Cylinder Press Operator Apprentice Job Description Sample
Cylinder Press Operator
Cylinder Press Operator, Automatic
A job description listing as featured in SGIA's Job Description Guide.
Alternate Job Titles: Automatic Cylinder Press Operator
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Responsible for setting up and operating an automatic cylinder screen printing press according to written and/or verbal instructions, established company procedures, safety, and quality guidelines. Cleans and maintains press and work station by performing the following duties personally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Receives production order and job assignments from supervisor.
Verifies size, color, and type of substrate and color of ink from job order. Obtains and checks screens, squeegee, and related supplies to produce job.
Sets up press by installing screens, squeegee, flood bar, and by registering stock to press and screen image; sets up feeder, take-off, and stackers.
Sets dryer for proper drying or curing.
Prints proof sheets, checks registration and color matches against job order, and secures supervisor's approval prior to production run.
Prints job maintaining optimum production rate, color density, registration, and quality standard according to customer specifications or company guidelines
Maintains continuous inspection of job specifications and quality throughout production run, collecting production run samples as required.
Follows all safety and operational procedures.
Responsible for directing the work of a press helper.
Completes production records.
Ensure proper cleanliness of press, work station, and immediate press area with assistance of press helper Perform minor press repairs when necessary.
Trains press helper to operate press.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities. Carries out conduct and leadership responsibilities in accordance with company policies, procedures, safety, and applicable laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED): or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standard situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, or crouch and occasionally to sit. The employee must regularly lift/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, toxic chemicals, and heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Some independent travel may be required.
Leroy later sold his sign company but left the fledgling screen printing division with commercial artist Tom Kaiser, who incorporated the division in 1964 as Douglass Screen Printers. His artistic skills, customer savvy and love of community attracted customers and forged a lasting reputation. Tom’s daughter Lisa Kaiser Hickey succeeded his leadership in 1983 and became the third artist-owner in 1996. Lisa added a passion for women’s entrepreneurship and equal opportunity, taking the company to an international level. Fittingly, she was succeeded in leadership by her daughter and artist Lane Hickey Wiggins.
From its inception, screen printing was a difficult process, but Douglass was nearly always first to market with the latest inks, materials, equipment and processes. By 1990, the company was among the first in the industry to move into digital design and print technologies and had won over sixty awards for innovation and design.
Douglass was the first screen printing contractor to NASA, a relationship now spanning over thirty years and soon became a Top 50 screen printer to the U.S. Government Printing Office. Douglass led their community in social and environmental responsibility and became Florida’s first green-certified digital and screen printing facility. After 55 years in SGIA (Specialty Graphic Imaging Association) and more recently PDAA (Professional Decal Applicators Association), ever-evolving technology brought Douglass to another threshold of change.
After seven decades in the graphic communications industry, we remain focused on innovation, creativity and durability. Our “Can Do!” vision is as fresh for today as it was in 1939. Though we’re adding more product lines, we’re adopting the simple name DPRINT. We work where you work: in the cloud, and that means we’re giving you a lot more access and control over your product and you can talk and collaborate with us in real time. Look for our extremely popular Facebook page SignSmilesbyDprint, and follow us on the most popular social media channels Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and Instagram.
This new site myDprint.com will give the tools to do things your way. All of our print-on-demand products featured on this site are competitively priced and come with legendary “Can-Do!” service. You’ll be able to choose from over 270 decals, posters, banners, signs and wall art graphics and have total control of the design. Upload your own images or choose from popular web archives. We have a separate dynamic platform for designing vehicle wraps:
Vehicle wraps by DPRINT
MyDprint.com features an impressive shopping cart and access to our knowledge base of videos and blogs for the latest in how-to, go-to and DO! Experience the fun of our DIY design platform, knowing when you purchase you’ll get exactly what you expect.
So what’s ahead? You can be sure it will be leading-edge and environmentally friendly! It all comes back to “Can Do!” Now, you can too!
Experienced Flexo Press Operator And/Or Press Operator Apprentice
Prime Package & Label Co., LLC (an equal opportunity employer and established label printing company) is looking to hire an experienced press operator.
401K, health and dental insurance, paid vacations and holidays.
Please provide resume.
Prime Package & Label’s mission is to create customer loyalty by providing complete customer satisfaction through 100% on time delivery of top quality labels at the lowest cost. We will accomplish this goal through continuous improvement in the areas of quality, product development, productivity, safety, waste reduction and customer focus.
Press Operator Apprentice - Entry Level
All shifts open at this time. Entry Level In this position you will: Provide immediate support when presses are down Keeps orders separated by size, city, UPC or plant numbers Communicate concerns, issues, and status of specific orders with Team Leaders.
Runs orders, fills out core labels to identify order, and stacks orders on carts. Checks rolls while running for misprinting; report error to pressman and supervisor Cuts out bad labels on rolls and splices rolls. May operate Turret machine as needed Experience/
Requires a high school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.) or equivalent. Previous work experience in manufacturing, particularly in a Printing environment is a plus. Quality conscious and customer focused Self-directed individual with outstanding decision making and problem solving skills Above average comprehension, verbal and written communication skills Interpersonal skills working within a team environment. Mechanical ability Apply today for immediate consideration or refer a qualified friend.
? At Kelly Services ® , we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100 ™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
® As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion.
Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter . Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
If you want to work in a family run business and you looking for full time work that offers medical, dental, PTO time and 401K options. If you are looking to work an off shift (2nd and 3rd) and received a differential on top of your base salary. We have the position for you at Specialty Printing, LLC in East Windsor, CT !!!!
Now hiring for 2nd and 3rd shift Press Apprentice we are looking for a go getter, able to work as a team and the ability to work by yourself.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Responsible for completing any production run from start to finish on any of Specialty Printing’s presses. The function includes becoming mentored in ordering supplies, assisting with setting up and operating the press, cleaning up and performing minor maintenance. Production runs involve printing multiple colors. This position is considered the entry level position for press operators at Specialty Printing and all employees in the press classification must demonstrate proficiency at this level before receiving training or moving onto the Company’s larger, more complicated presses. Initial training will include working with our Quality Control Department to identify proper product and customer expectations for up to two weeks. A qualified employee should be able to monitor all Retail presses in run mode. Depending on the company’s workload, employees in this classification may be asked to operate other company equipment for periods of time.
Work includes most of the following:
- Be familiar and produce daily use of provided PPE devices.
- Obtain jobs from the production schedule and order supplies at least 45 minutes before starting set up for the production run.
- Become familiar and well versed in Minimizing Waste and Downtime Procedure.
- Receive set up job bag from pre press and materials from the Raw Material warehouse. Verify receipt of correct materials & supplies including ink, job ticket, labels, dies, plates and stock material.
- Become versed and acclimated with proper Ink Maintenance and Die care.
- Set up printing press to run job according to work instructions and ISO standards, making necessary fine motor adjustments to insure high quality product. Ensures all equipment and safety devises are operational and that the press and equipment are running at the proper speed to meet safety and quality specifications.
- Ensures the colors and registration are accurate during the production run.
- During production run, notify supervisor/production manager of any non conformance, equipment failures, raw material specification or quality issues, injuries and/or safety hazards.
- Complete press run constantly checking quality and conformance standards.
- Store and label finished product and box/pallet according to job standard.
- Complete all job related paperwork and contact warehouse people to remove finished product.
- Remove and clean printing plates, dies and ink stations and return to Prepress cart
- High School or equivalent.
- Understand basic coating techniques (gravure, roll coating, hot melt, etc.)
- Able to assist with set up of the coating operation
- Able to operate a fork truck (clamp truck)
- Learn and be able to perform basic testing of pressure sensitive products (peel, adhesion to release liner, coat weight, etc.)
- Able to follow basic mixing procedures
- Takes direction from lead operator and performs tasks requested by lead operator
- Familiar with lean manufacturing concepts & techniques
- Responsible to keep equipment & working environment clean & organized
- Inspect printed material visually during production run and readjust controls to correct irregular ink distribution and faulty die cuts.
- Load and re-web the press with paper properly.
- Operate the turn bar and turret. Change Anilox rollers, run ink pumps and set turret.
- Operate camera on press where available.
- Knowledge of all Company ISO quality standards as outlined in the work instructions and updates.
- Maintain a clean machine and work environment. Grease and oil machine as required, perform minor preventative maintenance. Notify maintenance of any necessary significant equipment adjustments or repairs.
- Communicate during entire shift with Mentor, Supervisor, and Quality Department, warehouse personnel, maintenance and other people as necessary through designed systems. ( Radius, Outlook )
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- High school diploma, GED equivalent or advanced technical school training preferred. Other relevant work experience may be substituted for formal education.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is beneficial.
- Read and interpret work instructions, safety guidelines, job instructions, tickets, labels, charts and other work related material.
- Able to assist with set up press to run specific jobs within proscribed times and meet all operational, quality and safety standards.
- With appropriate training, make multiple adjustments to equipment to meet/exceed company job specifications and ISO standards on small presses.
- Communicate with other employees verbally and via computer entering basic data into system, including time sheet information.
- Perform basic math in set ups. Ability to calculate cores, boxes, and material requirements.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Use fine motor skills to make appropriate machine adjustments. Operate all press controls.
- Familiarity with manufacturing environment, operation of moving equipment and/or small printing presses.
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Work safely to prevent on-the-job injuries.
- Familiar with small tool adjustments, use of lift equipment.
- Inspect printed material visually during production and readjust controls to correct irregular ink distribution and faulty die cuts.
- Load and re-web the press with paper properly.
- Operate the turn bar and turret. Change anilox rollers, run ink pumps, and set turret.
Mental and physical requirements:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Understand and observe all Company safety standards. Job involves constant use of hearing protection, work with water based inks, use of degreasers and solvents and other lubricants.Must be highly mobile, able to access all areas of the premises;
- Ability to concentrate and remain focused while handling multiple tasks, responsibilities and projects;
- Ability to work over eight hours in a work day, and over 40 in a work week as necessary;
- Position requires constant standing, frequent reaching, use of hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, stretching and crouching and occasional lifting of up to 75 pounds, pushing paper rolls that weigh up to 300 pounds, constant close attention to detail
- Use of close vision and fine motor skills to detect quality issues
- Occasional communication with supervisor or other employees.
- Work with moving mechanical parts with potential pinch points, cuts and crush points
- Is frequently required to use hands to finger and reach with hands and arms; and
- Vision abilities including close vision and the ability to adjust focus
Cylinder Operator And Sorter
• The primary function of this job is to sort all incoming cylinder shipments by cylinder size, valve configuration and test date compliance to improve facility logistics. Perform pre-fill inspection on all cylinders processed.
• Process incoming cylinders on appropriate blow-down manifolds based on plant demand; scrape / label as needed.
• Operate cylinder prep ovens on schedule to be determined by group leader.
• Conduct proper QC of all prepped product and maintain process documentation.
• Valve/De-valve high pressure cylinders as needed.
• Keep yard neatly organized and free of trash / debris.
• Coordinate and oversee the consolidation and removal of all facility scrap metal, wood, trash and recycling.
• Consolidate shipments of outgoing cylinders to other facilities, log shipment info and coordinate timely off-site transfer with Shipping Department.
• Maintain clearance in front of cylinder pallets for easy access; remove snow as needed.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Strong math skills and basic understanding of unit conversions.
• Requires walking or standing to a significant degree
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
• Ability to read scales and gauges.
• Ability to work a 1st-shift schedule.
• Ability to work overtime as required.
SJS Executives dba FPC of Hampton Roads is a Virginia SWaM certified ( Certification # 677872), Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), Small Business Administration (SBA) 8(a) (Certification # P1053004) and minority owned business dedicated to providing permanent, contract and temporary recruiting and staffing services to private, government and military agencies.
We would welcome the opportunity to partner and earn the right to work with you on your permanent, contract and temporary recruiting and staffing needs. With our focused, proven process, we will provide the best talent for the job.
Gas Cylinder Production Operator I
Airgas, an Air Liquide company is Now Hiring
Gas Cylinder Operator I in Burbank, CA* Are Safety, Ethics and Excellent Customer Service important to you? Are you intrigued by supporting customers in aerospace, hospitals, labs, universities, manufacturing, etc? Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward? Discover an exciting Career with Airgas as our Gas Cylinder Operator I! As the leading U.S. distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and hardgoods, Airgas has a focus on quality products—but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 associates working in approximately 1,100 locations—branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centers—chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you. Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment!
The Production Operator will manually and/or with the aid of material handling equipment, move industrial gas cylinders to different areas of the plant and loads/unloads cylinders from delivery trucks. Essential Job Functions: * All duties and responsibilities shall be performed as set forth in established policies and procedures.
Adhere to and assure compliance with the Code of Conduct/Handbook, policies and procedures and all applicable rules, regulations and standards promulgated by Federal, State and other applicable agencies or regulating bodies.
Must lead within the Airgas culture – putting safety first.
Safely operate forklift, hand-truck, pallet-jack, etc. to load/unload compressed and liquid industrial gas cylinders to and from delivery trucks to filling and storage areas.
May load cylinders onto vehicles manually or with the aid of material handling equipment.
Transfer plant cylinders to different areas within the facility using a forklift.
Identify and sort cylinders for efficient refilling and handling.
Notify supervisor if normal truck loading duties cannot be accomplished for any reason.
Replace pallet straps as necessary.
Complete load sheets accurately and distribute to drivers at the end of shift.
Report any equipment or facility defect(s) to supervisor.
Ensure any accident or injury is promptly reported.
Perform cylinder cleaning, painting and general maintenance when needed.
Other duties as assigned.
* Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Must be customer service oriented and able to interact with the public in a professional manner.
Must be able to work flexible hours to meet customer needs and management expectations.
Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and be detailed-oriented with good organizational skills.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, MSDS, and procedure manuals.
Possess basic mathematic and written skills. Education, Experiences, Certificates/Licenses and/or Registrations:* * * Must have a High School Diploma or the equivalent.
Minimum of one (1) year related experience with industrial gases and/or required training preferred.
Forklift certification required. Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required: While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to sit for long periods and stand to perform work. The associate is required to reach with hands and arms, smell, talk or hear. The associate must be able to lift, push, pull or move up to fifty (50) pounds or more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to noisy and the associate may be exposed to extreme weather. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hearing protection must be worn in designated areas.
Fully enclosed shoes or safety shoes must we worn in designated areas.
Safety glasses must be worn in designated areas.
Must use other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required. Airgas offers a full benefits package includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more... What do our Team Members have to say? “Great place to work with great growth potential” - Director, Atlanta “Opportunity to advance and a great safety program” - Driver, Cheshire “Fun people to work with and flexible management” - Sales Specialist / / / / /Airgas will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO./// / / /EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability/ /Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability/
Title:Gas Cylinder Production Operator I
Flexo Press Operator Level I
Company Description Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global leader in pressure-sensitive and functional materials and labeling solutions for the retail apparel market.
The company's applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and more than 25,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers in the consumer packaging, graphical display, logistics, apparel, industrial and healthcare industries. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company reported sales of $6.1 billion in 2016.
Learn more at www.averydennison.com Job Description This position specializes in up to two-color supply production on multiple presses. You will interpret order specifications and perform press set-up, press operations, general and preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and safety related housekeeping. RESPONSIBILITIES: 1.
Interpret order specifications/special instructions and ensures all production materials are at press prior to set-up. Inspect cylinders, plates, and other tooling/parts to ensure a proficient and high quality production run. 2. With high proficiency, performs all standard up to two color set-ups on assigned presses.
Set-up includes printing cylinder preparation and installation, mounting plates/tooling, ink fountain and rollers, loading supply rolls, splicing webs, setting impressions, and processing set-ups which include proper web tension, registration, and print quality. Approves own set-up. 3. Operates assigned press through production run performing required adjustments, maintenance, and maintains ink color. 4.
Applies knowledge and skills in performing preventative/general maintenance (cleaning and lubrication,) troubleshooting, and corrective action. 5. Records and reports all finished production. Completes and processes all related documentation via PC or hand written. 6.
As a member of a production support team trains, assists, and supports other team members in problem solving and meeting department goals. Continuously reviews current processes and searches out improvement methods to improve product/process quality, reduce waste, rework and unnecessary work that adds no value to the work or process. 7. Performs general housekeeping tasks and waste removal within department/group and assists other areas as required. 8.
Based on business need, assists/supports in other job functions within process or other company processes within scope and ability. 9. Will be required to follow ISO Work Instructions as well as Operator Process Verification. Qualifications 1.
High school graduate or GED. 2. Demonstrated proficiency in basic math calculation. 3. Demonstrated mechanical aptitude. 4.
Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions. 5. Must be able to learn and demonstrate proficiency in the use of product overlay gauges and read shop scale within training period. 6. Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 lbs. by hand or with lift aids, and push, pull, and turn 150 lbs. with lift aids.
Maneuvers up to 1584 lbs. with a hand truck. 7. Must be able to continuously stand, stoop, and bend. 8. Must have good vision including color. 9.
Must be able to learn and demonstrate basic PC skills reporting production. Additional Information All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
CNC Brake Press Operator / CNC Press Brake Operator
We are looking for a CNC Brake Press Operator / CNC Press Brake Operator for a company near Delhi (Cincinnati). We have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts available. This is a long-term opportunity, with room for growth. Ideal candidates will be able to set up machine, and edit programs as needed. Programming experience is a plus, but isn't required.
CNC Brake Press Operator / CNC Press Brake Operator
- Responsible for operation, proving programs, operating controls, setting all machine functions, deburring and inspection of parts to assure conformance will be required.
- Must be able to work from drawings and sketches, read and understand manuals/specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished products, sequence of operations and set up requirements.
- Skilled in organizing work area before and after parts are processed, stacking completed parts properly on blocks or pallet to eliminate double handling and work efficiently
- Detects equipment malfunctions or out of tolerance machining and adjusts machine within capabilities. Reports all machine malfunctions to Management.
- Ability to calculate, blank sizes, bend locations, appropriate tonnage and tooling for each part being formed
- Communicates with management, production control, quality and other shop personnel for assignments and to resolve machining or quality issues
- May perform other duties as assigned by management
- Fork lift experience needed.
CNC Brake Press Operator / CNC Press Brake Operator
- At least 1 year of experience with a CNC brake press
- Ability to set up machine and edit programs as needed
- Open to OT work as needed
- Ability to read blueprints
CNC Brake Press Operator / CNC Press Brake Operator Compensation: Up to $19/hr. based on experience
Brake Press Operator Or Punch Press Operator
Break press operator or punch press operator
metal fabrication machine shop
Us citizen or green card
first-SHIFT (6am- 2:30 PM)
overtime as needed
Location: North Hollywood, California
(818) area code
salary: $17-18 per hour
direct hire with benefits - health insurance and 401K
Work 22, a Los Angeles, Ca.-based employment agency, recruites candidates for both direct hire and temp to hire Southern California jobs and nationwide searches in the following fields: manufacturing, engineering, aerospace, warehouse, and office. This is a free service for job seekers.
Press Operator Trainee - Rfid Press
Press Operator Trainee - RFID Press Return to Job Opportunities Job Details Job Location Nashville, TN - Franklin, TN Description At Resource Label Group, we believe that our talented employees are the leading factor behind our competitive advantage within the commercial label space. Add innovation and investments in state-of-the-art flexographic and digital printing technology and we are able to partner with our customers to address the toughest application challenges – from concept and design, through print production and label application within any of our 15 sites nationwide! Printing is a craft. If you are interested in learning a craft and seeking more than “just a job” we need to talk! We are currently recruiting PRESS OPERATOR TRAINEES who are passionate about printing or mechanically minded to work in a climate controlled, indoor environment and receive:
Hands on one-on-one training with experienced Press Operators
Company paid Flexo Commercial Printing classes
The opportunity to start a career with a path to becoming a craftsman, giving you more control of your own destiny
A competitive starting rate with high earning potential Day to day responsibilities include assisting in set up and operation of printing press producing RFID security labels using UV and water-based inks on 7" to 17" presses with up to 10 color stations, custom narrow web flexo Mark Andy presses. Additional duties include:
Read job order, load dies into press, install print cylinder on shaft, and install print cylinder in press
Fill ink pans, screens, and pumps with prescribed inks
Splice end of roll to stock remaining on press, adjusts tension, and feed as directed
Start press, adjusting speed and alignment of stock to the print cylinder as necessary
Engage print cylinders; adjust printing impression, and place print cylinders lead-to-lead
Cut sample of approval strip from printed roll, inspect for imperfections such as print to print out of register, print to die out of register, missing impression, ink starvation or color adjustments
Clean plates and print cylinders and dies
Assists in the performance of daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance
Mix inks to produce and maintain desired colors and viscosity Qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent required
Technical training in printing related field and/or machine operation experience to include mechanical troubleshooting Return to Job Opportunities
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!