Density Control Puncher Job Description Sample
- Runs daily quality control tests to ensure compliance with specification of various projects and with federal, state and local regulations.
- Develops and adheres to all quality control procedures for the Asphalt Field Operations.
- Coordinates quality control procedures on various projects with representatives of federal, state and local government agencies.
- Conducts various Field test using established scientific protocols.
- Coordinates with the Roller Operators and Field Managers to ensure a Quality Product that adheres to contract specifications.
- Receives and analyzes reports from DOT and Consulting companies to ensure that all testing is conforming to specifications and Project requirements
- Has the ability to Perform core testing and Nuclear Gauge testing in an efficient and timely manner so information can be relayed to Project team and onsite Field Managers.
- Preforms other job related duties as required or assigned.
- Asphalt Field Level 1 & 2 VDOT Certifications required
- Nuclear Radiation Safety Certificate required or the ability to complete and pass the required class within 1 week of employment (online).
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience; 3-5 years preferred.
- Knowledge of types of products and product components and the applicability of government regulation on product quality is necessary.
- Knowledge of lab scientific protocols is a must.
Technical: labor and equipment reporting, operations means and methods, preconstruction planning, quality control/assurance, safety policies and procedures, safe work procedures.
Business: relationship management.
Leadership/Management: accountability, change management, coaching/mentoring, corporate policies, decision making, leadership, people development, progress reporting, supervisory, training/teaching.
Personal Attributes/Skills: business ethics/integrity, conflict resolution, diversity, influence/persuasion, listening skills, negotiations, oral communications, problem solving, time management, written communications.
Requires the ability to stand, walk, reach, climb or balance. Occasionally requires the ability to sit, use hands/fingers, stoop, kneel and crouch. Frequently requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Requires the following specific types of vision: close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Exposure to the following environmental conditions: wet and/or humid (non-weather) conditions, moving mechanical parts, high/precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic/caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, risk of electrical shock, work with explosives and vibration. Subject to loud noise levels due to equipment operation.
Allan Myers is the largest heavy civil construction company and materials provider in the Mid-Atlantic with seven regional offices and 15 asphalt and aggregate plants. With a workforce of more than 2,000 hard working men and women, and our own extensive fleet of vehicles and equipment, there is no job that we can not tackle. The markets we serve include: design-build, site development, transportation, water and asphalt and aggregate production. With more than 75 years of history under our belt, we are constantly growing and pushing ourselves to take on new challenges that are bigger and bolder. We are a team of hard-working men and women as strong as the structures we build. With Myers on your helmet, you'll be part of an elite team, bonded by their determination, committed to building the face of tomorrow, today.
Allan Myers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce (Minority/Female/ Protected Veterans/Disabled).
The markets we serve include: design-build, site development, transportation, water and asphalt and aggregate production. With more than 75 years of history under our belt, we are constantly growing and pushing ourselves to take on new challenges that are bigger and bolder.
Allan Myers customers are private developers, general contractors, DOTs and utilities, local and state governments, and federal and military organizations. All our customers enjoy a construction contractor that embodies professionalism and demonstrates and unmatched, rock solid work ethic at every step of the process.
Allan Myers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce (Minority/Female/ Protected Veterans/Disabled).
Density Technician Location: Belleville, MI, US, 48111 Company:
Cadillac Asphalt LLC Job ID: 103166 Cadillac Asphalt, a vertically integrated Oldcastle Inc. joint venture company, energetically drives to continually be a leader in our markets in quality construction materials and value added services by employing innovative techniques and customer-centric practices. We believe that our employees are the reason for our success and we focus on their development and advancement opportunities as well as attracting new talent to our organization. We encourage you to learn more by visiting www.cadillacasphalt.com or our parent company at www.oldcastle.com.
Density Technician We are seeking qualified candidates for aDensity Technician.
This is a Full Time, Seasonal position This position involves various manual tasks associated with the preparation of jobs for the asphalt paving operation. • Taking core samples, • Testing in-place density on asphalt pavement, • Take hot mix samples from behind a paver • Able to work independently • Must be willing to work varying hours including nights and weekends. • Will perform other manual tasks as assigned per supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions. • Promote a safe work environment and follow safe work practices. • Ability to follow verbal and written instruction. • Ability to do basic math. • Demonstrate working knowledge of MDOT Percent within Limits Specifications • May require lifting and long periods of standing and walking Education/Experience: • Previous related experience in the construction field is a plus. Physical Demands and Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. What Oldcastle Offers You
A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
Highly competitive base pay
Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
Group retirement savings program
Health and wellness programs About Oldcastle Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family.
Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise. Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family! Follow Oldcastle Careers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, WordPress (Career Blog) and LinkedIn!
Cadillac Asphalt is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link. Cadillac Asphalt is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network. Nearest Major Market:DetroitJob Segment:Technician, Technology Apply now »
Bone Density Technician/Marketing/Educator
I am looking for a dynamic individual with at least 3 years experience with Hologic DXA equipment and a current DXA / Digital CXR certificate who wants to develop a bone density program with a brand new hologic scanner in Beverly Hills. The job involves marketing to local physicians, doing the scans and maintaining quality measures, delivering the scans to the referring physicians, and doing educational programs both for patients and physicians/staff on osteoporosis prevention, detection, and treatment. The scanner is in a modern private medical office with 7 internists.
The office is open 8:30 to 5 M-F and your hours would be 20 hours a week until the program grows. Also entails low volume CXR with digital processor.
Bone Density Technician
We are looking for a Bone Density Technician. Must be state certified.
Hours are every Tuesday 9:00 to 12:00.
High Density Architecture- Future Opportunities
High Density Architecture- Future Opportunities Houston, TX High Density Architecture- Future Opportunities Apply Now The Job was shared succesfully! Share Job Apply Now Share Job Job Description David Weekley Homes is accepting applications for future opportunities on our High Density Design Team at our Houston headquarters. Our High Density team specializes in designing and developing residential plans for our Central Living product line of single family homes in urban communities. Future Opportunities include:
Architectural Designer The High Density team is responsible for:
Creating original conceptual designs for single family homes and townhomes for various markets and price points in the Central Living product line
Interpreting architectural styles and massing
Drafting and developing/modeling floor plans, elevations, and streetscapes in AutoCAD and Revit based on conceptual drawings
Applying working knowledge of building codes to projects
Participating in neighborhood planning meetings to coordinate designs based on community targets and site constraints
Producing streetscape for local zoning and city submittals
Coordinating closely with Land Planning team, Division offices, Design department, civil engineers and surveys
Research new communities and surrounding developments to understand the market area and initial planning for a community
Assist in developing Land Plans factoring in density, dry utilities, amenity parks, roads, mews, etc
Train city design teams on high density address-specific plot plans
High density model park plans and changes along with other responsibilities as needed
Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Environmental Design, Urban Planning, Land Planning or Community Development
3 or more years of post-graduate work experience in residential design, especially in the areas of high density, urban and/or multi-family design
4 or more years of working knowledge of residential floor plans and construction
3 or more years experience designing original residential elevations and floor plans, particularly in multi-family and urban home design, required for conceptual design positions
Knowledge and experience with building codes related to high density residential construction
Understanding of community standards, city codes, setbacks and other regulations to apply to plan development
Proficiency in freehand design helpful
Meeting deadlines and collaborating across teams to resolve problems
- Skills, experience required along with responsibilities will vary based on specific positions. Applicants will be contacted when a position becomes available that appear to match your skills and experience to discuss particulars about the open position and assess job fit. David Weekley Homes builds in 22 markets coast to coast and is the largest privately-held builder in America. We've been recognized by Fortune Magazine as “One of the Top 100 Companies to Work For” multiple times. We offer a professional development and training along with an excellent benefits package that includes:
Health Insurance - Medical, Dental and Vision
401k and discretionary match
Vacation, Holidays & PTO
New Home Discount for Team Member & Family
Team Member Product Discount
QMS Roadway Density Asphalt Technician
Company Overview: Barnhill Contracting Company’s success is built on the values, principles and vision of the man – Robert E. Barnhill, Sr. – whose name we proudly bear. Robert Barnhill built this company on a foundational belief that there is power in people. He was a motivator. A hard worker. A leader of leaders. His passion for people and his firm belief in the Golden Rule – treating others as you want to be treated – still drive us today. We are firm, flexible and honest. We do the right thing, every single time. We empower our leaders in the field to be decision makers. We are easy to work with – a core philosophy that is both intentional and deliberate. One that requires discipline. Grit. All of these qualities, along with our founder’s vision, have helped grow Barnhill Contracting Company into one of the Southeast’s leading contractors. Our success is built from the dedicated service of each and every one of our employees. Construction is hard work – long hours and immense pressure to meet critical deadlines – and we are proud to employ the most talented group of people in the industry. When you join the Barnhill team, you become part of the Barnhill Family.
Perform asphalt density test and roller patterns test on plant produced mix in accordance with NCDOT specifications. Perform accurate testing duties and properly prepare, maintain and report accurate results in a timely manner. Minimum Qualifications & Training: + 1 year experience or more in an asphalt lab.
Ability to abide by and communicate precise instructions.
NCDOT CERTIFICATION REQUIRED.
Perform Nuclear/Conventional Density test on roadway asphalt material and must have approved Nuclear Training Certification.
Computer Skills such as - Microsoft Word and NCDOT GAP.
Valid Drivers License.
Maintain accurate records and reports.
Operate and maintain Density gauge equipment.
Must be a self-starter and motivated individual with good communication skills.
Must be a reliable/trustworthy team player.
Maintain a good attendance and safety record and the ability to lead others to do so.
Be willing to work long hours associated with this position. Tasks Essential to Job Functions:
Occasional standing and walking required.
Ability to lift 50 pounds or more.
Must maintain a good driving and safety record.
Must be able to complete all required paper work which may require the use of a computer and must have good math skills. What We Offer:
Choice of Health Insurance options (BCBSNC)
Short Term Disability Insurance
Paid Time Off + 401(k)
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Corporate Chaplains of America
Experienced Branch Manager – High Density Polyethylene Supplier
Experienced Branch Manager – High Density Polyethylene Supplier
ExperiencedBranch Manager – High Density Polyethylene Supplier Sandale Utility Products, a division of HajocaCorporation, is the premier provider of High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)pipeline products and services in Canada. We provide products to a variety of industries including industrial,municipal, energy, environmental, telecommunications, and natural gasdistribution. HDPE pipe is ourspecialty, however, Sandale also provide a variety of other products andservices related to polyethylene pipe and pipe fusion, and is a distributor for
Performance Pipe, WL Plastics, as well as McElroy Fusion Equipment.
The Opportunity Are you driven and self-motivated? Are you a sound leader focused not just ongrowing profits, but people as well? Have you ever dreamed of running your own business? If you answered “yes!” to these questions,then
you could be the manager ofSandale Utility Products Michigan location. Although we are a large company, we work in adecentralized environment where each of our locations is run by the branchmanager as if it was their own small business. You will have the freedom to run your branch as you see fit, making alldecisions in the areas of staffing and training, employee compensation,inventory management, pricing, and strategic growth. Do you have what it takes?
How to Apply Apply viahttps://hajoca.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=17000143&tz=GMT-04:00 Hajoca Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/AffirmativeAction Employer (EOE and Disability/Veteran). We are a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screening required. Employment contingent upon successful completion of a backgroundinvestigation, a DMV driving record check is also required. About Hajoca
Withover 350 locations throughout the United States, Hajoca Corporation is thenation’s largest privately held wholesale distributor of plumbing, heating andair-conditioning, industrial pipes-valves-fittings, pool and waterworkssupplies for residential, commercial, industrial and infrastructureconstruction.
Since1858, Hajoca has been blending the strengths and clout of a large company withfreedom and opportunity for employees. The company will continue to growand prosper because our fundamental business philosophy works: emphasis onentrepreneurial spirit, expert knowledge, strong incentives for our employees,and devotion to Hajoca's proven business principles of "Service,Integrity, Reliability."
Skills and Experience A Sandale branch manager must be self-driven,people oriented, a sound leader, and must conduct all business with the utmostof integrity. Our ideal candidate willhave a positive attitude coupled with the ability to inspire their team toshare, and help realize, their vision of success.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS # * 4 year college degree or equivalentindustry experience
Intermediateor better Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point) skills.
Employmenthistory demonstrating strong interpersonal communication skills and the abilityto build and maintain quality relationships with customers, employees, andvendors.
Theability to interpret financial data and respond to ensure continued growth andsuccess.
Aminimum of 3 years of wholesale distribution experience.
Anemployment history demonstrating strong leadership experience and progressivemanagement responsibilities. # PREFERRED EXPERIENCE # * 3 years’experience in the HDPE pipe & fittings industry.
Previousexperience with an inventory management system.
Knowledge/background in HDPE thermal pipe fusion and equipment.
Primary Location US-MI-Grand Ledge
Grand Ledge 10242 W Grand River Hwy Grand Ledge 48837
Oct 27, 2017, 10:14:38 AM
Req ID: 17000143
Skilled Trade - Pest Control Technician
Providing pest prevention and inspection services to residential and commercial clients. Manage existing accounts.
- Drive company vehicle to client sites to provide pest prevention services in a professional, safe, friendly and l manner. Build positive, strong relationships with clients.
- Use knowledge of pests’ biology and habits, along with pest management techniques such as applying chemicals, setting traps, operating equipment, and modifying structures to alleviate pest problems.
- Ensure safety of clients while performing duties.
- Responds promptly to inquiries from prospective customers. Maintains prospect and customer records in an organized and thorough manner.
- Seek out potential clients, build route density by finding new prospective clients and look for ways to add value to existing clients.
- Work to exceed client expectations. Make suggestions to client on how to avoid pest problems when appropriate.
- Respond to client complaints as quickly as possible after receiving notification.
- Respond cooperatively with request for help from fellow employees.
- Work flexible schedule as required to meet client expectations, including weekend.
- Work in safe manner by state requirements, OSHA, and Matar Pest Control policies and procedures and maintaining and utilizing required safer equipment when providing pest management services. Follow company guidelines when using tools, equipment, and materials.
- Maintain a clean company vehicle and operate vehicle safely and legally.
- Maintain proper inventory of tools, equipment, and materials in company vehicle.
- Communicate daily with service manager. Complete paperwork accurately and timely.
- Participate fully in training opportunities provided to enhance knowledge and to meet requirements for licensing.
- Represent MPC by wearing clean company uniform and appropriate footwear and maintaining personal hygiene.
- Ability to develop long-term customer relationships.
- Reliable, responsible and dependable in fulfilling obligations
- Demonstrates a positive attitude towards work
- Friendly, pleasant, courteous and professional when dealing with clients.
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends when necessary.
- Jobs require standing, walking, moving, climbing, carrying, bending, kneeling, crawling, reaching, handling, pushing, and pulling. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Be able to pass background check ,drugs
- Valid Driver’s license
Valid Commonwealth of Virginia Registered/Certified Pesticide Technician Certification
Production Control Specialist
Power Engineering and Manufacturing, Ltd. (PEM) was established in 1975 in Waterloo, IA and specializes in the custom design and manufacturing of HEAVY DUTY gear boxes. Our advanced engineering enables us to reach the greatest power density in the industry while increasing durability and efficiency. PEM designed gear boxes are operating throughout the U.S.A. and in more than forty-eight countries around the world.Essential FunctionsiRelease and distribute Job Travelers to ProductioniIssue material to JobsiMake PrintsiMake tags & schedule jobs for Heat TreatiAdd/Update BOMS, Routings and Routing TransfersiMake Internal Jobs for Production (Fixtures, Tooling, Repair/Main, TRC & Other)iWork with & monitor SchedulingiRun, review & evaluate various reports from the ERP SoftwareiWrite/Update Work InstructionsPosition RequirementsiWell organizedi
Proficient in Microsoft Office
Quality Control Technician
QC tech will be responsible for everyday aggregate and asphalt testing from multiple operations at the point of origin. Testing procedures for rock and asphalt (where applicable) include, but are not limited to; sieve analysis, liquid limit, plasticity index, specific gravity, absorption, density, compaction, moisture content, oil content, etc.
Job Duties and
QC tech will also be responsible for working with Aggregate Manager and job Superintendents to make sure material is being sampled at point of use correctly and on time. QC tech will be responsible for reporting all test results to Aggregate Manager and all other appropriate parties correct and in a timely manner.
QC tech will also be in charge of making sure all lab equipment is calibrated and serviced on time, as well as organization and cleanliness of the lab.
Any other duties as assigned.
1. Inspection and testing of asphalt gradation and aggregate gradation.
2. Respond to customer complaints and customer needs as directed.
3. Respond to internal customer complaints and as directed test material being placed and insure materials meet specifications as needed.
4. Address quality issues of materials with Aggregate Manager.
5. Perform daily testing of all production materials as directed.
6. Attending weekly meetings with Aggregate Manager.
7. Attend monthly production meetings.
8. Build progressive testing gradation charts and develop a file base.
9. Complete all required NDOT aggregate testing on all state projects.
10. Help develop mix designs and perform oil content and compaction testing as needed.
11. Generate new customer sales with new products and track benefits.
12. Work with the engineering group to help with large NDOT/City/County projects.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the materials testing industry
· Be familiar with the testing procedures listed below
· Be able to use Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, etc.
· NAQTC certification in Density Embankment and Base, Aggregate, and Asphalt is a plus
We specialize in general engineering construction projects which include excavation, underground utilities, site work, subdivisions, paving, pump stations, structural concrete, mining leach pads, gravel, sand and asphalt production.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!