Cylinder Press Operator Apprentice Job Description Sample
Printing Press / Bindery Operator - Apprentice
Are you mechanically inclined? Are you a machine operator in another industry looking to change careers? Are you a recent high-school graduate looking to earn good money in a traditional trade?
Hagg Press, Inc. is currently looking for entry-level workers to "learn the ropes" and operate machines in our pressroom and bindery departments.
If you are interested, please submit a resume for consideration.
If you want to work in a family run business and you looking for full time work that offers medical, dental, PTO time and 401K options. If you are looking to work an off shift (2nd and 3rd) and received a differential on top of your base salary. We have the position for you at Specialty Printing, LLC in East Windsor, CT !!!!
Now hiring for 2nd and 3rd shift Press Apprentice we are looking for a go getter, able to work as a team and the ability to work by yourself.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Responsible for completing any production run from start to finish on any of Specialty Printing’s presses. The function includes becoming mentored in ordering supplies, assisting with setting up and operating the press, cleaning up and performing minor maintenance. Production runs involve printing multiple colors. This position is considered the entry level position for press operators at Specialty Printing and all employees in the press classification must demonstrate proficiency at this level before receiving training or moving onto the Company’s larger, more complicated presses. Initial training will include working with our Quality Control Department to identify proper product and customer expectations for up to two weeks. A qualified employee should be able to monitor all Retail presses in run mode. Depending on the company’s workload, employees in this classification may be asked to operate other company equipment for periods of time.
Work includes most of the following:
- Be familiar and produce daily use of provided PPE devices.
- Obtain jobs from the production schedule and order supplies at least 45 minutes before starting set up for the production run.
- Become familiar and well versed in Minimizing Waste and Downtime Procedure.
- Receive set up job bag from pre press and materials from the Raw Material warehouse. Verify receipt of correct materials & supplies including ink, job ticket, labels, dies, plates and stock material.
- Become versed and acclimated with proper Ink Maintenance and Die care.
- Set up printing press to run job according to work instructions and ISO standards, making necessary fine motor adjustments to insure high quality product. Ensures all equipment and safety devises are operational and that the press and equipment are running at the proper speed to meet safety and quality specifications.
- Ensures the colors and registration are accurate during the production run.
- During production run, notify supervisor/production manager of any non conformance, equipment failures, raw material specification or quality issues, injuries and/or safety hazards.
- Complete press run constantly checking quality and conformance standards.
- Store and label finished product and box/pallet according to job standard.
- Complete all job related paperwork and contact warehouse people to remove finished product.
- Remove and clean printing plates, dies and ink stations and return to Prepress cart
- High School or equivalent.
- Understand basic coating techniques (gravure, roll coating, hot melt, etc.)
- Able to assist with set up of the coating operation
- Able to operate a fork truck (clamp truck)
- Learn and be able to perform basic testing of pressure sensitive products (peel, adhesion to release liner, coat weight, etc.)
- Able to follow basic mixing procedures
- Takes direction from lead operator and performs tasks requested by lead operator
- Familiar with lean manufacturing concepts & techniques
- Responsible to keep equipment & working environment clean & organized
- Inspect printed material visually during production run and readjust controls to correct irregular ink distribution and faulty die cuts.
- Load and re-web the press with paper properly.
- Operate the turn bar and turret. Change Anilox rollers, run ink pumps and set turret.
- Operate camera on press where available.
- Knowledge of all Company ISO quality standards as outlined in the work instructions and updates.
- Maintain a clean machine and work environment. Grease and oil machine as required, perform minor preventative maintenance. Notify maintenance of any necessary significant equipment adjustments or repairs.
- Communicate during entire shift with Mentor, Supervisor, and Quality Department, warehouse personnel, maintenance and other people as necessary through designed systems. ( Radius, Outlook )
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- High school diploma, GED equivalent or advanced technical school training preferred. Other relevant work experience may be substituted for formal education.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is beneficial.
- Read and interpret work instructions, safety guidelines, job instructions, tickets, labels, charts and other work related material.
- Able to assist with set up press to run specific jobs within proscribed times and meet all operational, quality and safety standards.
- With appropriate training, make multiple adjustments to equipment to meet/exceed company job specifications and ISO standards on small presses.
- Communicate with other employees verbally and via computer entering basic data into system, including time sheet information.
- Perform basic math in set ups. Ability to calculate cores, boxes, and material requirements.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Use fine motor skills to make appropriate machine adjustments. Operate all press controls.
- Familiarity with manufacturing environment, operation of moving equipment and/or small printing presses.
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Work safely to prevent on-the-job injuries.
- Familiar with small tool adjustments, use of lift equipment.
- Inspect printed material visually during production and readjust controls to correct irregular ink distribution and faulty die cuts.
- Load and re-web the press with paper properly.
- Operate the turn bar and turret. Change anilox rollers, run ink pumps, and set turret.
Mental and physical requirements:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Understand and observe all Company safety standards. Job involves constant use of hearing protection, work with water based inks, use of degreasers and solvents and other lubricants.Must be highly mobile, able to access all areas of the premises;
- Ability to concentrate and remain focused while handling multiple tasks, responsibilities and projects;
- Ability to work over eight hours in a work day, and over 40 in a work week as necessary;
- Position requires constant standing, frequent reaching, use of hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, stretching and crouching and occasional lifting of up to 75 pounds, pushing paper rolls that weigh up to 300 pounds, constant close attention to detail
- Use of close vision and fine motor skills to detect quality issues
- Occasional communication with supervisor or other employees.
- Work with moving mechanical parts with potential pinch points, cuts and crush points
- Is frequently required to use hands to finger and reach with hands and arms; and
- Vision abilities including close vision and the ability to adjust focus
Cylinder Operator And Painter
• The primary duty of this job is to prep and paint cylinders to specification.
• Migrate painting function from end of production process to the beginning of production process.
• Process incoming cylinders on appropriate blow-down manifolds based on plant demand; scrape / label as needed.
• Operate cylinder prep ovens as needed.
• Conduct proper QC of all prepped product and maintain process documentation, as needed.
• Valve/De-valve high pressure cylinders as needed.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Strong math skills and basic understanding of unit conversions.
• Requires walking or standing to a significant degree
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
• Ability to read scales and gauges.
• Ability to work a 1st-shift schedule.
• Ability to work overtime as required.
SJS Executives dba FPC of Hampton Roads is a Virginia SWaM certified ( Certification # 677872), Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), Small Business Administration (SBA) 8(a) (Certification # P1053004) and minority owned business dedicated to providing permanent, contract and temporary recruiting and staffing services to private, government and military agencies.
We would welcome the opportunity to partner and earn the right to work with you on your permanent, contract and temporary recruiting and staffing needs. With our focused, proven process, we will provide the best talent for the job.
Cylinder Handler/Fill Plant Operator
We are looking for highly self-motivated, energetic, and customer friendly individual Cylinder Loader to join are great team in the Shreveport, LA area!!
Red Ball Oxygen Co., Inc. is a privately owned distributor of Industrial, Specialty, and Medical Gases, welding and industrial equipment, and safety supplies. We have 19 retail operations in Louisiana, Texas, and Arkansas, with packaged gas production capabilities in Shreveport, LA, Dallas/Fort Worth, TX and Houston, TX.
This position is responsible for loading and unloading cylinders on vehicles, shipping and receiving of cylinders, cylinder staging and limited customer service. To include moving cylinders to other designated destinations along with ensuring the accuracy and safety of the product Reports to Site or Operations Manager/Supervisor. Interacts with customers, sales, management and other operations personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Responsible for loading and unloading cylinders on assigned trucks or tractors or other designated areas throughout the location including (but not limited to) checking identification, labels, valves, styles, to see if cylinder needs filled or should remain empty, to see if cylinder needs painted or has any marks, following required procedures to insure safe storage of all cylinder products
2. Responsible for making sure all loads are secure prior deliveries. This task includes (but not limited to) securing all cylinders or material by checking strapping, location of cylinder in vehicle, that the correct cylinders are loaded, checking that all cylinders have been checked and have proper tags. This task also requires that all safety procedures and policies be followed to insure the safety of any equipment, containers, or materials.
3. Responsible for material handling of cylinders both manually, use of dollies, carts and forklifts.
4. Ability to transport vehicles (including but not limited to) trucks, tractors, forklift, and cylinder carts requiring different dock locations when loading or unloading trucks or tractors. This task also requires that all safety procedures and policies be followed to insure the safety of any equipment, containers, or materials
5. Responsible for housekeeping duties for both safety and appearance purposes.
6. Responsible for loading and unloading cylinders on assigned trucks or tractors or other designated areas throughout the location including (but not limited to) checking identification, labels, valves, styles, to see if cylinder needs filled or should remain empty, to see if cylinder needs painted or has any marks, following required procedures to insure safe storage of all cylinder products
7. Responsible for making sure all loads are secure prior deliveries. This task includes (but not limited to) securing all cylinders or material by checking strapping, location of cylinder in vehicle, that the correct cylinders are loaded, checking that all cylinders have been checked and have proper tags. This task also requires that all safety procedures and policies be followed to insure the safety of any equipment, containers, or materials.
8. Responsible for material handling of cylinders both manually, use of dollies, carts and forklifts.
9. Ability to transport vehicles (including but not limited to) trucks, tractors, forklift, and cylinder carts requiring different dock locations when loading or unloading trucks or tractors. This task also requires that all safety procedures and policies be followed to insure the safety of any equipment, containers, or materials. Responsible for housekeeping duties for both safety and appearance purposes.
10. Adheres to all quality assurance policies and standards.
11. Notifies supervisor of quality assurance problems.
12. Performs other projects and duties as assigned.
Here are a few good reasons:
Compensation package including:
· Excellent Health Benefits Package; Medical, Dental, Vision
· Top-of-the-line 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
· Paid Time Off; Holidays, Floaters
Note: Red Ball Oxygen Co., Inc. retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Cylinder Maintenance Operator
Overview The Linde Group is known as one of the world leaders in gases, engineering and healthcare. We operate in more than 100 countries across the globe and generated revenue of 17.9 billion euro in 2015.
But what makes us great is our people because they make great things happen. Linde employees take pride in what they do because they know it makes a real difference to our customers. They are empowered to turn a challenge into an opportunity to learn and grow.
This is how they take the lead, every day. Linde is currently seeking a Cylinder Maintenance Operator to join the team in the Knoxville, TN area. Purpose of the Position:
Under the supervision of the Plant Manager, will be responsible for cylinder maintenance. Must be able to work effectively in a team environment with a minimum of supervision and must maintain a positive working relationship with customers and employees. Responsibilities Understand and adhere to company safe work policies, including Golden Safety Rules Operate paint and shotblast equipment Bar Coding of Cylinders Cylinder valving and devalving Cylinder external inspection Operate a forklift Work with plant team to identify non-conforming cylinders Qualifications Basic High School Degree Minimum 1 Year mechanical industrial experience Other Knowledge of compressed gas handling and associated safety procedures is an asset Strong mechanical aptitude an asset Good communication and interpersonal skills Demonstrated team player customer service focused Forklift license an asset Linde offers excellent salaries, world-class benefits, and unparalleled opportunities for development – all to create an invigorating and satisfying environment.
Join a World Leading Team Today Linde is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Company provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status or any legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable federal, state, or local laws. SDL2017
Brake Press Operator Or Punch Press Operator
Break press operator or punch press operator
metal fabrication machine shop
Us citizen or green card
High school diploma or GED is require
first-SHIFT (6am- 2:30 PM)
overtime as needed
Location: North Hollywood, California
(818) area code
salary: $17-18 per hour
direct hire with benefits - health insurance and 401K
Work 22, a Los Angeles, Ca.-based employment agency, recruites candidates for both direct hire and temp to hire Southern California jobs and nationwide searches in the following fields: manufacturing, engineering, aerospace, warehouse, and office. This is a free service for job seekers.
Digital Press Operator - HP Indigo Press Operator -
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* KEEN EYE TO DETAIL IS A MUST!
* Prepares and produces orders on Indigo print press.
* Ensures Indigo printed color matches
* intended color; makes correct press adjustments and/or communicates to prepress what adjustments are required to successfully match colors to samples as needed.
* Assesses multiple proofing options and compares with Indigo printing results.
* Trouble-shoots challenging orders/projects.
* Interacts with, die-cutters, prepress, rewinders, folder gluers, and planners.
* Follows published schedule.
* Maintains equipment, cleanliness and organization of department.
* Understands and prepares paperwork related to order/project.
* Lifts and maneuvers product weighing as much as 75 pounds.
* Logs in and out of shift – documenting the Indigo impression meter count each day.
* Moves stock/substrates to and from Indigo presses.
* Contacts HP for assistance when appropriate.
* Coats printed product to meet customer requirements as needed.
* Performs other job duties as assigned.
* Must pass Indigo qualification test and annual recertification test.
* Must demonstrate understanding of department and company documentation, including policies and procedures.
* Must demonstrate understanding of material options and their impact on results.
* Must demonstrate understanding department workflow and production methods.
* Must demonstrate ability to perform the preventive maintenance required on Indigo press.
* Must be able to perform arithmetic including fractions, ratios, and decimals.
* Must be able to troubleshoot machine mechanical issues.
* Must demonstrate understanding of color relationships (theory).
* Must be proficient in use of GMAIL, Word, and Excel software.
* Must be able to communicate effectively with co-workers, suppliers, and clients.
* Must be able to maintain a professional demeanor focusing on desired outcomes during challenging and stressful periods and projects
* Must demonstrate a proactive, creative approach to projects and the potential difficulties they may present.
* Must be dependable and consistent.
* Must demonstrate understanding of and follow safety, maintenance, and quality procedures.
* Must possess the organizational skills necessary to process documentation accurately.
* Must pass color vision and color hue tests.
* Must be able to maintain good attendance.
* Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
* Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Certified Press Operator
- Works well under pressure
- Train others on skill/craft
- Knows and has full understanding of quality standards
- Perform press checks
- Make ready and operate offset printing press.
- Examine job order to determine quantity to print, stock specifications, colors and special printing instructions.
- Examine offset printing plates for visual defects and apply correcting solution to repair minor defect or inform supervisor of unrepairable plates.
- Apply packing sheet to blanket cylinder to build up blanket thickness to diameter of plate cylinder.
- Measure paper thickness and adjust space between blanket and impression cylinders according to thickness of paper stock.
- Adjust controls to regulate flow of ink and dampening solution to plate cylinder.
- Start press, examine printed copy for ink density, position on paper and registration and makes adjustments to press throughout production run to maintain specific registration and color density.
- Make adjustments to feeder and delivery mechanism.
- Remove and replace worn rollers and adjust pressure between rollers of press, using hand tools.
- Lead, give direction to, train, and monitor work of press assistant.
- Perform proper and required maintenance as well as cleaning of press.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager.
Requires 10+ years of First or Second Pressman experience with an in-depth knowledge of the mechanics and capabilities of presses. Need to be able to accurately distinguish color variation. Journeyman or Master Printers of America Certification. UV, KBA 105, and/or Heidelberg 8 Color experience is a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Flexographic Press Operator
Immediate need for Flexographic Press Operators at an established and rewarding company located in Kansas City, KS! We are looking for both 2nd shift (3pm-11pm) and 3rd shift (11pm-7am) candidates.
· 1) Sets up and operates flexographic printing press to print designs or lettering on rolls of flexible plastic film, paper, and nonabsorbent stock for use in making products, such as plastic, paper, or waxed paper bags, and paper drinking cups: Reads job order and mounts specified rubber plate and printing dies on cylinder, installs cylinder on shaft, and secures assembly in bed of press.
· 2) Fills dye fonts with prescribed inks or dyes.
· 3) Moves levers to engage dye rolls, adjusting position of cylinder to print two or more colors without overlapping or smearing previously printed area.
· 4) Inserts shaft through core of paper or plastic roll and secures roll on press in feed position.
· 5) Splices end of roll to trailer sheet remaining in press, using tape, and turns handwheel to regulate roll tension and feed as directed.
· 6) Starts press, adjusting speed, tension, and alignment of printing plate as necessary.
· 7) Cuts sample of printed material from end of printed roll and inspects for imperfections, such as blurred or off-center impressions.
· 8) Cleans rubber plate, cylinder, and dye fonts, using solvent, and lubricates press as needed, using grease gun.
Benefits of working with CHASE: Health Care Coverage- Associates of CHASE Professionals are immediately eligible to participate in our exceptional health care coverage! If you elect to enroll in this plan, coverage begins the Monday following your first payroll deduction.
Direct Deposit- You can have your paychecks directly deposited directly into the financial institution of your choice. This method is convenient and provides increased security.
Payrolled Employees- Associates referred to us by our client companies to be processed on CHASE Professionals payroll.
WebCenter- Our WebCenter can provide easy online access to your paycheck history and W-2 information.
Cylinder Prep Operator / Sorter - Specialty Gases: Plumsteadville, PA
A Super Opportunity Awaits You!Airgas Specialty Gases, an Air Liquide company, the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding and safety products is seeking a Cylinder Prep Operator / Sorter in Plumsteadville, PA. This is a temporary to permanent opportunity. Job
• The primary function of this job is to sort all incoming cylinder shipments by cylinder size, valve configuration and test date compliance to improve facility logistics.
Perform pre-fill inspection on all cylinders processed. • Process incoming cylinders on appropriate blow-down manifolds based on plant demand; scrape / label as needed. • Operate cylinder prep ovens on schedule to be determined by group leader. • Conduct proper QC of all prepped product and maintain process documentation. • Valve/De-valve high pressure cylinders as needed. • Keep yard neatly organized and free of trash / debris. • Coordinate and oversee the consolidation and removal of all facility scrap metal, wood, trash and recycling. • Consolidate shipments of outgoing cylinders to other facilities, log shipment info and coordinate timely off-site transfer with Shipping Department. • Maintain clearance in front of cylinder pallets for easy access; remove snow as needed. Safety: • Adhere to all Standard Operating Procedures. • Reviews SDS for all chemicals present in handled cylinders. • Works in a safe manner while handling cylinders at all times. • Promptly report all safety incidents and / or concerns promptly to management. • Wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required by the PPE matrix. General
• High School Diploma or GED required. • Strong math skills and basic understanding of unit conversions. • Requires walking or standing to a significant degree • Must be able to lift 50 lbs. • Ability to read scales and gauges. • Ability to work a 1st-shift schedule. • Ability to work overtime as required.
NOTE: The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This description of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive or to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Title:Cylinder Prep Operator / Sorter - Specialty Gases: Plumsteadville, PA
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!