Deburring And Tooling Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Machine Operator / Deburring
We are looking for a skilled Machine Operator to set up, maintain and operate machinery. You’ll ensure the interminable and efficient running of production. A great machine operator is reliable and able to work with attention to detail and safety standards. On-the-job training is a good way to discover how to do the job better, so you should have willingness to learn and improve. Being a team player is essential since all tasks will require close collaboration with co-workers. The goal will be to ensure that production procedures will be carried on smoothly to maximize efficiency and profits.Responsibilities
- Set up machines (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start a production cycle
- Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed)
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift
- Test operation of machines periodically
- Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Maintain activity logs
- Proven experience as a machine operator
- Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer etc.)
- Understanding of production procedures
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork and communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus
CNC Machine Operator
Assembly And Deburring Department Manager - Aerospace
We are a busy and growing contract manufacturer specializing in Aerospace, Military and Medical machining and assemblies. We are looking for an Assembly/Deburring Department Manager with an Aerospace background. An ideal candidate will have experience working with complex components and communicating with quality personnel.
Competent in blue print reading.
Trained on FOD and its effect on product.
Competent in standard military NAS and NASM, MA as well as customer specifications for hardware assembly.
3 year experience using basic hand tools such as Allen wrenches, torque wrenches, screw drivers, helicoils installation tools.
Competent in bushing assembly via press fit or use of temperature to assemble and use press or Bridgeport as needed to
perform such assemblies.
Capable of assembling multiple machined components per print or specification.
Able to assemble pressure holding hardware and perform pressure and flow testing.
2 years of minimum in a management role with responsibilities and a minimum of 2 or more direct reports.
Duties & expectations:
Meet schedule demands by efficiently utilizing employees, tooling and equipment in department.
Ensure employees are trained and competent in ability to assemble and test product, following procedures, correctly kitting
product and meeting all specification and quality requirements.
Manage all hardware, tooling and shelf life products to meet demands of production, including ordering, documenting as
required, and ensuring shelf life and counterfeit parts requirements are being met.
Assemble hardware and components in a safe, productive and quality manner.
Customer support for technical issues.
Document work on in-process inspection plans, production log, router and ERP system as applicable to maintain traceability
and quality records.
Communicate any concerns or issues related to production of parts, safety and quality to immediate supervisor.
Look to continuous improvement of processes and understand the contribution to the effectiveness of the QMS.
Only use calibrated measuring equipment whether personal or company supplied. If not in proper calibration notify quality
department to have corrected immediately.
Handle inspection equipment, machines and parts in a manner that will not cause damage
Aware of FOD program and effect on finished product and ensure all employees understand and abide by it.
Organize area in a lean environment to minimize waste and optimize efficiencies. Keep work area clean.
Support other areas such as laser marking, debur, shipping and related production support departments as required.
Aware of quality policies, procedures, objectives, contribution to conformance of product, safety and ethics.
- Short and Long term disability Insurance
- Holidays and Vacation
- Tuition reimbursement
Machine Operator Sr.
Machine Operator I
Machine Operator (All Shifts)
Press Brake Operator
Tube Operator 3Rd Shift
Operator 4 - E-Beam Welding Operator (Nights)
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!