Database Job Description Sample
Senior Oracle Database Administrator (Obiee)
The Senior Database Administrator (DBA) reports to the Director of Database Systems and is responsible for performing both advanced and all general database administration functions including overall database and system design, Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) configuration, system design and maintenance, Golden Gate configuration and maintenance, database installs including upgrading and patching, backup and recovery including standby database management, replication, streams and employing both advanced and general performance tuning strategies. The Senior Database Administrator also works closely with the Development Team in troubleshooting SQL statement issues and presenting fact based findings to developers to improve processes. This position plays a role in making recommendations to improve web application processing issues and design. Additionally, the Senior Database Administrator should be familiar with administering and operating the Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) tooling.
Experience administering Oracle8i -11g and other RDBMS including MySQL
Knowledge of and experience with Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) tooling and how it interacts with other Oracle database tooling
Experience in UNIX/Linux environments with a thorough understanding of the underlying operating system.
Experience in shell scripting.
Experience in database change management/data management through the various stages of the system development life cycle.
Advanced knowledge and experience in physical/logical database design.
Advanced knowledge and experience utilizing backup and recovery principles Recovery Manager (RMAN).
Advanced knowledge and experience in space management and capacity planning Advanced System Management (ASM).
Advanced knowledge and experience in database security management.
Advanced knowledge and experience in database architecture and system design.
Advanced knowledge and experience in database performance tuning principles.
Makes technical presentations to Senior Management and internal customers.
Advise Senior Management on ways to improve overall system and database processes.
Ability to handle multiple/conflicting projects and deadlines.
Ability to work on call and provide 24/7 production support.
Demonstrated communication skills with management, development teams, vendors and systems administrators.
High School Diploma/GED
Junior Database Administrator
- Possesses 3 years’ experience that includes 1 year in a specialized area. Specialized experience includes: demonstrated experience with DBMS design and system analysis, current operating systems and data manipulation languages.
- Provides database administration and troubleshooting.
- Security Plus Certification is required upon 90 days of hire
- Must be US Citizen and able to obtain Security Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, Social Science, or other related analytical, scientific, or technical disciplines.
InCadence Strategic Solutions is currently seeking a Database Architect in Manassas, VA (with occasional travel to Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD).This task order will integrate and optimize the functionaity of existing PMO Project Management TPF tools to develop a single enhanced PEO C3T TPF tool that can seamlessly account for all fielded equipment within US Army enterprise Accountable Property Systems of Record (APSR). AN ACTIVE SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED.
- BA/BS from an accredited college or university, preferred degree in Mathematics, Business, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics.
- 6 years experience in Database design, system analysis, data manipulation and query design; 1 academic year at an accredited college or university in an accredited preferred degree related post-secondary program may be substituted for 1 year of experience.
- Proven experience to direct the design of databases to store, secure, select, and retrieve information in a logical, orderly manner.
- Must be able to ensure designed systems provide sufficient controlled avenues for access to and update of the database.
- Proven experience with currency, accuracy, and integrity of data.
- Previous/current experience overseeing the design and maintenance of data dictionary and ability to retrieve transactions to ensure correct implementation and usage of the database.
- Current/Active Secret Security Clearance
- Previous PEO C3T experience.
Database Support Specialist
|JOB TITLE:||Database Support Specialist||DATE REVISED:||01/30/2019|
|REPORTS TO:||Parts |
Responsible for the maintenance and improvements of the proprietary Access database system. Responsibilities also include providing technical support to all system users and assisting on projects involving costing and inventory.
- Identify and understand the company requirements with respect to the database administration system that needs to be maintained
- Maintain and improve Access/Sage 100 ERP integration
- Develop data models and design the database architecture as per the given instructions and modify them to accommodate the system requirements
- Test the system at each phase of development to identify problems and ensure good performance of the database system across various platforms and terminals
- Install security features and grant access levels as per the user privileges set by the company
- Coordinate with other developers and update them on the latest updates regarding the system
- Provide support and prepare troubleshooting guides for easy referencing to address the most common difficulties users may face
- Make necessary modifications to the system and provide regular system updates
- Provide support and assistance on special projects involving costing and inventory
- Additional duties as required
- 2 to 3 years of experience with software development and database administration
- Ability to write code through the use of C++
- Knowledge and experience using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications with specialization in Access
- SQL server database and scripting language experience
- Good oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform well in a team-based environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Software Engineering a plus
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Dental / Vision
- Long and Short Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401K Benefits w a company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
We are drug free workplace that conducts pre-employment physicals and drug screenings. We are regulated by the department of transportation and will be conducting random drug testing at regular intervals.
You may apply for a position with D/T Carson Enterprises using one of the following methods:
Option 1: Apply directly online: http://completecoach.catsone.com/careers/
Option 2: Schedule your interview directly with our corporate recruiter via phone or email
- 800-300-3751 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1863 Service Court, Riverside, CA 92507
Database Administrator Lead
Graham Technologies is hiring a Database Administrator Lead at our customer site at Natick, Mass. We are looking for a candidate to provide primary and backup database administration (DBA) services for all relational databases operating at our customer site
- Perform database builds, reorganizations, maintenance, tuning, backups, restorations, and query design.
- Install and upgrade the database servers and application tools
- Perform release management.
- Keep database systems patched a
- Provide system support documentation for all databases and database routines on all Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS).
- Install approved 3rd party software for applications and developer tools.
- Monitor and quickly resolve any connectivity issues on multiple platforms and protocols.
- Provide recommendations and alternatives regarding which platform best supports each RDBMS.
- Support and administer database application integration with Active Directory to support Single Sign On.
- Develop and support database scripts to automate daily routines and provide alerts. Issue database user IDs and passwords.
- Develop, field, and support database applications.
- Provide database administration support for new and existing tables and other database formats.
- Create logical and physical database design.
- Create primary database table structure, working in conjunction with application developers.
- Create primary objects, working in conjunction with application developer.
- Perform file transfers using file transfer protocols (FTPs), loads, downloads, data file manipulation, and data archiving.
- Manage multiple RDBMS including Oracle Enterprise Server 11G/12c (and later) and Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014/2016 (and later).
- Support multiple database applications, both custom designed and 3rd party
- Ensure that RDBMS systems will be available during business hours on official Government business days
- The Contractor shall support the existing Oracle applications in addition to any newly developed applications.
To land this position you must have an Active Secret Clearance and some working knowledge of the below skills
- Five + years of relevant experience in the area of information technology. 1+ year experience leading a team
- Working knowledge of Oracle Enterprise Server 11G/12c (and later)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014/2016 (and later).
- Possess excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on verbal and written communications
- A+ CE, CCNA-Security, Network+ CE certification required
- SQL Server or OCP/OCA certification required
About Graham Technologies
Established in 2007, Graham Technologies provides Information Technology (IT) and engineering support services to the commercial and federal sectors. Through Superior IT support services and application modernization, Graham has assisted customers in achieving their respective goals and objectives; increasing their return on investment (ROI); and maintaining efficiency and effectiveness of their IT solutions. Graham Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Are you willing to accept the mission?
Sounds interesting? Start the conversation. Tell us what the next step in your career could be.
Database Administrator (Cio/Code 109)
Norfolk Naval Ship Yard, Norfolk, VA
Job Code: 10385302
Position Description: Imagine One Technology & Management is currently seeking a Database Administrator “contingent” upon award of the associated work to the Imagine One Team. This position supports the US Navy in Norfolk, Virginia. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Provides operational support of computer hardware, system software, applications software, and system and user data files as configured within the associated database system.
- Provides maintenance for the integrity of all user/system data files, data verification following system restoration/recovery procedures, and data format conversion procedures during the import and/or export of data.
- Provides database reporting/printout support.
- Supports development of operating procedures and user technical manuals.
- Support is provided to a variety of database systems (e.g., Oracle, Sybase, and/or Informix).
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience providing database and associated database systems administration support and having mastery level knowledge and understanding of applicable technical concepts and practices for Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM).
- Experience conducting requirements analysis, designing, developing and administering database applications.
- The Database Administrator shall have demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- Developing and implementing applications in microcomputer environment.
- Implementation of relational databases.
- Managing information and developing reports using database management system.
- Working knowledge of IA/IO concepts and assessment & authorization (A&A) process.
- SharePoint 2010 and up, Microsoft Access, XML, jQuery, Java Script, HTML, and VBA
- Experience working with Microsoft Access 2010 and up
- Experience working with SharePoint 2010 and up
- Experience with the knowledge and proficiency to install and administer a variety of IT hardware and software
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT-related discipline.
- Applicants who do not satisfy the education requirement will qualify with a total of five (5) years of relevant experience as described above.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Top Secret Clearance (DoD)
*Imagine One “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and Imagine One is established; namely, award of contract to the Imagine One Team. Contingent requirements vary and mayalso include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance).
Senior Database Administrator - MS SQL Server
InCadence Strategic Solutions is currently seeking a Senior Database Administrator with a MS SQL Server focus to work on our client site in Dahlgren, VA. All candidates must have a SECRET security clearance. The Sr DBA will support the following mission:
- Performs combat system engineering, combat system certification, combat system test and evaluation, mission/force/system-of-system analysis and engineering, interoperability engineering, cost analysis and human system integration.
- The Department provides a lead role in developing, fielding and sustaining operationally superior warfare systems and performing the full spectrum of warfare analysis, research, development, integration, test and evaluation, and certification to provide quality system engineering and war fighting products to the Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard.
- Bachelor's Degree in MIS or Computer Science related field. Proven experience and/ or certification can be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree
- 10 years DBA experience with Microsoft SQL Server (2012 or greater) in a production environment is required
- 8 years of experience configuring, implementing and supporting large highly available SQL Server environments, including experience with Failover Cluster and database mirroring/ always on
- 8 years of experience with SQL Server troubleshooting; ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve live database systems issues
- 5 years of prior experience with a database on a virtual platform
- 3 years’ experience with T-SQL and PowerShell Scripts
- 1 years’ experience in the use of query, index and DB I/O performance tuning, and Stored Procedures and SQL coding
- 2 years’ experience with Database migration/ upgrade
- 1 years’ experience in disaster recovery principles and practices, including planning, testing, backup/ restore using disk-based backup solutions
- 2 years’ experience with SAN hardware and administration
- Requires a Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert – SQL Server Database Administration certification
- Requires an Oracle Certified Associate or Oracle Certified Professional certification
- MUST HAVE ACTIVE SECRET (interim will be accepted) security clearance
Principal Database Architect
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Principal Database Architect to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
The Principal Database Architect designs, models, documents, and guides the logistical and conceptual relationship of data and database changes for complex applications.
Analyzes needs and requirements of existing and proposed systems, and develops technical, structural, and organizational specifications.
Create standards and develops modeling to monitor and enhance capacity and performance across multiple DB platforms and environments to include interaction with multiple databases.
Ensure architecture supports future enhancements and system integration activities.
Management of multiple disparate database environments, including managing data models, tables and schemas to store data across multiple applications environments
Develop and maintain complex scripts/programs to support data computation, data loading, and data integration, to include future data integration activities
Perform database management functions including resolving performance issues, making schema changes required for new functionality, and installing new releases and patches
Candidate needs to be able to keep up with latest development technologies and work well with teams/multiple stakeholders.
Strong project management and communications skills are highly desired.
We offer flexible work arrangements, great learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 5 years of experience as a SQL developer
OR Master's Degree in a STEM discipline with 3 years' experience
OR PhD Degree in a STEM discipline with 0 years' experience
Experience in ETL tools including creating and maintaining SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
Experience with SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS)
Experience in designing data models, schema, and tables
Active Secret DoD Security Clearance
Experience in Python scripting
Experience implementing, tuning, and maintaining SQL databases using Microsoft Visual Studio
Experience working in Agile development and methodologies
Experience in PLM applications and terminology, specifically supporting Aerospace customers
Expertise with PLM and data interoperability standards such as PLM XML, eQube MI integrations/extractions, eQube BI reporting
Demonstrated understanding of Product Lifecycle Management Systems and Teamcenter 11.x
Demonstrated understanding of Aerospace effectively management principles
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
IT Database Analyst - IT Database Analyst Sr (Db2 Mainframe)
This position is posted in a range from IT Database Analyst - IT Database Analyst Sr
NOTE: Education and/or experience will be used to determine the appropriate salary and salary grade level.
DB2/mainframe DBA. Exhibits an in-depth understanding of developing and supporting Database Management Systems. Participates and assists in analysis and design on moderately complex database assignments using specifications assigned by higher level employees. Work with other IT personnel and vendors to facilitate problem solving, database design, and system integrity. Possesses an in-depth fundamental understanding of basic database management systems, analysis, design, and performance principles. Exhibits fundamental understanding of application architecture and technical components. Familiar with mainframe environment, simple troubleshooting procedures and how to access IT support and help appropriately.
Responsible for small-medium scale assignments with moderate direction from senior staff.
Develops physical database structures according to normalized logical models.
Performs moderately complex fundamental database optimization according to business requirements and best practices.
Participates in the development and maintenance of the database environments.
May provide technical area knowledge/assistance to software development staff.
Demonstrates a moderate understanding of AEP standards and best practices for databases, data models and metadata.
Works independently, receives minimal guidance.
Manage/lead/mentor staff on an indirect basis which might include providing performance input.
Database Administration Manager
- Designing methods to store, analyze, utilize, and organize data;
- Migrating databases from old systems to new systems;
- Testing and coordinating modifications;
- Serving as the technical lead for database projects;
- Auditing, modifying, and amending data in systems;
- Troubleshooting and correcting issues as they arise;
- Adding new system users to the system as needed and authorized;
- Planning and coordinating security measures alongside network administrators and security architects;
- Participating on the DGC ARB or its working groups, as assigned;
- Co-Leading the CloudOps aspects of the DGC Continual Service Improvement initiatives, which includes the ITIL-based KPIs to benchmark the performance testing of DGC’ ITSM Services (Incident Response, Information System Contingency, Configuration-Change Management);
- Co-leading the annual review & calibration of ITSM Services, cloud security tools, CloudOps requirements and documentation (policies and procedures and guidelines)
- FedRamp experience required
- A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or other engineering or technical discipline is required.
- Strong and solid experience of database administration in a cloud environment
- Experience with replication/clustering and partitioning
- Must be U.S. citizen or green card holder
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!