Dairy Scientist Job Description Sample
Food Scientist - Ice Cream / Dairy
Description At Schwan's Company we are driven to bring our customers delicious foods and reliable services. That's how we grew from a "one-man-and-a-truck" delivery business in rural Minnesota to a multibillion-dollar private company with thousands of team members nationwide. Our commitment to delicious foods shows in all we do, from careful ingredient selection to making quality food to delivering a great experience wherever people shop and eat. The foods we make reach customers in many ways. We deliver directly to our customers’ homes through our popular food-delivery business, offer well-known retail brands such as Red Baron®, Freschetta®, and Tony's® pizzas, Pagoda® snacks and appetizers, and Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, and bring innovative food solutions to our customers in the foodservice industry. To learn more, visit us at www.schwanscompany.com. Schwan’s is looking for a Food Scientist to join our Product Innovation & Development team at our Corporate offices in Marshall, MN. This person will work primarily on the development of ice cream and novelties, including products for Schwan’s Home Service, Schwan’s Food Service and Consumer Brands. R&D experience with ice cream or other frozen dairy products is especially beneficial. This individual will lead lower to moderately complex product development projects, develop formulas, processing procedures and specifications for new products, product enhancements and cost reductions.
Uses science to study the principles underlying the processing and deterioration of foods; analyze food content; discover new food sources; research ways to make processed foods safe, palatable, and healthful; and apply food science knowledge to determine best ways to process, package, preserve, store, and distribute food.
Develops experimental formulas, processing procedures and specifications for raw ingredients, subassemblies and finished products for new products, product improvements, and cost reductions, meeting pricing, marketing, regulations and operational goals.
Organizes and manages moderately complex test runs to validate or modify formulas and processing procedures to develop final specifications for the production and reproducibility of finished products.
Works with team members to ensure successful start-ups of new products, product improvements, cost reductions, and ingredient formula specification or process changes.
Evaluates ingredients and processing techniques to identify and commercialize simple product improvement and cost reduction opportunities.
Evaluates, confirms acceptability, creates/updates specifications and implements proposed ingredients or process for Supplier Optimization.
Provides technical solutions to production issues as it relates to ingredient, formulas, processing procedures, and specifications to ensure continuous production and maintain product quality and safety.
Documents project status, progress issues, solutions timeline, and accountability according to established procedures and guidelines, providing timely and effective oral and written communication and reports.
Supports innovation in the development of new ideas, products, or product platforms through ideation sessions and bench-top experimentation. Qualifications Education & Experience Required: A Bachelor of Science degree in Food Science, Dairy Science or related field, and 1-4 years experience in an R&D position, OR a Master’s Degree in Food Science or related field. Experience with ice cream products preferred. 2+ years experience within a manufacturing based Product Development role is preferred. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and effectively communicate with peers, other Manufacturing employees and senior leadership;
Comfortable with taking initiative and driving for results in an industrial environment
Keen attention to detail and process
Strong PC skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, Word & Powerpoint
Ability to taste and ingest any type of food product currently under development
Thorough understanding of food ingredients, food chemistry, food processing, and food functionality
Ability to comprehend complex technical articles, research papers, or presentations, and apply technical knowledge learned
Must be adaptable to change
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and offer solutions
Prior experience in Product Development, preferably with ice cream and dairy products, particularly within a plant manufacturing environment The employing subsidiaries of The Schwan Food Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class. Business Unit: Schwan's Shared Services, LLC Req #: 17004123
Scientist, Scientist II, OR Senior Scientist - Dairy Product Development
McCormick & Company, Incorporated, a global leader in flavor, is seeking a full-time Scientist, Scientist II, OR Senior Scientist – Dairy Product Development (PD) in its Technical Innovation Center (TIC) located at 202-204 Wight Avenue in Hunt Valley, Maryland (MD). This new hire will report to a Principal Scientist. With more than $4 billion in annual sales, McCormick manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry – retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses.
We create differentiating flavors consumers prefer with unmatched quality, science, innovation and service. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. As an employer recognized for exceptional commitment to employees, McCormick offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services including, but not limited to, tuition assistance, medical & dental, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing plan, paid holidays and vacations.
MCCORMICK'S TECHNICAL INNOVATION CENTER (TIC) McCormick R&D has an unparalleled record of successful innovation creating flavors for products that matter. Today, more than ever, our team of top sensory, analytical, & materials scientists and research chefs – our innovation enablers – are helping us develop a new generation of tools to create products to satisfy consumers' quests for authentic, premium flavor, to meet the exploding demand for positive nutrition, and to address the critical need for sustainable manufacturing and food safety. We provide a high-quality R&D environment with an emphasis on teamwork, customer satisfaction, and interdepartmental cooperation.
State-of-the-art equipment and facilities exist in laboratories devoted both to basic and applied research and product development with excellence in chemistry, microbiology, microscopy, molecular biology, engineering, sensory science, culinary science, & flavor and seasoning creation and applications. Our "passion for flavor" extends to customers around the globe. POSITION OVERVIEW This Dairy PD Scientist will support a strategic industrial customer through development of new products with emphasis on understanding and applying new technology to the finished products.
RESPONSIBILITIES Lead and perform creative spray dry dairy powder product development Provide excellent product development support for seasoning development team Manage and/or execute commercialization of products (understanding of processes and operations for dairy powder manufacture) Employ strong understanding of consumer and general sensory testing, including its application to product development Design and manage experiments Investigate and assess new ingredients and technologies available for product development improvements Collect and interpret data Apply knowledge of dairy ingredients and flavors, their major vendors, and performance attributes (including flavor, functionality, and quality) Development and grading of cheese for use in dairy powder development Development of enzyme modified cheeses for use in dairy product development REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR ALL THREE LEVELS BS Degree in Dairy Science, Food Science/Technology, Food Engineering, Chemistry or a related technical field Formulation development knowledge of dairy powder ingredients such as cheeses, enzyme modified cheeses, buttermilk, whey and/or sour cream Proven ability to interpret scientific data, including sensory and analytical, and commercialization Desire and ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of people Good written and verbal communication skills to interact effectively with external and internal customers High degree of ownership and professional commitment Proven success multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment Curiosity and innovative thinking REQUIRED QUALIFICATION FOR SCIENTIST I Minimum three (3) years of experience in dairy product development, dairy commercialization and/or cheese making with a major food company or a food ingredient company REQUIRED QUALIFICATION FOR SCIENTIST II Minimum five (5) years of experience in dairy product development, dairy commercialization and/or cheese making with a major food company or a food ingredient company REQUIRED QUALIFICATION FOR SENIOR SCIENTIST Minimum ten (10) years of experience in dairy product development, dairy commercialization and/or cheese making with a major food company or a food ingredient company Proficiency in vendor management and development including the identification of new cheese, enzyme, and other dairy ingredients PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR ALL THREE LEVELS MS Degree and/or PhD in related field Minimum one year of experience in spray drying of dairy ingredients Culinary interest and/or related training Experience with SAP, product formulary and retrieval systems Proficiency in commercialization of dairy products Understanding of processes and operations for dairy powder manufacture Expertise in formulation development of dairy powder ingredients such as cheeses, enzyme modified cheeses, buttermilk, whey and/or sour cream Proficiency in vendor management and development of dairy manufacturing partners in the US including the identification of new spray drying partners McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. McCormick does not offer employment visa sponsoships upon hire or in the future.
You must be lawfully authorized to commence work upon being offered employment. SDL2017
Dairy Focus Consultant - Dairy Nutritionist - Dairy Feed Sales, Milton -WI
Dairy Focus Consultant - Dairy Nutritionist - Dairy Feed Sales, Milton -WI Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Description Cargill helps feed, 400 million people every year. Cargill Animal Nutrition is a leading nutrition provider for commercial animal agriculture across 24 countries. Our successful 100 history is a result of our commitment toward a culture and values centered on customer focus and enrichment of people and communities. Our offerings are developed to meet and exceed customers’ needs; from accounting to agri-business management, marketing to risk management and sales consulting to plant operations. Cargill has a job that to meet your interests and goals. Our global career opportunities are as far reaching as our business.
Dairy Focus Consultants are involved in all phases of on farm consultative dairy management sales, sales territory management, professional communication, feed manufacturing, market knowledge and most importantly customer needs. The role will be responsible for initiating and developing relationships with prospective customers along with continuing to deepen relationships with established customers to discover/create opportunities to meet customer needs. Cargill has industry leading training programs to develop and enhance your career and personal skill sets regardless of your experience.
Principal Accountabilities:60% - Introduce new business; generating profitable new accounts, growth at targeted accounts by identifying and recommending new technologies and new market opportunities related to customers’ needs. 30% - Retain and expand strong working relationships with customers. Build multi-level and cross functional relationships with strategic new customers. 5% - Develop, execute and frequently review annual sales strategy/plans for assigned accounts/geography based on strategic importance, understanding of market, first hand customer information, and alignment with regional and US strategies. 5% - Personal learning and development activities.
Required Qualifications * B.S. in Agriculture or relevant experience considered in lieu of degree * 1 years sales or dairy industry experience
Demonstrated professional sales skills, including effective communication and organizational skills
Self-starter, independent thinker. Ability to make decisions
Ability to work independently
Must be able to travel weekly
Strong commitment to customer excellence and needs
Preferred Qualifications * 3 years dairy industry sales experience
Previous sales experience and demonstration of sales success
Spanish Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location US-WI-Milton
Req ID: BIG00200
Technical Service Support - Dairy Industry
Travel 75% - Western United States Wage: $60,000 - $70,000 / year A leading and growing robotic milking and dairy technology company is looking for a Technical Service Support Specialist. This individual oversees and participates in the overall service of the hiring company’s robotic systems: training, troubleshooting, and vendor recovery. Candidate must understand the dairy industry and equipment in order to communicate solutions with dealers and farmers. Interacts regularly and directly with service technicians, dealers, customers, etc., to ensure that the products operate properly. Meet customer expectations in the areas of quality and reliability. Role
Provides technical support, assistance and information to the dealer technicians in the field in order to resolve technical problems and parts supply issues that may occur with the products in North America. Technical Support will require a clear understanding of electronics and mechanical systems. Electrical experience is required as well as an understanding how mechanical systems are controlled by embedded software systems. Provides service training programs to the Dealer organization. Supports the design and development of service training aids for use by the Dealer organization. Certification of service technicians. Distributes technical material to the dealer network, such as technical bulletins, parts manual, repair manuals, etc. Makes necessary field trips to gather information, properly diagnoses product problems, and provides technical solutions for problems in order to support the dealer network. Communicates with spare parts department to notify of technical changes to parts and field complaints regarding spare parts. Suggests solutions to rectify spare parts issues. Maintains an up-to-date technical “library” to provide a resource for product technical information. Provides assistance for the Sales & Marketing department with product demonstrations and new product assembly/set-up. Participates and assists in sales meetings and trade shows as requested. Customer "focus" is a key factor in our support. Travel requirement approximately up to 75% or more annually.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Extensive knowledge of Electronics, Computers, PC–networking and CAN-bus communication.. Dairy Industry professional work experience highly desired. Strong Customer focus; strong communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to make good decisions, ability to work efficiently as an individual and as part of a team. Must be able to organize and plan itinerary details to effectively and efficiently support the dealer network. Must show initiative and desire to learn new things and new processes; Always willing to take on a task as needed; must be pleasant; friendly, organized, efficient, and calm under pressure. If you are interested in learning more, please submit a copy of your professional resume to: Amanda Saylor | email@example.com Sedona Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Dairy General Manager
We are hiring a General Manager to lead all dairy operations including, milking, heifer management, and feed management. In this role enjoy the variety from, walking the barn daily, working closely with the team to leading changes that maximize performance. Our ideal candidate has strong dairy experience with the ability to lead overall operations and contribute to future strategy.
This position is for you if:
- You have 5-10 years of Farm Management experience
- You are a “working leader” with a passion in leading people and processes
- You are an innovative thinker with strong analytical skills
What you will be doing:
- Coordinate operational tasks of dairy, heifer feed and bunk management
- Lead the dairy operation towards operational and financial goals
- Manage operation and maintenance of equipment at the dairy
- Coordinate the schedule for dairy operations
- Review and present production goals to present to owners and upper management
- Develop new and enhance current policies and procedures
- Lead and manage performance of 2 herd managers, 1 calf manager and milking operators
- Collaborate with Finance on budget development
- Support HR to develop training protocols
- Prior Farm Management with experience in dairy herd management
- Knowledge of feed and bunk management
- Understanding of farm equipment maintenance
- Bilingual is a plus but not required
- Must be able to pass a drug and background check
Dairy Queen Grill Cook, Kitchen
- Quickly and accurately prepares food products following restaurant, health and safety standards and procedures quickly and accurately.
- Be pleasant and alert to customer needs.
- Properly and safely operates and maintains restaurant equipment including grill, fryer, freezer and other related cooking equipment while following all health and safety standards.
- Work as a “team” member to assure constant and consistent quality, service, cleanliness, and value to each customer.
- Clean work area, organize and stock needed items. Move various food, paper, and cleaning items from other sections of building (or outside the building) to immediate work area.
- Stocks and executes proper rotation of products.
- Completes assigned prep work for stocking and set up of the grill area.
- Controls food production process.
- Breaks down and cleans grill area thoroughly every day as assigned by a manager or shift leader.
- Wash counters, tables, restrooms, trash receptacles, gather trash and remove from dining/service areas to proper receptacle, sweep, mop, stock and other cleaning tasks. Occasional need to be out of the building (i.e., parking lot, freezer, trash container areas, etc.) for parking lot pick-up, trash removal, and other maintenance and cleaning activities.
- Informs immediate supervisor promptly of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested by management staff or shift leaders.
Buyer/Category Manager, Dairy
Job Description: Responsible for category strategy, assortment planning, promotional planning and supplier partnerships for specific grocery categories. Accountable for the financial performance of assigned categories through pre-season strategy and planning (e.g. financial targets, category strategy, assortment planning) and in-season management (e.g. promotional planning, competitive price reaction). Partners with Regional Buyers to ensure local relevance within the category strategy. Partners with the Exclusive Brands team to develop owned brand strategies and develop owned brand products within the category strategy. Partners with suppliers to develop and execute meaningful programs and manage brand/item performance. Supports and positively influences grocery team financial goals, product mix, business relationships, innovation needs, and team culture. Category Managers level 6 may have direct reports, i.e. Purchasing Assistants.
This position relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals with a wide degree of creativity, risk and latitude. Requires familiarity with category management concepts, practices and procedures while working with ambiguity.
This job is part of our Merchandising evolution. Join us now in ATX!
Learn more at www.joinwholefoods.com/merchandising
Develops category strategy based on financial expectations, category role, category performance, customer and product trends, competitive landscape and Whole Food Market differentiators.
Develops and executes category assortment plan including supplier line reviews, assortment analysis, Regional Buyer collaboration, item planning and forecasting.
Partners with Space Management to translate assortment plan into a merchandising plan and store-level planograms.
Develops and executes category promotional planning including planning and executing key promotional events and reacting in-season based on sales performance and competitive landscape.
Sets category price strategy and develops pricing tactics to achieve financial and customer objectives, including initial regular pricing, EDLC/EDV programs, and integration into promotions.
Conducts ongoing analysis of category performance, trends, and competitive assortment and pricing.
Partners with support teams to ensure category execution (e.g. new item set up, planogramming, UNFI collaboration).
Develops strategic relationships with key suppliers in order to ensure early insight to new trends and products; early and exclusive access to new items; differentiated product, merchandising and promotions; competitive costs.
Partners with Exclusive Brands to integrate branded/ exclusive programs into overall category strategies and with Marketing on marketing and promotional events.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience and passion for category strategy, planning and execution.
Detail-oriented with strong analytical and deductive/inductive reasoning skills.
Team player with a positive attitude and ability to manage in ambiguity.
Ability to work independently and in a group.
A passion for Organics, Fair Trade, Quality Standards and the Natural Foods Industry.
Excellent communication including written, verbal and listening skills.
Ability to handle confidential information.
Education/Experience and Training:
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience and 6 years of retail experience. Background in managing complex relationships with suppliers. Ability to develop strategic plans utilizing consumer data and insights.
At Whole Foods Market we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled.
Sales Account Manager - Dairy Ingredients
Our client is a privately held dairy products company who has been in business for 50+ years. They have created a positive internal culture with a highly respected market place reputation. We are seeking a Sales Account Manager who can drive results and build solid relationships. The community is in a beautiful and rural upper-Midwest location.
· Must possess outstanding communication skills and sales abilities with demonstrated effectiveness.
· Develop and maintain Dairy Ingredient accounts with a primary focus on whey protein concentrates (WPC) and anhydrous milk fat (AMF) customers.
· Negotiate contracts, manage inventory, product pricing, manage invoicing of sales transactions and provide hands-on sales support to the VP Sales.
· Manage and lead a staff of 3 direct reports customer service and sales assistant associates
· Represent the company in a professional manner at Industry trade events and network to build effective successful partnerships.
· Position requires approximately 25% travel
· 5-7 years of sales or customer service related experience in a Dairy Industry environment
· Prefer a minimum of 2 – 4 years of exposure to Dairy Ingredients and Dairy pricing concepts
· Proven track record of attracting new account sales in a professional manner
Excellent attractive salary, bonus earnings, excellent benefits and relocation assistance provided.
Dairy Plant Line/Washer Worker
Job Scope &
The Royal Crest Dairy’s Plant Team is seeking an organized and efficient individual who will perform work in 2 capacities; 1] as a utility worker to assist with daily production line set-up, and 2] to assist with the unloading of returned empty bottles (in crates) to process through the bottle washer. This individual will also assist with general clean-up of docks and work area, or other assigned tasks. The work week will be full-time in scope consisting of 4, 10 hour days (M-T-TH-FR), or 5, 8 hour days. The shift schedule will be dayside, early AM start (4 AM to 7 AM potentially). Wage - $14 to start; then an additional .50 (to $14.50 per hour) after 90 days of acceptable performance of duties and satisfying probationary expectations.
Physical Demands and Environment:
can lift, push, pull other products or materials up to 40 lbs.
can stand on feet for extended periods of time (while on production line)
can physically stand and be mobile in a production environment where various hazards are apparent, while maintaining a safety awareness of equipment in motion.
ability to work in humid and warm temperatures while dressed in appropriate “clean room” garments. Likewise, may require working limitedly in Cooler with temperatures of approx. 40 degrees.
Essential skills and background:
prefer an individual with at least a high school education or GED.
can fully understand English directions involving equipment operation with the ability to accurately communicate with other plant personnel.
can capably utilize computer programs to perform milk tests.
is detailed oriented with strong emphasis on organization.
Store District Manager - Dairy Queen
District Manager of Multiple Dairy Queen locations in North Texas-apply with us at www.richesondq.com and may live in or around 90/100 mile radius of the DFW area (home office in Graham, TX 76450)
Oversees entire restaurant operations, including financial performance, product production, inventory, personnel, sales, and marketing for multiple restaurant locations. Ensures restaurants are operated within operational guidelines established by owner and franchisor. Essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
· Oversees and manages all areas of multi-unit restaurants and makes final decisions on matters of importance.
· Time management skills are necessary and good communication skills to communicate with their Director of Operation and managers daily.
· Ensures that all PRIDE systems and routines are incorporated into the day-to-day operations of the restaurant.
· Responsible for the development and achievement of the restaurant’s game plan by working with their Director of Operation.
· Ensures guest service in all areas meets company standards.
· Ensures GM or store Manager responds to customer complaints, taking prompt and appropriate action to resolve problems and to ensure customer satisfaction is maintained.
· Ensures GM or store Manager works with local chamber and schools to increase restaurant sales.
· Trains GM or store Manager to staff, train and develop assistant managers and hourly employees through orientations, ongoing feedback, the establishment of performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews.
· Responsible for effective management schedules and ensures that all restaurant locations are properly staffed for all day parts and sales volumes.
· Manages multi-unit restaurants P & L to optimize manageable profit, controls COGS, Labor, and Controllables (semi-fixed expenses).
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested by DO.
· Oversees the management of the entire operation of each of the restaurants through the development and growth of staff, sales and profitability to meet goals established in location’s game plan.
· Ensures each of the restaurants are in accordance with established company standards, policies and procedures.
· Assists in the success of each of the restaurants by ensuring guest satisfaction through adhering to company standards for quality, value, service and cleanliness.
· Maintains a positive working relationship with each of the restaurants management and team members to foster and promote a cooperative and pleasant working climate which will be conducive to maximize employee morale, productivity and efficiency.
· Three to five years of restaurant management experience preferred, QSR experience strongly preferred.
· Multi-unit restaurant management preferred
· High School diploma or equivalent required.
· Proven track record in management of COGS and labor.
· Must have excellent customer service and employee relations skills.
· Must be detail oriented with the capability to oversee all aspects of the business and multiple areas simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
· Must be able to perform under pressure in a high volume restaurant, including moving and responding quickly for long periods of time.
· Must be able to work in and out of different temperature ranges.
· Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
· Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
· Must have excellent customer service skills and exhibit good manners, proper personal hygiene, positive attitude and promptness.
· Travel is expected to visit their locations and work with their managers and team members at each of their restaurant locations.
Ms. Richeson was ahead of her time but is no stranger to hard work. As one story goes she was so tired at the end of a long day working not only at her Dairy Queen but also another full time position she got home at 2am and drove her car not into ,but through the house! She almost ran over her husband; electricity sparked, gas and water spewed and fortunately no one was injured. But truth is she has been in our shoes working hard and making ends meet!
Things can get a little tough from time to time, but the restaurant business holds hope and almost assurance that a good job will be rewarded with a livelihood which holds no ill-gotten gains or need of financial bail-out. Our customers are our community members and our travelers happy to see the Great State of Texas Ms. Richeson says: People will always eat, and whether they put it in their plans or not, they will always eat out, thus we have our livelihood. We just gotta make our restaurants the best places they want to eat.
Truth is Richeson DQ yearly grocery list consists of almost one million pounds of potatoes, half a million pounds of American Beef and a quarter of a million gallons of dessert mix. Thats alotta groceries. Seasonally we employ up to 1000 people in our 62 stores and we need you to become a part of our team!
DQ, Thats what I like about Texas!
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!