Deflash And Wash Operator Job Description Sample
Press Operator/Finisher (2015443)
Operates a series of steam and/or converted hydraulic presses in various molding operations consisting of long or short production runs of products made of various rubber compounds or a combination of rubber, fabric and/or metal blanks.
Completes opening of press/mold by various manual means and closes partially by manual means and pushing control buttons.
Performs duties that include:
Sets up assigned press line for maximum efficiency and productivity.
Raises and lowers presses.
Proper barring of press platens.
Applies mold wash to cavities.
Inserts blanks in mold cavities by hand.
Loads board, pots or plates.
Covers molds and inserts into press.
Cures stock for prescribed length of time.
Removes finished molded pieces from mold cavities, tear trim and deposits in provided containers.
4.Uses care in loading molds to insure that metal or rubber blanks are properly positioned. Inspection responsibilities will become paramount throughout molding cycle.
5.Troubleshoots press as corrective action when defects occur with product.
6.Audits pre-molded blanks for defects and proper weights during initial start-up.
7.Informs Supervisor and/or Engineering of defective conditions concerning pre-molded blanks. Assists and suggests ways to correct defects.
8.Inspects finished molded pieces, this inspection will involve the use of some form of gauge(s).
9.Assures, then provides input to Supervision or Tech Aide as to the following:
Proper data codes are in place.
Durometer checks are O.K.
Status on stock availability and mold conditions.
- Provides input and data for histogram/bell chart development.
- Verifies mold wash correctness.
- Predetermines pressures, cure times and temperatures on product masters when presses are in operation. Employee will however, be alert to pressure changes, proper functioning of mechanical lubricating systems, temperature readings, bumps and pre-heat cycle so as to provide input and correct product masters if improprieties exist.
- Works with Supervision and Tech Aides to assure product master correctness, including trial runs, data gathering and verbal communication as to progress status.
- Miscellaneous functions such as tear trimming and stacking of parts will still be an essential duty of operators.
- Performs various finishing operations (manual or machine) on molded rubber items and other miscellaneous items in order to prepare them for shipment.
- Operates Nitrogen deflasher in the removal of flash from molded rubber products.
- Works closely with Engineering personnel in the development and establishment of standard operating data relative to new and/or experimental products.
- Prepares and maintains data cards for all molds.
- Sets controls for primary and secondary nitrogen blast cycles, media blast cycle, wheel speed controlling blast force of media, temperature control and overall cycle time.
- Dumps products into automatic loader and starts automatic cycle.
- Keeps check on AMP meter, speed indicator and cycle dials during run and upon completion of cycle, operates controls to remove product onto shaker unit and into tote pans.
- Moves all finished work to proper center and records production.
- Maintains equipment, cleans and lubricates machines, empties dust collectors and refuse containers, cleans screen trays and replenishes media as necessary.
- Miscellaneous functions such as tear trimming and stacking of parts will be an essential duty of the operator. May assist in Finishing operation as directed.
- Performs material handling as is necessary to complete work.
- Assures than non- conforming products do not enter the manufacturing sequence.
- Maintains all paperwork associated with the areas inventory, receipt and processing of product and related products.
- Prepares molder rubber products and related items for shipment by packing them in cartons and suitable container.
- Maintains customer order file and verifies the accuracy of all goods received for shipment
- Performs specific duties the include the checking of incoming products, transferring from tote pans to shipping containers, selection and forming of cartons, weigh counting products, visual inspection, sealing of cartons, and the marking of shipping and product data on carton.
- Color coding orders if required
- Marks all orders as to quantities shipped, makes out part shipment papers when necessary, and keeps a log of all orders shipped
- Performs all input necessary for the shipment of orders via computer
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!