Data Analyst Job Description Sample
POSITION: Administrative Professional - Mid Level
LOCATION: San Antonio, Texas
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: Public Trust / NACI
EDUCATION REQUIREMENT: Some College required (Minimum of 24 semester hours of Business and/or Information Technology courses)
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT: 2 years Administrative Support experience
Description: Support to the Air Force's facility design and construction execution mission. Administrative support for an enterprise design management/construction management (DM/CM) program workload consisting of approximately $1.5B MILCON and $1.5B SRM annually. Support and enterprise design agent/construction agent (DA/CA) program workload consisting of 50 projects (each valued in the range of $5M-$300M per project) annually of which approximately 25 are construction projects and approximately 25 design projects at any given time. Furthermore, approximately 150 projects from multiple years are active, either in the planning design, construction, or closer-out phase. Overall end state for the program is to complete facility projects within approved program amounts; obligated within the year of appropriation; completed fully meeting Air Force standards and criteria.
- Accessing and updating Sharepoint sites
- Managing program mailing lists
- Familiarity with design and construction IDIQ management
- Monitor and evaluate proposal trends
- Providing training, lessons learned, and best practices to technical and project management staff
- Ability to compile, consolidate and organize documents, presentation materials, and other information for senior leader review
- Ability to track work assignments throughout and report completion status to management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Utilizing and applying computer software including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Sharepoint)
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules). The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.
Location: Southfield, MI
Duration: 4 months
Data Analyst II (IT)
- This role is part of the Risk Adjustment Data & Analytics Team at Tessellate. The primary responsibility will be to assist in risk adjustment reporting, risk score generation, and other ad hoc requests by various departments & clients using tools including SAS, SQL and others as needed. Other duties can include data analysis, requirements definition, solution design consulting, report design, and some testing.
Top 3 Required Skills/Experience:
Minimum 5 years of experience with data & analytic tools including but not limited to SAS, and SQL with an emphasis on data manipulation, automation, validation, creating analytic datasets, and reporting.
Familiarity with risk adjustment data including claims data, and CMS/HHS administrative data
Strong analytic skills including but not limited to: development of key performance metrics, trend analyses, and root cause analyses.
Ability to work on multiple projects with prioritization
SQL & SAS
History with medical/pharmcy claims
History with CMS data MMR, MOR, RAPS, MAO4
- 2 years
Power BI - 1 year
Strong technical skills
SAS - 5 years
SQL - 5 years
- 2 years
- 2 years
Bachelor's degree required
Master's degree preferred
2 years of on-the-job analytical experience
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, strong critical thinking skills
Strong work ethic
Must show initiative and have the ability to work on multiple tasks
Ability to work independently to meet set goals and objectives
Able to interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques to provide process improvement suggestions to business and IT
Must be willing to quality check data records in accordance with established company processes and standards
Knowledge and experience with reporting packages, ETL packages, scripting languages, and other database related programming tools.
Proficient in job-related Microsoft Office products
Data Literacy: Intermediate competence in finding, manipulating, managing, and interpreting data, numbers, text, and images
Intermediate ability to utilize Excel functionality, such as VLookups, Charts, and Pivot Tables
Analyze/Rationalize data from multiple sources
Work with team members to complete set objectives
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) and business process consulting & staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists)
All major ERP & CRM packages (including Oracle, Workday, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Lawson, SAP, Dynamics AX, Salesforce, Microsoft CRM, NetSuite)
Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Big Data Integration
Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Atrilogy Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Req #: 213868
Location: Washington, DC US
Job Category: Information Technology
Security Clearance: Public Trust
Clearance Status: Must be Obtainable
The Data Analyst within the CACI Data Analytics lab is responsible for providing data analytics support for projects related to investigations and litigation cases This includes supporting projects from initiation to closure, developing deliverables and occasionally serving as a primary point-of-contact for attorneys. investigators, and case teams. Data Analysts integrate a wide variety of data types and formats from primary and secondary sources through diverse channels using a combination of methods that are researched and employed by the Data Analytics Lab Management team. Data Analysts develop, maintain, and enforce streamlined and efficient processes for project lifecycles, from collection through transformation of data, and assist senior staff in the creation and finalization of client deliverables. Data analysts will occasionally manage the collection, documentation, vetting and onboarding of data, including database development and set up, and the loading of data into the appropriate analytical tools. Must have the ability to guide and assist other team members as required.
The data analyst is responsible for defining, developing, and communicating data analytics solutions to support the customer. This includes:
- corresponding with key case personnel to elicit requirements and provide regular status updates,
- performing data analysis and modeling to understand and identify data relationships/trends/classifications/predictions,
- proposing reporting solutions that best present the information to the end user, and
- delivering the completed solution.
This position requires strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills with a keen attention to detail. Additionally, the problems and toolset are quite varied, and the candidate should take the initiative to attack new challenges and learn new skills independently. This person must be well organized and flexible. We desire someone with diverse experience and skills in data analysis, litigation support, statistical software, analytic programming languages (Python, R, Java, SAS), visualization software, and database management.
Work with client case teams to identify their needs and jointly develop solutions through leveraging all available analytic and visualization options
Conduct regular consultations with clients
Provides regular status updates regarding assigned tasks
Ensures successful completion of work, timeliness of deliverables, and quality control
Build experience in all available analysis and visualization software
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree or equivalent; 3+ years of experience using analytics tools, methods, and visualization software
Significant experience in one or more of the following tools is required:
IBM Analyst Notebook
Database (SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL)
Programming and/or scripting (Python, R, Java)
Natural Language Processing
Neo4j or other graph databases
Other analytic and visualization tools
Background in Law Enforcement, Data Science, Investigations, Data Analysis, Computer Information Systems, or Statistics
Industry analytics/business intelligence knowledge including current industry trends, challenges, and data quality approaches
Deep understanding of database, ETL, and analytics tools and concepts
Must be able to work independently and prioritize work effectively, as well as to function as an effective team member in a local and virtual team development environment
Strong analytical and problem solving skills with an unsurpassed attention to detail
Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
Experience supporting federal agencies
SQL experience is required
What We Can Offer You:
We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please go through the requirement and let me know if you are interested.
Role: DATA Analyst
Location: New York Downtown (Local only)
Interview Mode: Telephonic/Skype
● Define and action analysis on operational data sets to provide strategic and tactical recommendations to multiple levels of the organization; package analysis for reports and presentations to shape strategic and operational decisions.
● Work with growth marketing to make Google Analytics work for us for both user acquisition and onboarding/retention.
● Create custom dashboards that make product and impact metrics easily available to internal stakeholders.
● Draw actionable insights from analyzing customer and product data to improve customer support experience, organizational efficiency and user happiness.
● Contribute to strategic and tactical planning around product launches.
● Develop, customize and maintain tools and dashboards to provide insights and visibility into key strategic and operational performance of the organization.
You must meet these minimum qualifications to apply for this job
● BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Business or a related degree, or equivalent practical experience.
● 4 years of experience in an analytical role such as data analytics, business intelligence, statistical modeling or consulting.
● Strong command of Microsoft Excel /Google Spreadsheets functions, including pivot tables, vlookups, conditional logic, nested statements, etc and proven ability to create executive level dashboards or reports.
● Experience using BigQuery and similar large scale database environments
● Excellent command over SQL and relational databases including writing complex queries, data transformation
● 4 years of experience using data visualization tools (eg Google dashboards, Data Studio, Tableau) to turn raw data into insights.
● Good statistical and analytical background and a good eye for detail
● Good written and verbal communication skills to present insights
● Can build reporting pipelines and dashboards
● Major plusses are: Salesforce Reports experience, and building reports and dashboards .
● Experience in designing and executing structured analysis, deriving business insights, and evaluating the impact of business decisions.
● Experience working with and developing for non-technical users (defining requirements, explaining technical concepts to non-technical business users, etc.).
● Experience in other scripting languages and business intelligence tools.
● Demonstrated ability to analyze complex data-sets in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to work strategically and objectively.
● Ability to deal with and prioritize multiple priorities while driving towards pragmatic decisions.
● Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate findings in a structured and clear manner to a non-technical audience.
DISCLAIMER: You were contacted by Reqroute, either because your resume had been posted to one of the internet job sites to which we subscribe, or you had previously submitted your resume to one of our postings. We made the assumption that you are either looking for a new employment opportunity, or you are interested in investigating the current job market. If you are not currently seeking employment, or if you would prefer we contact you at a later date, please let us know by replying to this e-mail or to unsubscribe please use the link below.
ReqRoute, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law (www.reqroute.com). We are committed to providing exceptional experience. To give feedback please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Corona, CA Job Code: 172770 Posted: Nov 14, 2018 Description:
Mastech Digital provides digital and mainstream technology staff as well as Digital Transformation Services for leading American Corporations. We are currently seeking a Data Analyst for our client in the Healthcare domain.
We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity for growth. This is a Contract position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 4 Months Contract
Location: Corona, CA
Compensation: Best Market Rate
Role: Data Analyst
Role Description: The Data Analyst would need to have at least 3+ years of experience. In this role, you will provide data architectural leadership in developing enterprise data/process models, and logical/physical database designs.
Provide data and database development, maintenance, and production support.
Participate in IT and Business project to define system requirements.
3-6 years of experience.
Business process modeling - enterprise to department level.
Ability to interpret Entity Relationship Diagrams.
Education: High School/Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Information Technology or another related field or Equivalent
Experience: Minimum 3+ years
Relocation: This position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes
Recruiter Name: Tarun Garg
Recruiter Phone: 877.884.8834 (Ext: 2188)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Location: Atlanta, GA Job Code: 178406 Posted: Nov 14, 2018 Description:
Mastech Digital provides digital and mainstream technology staff as well as Digital Transformation Services for leading American Corporations. We are currently seeking a Data Analyst for our client in the Retail domain.
We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity for growth. This is a Contract-to-Hire position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 6 Months Contract-to-Hire
Location: Atlanta, GA
Compensation: Best Market Rates
Role: Data Analyst
Role Description: The Data Analyst would need to have at least 5 years of experience. In this role as the Data Analyst, you will be the techno-functional resource who can create reports but also understand and evaluate the results.
You will support the organization's Pro Merchandising strategy. This includes different geographical markets, wholesalers, evaluation of merchants to ensure consisting pricing across the Country.
You will also look at different business lines (Tools, HVAC, etc.) within the PRO Division.
Gather report requirements, from Manager or Merchant planner.
Create Merchandising reports by pulling data from Google Cloud or internal Home Depot application.
Use the data extracts to create reports using Tableau
Analyze report results and develop a business opinion and make recommendations based on the data.
Ability to write SQL queries to extract data from a variety of sources, including tables stored in Google Cloud or tables stored in an internal Home Depot application.
Strong report writing skills, Tableau preferred but other report writing tools are OK.
Good business acumen, either some Finance or Retail business experience is needed.
Ideally understand retail/supply chain issues.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Information Technology or another related field or Equivalent
Experience: Minimum 5 years
Relocation: This position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes
Recruiter Name: Inderpreet Sahota
Recruiter Phone: 877.884.8834 (Ext: 2226)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Come join us and become a champion with GAINSCO!
GAINSCO is one of the fastest-growing companies in the nonstandard personal automobile market! By joining GAINSCO, you will become part of a dynamic and growing organization that was recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in Dallas and Miami. In 2018, GAINSCO has been recognized for the third time by The Dallas Morning News in its annual "Top 100 Places to Work" survey. Additionally, GAINSCO was recognized as a "Workplace Achiever", one of the Top 150 companies in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
Our culture attracts engaged individuals who have a desire to contribute and succeed. We encourage individuals to grow their skills as they build their careers.
Essential Job Functions:
% of Time
Results Expected and Duties Performed
Extract and transform both internal and external data to be used in various analysis
Serve as subject matter expert on reports and analysis.
Effectively understand the business problems, and be able to communicate findings to ensure analysis are well understood and incorporated into business practices
Establish and publish core, and ad hoc, reporting to be used to convey various performance metrics
Identify and solve complex problems by collecting and analyzing statistical, financial, and/or competitive information (including internal and external data), to help make critical business decisions
Determine the best data visualization to be used to turn information into insights
Design and maintain monitoring reports.
Education: Bachelor's degree, with preference given to MIS, IT, Data Science, Actuarial Science, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related field of study
Experience: 1 or more years of experience as a Data Analyst, preferably with personal auto insurance
Skills and Abilities: Strong computer skills including the ability to manage and manipulate data in Excel and programming knowledge such as SAS and/or SQL
Compensation: Competitive salary based on experience. Excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision insurance, life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance, Parental Leave Policy, 401K, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
GAINSCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Our Client has built a first-of-its-kind web platform that integrates government data on spending, revenue, and outcomes from more than 70 different sources, spanning federal, state, and local levels. Their goal is to encourage serious, informed debate and to provide interested citizens with the facts they need to understand government.
The Data Analyst will support product development and content creation using the database. Working collaboratively on a growing team of committed professionals, responsibilities will include:
- Develop data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems that support the improvements and expansion of the database that powers the website and products
- Assist with data analysis; identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets using statistical techniques
- Filter and "clean" data
- Work with management to prioritize data and information needs
- Locate and define new data collection process improvement opportunities
- Support the production of reports
- 3-5 years' experience in a data-related role
- Proven working experience as a data analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writings and presenting findings
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statisctics
- Exposure to and interest in government data
- Proven ability to work with data with extreme precision and care
- Ability and willingness to remove political biases from work-products
- Self-starter who can work in a fast-moving and rapidly evolving environment
Reporting to the Director of Assessment and Institutional Effectiveness the Data Analyst is responsible for the analysis of data which is utilized by the University to advance the university's educational policy, administrative decisions, strategic planning, assessment, and evaluation activities. This includes producing various reports on academic performance, outcome assessment, program evaluation, and program accreditation. Responsible for generating standard and ad hoc reports and providing data in compliance with governing bodies: federal and state governmental and accrediting agencies.
This position is full-time and the schedule will be Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
A Bachelor's degree is required in Business, Statistics, Information Management, Business Analytics, or Psychology. A Master's degree is preferred. One to three years of experience in data analysis and data mining and experience extracting, managing, manipulating, and reporting using large data sets. Higher education or other educational setting experience is preferred.
Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite
Advanced Excel Skills (e.g., Vlookup, Hlookup, pivot tables, formulas, graphs and charts).
Demonstrated understanding of relational databases, and experience with programmable software (e.g., Access and SPSS) to perform statistical tests including correlation analysis, One-Way ANOVA, linear regression, etc.
Experience with survey and assessment instruments such as SurveyMonkey.
Strong oral and written communication skills are necessary to relay data issues and data analysis findings in an organized and easily understandable fashion.
Excellent organizational skills with a keen orientation to detail, deadline, as well as the ability to prioritize multiple deadlines.
Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills.
Northwestern Health Sciences University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!