Supervisor, Fraud Prevention
CO-OP Financial Services is bringing digital transformation to the credit union movement. We're creating innovative technology solutions that help not-for-profit credit unions best serve their members and compete with the big banks. As a result, our world-class team is growing faster than ever! If you're passionate about technology and want to be part of a purpose-driven organization, this is an exciting opportunity to provide real value and help shape the future of human-centered financial services.
We are seeking a talented Fraud Prevention Supervisor to supervise and coordinate activities and daily operations of the Fraud Prevention staff; includes but not limited to supporting Neural Net Fraud Monitoring and Authorization Block tools, reviewing, analyzing, resolving, escalating Risk/Fraud related issues, managing resources, assigning tasks, duties and projects, being available as a go-to staff representative for Fraud Prevention team, Call Center and other departments. The person should ensure quality customer care to CO-OP Financial Services credit unions.
What You Can Look Forward to
* Directly supervises the Fraud Prevention staff ensuring daily production of inquiries and support for all Fraud Monitoring clients and monitors workflow, productivity, accuracy and losses.
* Assists in the supervision of the Fraud Prevention Team to ensure daily production of all Risk related tasks.
* Develops, coaches, reviews and documents employee performance and attendance to maintain department effectiveness.
* Mentors and trains staff and conducts periodic testing to measure where additional training may be needed.
* Maintain a high level of visibility with staff to help resolve issues.
* Acts as an escalation point for operational issues for Fraud Prevention staff; maintaining a working knowledge and understanding of Neural Net and related Rule requirements pertaining to Fraud Prevention Tools.
* Monitors activities to observe employee professionalism, accuracy and quality of care in serving our member credit unions. Provides immediate feedback to staff and recommends improved actions to address any implementation issues and client concerns.
* Participates and represents the department on various internal launch teams and committees for CO-OP products and services.
* Provides support for CBEs and CSEs for existing and potential new clients by delivering service descriptions and statistical information, ensuring responses to client inquires, and providing consultative information related to card fraud monitoring. Participate in client presentations as requested by CBEs.
* Coordinates and assists in communicating updates to staff and credit unions for updates and enhancements related to Fraud Prevention Tools and other related products supporting card fraud monitoring.
* Acts as a back up to manager in the event a mass communication needs to be sent.
* Conducts monthly audits and review actions taken on inquiries by staff to ensure accuracy and quality.
* Creates/updates department policies and procedures as needed.
* Acts as subject matter expert for changes/updates in Fraud Prevention Tools.
* Has a good understanding of CO-OP fraud tools and functions.
* Manages client projects for new clients participating in Fraud Prevention setups and assigns tickets to staff. After live date, ensures review, reporting of issues and completion in a timely manner.
* Acts as department liaison between, Network Implementations for new client projects process, call center for issues related to Fraud Prevention inquiries, CBEs and CSEs for issues with current and potential clients using our Fraud Monitoring services, Chargebacks (DRC) and Operations Team with issues related to chargebacks and adjustments, and Client Care for issues related to Fraud Monitoring services and related notices.
* Coordinates and oversees any special projects as assigned by management.
* Provides input to manager to support departmental budgeting and variance analysis.
* Must react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
* Regular attendance and punctuality as a full time employee in order to daily exercise all of the essential functions.
* Assists with department staffing to insure department coverage meets our Clients' needs.
* Conducts meetings related to fraud issues, concerns and statistical reporting as needed with clients. Mentors staff for holding Client Meetings on fraud related topics.
* Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
* Some college level courses in a business related field helpful.
* At least 4 years of supervisory experience in a financial institution or EFT and 4 to 5 years related experience with card fraud monitoring, Falcon rule writing and/or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
* Competence required in Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Access.
* Proficient knowledge of Fraud Prevention Tools and services.
* Proficient knowledge of Rule writing tools for Fraud Prevention.
* Must possess excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and oral.
* Must have strong prioritization skills and demonstrate the ability to develop and utilize performance metrics and productivity reports.
* The individual must also be detail oriented and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Ability to effectively communicate and work across all areas of CO-OP Financial Services as well as vendors.
* Some overnight travel is required.
Why Join CO-OP?
Get ready to be part of the exciting, ever-evolving and growing credit union movement! As a CO-OP employee, you'll have a chance to directly impact the access of financial opportunities to individuals and communities – and you'll help drive the future of fintech at an energetic organization where contributions are valued, and innovation is championed.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
* Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
* Health benefits – medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
* 401K with generous company match.
* Tuition reimbursement.
POST JOBS FOR FREE