Design Drafter Electromechanisms Job Description Sample
Product Design Drafter
Seeking a CAD Drafter with SolidWorks software experience to join our Product Design team! The Product Drafter is responsible for using CAD software to create, update and modify technical drawings of product designs in accordance with quality standards and customer specifications. The Product Drafter is responsible for making continual improvements to existing drawings to meet development standards. Job duties include: - Using SolidWorks to convert product designs or sketches into technical drawings which include specifying product's dimensions, necessary materials and construction procedures
Creating parts, models, assemblies and sub-assemblies under the direction of the Product Development team
Ensuring that the design concepts and details are accurately and clearly conveyed on drawings
Revising drawings as required by product changes
Adhering to company design and production policies and practices Required education, experience and skills:
Associate's Degree (or higher) in Mechanical Drafting or Design OR currently on an education track toward earning similar degree
Practical classroom or professional experience utilizing SolidWorks software
Strong attention to detail and ability to adapt to change as project and business needs demand
Strong problem solving and organization skills
Ability to prioritize tasks and work under strict deadlines Additional desirable qualifications:
Familiarity with AISC steel shapes (W-beams, channels, angles, plates) pipes and flanges
Familiarity with piping process flow (valves, flanges, unions, tee's and couplings)
Familiarity with plasma numerical control file creation (Mastercam, Hypertherm, etc.)
Experience in a manufacturing environment
Computer literacy with additional software programs including MS Office suite (notably Outlook and Excel)
Packaging Design Drafter (Artioscad)
Design, develop and qualify primary, secondary, and tertiary packaging solutions for new products.
Support validation & verification of packaging design, processes and equipment to support trials and new product commercialization.
Implement changes to commercial packaging systems as necessary to support corporate objectives. This typically includes identifying requirements, gaining multi-department buy-in, communicating with vendors, updating documentation, and processing through document control system.
Modeling of components of products and packaging from basic information.
Develop product usage instructions and assembly instructions.
Must have 2–3 years’ experience using ArtiosCAD or similar 3D Solid-Modeling programs preferred. This role will focus on packaging solutions and is not a product design position.
Knowledge in the structure of corrugated shipping containers and rigid boxes, with a solid background in the production process.
Advanced knowledge in CAD software, ArtiosCAD or other equivalent design software; and ability to build prototypes for cutting table such as a Kongsberg.
3 years’ experience dealing with packaging design and product packaging design preferred.
Associate’s degree or equivalent with relevant experience.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including; Outlook and Word.
Capable of successfully working on many projects concurrently while adhering to deadlines and schedules.
Proven strong organizational skills and pro-active work style.
Effective at presenting ideas, problems and solutions.
Must be able to clearly communicate.
Experience in packaging development in the consumer products space.
Ability to read and implement customer packaging protocols from large retailers.
Experience with consumer and industrial electrical products, a plus.
Our Premier Client has great opportunity for a Electronic Drafter, this is a great opportunity with an awesome client. This is a 6-12 month assignment with the possibility of extension, Apply Today! US Citizens or Perm Residents Only No Third Parties.
Under the general direction of the Supervisor of Drafting and the technical direction of either an Electronic Packaging Designer, or an Electronic Packaging Drafter, the incumbent assumes responsibility for the detail design of new electronic products and for modification of design of existing electronic products and test equipment.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
This position includes preparation of electronic drawings from rough layouts and verbal instructions. The incumbent must have a developing knowledge of electronic circuits and components, as well as fabrication methods, and must have skills for creating printed circuit art work from layouts. He/She must be capable of drawing straightforward interconnects and assemblies having electronic and mechanical components and detailing all related drawings. He/She may occasionally be responsible for liaison follow-up of electronic jobs in production.
The Electronic Drafter performs his duties with limited supervision and is free to act and make decisions within the framework of existing standards and procedures and good drafting practices. His/Her duties will be approximately 75% routine and 25% creative; in which case, the incumbent finds it necessary to apply his knowledge and experience to new and different situations.
Typically, the incumbent has an associate’s degree plus 4 years’ experience in directly related drafting work. Accuracy and neatness must be well developed.
1. The Electronic Drafter has prime accountability to prepare complex detail drawings of electronic products and test equipment.
2. Occasionally prepares layouts that are not complex.
3. Prepares complex art work and printed circuit board drawings working from layouts.
4. Modifies existing electronic drawings, art work and printed circuit drawings.
W2 ONLY. NO 1099/CORP-TO-CORP/THIRD-PARTIES. H-1Bs SHOULD BE WILLING TO WORK DIRECTLY WITH US.
Mechanical Design - Drafter Solidworks (Data Scale)
Data Scale is a manufacturer of automated liquid filling and material handling systems for over 40 years, providing expert advice and custom solutions for filling liquids into pails, drums and totes. Data Scale is currently looking for a Mechanical Drafter in the East Bay Area. This is a great opportunity for exposure to all aspect of design and manufacture of industrial equipment. This is a full or part time position. (www.datascale.com).
- Converting Auto CAD drawings to SolidWorks
- Execute subsystem design projects from sketches and rough concepts, modify existing designs, and work with suppliers to quote and fabricate parts
- Create and maintain bills of materials, assemble, install and perform subsystem testing, and manage rework
- Create part drawings, assembly drawings, and models of purchase parts in SolidWorks to Data Scale standards
- Assemble parts and validate performance
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Projects involve converting AutoCAD drawings to SolidWorks
- Synchronizing part numbers/model numbers to new scheme
- Making a list of part numbers that need to be changed
- Ensuring model/part numbers match database information
- Update database with new entries
- Proficient in SolidWorks (minimum 2 years) for creating detail and assembly drawings
- Must pass CAD & SolidWorks test during interview
- Experience with equipment design, specifications fabrication, installation, and validation. Ability to read and understand mechanical prints and specifications
- Knowledge of various sheet metal fabrication and welding procedures and practices a plus
- Excellent communication skills, be resourceful, and be able to work independently
- High degree of mechanical aptitude and hands-on ability, attention to detail
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background and drug screen
To apply for this position, send your resume to Terry Lowe – email@example.com
Telecommunications client seeking 11 entry level CAD Drafters to join their team!
Work location is in Greenwood Village and offers full time hours, Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm. The Entry Level CAD Drafter / Design Drafter will provide technical input and support for all aspects of the engineering design activities associated with production of engineering drawings.
This entry level position welcomes candidates with the following experience (please note, following experience is not required, but it is a plus:
- GIS, CAD, Drafting, Mechanical Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc. Telecommunications experience is a plus.
Responsibilities of the CAD Drafter
- Performs accurate mechanical or manual updates/additions of new data to client records via project specific software and applications on all simple and some medium complexity work content on a daily basis.
- Reads and understands project specifications, procedures and requirements as necessary.
- Becomes proficient in utilization of project specific CAD software and associated applications as quickly as possible.
- Gains proficiency in all project QA Tools and resolution of QA errors as required.
- Incorporates quality feedback into daily production processes to ensure high quality work output.
- Identifies problems on Source Material and informs appropriate project members of assistance in their resolution as required.
- Meets all project targets and quality expectations within 90 days of hire and ongoing after that.
- Interfaces with team leads as required ensuring consistency in project specifications, standards, procedures and techniques.
- Develops ongoing proficiency on assigned hardware/software; participates in applicable training programs to acquire knowledge of applicable specifications and procedures
Qualifications of Engineering Technician:
- Technical coursework beyond high school diploma. Example: Mechanical/Electrical Engineering degree or certificate
- Knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, GIS, Microstation, Solidworks, or Visio
Please note this is an ENTRY LEVEL position.
Compensation is $12.50 - 14.50/hour, with incentive bonuses.
$12.50 to $14.50 /hour
Computer Aided Design Drafter
Civil drafter for civil engineering plans. Job description includes incorporating data from topographical surveys, calculating for excavation, detail and design site, paving, utilities and drainage plans. Drafter needs to have minimal experience working with LandCAD.
Interior Design Autocad Drafter
CID, a 30+ year old national, multi-disciplined interior design & architecture firm in Naples, FL, has an immediate opening for an entry level AutoCAD drafter. We are a fast paced design firm that is growing with great opportunity for the right person. Our portfolio includes projects coast-to-coast in over 20 states and Canada focusing on: multi-family, hospitality, commercial and select residential.
If you desire to work in a dynamic culture with tremendous opportunities for professional development, please send your resume to CID HR.
- Pay is negotiable based on experience
- (2) Week Vacation
- Incentives program (eligible after 6 months)
Electrical Design Drafter I
Electrical Design Drafter I # Kent, WA
Job Snapshot # Location: Kent, WA # Category: Engineering Disciplines # Employee Type: Direct Hire # Duration: 0 weeks
Pay Rate: $20,000.00 - $23,000.00 /Year
Apply Now Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings? Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox. # Contact
10/31/2017 # Job ID: 77776 # Contact: Volt # Phone: 253/733-3060 # Fax:
Description # Electrical Design Drafter I Kent, WA
Direct Hire # SUMMARY Utilize extensive knowledge of industry standard cable assembly design and manufacturing practices to develop and maintain cable assembly drawings in accordance with customer specifications # ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Responsible for creating 2D drawings including cable assembly layouts, schematics, wiring diagrams, wire lists, and parts lists at the Direction of Electrical Design Engineer and/or management
Select appropriate components (interconnects and wire) based on customer interface, specifications and regulatory requirements
May be required to design cable assemblies from information from customer’s 3D CAD models
Fully understand company production capabilities and data requirements. Able to communicate professionally with customer personnel
Process change documentation and drawing updates when necessary to provide resolutions to customer design changes, drawing corrections and enhancements
Provide support to company Product, Component, and Process engineers for cable assembly designs in production
Full understanding of drafting standards and usage of GD&T Other duties as required in support of the department and the company # QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Proficient with AutoCAD, Catia(V4/V5), and SolidWorks
Some knowledge of commercial aerospace regulatory requirements and general design requirements for aircraft wiring
An understanding of components, processes, equipment, standards and terminology used in Aerospace cable assembly design
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Effectively communicate with all levels of personnel and customers
Prioritize and perform multiple tasks in a high pace and responsive environment
Excellent personal computing skills, particularly Microsoft Office
Able to read and interpret requirement documentation from a wide variety of customers
Able and willing to travel by air and auto throughout the USA # EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma (or equivalent)
Associate Degree in an Engineering discipline or equivalent, or three to five years of experience in a similar position
A minimum of 6 months in an aerospace cable assembly design environment # CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Must maintain industry certifications as applicable to position and value stream that is supported. Including but not limited to; IPC-WHMA-A-620, IPC-JSTD-001, IPC-610, IPC-600 and NASA 8739 # PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regular sitting, standing and walking throughout the day to accomplish tasks
Manual and finger dexterity used regularly with some repetitive finger motions, and required usage of both hands as needed
Lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds, occasionally up to 50 pounds
Specific vision abilities include close and distance vision; able to identify colors, small letters and numbers; hand/eye coordination, depth perception and able to adjust focus
Hearing and speaking
Other conditions may include frequent reaching, stretching, pushing, pulling, pinching, grasping, gripping, and crouching or stooping
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Clear ANSI Z87.1 safety rated glasses are required for the job when in the manufacturing areas # TRAVEL 10 - 25%
Please Note: This position is urgent and will be filled quickly. Must be legally authorized to work in the USA. Direct inquiries only (no 3 rd party submittals) at this time, please. Thank You. Volt is an equal opportunity employer.
Carrier Process Equipment Group (CPEG), a Louisville based company has an immediate requirement for a Design Drafter. In this role the candidate will complete drawings for processing equipment.
· Create equipment models using Autodesk Inventor.
· Create approval and fabrication drawing packages.
· Interface with Project Engineers and customers.
· (2) Year technical degree.
· 2 years experience with Autodesk Inventor.
· Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
· Good working knowledge algebra and trigonometry.
· Experience with capital equipment design such as conveying or processing equipment is a plus.
· Overtime required to complete important projects.
The selected candidates will receive benefits including:
· Competitive salary with yearly bonus potential.
· Company stock (ESOP).
· Paid vacation.
· 401K plan.
· Medical, dental, vision, life, short-term/long-term disability insurance.
CAD Drafter - Landscape Design
What we are looking for:
- Background or degree in CAD a must, experience in the landscape or construction industry a bonus.
- Coordinate with staff to produce initial base map layouts, construction documents, and specifications to be used as source documents for construction and installation.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and work to create a finished product that is at or beyond our client’s expectations.
What we require:
- Assist in development of initial site plans
- Obtain dimensions for both residential and commercial job sites
- Translating them into CAD base map
- Initial site photos
- Documenting locations of utilities and existing plant material
- Turn concept drawings into detailed construction documents
- Collaborate with design team to develop and understand components of each job
- Create detail drawings for subcontractors to fabricate completely custom items
- Work with design team to develop final construction document
- Create construction/ installation plans for crew out in field
- Collaborate with design team to create demolition plans based on initial sitemap
- Obtain quantity take-offs in CAD for bidding & ordering purposes
What we desire:
- CAD/Computer Aided Drafting Degree or Certification with 1-3 years of experience in landscape design or commercial construction.
- Detailed CAD knowledge
- Ability to measure with accuracy.
- Experience working in both 2D and 3D CAD systems
- Knowledge of construction document development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently
- Working knowledge of layer management and usage
- Experience drawing scales as they relate to texts, dimensions, lines
- Vacation Days and Holidays off
- Incentive Programs
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!