Database Job Description Sample
Database Engineer, Level 3- OW
- TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Ten (10) years of experience as a DBE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years of additional DBE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with providing engineering support for Oracle relational database systems (RDBMS).
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability and Disaster Recovery options
- Knowledge of indexes, index management and statistics
- Knowledge of Structured Query Language
- Understanding of distributed computing architecture
- Experience with shell scripting languages, crontab, and Solaris.
- Experience with virtualized machines and databases hosted thereon
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems
- Experience in performance tuning and optimization using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience in producing effective designs for very large database systems, including specifications for:
- Oracle schema design
- Designing effective loading techniques for complex data structures in both bulk and near real-time scenarios
- Hardware platform recommendations based on projected performance requirements.
- Experience with text-indexed database systems.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Knowledge of both current and planned Oracle products.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|Location:||On client site in |
|Clearance:||TS/SCI with FS Poly|
Lunarline is looking for a Database Administrator to DBA for a fast-paced DevSecOps program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the setup, configuration, and maintenance of the DevOps database infrastructure.
- Responsible for the ongoing correct and efficient operation of the database engine across all of our environments & enclaves.
- Responsible for monitoring disk space, memory, performance, security (STIGs, pki authentications, etc), data preservation and recovery.
- Responsible for DB patching and upgrades.
- Responsible for monitoring data integrity within a single DB, multiple DB instances (replication) instance as well as across all enclaves (migration).
- Responsible for the containerization of the DB in Red Hat OpenShift.
- Works under consultative direction towards predetermined long-range goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated. Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results. Work checked through consultation and agreement with others rather than by formal review of superior.
- Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve critical organizational objectives and affect the image of the organization's technological capability.
- Expert in PostgreSQL schema development
- Expert in EnterpriseDB Server installation, maintenance, performance tuning, and monitoring
- Expert in EnterpriseDB Replication (xDB) installation, maintenance, setup, and monitoring
- Expert in setting-up and working a containerized DB environment (RH OpenShift)
- Expert working on RHEL systems with good system administration skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- The following certifications (more than one is preferred): Lunarline, Inc. School of Cybersecurity “Certified Expert” certifications.
Database Development Specialist I - III (Multiple Candidates Needed)
Database Development Specialist I - III (Multiple Candidates Needed): Experience in design, developing, and implementing infrastructure to provide highly-complex, reliable, and scalable database to meet objectives and requirements. Analyzes organization's business requirements for database design, and executes changes to database as required.
Analyzes procedures and problems to refine data for database management. Analyzes, designs and implements accurate, secure, efficient, logical and physical data bases and coordinates database development applying knowledge of database design standards and database management system. Identifies and resolves production and/or applications development problems related to the use of the database management system software or utilities.
Reviews project request describing database user needs. Be able to assess existing data handling systems to evaluate effectiveness, and develop new systems to improve production or workflow as required.
- Level I: 0-3 Years related work experience & A.A. degree (may substitute A.A. degree with a High School diploma equivalency with a related commercial database management certification)
- Level II: 4-8 Years related work experience, a B.S. or B.A. degree in related information management field (may substitute with a B.A. or B.S. in any degree field with related database or information management certification)
- Level III: 9-15 years related work experience, a B.S. or B.A. degree in a related information management field, & an IA certification in accordance with DoD Instruction 8570.01M.
Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
Candidate must possess an Active Secret Security Clearance.
This is a full-time position, located in Huntsville, AL.
Senior SQL Database Administrator
Senior SQL Database Administrator
Duration: 6+ Months
Skill Set :
The applicant needs to have 7 years of recent SQL Server DBA experience (including 2 years experience with SQL Server 2014 or 2016). The applicant must be able to demonstrate strong technical skills in the use of the components of SQL Server and demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot SQL Server issues. The individual must be a solid team player with good communication and writing skills. The applicant must be able to work well with all types of customers.
- Experience with Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
- Knowledge and experience with Catalogic, TDP and TSM
- Writing, testing and maintaining T-SQL and stored procedures as they relate to DBA support
- Writing, testing and maintaining SSIS packages
- Windows administrator knowledge and experience with 64 bit environments
- Experience with SSRS, SSAS and Power Shell
- Writing, testing and maintaining Windows scripts
- Knowledge of SQL Server 2016 features No
Senior Database Engineer - League Database Engineering Team
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it's for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
The League Database Engineering team brings deep knowledge about databases, operating systems, performance tuning, monitoring databases using various technologies to LoL ecosystem. As a part of the LDBE team, you possess a depth of knowledge in the database technologies along with the breadth of understanding on infrastructures, systems, scalability, and computer science fundamentals to solve massive load problems. You will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology including containerized highly scalable databases, HA solutions, and various automation technologies.
You will work on the central team supporting all of League of Legends database infrastructure. You will develop and maintain a scalable infrastructure that supports one of the largest games in the world. Your goal will be to help launch, maintain and optimize the infrastructure in an automated fashion. The team consists of dedicated mentors, database engineers, and contributors with an extensive background in delivering the highest uptime for databases. Do you want to work on highly scalable, player-facing databases? If so, this is a perfect role for you.
Design, and build logical and physical data models from the business and technical requirements
Write complex stored procedures, functions, ETL jobs
Ensure the databases meet modern security standards.
Identify and optimize complex and long running queries, and remove blockages
Set database modeling and SQL coding standards; educate the team and implement quality controls
Solve production issues and provide on-call support
Evaluate change requests and assess their impact on the production databases
Ensure backup and recovery plans are sufficient
Perform capacity planning and support monitoring in collaboration with development, NOC and IT
Implement and Maintain high availability (HA), scalability, disaster recovery, and backup/recovery solutions
Automate routine DBA tasks through scripting and/or open source tools
Setup monitoring solutions to pro-actively collect, analyze and resolve database related issues.
Install and configure MySQL instances, databases, and replication for optimum performance
10+ years experience with database design and administration across multiple systems including MongoDB, MySQL 5.6/5.7, AWS (Aurora, RDS, EC2 etc.) is required
Experience with mentoring engineers in the database craft is required
Strong SQL skills, Query performance analysis, Index Optimization
Experience with either Linux/Unix Operating systems
Experience with Standard Replication and Galera Replication
Performance optimization with MySQL and Operating System
Experience with database backups and recovery
Experience with Percona Toolkit such as pt-online-schema-change
Understanding of database sharding, and mechanisms to prevent full outages based upon data partitioning (sharding)
Familiar with MySQL standard methodologies and security
Knowledge of Chef, Git, Terraform
Proficient in scripting/programming language like Shell, Perl, Python, Golang
Experience working with DevOps and Agile/Scrum teams
Capacity evaluation in terms of projection and status quo in terms of storage, performance
Capable of consultation to build highly available structures, HA, Consistent HashRing, failover and cross region replication scenarios.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills- technical and non-technical
Able to work with a high degree of autonomy and within an environment with ambiguity
Demonstrable experience of the ability to lead via influence without authority
Experience in evaluating mean database latency performance P50 and P99 values.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Lead Database Administrator (Oracle)
For 30 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world's most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
6-190605-9067: Lead Database Administrator (Oracle)
Arlington Open Date6/10/2019 JOB DESCRIPTION
STG, a wholly owned subsidiary of SOS International LLC (SOSi), is seeking a Lead Oracle Database Administrator in Arlington, VA.
The ideal candidate will possess experience in leading a small team of oracle database administrators in operational support of production, test and development environments utilizing Oracle 11g and 12c. The selected individual will be an active member of a mature Agile development team utilizing SAFe methodologies to develop, edit and refine documentation as part of the software development lifecycle process. Collaborating closely with the development and operations teams and customer stakeholders to bring together the full range of technical and business competencies needed to enable successful achievement of customer service deliverables and SLAs, technology transformation, business requirements and other work deliverables which are consistent with organizational goals and objectives. The candidate will work in a collaborative manner with the operations and architecture teams to propose, brainstorm, represent, and implement simple to complex architectural solutions.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
Support Oracle 11g and 12c Databases on Windows and Linux platforms for mission critical applications
Report the status of all database tasks to audiences of varying degrees of technical knowledge
Coordinate and communicate efforts which involving multiple internal and external teams
Create schedules, plans and related documents of all database tasks
Manage a 5-person team of senior level DBAs
Provide database administration support to multiple agile software development teams
Work with Operations and System Administration teams to maintain and enhance the production database infrastructure
Work as a key member of a software development program, recommending architecture (software and hardware) changes and enhancements to provide system security and efficiencies.
Work with the ISSO team on annual accreditation documents, scans, and demos.
Serve as a member of an Agile Development team utilizing SAFe methodologies.
Develop and carry out information security plans and policies
BS in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field of study
Oracle Certified Professional (OCP)
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Experience: 10 years minimum support Oracle databases
Secret clearance or ability to obtain interim (which requires US citizenship)
Experience with Oracle Streams and/or Oracle GoldenGate
Experience supporting Oracle database on both Windows and Linux platforms
Experience with Oracle 11g and 12c
Experience with Oracle database security requirements as documented in NIST Guidelines
Able to provide 24 X 7 support on a rotating basis
Experience with Microsoft Project
Experience working with Agile software development team
Work environment is normal for office setting. All work is performed on site.
The ability to thrive in fast-paced, high-stress situations
The ability to communicate effectively both verbal and oral with customers, colleagues and other contractors.
Database Analyst/ Programmer
Job Location: Fort Huachuca, AZ
Salary: Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
Clearance: Current DoD Secret
Travel: Up to 25% CONUS
THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDING OF A GOVERNMENT CONTRACT
The purpose of this task is to provide all personnel, equipment, supplies, facilities, transportation, tools, materials, supervision, and other items and non-personal services necessary to support the RCC-C
The Database Analyst/ Programmer:
- Maintains the EP-DNS who-is database.
- Maintains the PKI-E database for certificates issued and revoked, ensuring all USARCC-C managed PKI-E data, archives and systems are protected from unauthorized access.
- Provides database administration for the regional ETFM database servers.
- Performs proactive database administration tasks to prevent database error and maintain database availability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or related discipline.
- 4 years of Information Technology (IT) experience along with a BA/BS.
- IT II/ IAT II.
- Security+ CE or higher.
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
Set the Example - "Be out front"
Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
Holidays and Annual Leave
10 Paid Holidays
120 hours PTO accrual
Junior Database Administrator
- Possesses 3 years’ experience that includes 1 year in a specialized area. Specialized experience includes: demonstrated experience with DBMS design and system analysis, current operating systems and data manipulation languages.
- Provides database administration and troubleshooting.
- Security Plus Certification is required
- Active Security Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, Social Science, or other related analytical, scientific, or technical disciplines.
Senior Database Developer
- Administration of the Oracle database that supports the app.
- Provide ongoing support for TLO staff and other users of the app including troubleshooting end user hardware/software issues and connectivity issues
- Consult with TLO staff to design and implement enhancements to existing database tables/views, PL/SQL code and reports
- Work with TLO staff and external vendors on upgrades and bug fixes as required
- Create and provide information and reports to the Director and other TLO staff as requested
- Work closely with the external vendor, Project Manager, and TLO IT and Website Manager to assist in the upgrade to a new IP database
- Ensure cost effective management of IT related costs
- Serve as a liaison for the TLO to: IT consultants, vendors and central IT resources within MIT
- Establish, manage and maintain standards and systems for security of data in the TLO
- Prepare system and user documentation as needed
- 2-3 years of experience in Oracle database administration
- 5-6 years of experience with Oracle database development (SQL and PL/SQL)
- Experience with Tableau Desktop
- Familiarity with document management platforms
- Experience with Linux and/or Unix operating systems
- Experience with Microsoft Windows (7/10) desktop operating systems
- Excellent problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently and to exercise good judgment and discretion in the performance of all work assignments
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills that reflect courtesy, diplomacy, and a collaborative approach to develop and maintain effective working relationships with end users and customers of the TLO
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; be able to explain the work in plain language to management with no data experience
Senior Database Administrator W/ Oracle, Accumulo, And Java
- TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE TS/SCI W/ FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH SECURITY CLEARANCE (U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED)
Key technologies leveraged include Oracle, Accumulo, PL/SQL, Apache Tomcat, Java, JDBC, JMS (Tibco and ActiveMQ), REST, ExtJS, and Linux. The engineer / architect should have strong Oracle database administration and application support skills. The engineer should have hands on experience working on Linux platforms. 10 years in developing relational database software and experience with one or more relational database products.
Key Skills (3-5) Candidates Evaluated Against An understanding of current and future database management system technologies, especially Oracle and Accumulo. Database engineering and architecture skills Knowledge and experience with Procedural language (PL/SQL).
Desired Skills (3-5) Oracle PL/SQL Linux Accumulo, including installation / configuration of an HDFS cluster.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!