with FS Poly ID: 2017-1777 Job Location: Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD External Company Name: JB Management External Company URL: www.jbmanagement.com
Laser Cutting System Operator
Laser Cutting System Operator
Lafayette, IN, USA
Full Time Medical, Dental, 401k, Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation and Holidays and More Email Me This Job The Kelly Group, a leader in general construction and metal fabrication with bases in four states, is looking for
Laser Cutting System Operator candidatesfor its
Lafayette, Indiana, location. The essential functions of this position include:
Performing typical laser cutting and welding operations
Selecting proper cutting and welding programs, and proper fixtures
Establishing proper stop location and adjusting laser beam focal point
Making proper setups for cutting and welding operations
Performing prescribed maintenance as required
Performing all dimensional inspections
Detecting and reporting defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor
Working at different workstations as production needs require
Preparing materials to fill orders, set up machines and execute processing
Ensuring proper operation of equipment and quality production
Staging materials to ensure materials and products are properly lifted and loaded
Maintaining an orderly work area QUALIFICATIONS
Experience within a steel fabrication or heavy manufacturing environment is helpful
Strong working knowledge of calipers and other standard measuring devices
Strong mathematical skills, including the ability to work with metric and imperial units
Ability to meet safety standards in appropriate rigging procedures a must
Ability to move parts throughout the facility
Industrial construction experience preferred; will consider related experience and/or training COMPANY OVERVIEW Kelly General Construction Company of Decatur was founded in 1983 as a general contractor and sheet metal fabricator serving industry in Decatur, Illinois. Eleven years later, Kelly Construction of Indiana opened in Lafayette. Now rebranded as The Kelly Group, the company employs about 750 people and has grown to have five metal fabrication facilities across four states -- Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana and Arkansas. The Kelly Group serves the agribusiness community and many other industries, including chemical plants, paper mills and manufacturing facilities in more than 15 states. Today, The Kelly Group provides a range of services as a general contractor, with five metal fabrication facilities ready to support that work. In addition, an expansive contract maintenance staff makes up more than half our employees. EEO STATEMENT The Kelly Group is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
QC Cutting Room Auditor
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for auditing all cuts assigned and assuring that the material used, spreading, markers and cutting quality of the product is in accordance to the methods, specifications, measurements and requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Audit all bundles of assigned cuts. 2. Follow proper inspection method and check product for any possible deviation. 3.
Confirm that markers measurements correspond to shrinkage % determined and specific rolls assigned were used for all cuts inspected. 4. Certify that stablished time between spreading and cutting is met for every assigned cut. 5. Report to QC Supervisor any deviation that affects the quality of the product. 6.
Make a copy of reports, meetings and trainings for Q.C. supervisor. 7. Identify and inform cutting room supervisor any defect on the product in order to be corrected. 8. Release assigned cuts once they meet quality standards. 9.
Record all audits/inspections data on proper work sheet. 10. This position has no supervisory responsibilities. 11. Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed on the job analysis are representative of the skill, and/or ability required.
Education: High School Diploma or GED required. Experience: Cutting room experience preferred but not required. Related experience as in-line inspector or auditor required.
English proficiency. Must be able to measure and properly fill out required forms and documentation.
Other Skills and Abilities: Effective oral and written communication skills required. Physical Demands:
Frequently bends, kneels, reaches out with hands/arms, twist or bends. Must be able to lift/move up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a factory environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. May be exposed to loud manufacturing work environment.
Technical Sales Manager - Metal Cutting
Fives Machining Systems Inc., a member of the Fives Group, is one of the world’s leading machine tool and systems companies serving the durable-goods industry worldwide. Fives MSI offers the chance to grow and develop careers in a world class environment that provides both challenge and reward. If you are seeking an opportunity that allows the freedom and flexibility to make a meaningful contribution, and if you share our enthusiasm and commitment to excellence, we invite you to explore the career opportunities we offer in our global organization. As an innovative partner for global manufacturers we offer our customers tailored machines and systems solutions based on state-of-the-art technology. Machining Systems Inc. retains a flat hierarchy and flexible organization with straight-forward decision making processes. This is a crucial requirement for a dynamically growing company that is always on track with the requirements of the market. The success story of the company owes primarily to our dedicated employees. Working for Fives MSI means taking on challenges and implementing individual ideas as a member of a motivated team. Required Skills Skills & Competencies:
Decisive, self-motivated, confident, and proactive with a strong desire to achieve and exceed.
Willing to travel both domestically and internationally up to 50% of the time.
Comprehensive knowledge/hands-on experience with metal cutting processing.
Thorough understanding of material properties and processing.
Ability to negotiate and close on contracts.
Overall knowledge of entire product/service portfolio:
Knowledge and application of value selling techniques.
Ability to develop & implement sales strategies
Ability to read & understand blueprints & drawings.
Excellent written communication and presentation skills.
Interpersonal communication - Advanced
Capability to utilize the full Microsoft Office Suite software.
Experience with SAP preferred.
Shop floor experience a plus. Required Experience Experience: Five to seven years’ experience in a fast paced capital goods environment – machine tool background
Tubing Cutting Operator
Tubing Cutting Operator
Pro Comp Suspension is the leader in the automotive light truck/jeep aftermarket/off-road suspension systems. We are seeking a Dynamic Tubing Cutting Operator to join our team!
The Tubing Cutting Operator will be responsible and accountable for the daily operation of laser tub cutting, ensuring the machine runs efficiently and in an optimal manner.
This position will be located at our location in Chula Vista, CA in the greater San Diego area.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations;
- Ensures machine parameters to ensure optimal performance of the equipment;
- Performs machine preventative maintenance, machine repair, troubleshooting alignment procedures and optic cleaning to keep equipment at peak operating performance as needed;
- Assists in diagnose of machine errors and faults;
- Troubleshoots and repairs as needed;
- Maintains flexibility of shift/work hours/overtime to meet production demands;
- Willingness to cross-train and perform the work of other job tasks or positions in the Company outside of or in addition to primarily-assigned position, work area or department.
- Follows all safety procedures and maintains a clean and safe work place;
- Enables effective communications between management and operators;
- Maintains efficiency, initiates and implements continuous improvement projects;
- Assists in performing hands-on production and assembly functions;
- Performs related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates;
- Must have a High school diploma or equivalent work experience;
- Must have experience on Laser and CNC tube bending machines;
- Must have a solid working background working with sheet metal;
- Must have proven measurement and mathematical fraction/decimal conversion skills;
- Must be able to effectively troubleshoot and diagnose machine faults and failure;
- Must be able to work any shift;
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Knowledge of assist gases, bend radius and tooling and robotic weld parameters;
- Operating knowledge of processing equipment and processes;
- Must have a proven ability to plan and prioritize workload;
- Must be able to work independently;
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Frequently is required to walk; stand; sit; use foot/feet; use hand/foot controls; use both hands to finger, handle, feel, grip, or drive; use fine finger ability; use wrist motion; reach above/below shoulders;
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and hand-eye coordination;
- Require employees to frequently push/pull/lift from the floor to the table, and lift from table to shoulder level, up to 50 pounds;
Position is in a Manufacturing environment and maybe exposed to moderate temperature changes.
Transamerican Auto Parts is an equal opportunity employer, and is proud of our diverse employee population. Employment offers include a requirement for successful completion of a background investigation, and pre-employment drug screening. We use E-Verify to determine employment eligibility for all new employees. E-Verify is a joint effort among employers, the U.S. Social Security Administration (“SSA”) and U.S. Department of Homeland Security (“DHS”).
Tell us your salary history and current salary requirements
NOTE: Resumes received without a salary history may not be considered
TransAmerican Auto Parts (TAP Worldwide; Pro Comp Suspension and others) is the leader in the off-road automotive aftermarket. That means we have a thing for trucks, Jeeps, and anything else that can climb, crawl, jump, or race through the dirt. We operate in 26 states, and 5 Canadian provinces, with 84 retail stores, 6 U.S. distribution centers, and over 1800 of the best employees in our industry.
In addition to a great compensation plan, we offer a wide range of benefits, including: medical & dental insurance; vision plan; 401(k) Plan; paid holidays; paid vacation; paid sick time; employee purchase program; and many other perks.
When you work with us, you'll be challenged and rewarded!
To learn more about us, visit: www.procompusa.com
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!