Deburring And Tooling Machine Operator Job Description Sample
CNC Machine Operator
- Sets up and operates machine tools, such as lathes, milling machines, boring machines, and grinders, to machine metallic and nonmetallic workpieces according to specifications, tooling instructions, and standard charts, applying knowledge of machining methods
- Reads blueprint or job order for product specifications, such as dimensions and tolerances, and tooling instructions, such as fixtures, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cut, and determines sequence of operations
- Selects, positions, and secures tool in toolholder (chuck, collet, or toolpost)
- Lifts workpiece manually or using hoist, and positions and secures it to holding device, such as machine table, chuck, centers, or fixture, using wrenches and aids, such as shims, parallel blocks, planter gauges, and clamps
- Moves controls to position tool and workpiece in relation to each other, and to set specified feeds, speeds and depth of cut
- Starts and observes operation and regulates tool position and action
- Performs accurate and timely inspections required by the print/job sheet, and/or workgroup leaders, the quality assurance manager or a manufacturing manager
- Identifies (including nonconforming dimensions) and separates all nonconforming parts
- Produces parts at a rate which meets or exceeds accepted production standards
- Performs secondary operations and inspections, including deburring and cleaning parts produced, as cycle time permits
- May measure, mark and scrip workpiece to lay out for machining
- Counts finished parts and packs them neatly into a clean container
- Enters required data into computer
- Keeps machine and tools clean, properly lubricated and in good operating condition
- Practices good work habits including being productive and efficient, staying busy by seeing work, being dependable, clean and organized in work area, etc.
Full-Time, 3rd Shift Positions available with benefits.
Please complete an application at www.rosenboom.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
We are devoted to providing you with customer service that is unmatched in our industry. Because of our commitment to quality, BBSI Staffing has been one of Utah's premier staffing companies. Our friendly and professional staffing coordinators will make certain your company is completely satisfied with our services. With our experienced staff, we have proven methods on how to effectively market and maintain our services through experience, education, communication, and providing solutions to our customers' needs.
Technician, Machine Operator Advanced
Primary Responsibilities THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING: * Perform any of the Machine Operator Technician II duties and functions along with the following for assigned areas: _Coil Winding _ * Assembly of all coil types including tap coils.
Setup and operate coil squaring fixture and drying oven. _Insulation _ * Monitor and replace worn or defective router tooling and maintain dust collection system. _Core Cutting _ * Monitor and replace worn or defective shear dies and deburring tools.
Perform programming and scheduling to minimize spoilage, changeovers, and cycle time.
Perform setup and operation complicated machines and equipment with rigid tolerances.
May determine operation sequences and methods where specifications are imprecise or vague.
Troubleshoot problems with material/parts, prints, equipment or product. Aid in the implementation of corrective actions.
Assist in the preparation of work to meet production and schedule requirements.
Confirm quality criteria is properly inspected, verified and documented during production to ensure product meets specifications, tolerances, prints and customers order requirements, Identify and correct defects appropriately.
Complete process check sheets, daily production sheets and ensure other daily reporting and paperwork are completed according to Company procedures.
Assist with clarification and explanation of complex technical drawings, mechanical blueprints, electrical schematics, specifications and bills of materials.
Safely move, handle and store materials without damaging items.
Follow and comply with standard work procedures and sequence of operations to consistently meet production standards for safety, quality, cost, and productivity.
Perform TPM and scheduled preventative maintenance tasks on equipment and machines.
Practice 6S and comply with all safety rules, guidelines and safe working practices.
Safely operate material handling and lifting equipment such as overhead cranes, forklifts, pallet jacks, motorized scissor lifts and work platforms.
Actively participate in Continuous Improvement and Kaizen activities.
Assist in training of new employees including improving individual skills as well as assisting in the development of training materials.
Actively assist in troubleshooting and implementation of corrective actions.
Assist other production areas as needed.
Support and assist the Production Supervisor/Manager as needed.
Understand and work under the direction of the appropriate MEPPI policy and/or procedure.
Know MEPPI’s Quality, Safety and Environmental Policies. Be able to fully discuss the importance of these policies and how they impact work. THE DESCRIPTION ABOVE REPRESENTS THE MOST SIGNIFICANT ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF THE JOB BUT DOES NOT EXCLUDE OTHER OCCASIONAL WORK ASSIGNMENTS NOT MENTIONED. Essential Functions THE NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING: * Conduct on-the-job training for others and assist in training new employees.
Help in the development of training materials.
Assist and advise supervisor with personnel and production matters. Fill in for supervisor if necessary.
May provide work leadership and coordination including dispersing work assignments, planning work, tracking progress, and resolving routine quality, material, maintenance and production problems within guidelines as needed.
Perform other duties as assigned. Position: Technician, Machine Operator Advanced
Req Code:* 1596 Location: TN Memphis
Full Time:* Yes
CNC Brake Press Operator / CNC Press Brake Operator
We are looking for a CNC Brake Press Operator / CNC Press Brake Operator for a company near Delhi (Cincinnati). We have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts available. This is a long-term opportunity, with room for growth. Ideal candidates will be able to set up machine, and edit programs as needed. Programming experience is a plus, but isn't required.
CNC Brake Press Operator / CNC Press Brake Operator
- Responsible for operation, proving programs, operating controls, setting all machine functions, deburring and inspection of parts to assure conformance will be required.
- Must be able to work from drawings and sketches, read and understand manuals/specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished products, sequence of operations and set up requirements.
- Skilled in organizing work area before and after parts are processed, stacking completed parts properly on blocks or pallet to eliminate double handling and work efficiently
- Detects equipment malfunctions or out of tolerance machining and adjusts machine within capabilities. Reports all machine malfunctions to Management.
- Ability to calculate, blank sizes, bend locations, appropriate tonnage and tooling for each part being formed
- Communicates with management, production control, quality and other shop personnel for assignments and to resolve machining or quality issues
- May perform other duties as assigned by management
- Fork lift experience needed.
CNC Brake Press Operator / CNC Press Brake Operator
- At least 1 year of experience with a CNC brake press
- Ability to set up machine and edit programs as needed
- Open to OT work as needed
- Ability to read blueprints
CNC Brake Press Operator / CNC Press Brake Operator Compensation: Up to $19/hr. based on experience
Set-up, adjust and operate shop CNC machine tools to perform complex machining operations on a variety of close tolerance work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set-up, adjust and operate shop machine tools to perform complex machining operations on a variety of close tolerance work.
- Operate CNC machining equipment, and a variety of supporting equipment to perform a series of progressive machining operations to meet precise tolerance and finish requirements.
- Work from detailed and involved drawings and specifications. Machine types to include CNC Vertical Mill & CNC Horizontal boring bars, assorted manual machines, special purpose machines, etc.
- Work can range from smaller less complicated work to large and expensive work or smaller work of complicated nature having critical and exacting requirements as to tolerance and finish.
- Lay out and self-inspect workmanship.
- Diagnose and rectify tooling problems and machine malfunctions.
- Use a wide variety of precision measuring instruments and perform complex inspection of machining specifications and criteria.
- Knowledge of deburring techniques and ability to operate a variety of deburr and finishing equipment.
- Active and integral participation in machining improvement Kaizens / Lean efforts.
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Minimum 10 years of progressive Machining Experience.
- Requires knowledge of CNC and conventional machining and machine shop theory.
- Solid understanding of CNC programming, G-Code and M-Code, machine tool setup and integration, tooling, fixture and gage design/application.
- Requires the ability to use a personal computer and word processing, spreadsheet, and production software.
- Requires knowledge of materials, tooling & fixturing application, ability to adapt tooling, fixturing and attachments for special work requirements.
- Must have demonstrated ability to adhere to quality standards, criteria, and drawing specification.
Reporting directly to the CNC Group Leader, the CNC Operator is responsible for operating mills and lathes, deburring equipment and tools, and measuring equipment and tools. Advantech Industries is currently recruiting for skilled CNC Operators for our A shift. A shift is 7:30am – 4:00pm, Monday – Friday. Eligible candidates must have 6 months previous experience and a High School Diploma or GED.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Run CNC Mill or Lathe: Observes machine operation to verify accuracy of machine settings and to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, using precision measuring instruments such as micrometer and dial caliper. Clean machine and work area
Deburr Parts: Controls operation of computerized deburring and tooling machine to perform series of machining operations, such as drilling and deburring.
Inspect Parts: Inspects “first part” and inspects work pieces throughout the production run, for out-of-tolerance machining.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- With limited supervision and quality work ethic, functions as a member of a customer-driven quality team whose goal is to ensure that product quality requirements established by the customer have been achieved
- Holds oneself accountable for doing whatever is needed to meet the commitments made around project outcomes
- Maintains adequate levels of performance and motivation despite job tasks that are routine, repetitive, and/or non-stimulating
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written directives
- Ability to work well under pressure, to adhere to deadlines and the ability to be flexible
- Thorough operational knowledge and skills of specific equipment to be operated
- Ability to operate assigned equipment safely and efficiently
- Ability to keep record of time spent and material used
- Ability to use precision measuring tools and equipment, read drawings and blueprints, and be familiar with common machine and measuring tools, including micrometers and calipers
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening.
Advantech Industries is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process please call Human Resources.
Cnc Lathe Operator / Programmer
Responsible for set-up and operation of CNC lathe to produce parts to print specifications. Ability to program and edit is a plus.
Minimum of 3 years experience in set-up and operation of CNC lathes.
Responsible for loading parts, proving programs, operating controls, setting offsets, simple edits, deburring and inspection of quality parts for conformance to requirements.
Knowledge and application of precision measuring instruments.
Ability to read blueprints and specifications with an understanding of geometric tolerance and dimensioning.
Knowledge of tool holders, cutting tools, boring bars, fixtures, inserts and other accessories used on lathes.
Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands and Is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
CNC Set-Up Operator - 3Rd Shift
Are you interested in learning CNC Machining? Like working in a Medical Device type company? This job could be for you!
Our client is seeking several CNC Set up Operators for 3rd Shift. In this role you are responsible for the following tasks:
Operation and light maintenance of CNC machining centers
Maintain equipment and tooling
Hand deburring of metal medical products
Perform in-process inspection of CNC machined parts
Perform transactions within Oracle
Assist with corrective actions on product and process failures
Work with Vendors regarding equipment repairs and refurbishment
Review all manufacturing documentation, assembly, inspection, test, packaging procedures and provide feedback
Support engineering with process validations and equipment qualifications
Ability to work in a fast paced environment with ever changing priorities
Ability to monitor own work and ensure quality and accuracy
Strong organizational and time management skills
Experience working with inspection equipment (calipers, micrometers and comparators)
Metal polishing and grinding
Ability to operate and maintain CNC machining centers
Geometric, Dimensioning and Tolerancing
Previous Medical Device experience is preferred but open to candidates who have worked in a regulated type of environment
Open to CNC Operator/CNC/Polishing type backgrounds and/or recent completion of CNC formal education training
Milling background is a plus
Cam Star is highly desired
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with to see our list of other openings.
CNC, geometric, dimension, tolerance, grind, polish, inspect, caliper, micrometer, comparator
CNC MILLING MACHINIST (LATHE)
Minimum 7 years experience with set up and programming of multi axis turning centers with with live tool capability, using either paper drawings or CAD files. (Mastercam experience preferred)
CNC MILLING MACHINIST (VERTICAL)
Minimum 7 years experience with set up and programming of vertical machining centers with 4th axis indexers capability, using either paper drawings or CAD files. (Mastercam experience preferred)
CNC MILLING MACHINIST (HORIZONTAL)
Minimum 7 years experience with set up and programming of horizontal machining centers with 5th axis capability, using either paper drawings or CAD files. (Mastercam experience preferred)
CNC MACHINIST LEVEL 1
MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM ALL DUTIES OF MACHINE OPERATOR
ASSIST IN SETUPS FOR CNC MACHINES. GATHER TOOLING, FIXTURES ETC.
PERFORM DAILY MACHINE MAINTENANCE
IN PROCESS INSPECTIONS
BLUE PRINT READING
BREAK DOWN SET UPS/PUT AWAY TOOLING, FIXTURES ETC.
ABILITY TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS VERBAL AND WRITTEN
BASIC KNOWLEDGE OF CNC CONTROLS
WORK IN A TEAM ENVIRONMENT
WORKS UNDER DIRECT SUPERVISION OF A LEVEL 2
CNC MACHINIST LEVEL 2
MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM ALL DUTIES OF LEVEL 1
SET UP AND RUN OFF FIRST PIECES USING PROGRAMS AND FIXTURES FOR JOBS
PROGRAMMING IN MDI MODE FOR SIMPLE AND SEMI COMPLEX PARTS
OVERSEE PRODUCTION RUNS PERFORMED BY LEVEL 1
DESIGN AND BUILD SIMPLE FIXTURES
PERFORM FIRST PIECE INSPECTION UNDER GUIDANCE OF A LEVEL 3
RUN COMPLEX JOBS UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF A LEVEL 3
PERFORM IN PROCESS INSPECTION
WORK WITH A CNC MACHINIST LEVEL 3 TO OPTIMIZE PROGRAMS AND TOOLING
ANALYZE SET UP SHEETS
WORK IN A TEAM ENVIRONMENT
MAY USE CAD CAM SOFTWARE TO AID IN THE SETUPS
CNC MACHINIST LEVEL 3
MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM ALL DUTIES OF LEVEL 2
ABILITY TO TRAIN AND LEAD LEVELS 1 AND 2
EXTENSIVE KNOWLEDGE OF BLUEPRINT READING
BUILD COMPLEX FIXTURES
WRITE COMPLEX PROGRAMS USING MDI AND/OR CAM PROGRAMS
PLAN METHODS AND SEQUENCES OF DESIRED TASKS
WORK FROM BLUEPRINTS, TRAVELERS, AND VERBAL INSTRUCTIONS
ABILITY TO WORK WITH SOLID MODELS TO AID IN PROGRAMMING
EXTENSIVE KNOWLEDGE OF CAM PROGRAMS
PERFORM FIRST PIECE INSPECTION
COORDINATES IN PROCESS INSPECTION REPORTS WITH QUALITY PERSONNEL
ABILITY TO INTERPRET INDUSTRY SPECIFICATIONS AND FLOW DOWN REQUIREMENTS
ABILITY TO LEAD OTHERS
ASSIST IN QUOTING
WORK IN A TEAM ENVIRONMENT
WORKS WITH MINIMUM SUPERVISION, AND MAY INSTRUCT OTHERS
CNC Horizontal Milling
Works with minimal supervision to efficiently set up and operate 4-axis CNC Horizontal Machining Centers. Works to close tolerances machining parts of moderate to high difficulty and weighing up to several thousand pounds. Uses part drawings, routers, setup drawings and instructions for guidance in setting up the fixture elements and installing pre-set tooling. Uses overhead cranes and appropriate equipment and techniques to load parts. Establishes part alignment, datums and work piece offsets. Loads and runs provided CNC program. Monitors the machining processes (face milling, slot milling, side milling, boring, drilling, tapping, and reaming) and checks dimensions with precision gauges. Makes tooling adjustments as required to meet customer part specifications. Works with programmers and other production personnel to refine the CNC program and other supplied information. Uses time during machining cycle to perform other duties such as operating other equipment, deburring parts, and preparing for the next setup.
- Applies Lean principles, Quality Policy, Quality System & Safety Procedures
- Maintains orderliness, cleanliness, security and functionality of work area and equipment used.
- Can navigate computerized manufacturing system to find all data needed and to report labor and production information.
- Responsible for participation in ADP program, including goals establishment and skills development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (Other duties may be assigned):
- Reads process sheets, blueprints, and sketches of part to determine machining to be done, dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, and set up and operating requirements.
- Installs preset tooling in spindle or automatic tool change magazine per instructions. Can identify and use tooling such as face milling, slot milling, side milling, boring, drilling, tapping, and reaming operations.
- Uses set up information to mount, position and align work-holding fixtures and devices on machine table.
- Uses overhead cranes in lifting or flipping items weighing up to several thousand pounds. Mounts work piece in fixture or on table per set up instructions. Establishes part alignment, datum's and work piece offsets using devices such as a probe, edge finder, center finder or dial indicator. Checks work piece to ensure sufficient stock and ensure correct positioning to perform required operations.
- Selects, sets and verifies measuring gauges used to check product dimensions.
- Has machining and programming knowledge sufficient to optimize the machining process. Can prove out and trouble shoot new CNC programs. Adjusts the machine controls or program as required. Inspects first run piece and spot checks succeeding pieces for conformance to specifications. Leaves sufficient stock for following operations.
- Can use a tool dispenser machine.
- Can correctly input and adjust tool offsets to achieve and maintain part tolerances.
- Monitors tool cutting performance and wear, replacing cutting tools such as inserts, drills, taps, etc. to maximize production and minimize tooling costs.
- Makes use of time during cutting cycles to do additional tasks such as setting up and operating another machine, preparing for the next job or deburring parts.
- Performs basic maintenance on machine per instructions.
- Trouble shoots problems. Confers with supervisor, engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others as needed to resolve problems and make improvements.
- Reports non-conformance's.
- Labels finished parts for movement to next operation.
- Potential Duties
- Prioritizes work load and assigns tasks within the milling department.
- Must have experience with Hortizontal Milling
- Must have Diploma/GED
- Must have reliable transportation
- Good work ethic and a positive attitude
- Must pass background check
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Please note the selected candidates will be required to submit to computer testing.
Visit @StaffindersInc and like our page to find out more about work available!
4807 Rockside Road. Suite #370
Independence, OH. 44131
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!