Cylinder Batcher Job Description Sample
Our batchers are responsible for preparation and cooking the daily scheduled batches by following formulas and procedures to ensure that all batches meet Quality Assurance compliance. Pre-stage all raw materials.
- High School diploma.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good math skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use measuring instruments and liquid blending.
- Understanding of GMP's for food manufacturing facility.
- Physical Demands:
•Capable of lifting/moving up to 50 lbs boxes on a continuous basis
•Ability to stand for 8 hours
•Ability to deal with constant change
•Ability to make frequent bending, and full body rotating movements
- Ability to work in fast faced environment.
- Basic understanding of blending procedure to include equipment utilization.
Batcher 1, 13, #Nanb1
Batcher (1st Shift, $13/hr)
7 am-3:30 pm Monday-Friday
"Long term opportunity with room for advancement!"
Located in Elkhart, IN. $13 an hour
Employment Professionals- Elkhart Area
Associate will be loading materials into the vat and moving the large vats.
- General labor
- Good attention to detail
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. repeatedly
Please call 574-293-1500 for more information!
Looking for full-time Batch Maker experienced in the mixing and blending of cosmetic products, as well as the maintenance and sanitizing of production equipment, including mixers, tanks, homogenizers, pumps
Experience in the cosmetics or pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Mix and blend cosmetic products
- Operate, maintain and clean manufacturing equipment
- Complete work orders and requests in a timely fashion
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures
- Identify areas of improvement to increase efficiency
- Previous experience in production, manufacturing of cosmetics, OTC's, or other related fields
- Familiarity with manufacturing equipment
- Ability to handle physical workload, lift over 50 lbs.
- Have good math skills,
- Have clean background and good work history
- Familiarity with GMP's
- Attention to detail
Job Title: Manufacturing Mix
Reports To: Mfg Team Lead/Scheduler
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
SUMMARY: Team member is responsible for mixing batches using proper procedures for raw materials, sanitizing and batch processing. Has the ability to understand formulations to create product and work with batching equipment. Responsible for general housekeeping in the mix area according to company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Manufacture Betco Products in accordance with written procedures
- Physical Endurance (handling 55 gallon drums)
- Skill Set & Knowledge (computer literate, understand pounds, grams, millimeters, etc.)
- Self Directed (stays on task, flexible to workload increases/decreases)
- People Skills (work and communicate well within the team and with other departments)
- Stock (rotate stock using F,I,F,O system)
- House Keeping (mix area is wet zone and housekeeping is critical)
- Reading Tanks/Totes (measure for accurate readings)
- Off Loading Tankers (working with lab and truck drivers to fill raw material storage tanks)
- Pumping Product (from mix tanks to holding tanks throughout the plant)
- Rinsing Lines (transfer lines free of product)
- Coordinate with filling (help to eliminate production down time)
- Spills (clean up and dispose of spills using the P,P,E)
- Sanitizing (work with lab on holding tanks, totes, mix tanks)
- Batching (mix raw materials using formulas to create product)
- Equipment (work with maintenance, learn to P.M. the machines you use)
Betco has grown exponentially and now offers hundreds of chemical and equipment solutions, comprehensive market programs and industry-leading training resources for end users and sales professionals.
Concrete Batchers work in our precast concrete manufacturing plant 50-60 hours per week mixing a variety of rocks and sands to meet customers' needs.
- Following mix instructions to create varieties of concrete mixes
- Communicate with drivers and production supervisors to arrange on-site deliveries
- Clean and maintain equipment
- Perform inventory tasks
- Load aggregate using skidloader/bobcat
Overtime is paid after 8 hours EACH day and ALL hours worked on Saturdays.
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays-Including Employee Birthday
- FREE Wellness Program
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Boot Reimbursement Program
• Cook and or prepare food according to Specifications and Recipes
• Calculate quantities needed and control portions
• Follow HACCP
• Direct Helper
• Monitor Helper
• Self-motivated, work independently
• 1 year food prep / cooking background
• Good communication skills
• Must speak, read, and understand English
• Must be able to lift over 60 pounds
• Must have good attendance record and be on time.
• Must be able to stand and move around most of the day
Thermo Pac, LLC, a Stone Mountain, GA based food manufacturing facility, is seeking a self-motivated, results-oriented individual to assume responsibilities as a Production Batcher. The overall purpose of this position is to prepare raw materials prior to cooking.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Comply with processing GMP’s and batching procedures
- Move QA approved ingredients into processing area
- Verify ingredients and lot numbers from batch sheet
- Inspect work area for damaged cases, containers, bags, and boxes of incoming raw ingredients
- Verify QA validated weigh scale
- Inspect cases and containers for foreign material or contamination
- Communicate with Kettle Operator and Supervisor as needed
- Keep containers covered to avoid contamination.
- Maintain a clean work area
- Assist other Batchers and Kettle Operators when time permits.
- Weigh and label each pre-batch container, and partial ingredients before placing in the Warehouse or cooler
- Tape partial boxes and bags
- Communicate with next shift about problems encountered
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications for a Batcher at Thermo Pac, LLC are as follows:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Sensory or judgmental criteria
- Team Player and working with co-workers in a professional manner
- Routine, Continuous performance of specific job duties
- Able to read instructions for weighing and staging raw materials
- Understand basic units of measurement for weighing raw materials
Applicants must be 18 years or older to apply and available to work any shift, weekend, and overtime as needed
Thermo Pac, LLC offers a competitive salary and excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k), and tuition reimbursement
Position - Batcher
REPORTS TO: QA Supervisor
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To prepare batches by measuring and combining dry ingredients, wet ingredients and bulk ingredients from bulk raw materials in accordance with standard product formulas for daily production requirements.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Accurately weigh and measure ingredients per batch formula to meet Production Schedules.
2. Label batches with proper identification.
3. Record lot codes and amounts on batch tickets for proper traceability of ingredients.
4. Notify QA of any ingredient variations or problems.
5. Monitor operation of water treatment systems.
6. Receive bulk ingredients.
7. Keep area clean and organized.
8. Responsible for reporting food safety observations, suspicious behavior and for following all QA food safety, SOPs and GMPs.
1. Must have the ability to read and interpret formulas.
2. Must have basic math skills and ability to calculate requirements per schedule.
3. Basic working knowledge of equipment and machinery.
4. Must be forklift certified.
5. Basic verbal and written skills in English are required.
6. Must be able to work a flexible work schedule per production requirements.
PHYSICAL AND COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Standing: 7+ hours
2. Carrying: (up to 50 lbs) 7+ hours
3. Carrying: (50-75 lbs) 1+ hours
4. Use of both hands: 7+ hours
5. Grasping: both hands (light) 5-6 hours
both hands (firm) 5-6 hours
6. Fine Dexterity: (both hands) 5-6 hours
7. Bending: 5-6 hours
8. Moving in narrow spaces 5-6 hours
9. Walking: 3-4 hours
10. Reaching: 3-4 hours
11. Pushing or Pulling: 3-4 hours
12. Walking up and downstairs 2-3 hours
13. Sitting: 1-2 hours
14. Exposure to hazardous chemicals and microbiological agents.
1. Manufacturing area will be working in an environment with no heating or cooling.
Job Description The Batcher prepares raw materials to be used for production. Job Duties:
The list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time. Use cheese grinder to convert block cheese into a ground format Open packages of cheese Accurately measure ingredients using scale Ability to read and understand batch record documentation Ability to read and write down numbers and data on to batch records Label batched ingredients with correct information Enter information in E21 software program Use pallet jack (either manual or electric) to move pallets of raw materials Complete math calculations Maintain a clean work environment Comply with GMP standards as set forth by company In the event of downtime, work in other areas as directed by your supervisor Follow all safety protocols Dispose of trash and cardboard daily Disassemble machinery and equipment that has been used that day Clean and sanitize equipment using steam hoses and various chemicals Hand wash and sanitize all disassembled machinery parts that have been used that day Reassemble machinery and equipment for following day-s production Run CIP-s (Clean in Place) on production process lines and equipment following SSOP-s (Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures) All other duties as assigned
Requirements Must be at least 18 years of age High School Diploma or Equivalent Must be able to lift up to 55 pounds on a consistent basis
? At Kelly Services ® , we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100 ™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
® As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion.
Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter . Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
The Batcher sets up and operates equipment that blends ingredients, ensuring the pasteurization process is successfully completed and equipment is sanitized as required to meet customer demands by producing quality products while focusing on safety, quality, and productivity.
Sets up, operates and tends to equipment that mixes and cooks ingredients in the manufacturing of food products, according to special formulas and recipes. Troubleshoots and resolves basic to moderate operating difficulties. Verifies correct ingredients
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!