Sr Clinical Specialist, Deep Brain Stimulation - Sarasota, FL
Careers that Change Lives
Bring your talents to an industry leader in medical technology and healthcare solutions – we're a market leader and growing every day. You can be proud to sell medical technologies that are rooted in our long history of mission-driven innovation. Our expanding portfolio delivers measurable clinical and economic value – and opens doors. You will be empowered to shape your own career. We support your growth with the training, mentorship, and guidance you need to own your future success. Together, we can transform healthcare.
Join us for a career in sales that changes lives.
A Day in the Life
This position supports the Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) Therapy group in the areas of surgical coverage, follow-up, support, troubleshooting, customer service and education within a territory. In certain instances this person may be engaged in basic market development activities depending upon the needs of the assigned territory.
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned:
* Represents Medtronic DBS during surgeries and implants by providing all necessary equipment and products required for the implant, demonstrates expertise in all aspects of implant, follow-up support and troubleshooting techniques (such as proper device selection, appropriate programming, correct implantation and testing of all device systems)
* Maintains current knowledge about assigned products and services as well as competitive products
* For new and existing accounts, this position is able to proactively identify needs and teach a broader level of caregivers and account employees
* This position educates and trains physicians, hospital personnel and office staff on technical matters relating to our products and therapies
* This is achieved by coordinating: one on one sessions, in service education programs, seminars and/or outside symposiums
* Assists district manager and in-house training department in education/training of new employees in the district (therapy consultants, clinical specialists, field clinical engineers, etc.)
* Provides sales support during or following cases such as completing the necessary documentation (for example: implant registration, temporary id cards, packing list) and is able to execute invoices in a variety of different situations
* This position is able to place an order with customer service for pending purchase orders and product replacement
* Maintains open and effective communication with all district personnel, customers and other Medtronic employees
* Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects at the regional and/or national level
* Ensure personal understanding of all quality policy/system items that are personally applicable
* Follow all work/quality procedures to ensure quality system compliance and high quality work
* Performs other related activities, as assigned
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
* A High School Diploma or GED with a minimum of 8 years of clinical or medical sales experience; OR
* An Associate's Degree or Clinical Certificate with a minimum of 6 years of clinical or medical sales experience;
* Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 4 years of clinical or medical sales experience.
Nice to Have
* Bachelor's degree in health care related field
* Master's degree
* Registered nurse or HCP with experience in a sterile environment
* Clinical experience with implantable neurological products and patient care
* Experience in servicing medical personnel on product use
* Experience with a medical device company or pharmaceutical company, and clinical experience in a specialty area: neurology, neurosurgery, orthopedic, operating room,pain management, or home health care
* Understands basic reimbursement and healthcare environment
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to work under pressure
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
* Required to function using healthcare universal precautions to minimize exposure to infectious disease and radiation
* Clinical Specialists serve as the primary resource for scheduled and unscheduled clinical events
* Clinical Specialists are periodically required to work weekends, evenings and nights and may be required to engage in overnight travel within own district or neighboring districts
* Ability to work efficiently and autonomously with little direction when outside of clinical events
* Required to attend national meetings, district meetings and other training as requested
* Ability to wear a 7-9 lbs protective lead apron for extended periods of time in the operating room
* Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
* Sitting, standing and/or walking for up to eight plus hours per day
* Frequent bending/stooping, squatting and balance
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in relation to travel and operating a personal computer.
Must have a valid driver's license and active vehicle insurance policy. In addition, your driving record will be reviewed and will be considered as part of your application.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
POST JOBS FOR FREE