Database Job Description Sample
Logical Database Administrator / Database Develope
HHSC Social Services Applications division is seeking a Logical Database Administrator / Database Developer who has a proven track record in developing and maintaining high-performance enterprise software solutions using Agile methodologies.
HHSC Social Services Applications team is responsible for implementing and managing leading edge applications including Texas Integrated Eligibility Redesign System (TIERS) and the related Eligibility Supporting Technologies portfolio that is used to process applications and to determine eligibility for over 60 types of food, cash assistance, medical, and community care services to Texans in need. We work with cutting edge technologies on many high-impact initiatives that serve various HHSC lines of business. We do this all with an exceptional team of software, database, and dev-ops engineers, working together to make a difference for our customers.
In this position, you will develop, enhance, maintain, and support the databases underlying the TIERS applications portfolio including one or more of TIERS, Task List Manager, Document Center, Enterprise Content Management, Family Violence, and other Social Services application components. You will work closely with the application development teams, our business stakeholders and other partners to enhance the TIERS applications portfolio and to implement new solutions. You will work with a very talented team in building databases and applications using some of the coolest web platform technologies including: Java/J2EE, SOAP/REST web services, Spring, JPA, JQuery, AngularJS, IBM WebSphere, Oracle, and more.
This is an exciting role, demanding a strong background in Oracle database technologies, and is central to ensuring that the TIERS applications portfolio remains available and in service for HHSC Staff and the citizens of the State of Texas. You will work in a fast paced, customer service based environment.
You will be responsible for performing advanced logical database administration / database development, performance monitoring & tuning and providing database related support to the application development teams, testing, and defect repair among other responsibilities. Utilizing Agile development practices, you will participate in backlog grooming & user story development; design, develop, build & test databases; and work together with other teams in support of application enhancements planned to support new program & business requests and to enhance Scalability & Stability of the applications.
In addition, you will provide application & database operations triage support to troubleshoot & resolve functional & performance issues encountered in production, development, and test environments. This responsibility includes both workday and night/weekend on-call support as required to maintain high availability of the applications for various users.
Essential Job Functions:
- 35% Owns all day-to-day application-specific database design efforts in relation to the assigned applications. Performs and supports the design, development, tuning and maintenance of databases including structures, behaviors, performance, security, and recovery. Provides expertise in and participates in the development and implementation of database architectures to meet application performance and security requirements. Serves as a technical resource for difficult questions and problems. Provides technical guidance for database related design, development, integration, conversion and testing work. Educates development teams on database concepts and techniques. Assists with analysis and design of new development, updates, changes, and fixes. Writes and debugs complex stored procedures and triggers.
- 35% Implements, administers, manages, and monitors the assigned application databases in production & non-production environments. Monitors database performance. Designs and implements performance tuning improvements and advises developers on tuning options. Ensures that data integrity and data security is maintained. Identifies and resolves problems. Demonstrates advanced troubleshooting and analytical skills through problem resolution.
- 10% Configures and monitors alerts. Develops and implements appropriate monitoring tools. Plans for future data needs ensuring that needed capacity is available. Develops policies and procedures to ensure consistent implementation of database and programming best practices. Contributes to development of budgets and recommendations for future upgrades. Contributes to improving and creating database application processes and procedures.
- 10% Evaluates and recommends database software packages and upgrades. Plans, coordinates and implements database management software installations and upgrades. Assists in the testing of application updates, enhancements and changes for the purpose of ensuring that assigned applications and related systems continue to meet SLA requirements. Collaborates with support teams on various IT projects.
- 10% Other duties as assigned, including actively participating and/or serving in a supporting role to meet the agency's obligations for disaster response and/or recovery and/or Continuity of Operations. Prepares status updates for management.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
Knowledge of database structures and theories, current database technologies, and data analysis techniques.
Knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of computer programming and systems design.
Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle.
Skill in technical analysis and design, including database design and planning.
Skill in communicating both verbally and in writing with customers and peers.
Ability to work effectively with Oracle 11g /12c, Windows Server, Unix (Solaris) and Linux.
Ability to identify and define user needs. Ability to process information logically.
Ability to troubleshoot and affect a solution for complex software and database problems.
Ability to develop reports and cross references from the data dictionary.
Expertise in troubleshooting & isolating source of performance issues quickly during slow system response time scenarios.
Knowledge of evolutionary & traditional Oracle tuning methodologies, internal views, performance monitoring tools and shell & SQL scripting. Ability to proactively & reactively diagnose and tune performance issues in a multiple application environments.
Providing management with short & detailed post-mortem analysis and resolution of database performance issues.
Performing proactive & reactive iterative tuning in databases at various stages of SDLC.
- Experience managing large Oracle (specifically Oracle versions 11 & 12) databases on Unix in a Production environment Registration or Licensure
Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Professional is highly preferred. Initial Selection Criteria:
Graduation from an accredited two-year college. Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university, with major course work in computer science, computer information systems, or management information systems is highly preferred.; may substitute full-time, progressive, database development / database administration or closely related experience for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
Preferred 5 Years: full time database development / database administration, or closely related experience in enterprise-class production environment
Preferred 3 Years: Database development / programming (Stored Procedures, Triggers, PL/SQL, etc.) and/or script writing experience.
Preferred 3 Years: Logical Database Administration of Oracle 11 and/or Oracle 12 databases in production environment, including, creating & documenting logical & physical data models, developing stored procedures/scripts/SQL and optimizing/tuning SQL
Preferred 3 Years: Experience supporting application development teams and multiple, simultaneous development cycles
Preferred 2 Years: Experience working with Oracle 12 in an enterprise-scale production environment
Preferred 3 Years: Experience performing logical database administration in support of Java (J2EE) / DotNET / WebSphere based enterprise applications
Preferred Knowledge of software development life cycle methodologies including Agile SDLC
Requisition # 414375
Responsibilities include after-hours support for troubleshooting production issues and/or supporting production deployments.
Please complete & submit the State Application form. Resumes attached and/or pasted into the Resume field WILL NOT be considered equivalent to the State Application. A fully completed State Application form including the complete education & professional experience history is REQUIRED.
Military occupation(s) that relate to the initial selection criteria and registration or licensure requirements for this position may include: 25B, IT, 275, 0651, 3D0X2. For more information see the Texas State Auditor's Military Crosswalk at http://www.hr.sao.texas.gov/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_InformationTechnology.pdf.
HHS agencies use E-Verify. You must bring your I-9 documentation with you on your first day of work.
I-9 Form - Click here to download the I-9 form.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), HHS agencies will provide reasonable accommodation during the hiring and selection process for qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance completing the on-line application, contact the HHS Employee Service Center at 1-888-894-4747. If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodation to participate in the interview process, please notify the person scheduling the interview.
Senior Mainframe DB2 For Z/Os Database Administrator (Senior Specialist Database Analyst)
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon BXP technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
The Mainframe Services Database Administration team has an opportunity for an experienced Mainframe DB2 for z/OS Database Administrator to manage complex DB2 systems for mission critical applications with plans to expand usage. In addition to ensuring the performance, stability and reliability of the database platform, the Database Administrator (DBADM) needs to support several upcoming projects that require a highly motivated individual to design, coordinate, implement and provide ongoing support.
The DBADM will be responsible from the initial design phase of the application throughout development, testing, implementation and maintenance. After developing a good logical database design with the Data Administrator (DA) and a good physical database design with Systems Administrator (SYSADM), DBADM will primarily be concerned with any technical issues which may arise at each stage of development. DBADM is responsible for communicating specific application systems requirements to SYSADM and working with SYSADM throughout the life of the project development cycle.
Major responsibilities include:
Logical Database Design
Design Review scheduling and participation
Assistance to SYSADM/DA in creating the Physical Database Design
Development of the test and acceptance database environments
Control and maintenance of the test and acceptance databases
Support for application design/development team
Support for application testing team
Design and technical issues regarding future database modifications and enhancements
Once the application is finalized in development, DBADM will continue to support with responsibilities including:
Design and definition of database objects (DDL)
Utility usage plan
Implementation of an application backup/recovery plan
Implementation of an application security plan
Data access methods
SQL code review
Tuning and efficiency
Much of these items will continue to be the DBADM's responsibility once the database moves into Production.
Sr. Specialist Database Analyst (Administrator)->> Designs, implements, and supports database management structures, as well as database back-up, recovery, security, archiving and conversion strategies. Collaborates with application development teams on various database issues and takes a lead role in problem resolution. Collaborates and consults with application development teams to determine database/system platform selection, efficient database design, and access. Provides technical assistance and mentoring to staff in all areas of database support. Designs, implements, and maintains physical database structures and associated network and system configurations. Manages data, maintaining data integrity, using effective utility and disk management procedures. Monitors database and replication servers for resource utilization. Uses knowledge and expertise of existing database environments to make recommendations for opportunities to share data and/or reduce data redundancies. Assists database team in providing problem identification and resolution support through analysis and research. Designs and administers database security strategies. Installs and configures database management system and related distributed system software as needed. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required.
Eight to ten (8-10) years of experience in design and administration of logical and relational databases or systems analysis is required.
ACF2/RACF, BMC, CA, CICS, IBM Replication (SQL-Rep), DB2 for z/OS, DB2 Connect, CA-Insight/DB2, Informatica Replication, MQ, QMF for TSO, QMF for Workstation, SAR, SDSF, TSO/ISPF/JCL.
Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45152
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1901404
Contingent Database Administrator (Cio/Code 109)
Job Location: Norfolk Naval Ship Yard, Norfolk, VA
Job Code: 10385302
Position Description: Imagine One Technology & Management is currently seeking a Database Administrator “contingent” upon award of the associated work to the Imagine One Team. This position supports the US Navy in Norfolk, Virginia. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Provides operational support of computer hardware, system software, applications software, and system and user data files as configured within the associated database system.
- Provides maintenance for the integrity of all user/system data files, data verification following system restoration/recovery procedures, and data format conversion procedures during the import and/or export of data.
- Provides database reporting/printout support.
- Supports development of operating procedures and user technical manuals.
- Advanced knowledge of Oracle 11/12c, Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), RAC, Active Data Guard, Multitenant, Partitioning, Advanced Security, and Advanced Compression.
- Creating new user accounts, roles, profiles
- Proactive database monitoring and performance tuning of; tables, indexes, materialized views, scheduled jobs. Experience with monitoring tools - OEM, AWR
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing system problems
- Creating and working SR requests with Oracle Support
- Experience with ASM and database export & backup using Data Pump and RMAN. Working knowledge of RMAN, configuration, jobs and levels of backups
- Installation, testing and staging Oracle Quarterly security patches
- Maintaining and monitoring database storage structures
- Monitoring and managing production users and security
- Managing database backups and performing and testing recoveries
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience providing database and associated database systems administration support and having mastery level knowledge and understanding of applicable technical concepts and practices for Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM).
- Experience conducting requirements analysis, designing, developing and administering database applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT-related discipline.
- Applicants who do not satisfy the education requirement will qualify with a total of five (5) years of relevant experience as described above.
- Associate Degree (AS/AA) or Bachelor Degree (BS/BA) in a relevant field, or possessing Oracle Database Administrator expertise gained through prior education/training/employment such as military occupational specialty or classification
- Must meet Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II certification criteria specified in DoD 8570-01M which includes:
- Security+CE, (or one of the following equivalents: GSEC, SSCP, or CCNA-Security)
- A computing environment certification such as Oracle Certified Associate, Oracle Solaris 11 System Administrator, Red Hat Certified System Administrator, CompTIA Linux+ or Linux Professional Institute LPIC-2 required
- The Oracle Certified Associate (OCA), Oracle Certified Professional (OCP), or Oracle Certified Master (OCM) for Oracle 12c required.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Top Secret Clearance (DoD)
*Imagine One “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and Imagine One is established; namely, award of contract to the Imagine One Team. Contingent requirements vary and mayalso include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance).
Database Administrator/Vulnerability Scanning Specialist
Administrator/Vulnerability Scanning Specialist
|Location:||On client site in |
Lunarline is looking for a Database Administrator/Vulnerability Scanning Specialist to provide support for a program that performs scans on 4,000 host devices. This program is composed of annual, monthly, and periodic Ad Hoc or Emerging Threat scans. The DBA will be responsible for database management, design, troubleshooting and configuration of Microsoft SQL databases.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with client to create automated tasks using PowerShell scripts
- Maintain a record of systems scanned and reports sent in the government-provided SQL database.
- Coordinate with approximately 500 unique units’ IT staff to schedule and prepare for recurring security scans of assets physically located at the IDCs.
- Use Tenable Security Center Continuous View (Nessus) to schedule scans according to unit staff’s day / time preferences.
- Generate and provide Basic Risk Reports (BRRs) via email for all servers scanned during recurring, Ad Hoc, and / or Emerging Threat scanning events.
- Perform remediation scans and provide BRRs.
- Prepare Residual Risk Reports (R3s), Security Assessment Reports (SAR) (for release by government personnel) for unit Executives for all systems scanned during recurring, Ad Hoc, or emerging Threat scanning events.
- Experience with database creation, maintenance, data loading, etc.
- Experienced PowerShell Programmer
- Knowledge of report writing through Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services in creating required and ad-hoc reports.
- Clear and effective communicator - both oral and written.
- Experience with scans using Tenable Security Center Continuous View (Nessus) or other vulnerability scanning tools
- Experience with MS Windows and Linux common vulnerabilities, patching, and system administration.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- The following certifications (more than one is preferred): Lunarline, Inc. School of Cybersecurity “Certified Expert” certifications.
Old National Bank was established in 1834. Today we are the largest financial services holding company headquartered in Indiana. We provide an array of services to our clients which include Retail Banking, Investments, and Wealth Management. At Old National we believe that by helping our associates balance work life with home life, we create a more productive workforce and a stronger company.
In 2019, Ethisphere Institute announced Old National Bank as one of the Worlds Most Ethical Companies for the eighth consecutive year.
Old National Bank has an exciting IT opportunity in the greater Apple Valley, MN area for a Database Engineer. The Database Engineer is responsible for various aspects of the design, development, administration and implementation of database and application solutions. The Database Engineer will perform engineering and administration for multiple production databases and be responsible for fast-paced complex distributed database environments supporting primarily OLTP and OLAP. The Database Engineer is challenged with a high level of responsibility for engineering, research, development and maintenance of Old Nationals core information assets.
Design, develop and implement data solutions, database programming and test plans.
Test, validate and implement performance and resource optimization improvements.
Maintain development and production environments.
Monitor and maintain database security, application software, data integrity and quality.
Perform root cause analysis of production-related database issues.
Available for on-call production databases: daily maintenance, monitoring, problem resolution and internal customer and development support.
Develop and maintain development standards, database policies, product documentation and support documentation.
Review, design and develop data models (Business, logical and physical) in conjunction with the application development teams.
Assist Enterprise Architect in the design and development of enterprise systems.
Prepare documentations for database design, database objects, system configuration, code migration and change management.
Create and maintain the enterprise data dictionary.
Utilize strong query and database tuning techniques.
Capacity monitoring and management capabilities.
Evaluate industry trends in database systems and recommend improvement to Old Nationals database system management, protocols and procedures.
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related field.
Minimum of 5 years Database development experience with administering and supporting multiple databases for performance critical, highly available systems.
Experience managing servers in large-scale, geographically diverse environments.
Data modeling experience with conducting performance tuning, scalability/capacity planning, in addition to SQL, PL/SQL and UNIX shell scripting.
Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Experience in creating automation tools for managing relational databases.
Working knowledge of at least one compiled language (e.g., Java, C++, C#) and at least one scripting language (e.g., Python, Ruby, Perl) is a plus.
Experience with other Data Persistence platforms: RDBMS, NoSQL, Hadoop is preferred.
Experience with Data Information Lifecycle Management, Data Security, Big Data is a plus.
Required knowledge of DBA forms, DB administration and DBA best practices (e.g., schema management, index optimization and use of hints).
Must have an appetite for learning and passion for driving a positive change.
Ability to work independently and with a diverse, challenging, dynamic work environment while maintaining a positive attitude.
Old National is proud to be an equal opportunity employer focused on fostering an inclusive workplace and committed to hiring a workforce comprised of diverse backgrounds, cultures and thinking styles.
As such, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless we have an agreement signed by the Talent Development Team Lead, VP, to fill a specific position.
Associate Report Developer (Sql/Etl) - Database Systems, Full-Time
To be fully engaged in providing Quality/No Harm, Customer Service and Stewardship by being an integral member of our delivery team, assisting the design, development, implementation and support of mission-critical enterprise reports. Working with cross-functional teams, you will participate to gather and document reporting requirements to meet business needs. You will then use those requirements to design, develop, test and implement reports that utilize the underlying data store(s)/ data warehouse(s) / data mart(s).
The Report Developer ensures timely delivery of data solutions in support of the team and business. Designs and programs custom reports throughout the organization. Maintains current reports created in support of the following systems: STAR, SCM, ACPM, SIS, MIDAS, CENTRICITY, and others as assigned.
Provide technical and functional support for the creation of reporting solutions. Support the establishment of data governance and data quality structure, in order to ensure that the derived analytics can be trusted.
Create and maintain custom queries, views.
Identify opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
Provide accurate, timely and insightful responses/analysis to constituents regarding various ad-hoc projects and initiatives.
Translate business requirements into specifications that will be used to implement the required reports, created from potentially multiple data sources. insure proper configuration management and change controls are implemented for your sphere of influence.
Ensures system policies and procedures for applications of primary responsibility are documented and followed to maintain the optimal level of security and confidentiality of information.
Maintains a high level of security as it pertains to system access, computer usage, remote access and physical security in assigned areas of responsibility, abiding by established Health First Information Security policies and applicable HR policies and procedures.
Assist with the development and support of application code, scripts and queries.
Consolidate standard reports, eliminated duplicate functionality and reduced the number of standard reports.
Design and optimize indexes, views, stored procedures and functions using T-SQL
Collaborate with business owners across the HF system to identify and quantify key business metrics. Representation will include development and management of performance dashboards and scorecards to measure outcomes, business performance and quality indicators.
Create, update and maintain documentation of business requirements, processes, attributes, metrics and business/strategic projects. Reviews and updates on an annual basis.
Support leadership and business owners through the use of problem solving skills and analyses of the information to help identify issues and solutions.
Ensure that report development priorities are focused on solutions that directly support IDN strategic initiatives and requirements.
Create many ad hoc reports in support of STAR, SCM, ACPM, SIS, CENTRICITY; and create reports subscription schedule for managers and clients.
Work with various business units and analyze all business requirements. Develop, organize, validate and distribute extract data files required by external and internal customers.
Transition developed reports to the BI Support team
Provide support as required to ensure the availability and performance of developed reports for both external and internal users
Communicate effectively with internal customer to identify needs and evaluate alternative reporting solutions.
Work with the all levels of Leadership on the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships.
Optimize data accessibility to business owners to improve the timeliness and accuracy of data for decision-making.
BA/BS in Computer Science or related field.
*Equivalent combination of experience, education and training will be considered.
- Performance tuning experience related to reporting queries.
*Equivalent combination of experience, relevant internships, education, and training will be considered.
Interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills are required to support working in project environments that includes internal, external and customer teams.
Requires analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities.
Programming / scripting experience.
*Equivalent combination of experience, relevant internships, education, and training will be considered.
Knowledge of software development life cycle preferred.
Ability to manage multiple priorities, and assess and adjust quickly to changing priorities.
Experience in Microsoft Windows, Oracle, MS SQL or other operating systems or platforms required for job responsibilities.
*Equivalent combination of experience, relevant internships, education, and training will be considered.
- Programming experience and knowledge of one or more industry-standard programming languages.
Familiarity with Visual Basic, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Visual Studio preferred.
Familiarity with Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, or other database management preferred.
Communication and organizational skills.
Ability to work in a team environment, and interact favorably with people.
Ability to interact with users and other stakeholder groups to understand the business process and design a useful and valid reporting solution.
Must be self-motivated and able to handle multiple concurrent projects.
Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
Oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Customer Service oriented.
Senior Database Engineer: Oracle
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way - push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions...Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Database Administrator (DBA) supporting the Application Messaging Framework (AMF). Responsible for the design, maintenance, monitoring, and administration of multiple Oracle databases. Candidate should demonstrate a strong Database Administration background. General tasking and job responsibilities include:
- Work with developers to design and create tables, views, and indexes
- Management of tablespaces, partitions, and datafiles
- Monitoring and management of system storage and data age-off, accounts, account permissions, and account expiration
- Creation and maintenance of PL/SQL stored procedures and triggers
- Backup and restoration of Oracle databases as required
- Installation of Oracle software and monthly security patches
- Migration of Oracle databases to new hardware
- Research and Development of FOSS alternatives to Oracle
- Securing Oracle access using TLS, certificates, and the Oracle Wallet
- TS/SCI clearance with full scope polygraph
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer engineering or in a field related to the computer engineering or computer science disciplines
- 8 years of Software Engineering experience. An additional 4+ years of Software Engineering experience may be substituted for the degree for a total of 12 years.
- At least three years of experience in the SIGINT, IA and IT domains
- 5+ years of Oracle DBA experience
- 5+ years of experience with PL/SQL and SQL
- Ability to debug and resolve database errors and performance bottlenecks in a timely and effective manner
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and status updates to peers and management
- Oracle database performance tuning
- Experience optimizing SQL queries and stored procedures
- BASH shell scripting experience
- Experience using git for configuration management
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
- Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program)
- 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
- $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
- Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
- Dental coverage including orthodontia
- Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
- Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, MW;SWEIII-B;2-41
Sr Strategic Database Specialist
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Provide data mining, data analysis, database marketing and consulting services. Manage the planning, direction, coordination and strategic/tactical deployment of internal and external data resources within the Exelon Utility Data Warehouses. Perform analysis and prepare comprehensive reports to support business operations. Research and provide statistical, financial and operational information. Develop, organize and present performance reports for both internal and external use. Provide expert analytical and operational support to the business units.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Perform advanced analysis including customer intelligence analyses operating performance improvement, campaign targeting/segmentation strategies, campaign response analyses, and analytic strategies for company research and customer relationship management initiatives.
Analyze data using advanced data mining techniques in support of process improvement initiatives using tools such as SPSS or SAS.
Advise, plan and collaborate with directors, managers, business specialists and analysts by accessing and analyzing strategic customer, operating, and marketing information. Advise, counsel and support the development of strategic business plans, marketing plans and product/program implementation plans.
Plan and coordinate the development and utilization of Exelon Utilities Data Warehouses. Build, modify, monitor and maintain a CRM database system.
Develop, implement and monitor predictive models for improved operational performance, new product/program penetration, account acquisition, segmentation, etc.
Conduct complex modeling, forecasting, trending, variance analysis, business case development, and other financial and operational analysis (e. g. , operational effectiveness, budget, resource, workload, workforce and capacity utilization, competitor, etc. ).
Provide expert analytical and operational support to the business unit.
Advise and counsel officers, directors, managers and business specialists on analytical findings and recommend courses of action that redirect resources to improve operational performance, increase penetration of existing products and services, launch new products and services, drive customer satisfaction, or assist with overall emerging business issues.
Develop and maintain the Data Warehouses, the primary depository of internal operational, customer and externally purchased customer data. ; It is the role of this position to provide internal customers with data and analysis that best positions the company going forward.
Support business unit strategic planning.
Integration of business knowledge and functional priorities to address complex problems and non-standard situations
Education: Bachelors degree required in market research, marketing, statistics, computer science or equivalent business experience.
Experience: Consulting experience (5-8 years) in customer analysis, customer relationship management, marketing communications or marketing research. Experience in segmentation analysis and strategy, database analysis and implementation and relational database extraction/manipulation. Proficient in relational database query languages such as SQL.
Analytical Abilities: Proven ability to manage and conduct data analysis, extrapolate and integrate the data, draw conclusions, and provide clear, concise, actionable information. Proven ability to apply findings to both strategic and tactical business plans and resilient in changing or uncertain situations.
Working knowledge of data manipulation / analytical tools for use in mainframe and client / server environments. Computer literate in Microsoft Office Suite of products. Business knowledge of statistical analysis and statistical applications in business situations.
Ability to translate data analysis and findings into coherent conclusions and actionable recommendations to executives. Ability to translate executive vision and guidance into methods and analytics. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Masters degree in Computer Science/Information Systems Management, Business Administration, Market Research or Marketing.
2 years experience with energy company specific systems and data, including billing systems, outage management systems.
Provide strategic data mining and analyses
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Datrose is seeking a Database Developer with 5+ years of experience for an Long Term Temporary Assignment (W2 Only) opportunity in Huntersville, NC!
This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual. If interested in exploring this great opportunity, please apply directly at www.datrose.com/careers.
Motorsports Engineering Company seeks an experienced SQL Server Developer to participate in database development and database administration for enterprise-level software products. This position will focus on TSQL coding, issue remediation, and providing development support for application developers at a project level.
The candidate will also be required to assist with performance tuning, production bug fixes, and help to guide process improvement within the DBA group. The ideal candidate will have at least five years' experience in SQL development or administration, will possess an expert understanding of the SQL Server architecture, administration, security, and will demonstrate a solid grasp of advanced TSQL coding techniques focusing on performance. Experience with merge replication setup, management, and troubleshooting are a plus for this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Candidate will work on a team that is responsible for developing, customizing, supporting, and deploying PME database applications for clients. Required skill set for this position is as follows:
Collaborate with product owner and or database architect to improve upon database designs or performance
Work with Business Analysts to properly document design as well as assist with exploring possible database designs for future enhancements.
Work with project team to create efficient, flexible, and scalable database.
Develop Triggers to validate data and protect the database.
Create required TSQL and CLR stored procedures to support API or application development.
Assist in mentoring application programmers in the creation of stored procedures
Create functions and views as needed to enhance business process or database performance.
Work with the Database administrations team to enhance internal tracking and analysis tools
Work with Database Administration manager to improved application deliver processes and procedures.
Work with application support personnel to assist with defining application enhancement requests.
Assist with application integration with existing third party applications for internal and external clients.
Assist with Database administration duties as needed.
Assist with customer deployments as needed
Assist with data migration from old system to new system when installation is replacing an existing system. Again as needed
Identify and act upon opportunities for improving databases
Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies
Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In addition to the responsibilities mentioned above, tasks relating to the following area will be assigned as required:
Interaction with current and potential customers regarding the use of Engineering tools
Provide feedback on product needs and processes
Required Education and Training:
BS in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent
At least five years' experience in database administration or development with MS-SQL Server 2008R2 or later database platforms
Required Specialized Knowledge and
Solid understanding of relational database modeling concepts
Eight or more years of database development experience
Development work utilizing SQL Server 2016 TSQL enhancements a plus
Database Modeling experience (OLTP) DM and or DW would be a plus
Proficient in TSQL performance tuning techniques.
Experience with implementing multiple schemes and security management
Proficient in C# for CLR Procedures
Working Knowledge of SSIS package development utilizing transactions and logging
Experience with SSRS and SSAS are a plus
SQL server administration experience. You also have the basics of running Microsoft SQL Server - users, permission, backups, recovery, monitoring, and that sort of thing.
Working knowledge of SQL Server 2016 security model is a plus
Experience with file stream is a plus
Experience managing a "Big Data" or NOSQL environment is a plus
Sound knowledge of traditional as well as agile software development methodologies
Knowledge of Scrum methodology of agile software development and its application
Strong knowledge of systems and software development lifecycles; application integration techniques;
Excellent skill in communicating orally and in writing with people
Excellent troubleshooting ability
Highly effective working in a team, as well as working independently
Proficient working on various projects together at the same time and achieving resounding success
Preferred Specialized Knowledge and
Professional experience working with MS-SQL Server 2016
Experience working with customers of varying levels of technical expertise
Good understanding of .Net programming, HTML, CSS, and web programming is a plus
Type of Equipment Used:
MS/Windows servers, workstations, laptops and tablet PCs
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Long hours may be required
Stress may occur periodically
Limited amounts of travel may be required
Datrose is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Senior Database Engineer
Whole Foods Market is looking for a multi-platform Senior Database Engineer as we transition
to a DevSecOps delivery methodology and managed, open-source database services.
We're looking for an experienced database administrator who will develop policies, processes, and procedures for cloud database architecture, operations, and automated pipelines, and support our production SQL Server and open-source database services. The successful candidate will have extensive experience as a SQL Server DBA, good judgment, and an ability to identify, plan, and deliver large-scale service and process improvements. Experience with open-source platforms is a plus, but is not required.
Data layer architecture (specs, HA/DR, horizontal scaling, distributed databases)
Performance tuning (query tuning, indexing, wait/lock/deadlock analysis)
Develop/test/document technical standards, workflows, and policies
Provide technical consultation for architects, project managers, developers, and support staff
Provide L3 support for production and non-production SQL Server database services
Provide L1/L2 supprt for production and non-production open-source database services
Mentor associate engineers and provide technical and operational guidance
Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation
5 years experience as a database administrator in a high-uptime enterprise environment
5 years experience as production SQL Server DBA (build, operation, maintenance)
5 years experience with T-SQL scripting
5 years experience with query tuning and troubleshooting N-tier applications
1 year experience with Amazon Web Services (RDS, EC2, Redshift, S3)
1 year experience with Powershell scripting
Experience designing data layer architectures
Experience with open-source RDBMS platforms (MySQL, PostgreSQL) preferred
Microsoft Windows Server
Microsoft SQL Server (2012+)
Amazon Web Services
RedHat Enterprise Linux
PostgreSQL or MySQL experience a plus
SQL SERVER TECHNOLOGIES:
Windows Failover Clusters
AlwaysOn Availability Groups
Transparent Database Encryption
Conversant with current technology and service delivery themes
Comfortable working alone or as part of a team
Good sense of humor!
SUBJECT MATTER FAMILIARITY:
Docker / Kubernetes
Pester unit testing framework
Kibana / Grafana
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!