Data Entry Clerk Job Description Sample
Data Entry Clerk
At New York Blood Center, one of the most comprehensive blood centers in the world, our focus is on cultivating excellence by merging cutting-edge innovation with diligent customer service, groundbreaking research, and comprehensive program and service development. Join us as we work towards meeting and exceeding the growing needs of our diverse communities, further our lifesaving strategic goals in a rapidly changing environment, and expand our impact on the local, national, and global communities we serve.
Utilizing your keen attention to detail, you will enter data into computerized systems, and ensure the accuracy of essential donor information.
Sorting and reviewing all forms and documents received from collection sites for accuracy and completeness, and requesting missing information from hospitals if discrepancies are found
Inputting information on collection and data forms into NCBP Oracle system for 1st & 2nd entry
Inputting IDM test results and Beckman Coulter cell counts into NCBP Oracle database
Reviewing consent forms for completion and ensuring consent forms are within the hospital IRB and NYBC IRB approved period and match forms with corresponding data forms
Updating and maintaining all training binders and keeping all files up to date
Serving as a back-up for Data Entry Supervisor (pull data forms as requested, download data loggers, complete entry in CordSource as requested)
Assisting in preparing Monthly Units Collection report
Performing general administrative duties such as filing, copying, and faxing
To qualify, you must have a High School Diploma or equivalent, along with one year of clerical or administrative experience, that includes data entry. Knowledge of a variety of software applications (Microsoft Office Suite), and the ability to type 35 words per minute is required, as is solid organizational, oral/written communication, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills.
We offer a competitive salary, dynamic work environment, and a comprehensive benefits package
Data Entry Clerk
Tempe, AZ 85283
M-F, 7am-4pm, some weekends
Standard Background Check + 10 Panel Drug Screen
Start Date: ASAP
The Data Entry Clerk is responsible for preparation, scanning, and electronically labeling all patient related documents to the correct outpatient patient medical.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Must type 40 wpm or better.
- Good type writing skills.
- Analytical and organizational skills.
- Prior experience working as data entry keyer is a plus.
- Microsoft Outlook and Excel experience.
Data Entry Clerk
HealthyPets, Inc is a leading pet supply company that provides only the best products to its clients. Our policy is to work hard and play hard. We are always on the lookout for individuals who share this standard. Currently we are looking for a data entry person to assist our customer service and marketing departments.
* Maintains database and records by entering new and updated customer and account information
* Fills out coupons and submits to appropriate company for reimbursement
* Maintains data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures.
* Verifies entered customer and account data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or reentering data.
* Secures information by completing backups.
* Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
* Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
60 WPM +
Attention to Detail
- Benefits package
- Veterinary discounts
- Website and retail discount
- Bring your pet to work Friday
- Stocked Snack Pantry
- High-tech environment
- Large break/game room
Data Entry Clerk
Parallel Employment Group is seeking a temporary Data Entry Clerk for a client located right in Delavan, WI. Assignment will last 3-4 months. $14 per hour; 8am-4:30pm. Great opportunity to earn extra money for the holidays.Responsibilities
- Transfer data from paper formats into computer files or database systems using keyboards, data recorders or optical scanners
- Type in data provided directly from customers
- Create spreadsheets with large numbers of figures without mistakes
- Verify data by comparing it to source documents
- Update existing data
- Retrieve data from the database or electronic files as requested
- Sort and organize paperwork after entering data to ensure it is not lost
- Proven experience as data entry clerk
- Fast typing skills; Knowledge of touch typing system is strongly preferred
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel etc.)
- Basic understanding of databases
- Good command of English both oral and written and customer service skills
- Great attention to detail
Data Entry Clerk
The Opportunity - DATA ENTRY CLERK
Western Paper is currently seeking to fill an open Data Entry Clerk position. This is an outstanding opportunity for motivated and talented applicants! As a Data Entry Clerk, you'll spend your day performing data and accounting reconciliations, as well as interacting with different internal team members, customers, and vendors. This particular position will be located at our Denver location, and is a full-time role.
We're looking for exceptional people with the following skills:
If hired, you're going to love working at Western Paper because you will:
Have an incredible opportunity to develop new skills. You'll acquire practical, professional workplace experience.
Earn a real shot at promotion! We love to recognize employee growth and success with advancement.
Enjoy the friendly workplace atmosphere. You'll quickly become friends with coworkers and your supervisor!
Feel a sense of pride. There's job security in knowing you're part of a proven, stable company that's growing!
Be motivated by the team's strong work ethic. Our crew is eager to excel at providing customers a superior experience.
Experience a sense of empowerment! You're always encouraged to solve problems, contribute ideas and make a difference.
Find our leadership to be down to earth. They're accessible, caring and truly seek to inspire success
To learn more about this type of position at Western Paper, visit http://www.western-paper.com/office/
The Company--WESTERN PAPER DISTRIBUTORS
Western Paper Distributors is a thriving, award-winning supplier of cleaning supplies and equipment, food service packaging, laundry and warewash solutions. As a family-owned business for more than 40 years, we've built a stable and unique business where growth and promotion opportunities abound. Discover our spirit of employee development and promotion at www.western-paper.com/success-stories/
At Western Paper, colleagues become caring friends and team members are empowered to strategically solve problems, deliver results and make a difference.
We're growing fast because of our exceptional commitment to customer service and our remarkable relationships (and buying power) with the nation's leading product manufacturers. But it's the people--not the products--that make Western Paper such a rewarding and challenging place to work. We're a proud member/owner of Network Services Company, a $15 billion national organization--and a proven contributor to the local communities we work in. We recognize that anyone can deliver supplies, but nobody can provide the same relationship-based consulting, training, and unprecedented dedication to service that make Western Paper our customers' preferred provider. We support our team members with a competitive compensation package that includes a variety of benefits. To learn more visit www.western-paper.com/benefits/
If you're ready to advance your career, contribute to a team of some of the smartest, friendliest folks around and make a positive impact on people and the businesses they run...we're here to help! Get to know us better by visiting www.western-paper.com/get-to-know-us/
- We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Local candidates preferred.
Data Entry Clerk
Data entry via internal and external computer systems.
Title processing for multiple locations.
LKQ Corporation (NYSE: LKQ), an S&P 500 and Fortune 500 company, is a leading global value-added distributor of vehicle repair parts and accessories. The Company is the leading North American provider of recycled automotive and aftermarket collision parts as well as specialty accessories for automobiles, trucks, recreational and performance vehicles.
LKQ Europe, with operations located in 15 countries, collectively is the largest distributor of automotive aftermarket mechanical repair parts and related products in Europe, holding leading market positions in the United Kingdom, Italy, The Netherlands, The Czech Republic and Slovakia. Globally, the Company has more than 1,100 operating locations and 40,000 employees.
LKQ has an entrepreneurial, growth orientated culture and since 2005 consolidated revenue has grown at a compound annual rate of 28%. Come join the family and be LKQ Proud!
Competitive Pay 401k Plan with generous employer match
Insurance Plans for (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability)?
Paid Holiday leave days and a Paid Time Off Program
A top-notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career
Data Entry Clerk
The data entry clerk performs data entry functions and general office functions within an appraisal project. The data entry clerk must learn the project’s appraisal software system and use it to input sketches and other property data into the computer. As a data entry clerk, you may file maps or documents and prepare various items for the field appraisal staff as needed.
- Perform data entry on appraisal projects. Input specific information into appropriate property records within the appraisal software system.
- Transfer hand-drawn sketches from field documents to computer systems.
- Prepares office correspondence, mailings, and other administrative requests as needed.
- Compute lot values and areas either manually or within the appraisal project software.
- Ensure computer sketch dimensions are consistent with field documents, and inform field staff of any discrepancies.
- Ensure field cards are associated with appropriate maps before distribution to field staff.
- Prep cards, sketching tools, directions, and other necessary items for field staff.
- File maps and property cards in appropriate sequence and location.
- Verify the accuracy and perform quality control checks for individual and peer data entry work as instructed.
- Maintain personal production records and submits to management. Occasionally assist supervisors with completing production logs.
- Professionally represent the company to property owners and other members of the public, directing those with questions to appropriate resources.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Keen attention to detail, basic mathematics/geometry skills, and strong organizational skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle administrative tasks and data entry effectively.
- Solid PC skills, including basic knowledge of MS-Word and Excel, or their equivalents.
- Prior data entry experience preferred.
- Previous experience with appraisal software systems is a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to build and maintain trusting relationships.
- Exceptional benefits including elective Medical, Dental, Vision, and Short-Term Disability coverage.
- Company paid Basic Life Insurance, AD&D, Long-term Disability, and Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Celebrate You! Choose one (1) paid day of personal celebration each year to use however you choose.
Data Entry Clerk
Title: Data Entry Clerk
Estimated Assignment End Date: 04/05/2019
Location: Owings Mills, MD 21117
Duration: 6 months+
• Performs administrative functions
• Completing and creating financial changes
• Invoicing checks to customers and dealers
Ideal candidate should possess:
• Knowledge of Windows environment and Microsoft Office
• Minimum of 1 to 3 years clerical experience
• Banking or Accounting experience preferred.
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills are required.
• Ability to resolve escalated issues when traditional methods fail in order to solve unique problems.
• Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in written form with all departments and at all levels of the organization
• Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance to support team and business objectives.
• Responds appropriately to new or changing situations to meet customer needs
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Strong work ethic
Data Entry Clerk
If you are meticulous, detail-oriented, and ready to put your skills to use in a fun environment full of challenges and opportunities for advancement, we want you to join our team as a data entry clerk. You will be responsible for collecting, reviewing, and entering data from various sources to support both customers and team members in completing our company's mission. Join us and use your critical thinking and exceptional computer skills in an engaging, team-oriented office.
- Compile, read, sort, and process source data and enter relevant data into correct fields quickly and accurately.
- Research data sources as necessary to verify accuracy and completeness of information and proactively seek additional sources when necessary to meet data entry requirements.
- Review previously cataloged data for errors by comparing with source data and modifying fields as needed to fix errors or supply omitted information.
- Communicate effectively with managers and colleagues to clarify work assignments, resolve issues, and turn in completed assignments.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent, plus ability to complete on-the-job training
- Excellent computer skills, including accurate 10-key typing, and experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to be proactive and work independently to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail with multitasking and prioritization skills
- Previous relevant work experience
Data Entry Clerk
The Data Entry Clerk is responsible for inputting lists of items, numbers, or other data into the computer; or completing forms that appear on a computer screen. The Data Entry Clerk may also manipulate existing data, edit current information, or proofread new entries to a database for accuracy.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
1. Apply client specifications to accurately complete process and key client materials.
2. Timely and efficient identification of various client materials.
3. Work efficiently within a team environment to meet client deadlines and service level agreements.
4. Ability to identify different document types.
5. Maintain a record of completed work.
6. Follow instructions and communicate with supervisor or trainer when appropriate to ensure customer expectations are met.
7. Compile, sort, and verify accuracy of data.
8. Maintain confidentiality and security of client information per client guidelines.
9. Maintains levels of productivity and quality based on department standards.
10. Additional responsibilities and duties may be assigned.
Persuasive communication skills necessary to collect essential information, answer questions, and direct callers to appropriate personnel in a professional and courteous manner
Developed interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, other business areas and government agencies as required
Planning and organizational skills necessary to coordinate workload around complex, multiple assignments
Thorough knowledge of computerized applications, for example, word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software
High school Diploma or GED.
Type a minimum of 10,000 alpha numeric and 10-key strokes per hour (KSPH) at a 98% accuracy or better.
Physical demands with activity or condition requiring a considerable amount of time include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (i.e., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or adding machine. Physical demands may include walking, carrying, reaching, standing, and stooping. May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, or pulling up to 25 lbs.
Exela is a proud sponsor of the 100,000 jobs Mission to employ America's veterans. We believe that hiring veterans is not only the right thing to do for veterans, but it's a great thing to do for our business.
Our Nation's military veterans represent the best this country has to offer and they bring meaningful skills to the workplace. Additionally we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, disability or veteran status.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!