Cylinder Sander Operator Job Description Sample
Cylinder Operator And Painter
• The primary duty of this job is to prep and paint cylinders to specification.
• Migrate painting function from end of production process to the beginning of production process.
• Process incoming cylinders on appropriate blow-down manifolds based on plant demand; scrape / label as needed.
• Operate cylinder prep ovens as needed.
• Conduct proper QC of all prepped product and maintain process documentation, as needed.
• Valve/De-valve high pressure cylinders as needed.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Strong math skills and basic understanding of unit conversions.
• Requires walking or standing to a significant degree
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
• Ability to read scales and gauges.
• Ability to work a 1st-shift schedule.
• Ability to work overtime as required.
SJS Executives dba FPC of Hampton Roads is a Virginia SWaM certified ( Certification # 677872), Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), Small Business Administration (SBA) 8(a) (Certification # P1053004) and minority owned business dedicated to providing permanent, contract and temporary recruiting and staffing services to private, government and military agencies.
We would welcome the opportunity to partner and earn the right to work with you on your permanent, contract and temporary recruiting and staffing needs. With our focused, proven process, we will provide the best talent for the job.
Cylinder Handler/Fill Plant Operator
We are looking for highly self-motivated, energetic, and customer friendly individual Cylinder Loader to join are great team in the Shreveport, LA area!!
Red Ball Oxygen Co., Inc. is a privately owned distributor of Industrial, Specialty, and Medical Gases, welding and industrial equipment, and safety supplies. We have 19 retail operations in Louisiana, Texas, and Arkansas, with packaged gas production capabilities in Shreveport, LA, Dallas/Fort Worth, TX and Houston, TX.
This position is responsible for loading and unloading cylinders on vehicles, shipping and receiving of cylinders, cylinder staging and limited customer service. To include moving cylinders to other designated destinations along with ensuring the accuracy and safety of the product Reports to Site or Operations Manager/Supervisor. Interacts with customers, sales, management and other operations personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Responsible for loading and unloading cylinders on assigned trucks or tractors or other designated areas throughout the location including (but not limited to) checking identification, labels, valves, styles, to see if cylinder needs filled or should remain empty, to see if cylinder needs painted or has any marks, following required procedures to insure safe storage of all cylinder products
2. Responsible for making sure all loads are secure prior deliveries. This task includes (but not limited to) securing all cylinders or material by checking strapping, location of cylinder in vehicle, that the correct cylinders are loaded, checking that all cylinders have been checked and have proper tags. This task also requires that all safety procedures and policies be followed to insure the safety of any equipment, containers, or materials.
3. Responsible for material handling of cylinders both manually, use of dollies, carts and forklifts.
4. Ability to transport vehicles (including but not limited to) trucks, tractors, forklift, and cylinder carts requiring different dock locations when loading or unloading trucks or tractors. This task also requires that all safety procedures and policies be followed to insure the safety of any equipment, containers, or materials
5. Responsible for housekeeping duties for both safety and appearance purposes.
6. Responsible for loading and unloading cylinders on assigned trucks or tractors or other designated areas throughout the location including (but not limited to) checking identification, labels, valves, styles, to see if cylinder needs filled or should remain empty, to see if cylinder needs painted or has any marks, following required procedures to insure safe storage of all cylinder products
7. Responsible for making sure all loads are secure prior deliveries. This task includes (but not limited to) securing all cylinders or material by checking strapping, location of cylinder in vehicle, that the correct cylinders are loaded, checking that all cylinders have been checked and have proper tags. This task also requires that all safety procedures and policies be followed to insure the safety of any equipment, containers, or materials.
8. Responsible for material handling of cylinders both manually, use of dollies, carts and forklifts.
9. Ability to transport vehicles (including but not limited to) trucks, tractors, forklift, and cylinder carts requiring different dock locations when loading or unloading trucks or tractors. This task also requires that all safety procedures and policies be followed to insure the safety of any equipment, containers, or materials. Responsible for housekeeping duties for both safety and appearance purposes.
10. Adheres to all quality assurance policies and standards.
11. Notifies supervisor of quality assurance problems.
12. Performs other projects and duties as assigned.
Here are a few good reasons:
Compensation package including:
· Excellent Health Benefits Package; Medical, Dental, Vision
· Top-of-the-line 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
· Paid Time Off; Holidays, Floaters
Note: Red Ball Oxygen Co., Inc. retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Cylinder Maintenance Operator
Overview The Linde Group is known as one of the world leaders in gases, engineering and healthcare. We operate in more than 100 countries across the globe and generated revenue of 17.9 billion euro in 2015.
But what makes us great is our people because they make great things happen. Linde employees take pride in what they do because they know it makes a real difference to our customers. They are empowered to turn a challenge into an opportunity to learn and grow.
This is how they take the lead, every day. Linde is currently seeking a Cylinder Maintenance Operator to join the team in the Knoxville, TN area. Purpose of the Position:
Under the supervision of the Plant Manager, will be responsible for cylinder maintenance. Must be able to work effectively in a team environment with a minimum of supervision and must maintain a positive working relationship with customers and employees. Responsibilities Understand and adhere to company safe work policies, including Golden Safety Rules Operate paint and shotblast equipment Bar Coding of Cylinders Cylinder valving and devalving Cylinder external inspection Operate a forklift Work with plant team to identify non-conforming cylinders Qualifications Basic High School Degree Minimum 1 Year mechanical industrial experience Other Knowledge of compressed gas handling and associated safety procedures is an asset Strong mechanical aptitude an asset Good communication and interpersonal skills Demonstrated team player customer service focused Forklift license an asset Linde offers excellent salaries, world-class benefits, and unparalleled opportunities for development – all to create an invigorating and satisfying environment.
Join a World Leading Team Today Linde is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Company provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status or any legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable federal, state, or local laws. SDL2017
Gas Cylinder Production Operator I
Airgas, an Air Liquide company is Now Hiring
Gas Cylinder Operator I in Burbank, CA* Are Safety, Ethics and Excellent Customer Service important to you? Are you intrigued by supporting customers in aerospace, hospitals, labs, universities, manufacturing, etc? Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward? Discover an exciting Career with Airgas as our Gas Cylinder Operator I! As the leading U.S. distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and hardgoods, Airgas has a focus on quality products—but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 associates working in approximately 1,100 locations—branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centers—chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you. Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment!
The Production Operator will manually and/or with the aid of material handling equipment, move industrial gas cylinders to different areas of the plant and loads/unloads cylinders from delivery trucks. Essential Job Functions: * All duties and responsibilities shall be performed as set forth in established policies and procedures.
Adhere to and assure compliance with the Code of Conduct/Handbook, policies and procedures and all applicable rules, regulations and standards promulgated by Federal, State and other applicable agencies or regulating bodies.
Must lead within the Airgas culture – putting safety first.
Safely operate forklift, hand-truck, pallet-jack, etc. to load/unload compressed and liquid industrial gas cylinders to and from delivery trucks to filling and storage areas.
May load cylinders onto vehicles manually or with the aid of material handling equipment.
Transfer plant cylinders to different areas within the facility using a forklift.
Identify and sort cylinders for efficient refilling and handling.
Notify supervisor if normal truck loading duties cannot be accomplished for any reason.
Replace pallet straps as necessary.
Complete load sheets accurately and distribute to drivers at the end of shift.
Report any equipment or facility defect(s) to supervisor.
Ensure any accident or injury is promptly reported.
Perform cylinder cleaning, painting and general maintenance when needed.
Other duties as assigned.
* Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Must be customer service oriented and able to interact with the public in a professional manner.
Must be able to work flexible hours to meet customer needs and management expectations.
Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and be detailed-oriented with good organizational skills.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, MSDS, and procedure manuals.
Possess basic mathematic and written skills. Education, Experiences, Certificates/Licenses and/or Registrations:* * * Must have a High School Diploma or the equivalent.
Minimum of one (1) year related experience with industrial gases and/or required training preferred.
Forklift certification required. Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required: While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to sit for long periods and stand to perform work. The associate is required to reach with hands and arms, smell, talk or hear. The associate must be able to lift, push, pull or move up to fifty (50) pounds or more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to noisy and the associate may be exposed to extreme weather. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hearing protection must be worn in designated areas.
Fully enclosed shoes or safety shoes must we worn in designated areas.
Safety glasses must be worn in designated areas.
Must use other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required. Airgas offers a full benefits package includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more... What do our Team Members have to say? “Great place to work with great growth potential” - Director, Atlanta “Opportunity to advance and a great safety program” - Driver, Cheshire “Fun people to work with and flexible management” - Sales Specialist / / / / /Airgas will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO./// / / /EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability/ /Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability/
Title:Gas Cylinder Production Operator I
Title:Sander ID:1036 Department:Operations Description DARRAN is a growing furniture manufacturing company offering the opportunity for a CAREER that includes competitive wages, full benefits package and end of year Profit Sharing! We are currently seeking to fill a Sander position. Be sure to look over our website to see the beautiful products our employees make and send your resume today to become a part of DARRAN's exciting and innovative work culture. Essential Duties and
Arrive at workstation on time.
Make sure work area is clean and safety standards are followed.
Sand unit with jitterbug and hand block.
Use light to inspect unit.
Any other tasks assigned by management. Experience preferred but not required. Must be able to pass a satisfactory background and drug test. Competitive pay and benefits. DARRAN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For assistance completing an application, please call or visit our HR Department.
Seeking a detailed person to work in a custom cabinet shop of an established company in a Sander position.
This position will consist of sanding and putting the different product (cabinets' doors, kitchen cabinets, bathroom vanities, front etc..) to ensure the product is smooth and properly prepared for the final phase.
Select and adjust the correct sanding tools for completing a job
Operate different sanding machines to get the product ready for the next step
Ensure products meet standard and project specifications, making adjustments as needed
Pay attention to detail in order to meet specifications and keep safe
Assist with other crews in spray and finish department as needed
Utilize shop drawings and on site measurements to properly size cabinets
Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
Graduation from High School or GED
Strongly prefer woodworking, and cabinet making skills
Must be able to stand for long periods and work in repetitive motions for entire shift
Must be able to lift large bulky and heavy pieces of wood such as plywood and cabinetry
This position could be a direct hire position.
Wood Floor Installer And Sander
Little to no experience needed. Someone that has a driver's license and car is a must. Be able to use power tools and saws and be eager to learn.
Finish Sander / Spray Booth Assistant
Seeking a capable woodworking finisher who has at least 1 years experience working in a spray booth and is familiar with prepping surfaces for proper application of paints, stains, lacquers, urethane coatings and other finishing products. Experienced in sanding, staining and spraying clear coats and paint finishes on wood metal and other surfaces. The company is a leading provider of interior decor, lighting and millwork items used in restaurants, theme parks and other retail environments. Safety minded, occupationally skilled and a self-motivated, energetic person desired; attention to quality and attention to detail is of the utmost importance. Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English. Bi-lingual a plus. Working hours weekdays with potential for occasional weekend shifts. Drug Free Workplace.
Refinish Tech I - PP - Sander / Taper
Reporting to the Body Shop Supervisor or Manager, perform limited preparation work (tape, paper, clean, and remove and reinstall parts) to damaged vehicles prior to painting while maintaining high standards for efficiency and observing all safety requirements. Perform all additional duties assigned by the Body Shop Supervisor or Manager. Must know, practice, and ensure that company policies, procedures, and applicable state and federal laws are followed at all times.
Responsibilities and Duties: Provide prompt and courteous service to all persons with whom they come in contact.
Maintain a professional appearance and neat work environment consistent with company policy. Resolve any customer complaints in a friendly, courteous manner and advise management of all serious complaints or incidents. Provide limited vehicle preparation, tape, paper, clean, and remove and reinstall parts under direct supervision for painting in accordance with auction and professional standards.
Operate and be proficient with all tools required for the job. Maintain a constant and smooth flow of prepped vehicles for delivery to paint shop. Assist in overall general shop duties such as cleaning, driving, organizing vehicle parking and staging, etc.
Practice and promote teamwork at all times. Set a good personal example of attitude and performance. Inform the Body Shop Supervisor or Manager of all equipment breakdowns and maintenance immediately.
Ensure all shop area conditions are not a potential threat to employee or customer safety. Respond to and follow proper procedures on employee or customer accidents, injuries, and loss or damage to any property. Report all incidents to Body Shop Supervisor or Manager immediately per auction policy.
Educational Requirements and
High School Diploma or GED with previous experience in a paint and body environment preferred. Must be qualified to operate a motor vehicle and possess a valid driver's license.
Must provide sufficient tools to perform the job. SDL2017
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!