Design Engineer Agricultural Equipment Job Description Sample
Equipment Design Engineer
Equipment Design Engineer
New York, NY
The Senior Equipment Design Engineer must possess a clear sense of accountability and must be able to exercise independent judgment and render sound design recommendations that align with industry standards, the company's operational needs, and the project's business needs. The individual must be self-motivated, resourceful, and articulate. The individual must be experienced with electrical utility projects, specifically electrical equipment design for distribution across both underground and overhead electrical networks. The Senior Equipment Design Engineer should also be familiar with end-to-end SCADA equipment technologies, their applications within the electrical distribution networks, and the related environmental challenges associated with such equipment designs. The Engineer should also be familiar with Data Analytics and analyzing large amounts of data in Tableau and Oracle BI.
The individual must have expertise in procurement activities for new hardware including conducting exhaustive product research, drafting design specifications, proposing design evaluations, prototype testing, prototype improvements, and converting final design details into a company specification document. The Engineer shall be versed in vendor relations and management, property tracking, equipment disposition, and financial tracking. The individual must possess the ability to quickly create and maintain cooperative business relationships with internal and external stakeholders and vendors through strong leadership skills and excellent oral and written communication skills. Individual must be able to successfully drive results, well organized, detail oriented, able to handle multiple assignments concurrently, able to create new designs that help improve system performance and consequently bring forth process improvements, and able to meet deadlines.
- Manage the design of assigned projects by dynamically implementing engineering design disciplines including, but not limited to:
o Consult with project stakeholders to understand and document equipment use cases, performance requirements and environmental conditions that equipment must withstand
o Conduct site surveys to gather further use case information
o Define detailed equipment specifications while looking to enhance equipment performance and survivability
o Conduct exhaustive research to identify existing suitable equipment or parts that meet the defined hardware performance requirements
o Engage with vendors to understand capabilities of existing commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) hardware and their ability to manufacture custom hardware
o Thoroughly compare data sheets and product specifications to recommend the products that best meet the project's hardware requirements while keeping cost in mind
o Assist in creating vendor request for proposal (RFP) technical documentation
o Support client in their technical evaluation of vendor proposals for required hardware
o Contribute in creating testing standards and procedures for prototypes provided by vendors
o Assist client in testing prototypes and documenting results
o Propose design enhancements based on prototype testing
o Collaborate with client to draft final specifications based on defined requirements
o Support other team members with any design activities necessary
o Create hardware financial estimates
o Understand manufacturing lead times and communicate them to the project
o Constantly look to improve existing processes, cut cost, and improve delivery timelines
o Identify project risks related to hardware design and recommend mitigation strategies
o Create and manage relationships with vendors
- Assist client with analyzing data obtained from Pressure, Temperature and Oil sensors on distribution transformers to pre-emptively remove units prior to failure
Skills & Requirements
Minimum 10 years of combined design engineering experience
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related technical field
No less than 7 years of experience with hardware procurement and vendor management, including writing technical request for proposal (RFP)
Proven experience designing projects at an electrical utility
Highly adept at conducting hardware research
Very competent at translating business use case requirements into hardware designs
An independent thinking design engineer able to technically defend designs and aggressively meet project milestones
Experience working within a project team with matrixed resources
Familiarity with Data Analytics
Charismatic and highly adept at persuading others to contribute to the project design goals
Knowledge of electric utility infrastructure including distribution systems
Understanding of hardware associated with supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems
Advanced Auto-CAD or MS Visio skills
Advanced MS Excel skills
Strong skills and experience with MS Word and PowerPoint
Assertive with excellent verbal and written communication skills
Teamwork-focused/collaborative work style
Demonstrated ability to work successfully on highly profile projects and able to see tasks through to completion without significant guidance
Unconventional problem-solving skills evidenced by demonstrated results in past positions
Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple/detail-oriented tasks
Some sporadic local travel may be required to attend meetings at company locations within New York City and Westchester county
The following are not required for this position but would be considered as a valuable asset in a potential candidate:
Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related technical field
Significant experience designing hardware for an electrical utility
Experienced designing SCADA hardware devices
Advanced technical knowledge of electric utility infrastructure including distribution systems and SCADA systems
Experience in one or more of the following within the energy/utility sector: operations centers, electric, gas, steam, engineering, customer or construction operations
Agricultural Equipment Sales Representative
Agricultural Equipment Sales
Washington County Tractor is a growing equipment dealership group with nine stores throughout Texas. Currently we have an opening for an Agricultural Equipment Sales Representative to generate new leads and grow our current customer base. This individual should be motivated and self-directed with sales and customer service experience. This position is commission based and is located at the Dayton Texas store.
Present and sell company products to current and potential clients
Identify new leads and referrals and develop client relationships with them
Meet sales quotas and work to exceed sales quotas
Resolve customer concerns in a positive and efficient manner
Prepare paperwork for all rental contracts
Coordinate with WCT staff to see all rentals through to completion
Develop product knowledge of current and new inventory
Other duties, as assigned by Management
Previous equipment sales experience required
Experience selling Hay equipment a plus
Excellent communication and customer service skills required
Good time management and organizational skills, a plus
Basic computer skills preferred
Must be able to read, write, and speak English
Must be able to provide Motor Vehicle Record at time of job offer (current within 15 days)
Incentive Package includes:
401k Retirement Plan
Job Type: Full-time
Sales: 3 years
Equipment Sales or Rental: 3 years
Senior Electrical Designer – Facility & Equipment Design
Senior Electrical Designer – Facility & Equipment Design
Merrick & Company is looking for an experienced Senior Electrical Designer in Greenwood Village, CO (Denver Metro) near our GWV office. This office specializes in the design of prototype, one-off custom, or multi-manufactured equipment, specialty laboratory research equipment, vacuum systems, and custom-designed, remotely-operated mechanisms for handling radioactive and hazardous materials.
Senior Designer will be responsible for initiating and developing engineering drawings through completion for assigned projects in conformance with the requirements, applicable codes, and design criteria established by the project's electrical engineers. The Designers will work under the direction of the Electrical Design Supervisor to develop and maintain digital 3D databases and models, develop electrical engineering drawings and sketches of high complexity and coordinates work with other project team members.
A minimum of 8 years of progressive design experience in electrical systems.
Must have in depth experience in AutoCAD, SmartPlant 3D, SmartSketch.
Must have an advanced level of experience in cable tray, lighting, power & control and grounding systems
Must have experience in design development, drawing preparation, and understand checking processes.
Must have experience in using cable management systems and cable routing.
Must have understanding of lighting calculations.
Must have a basic understanding of engineering calculations and information required on design drawings.
Must have experience in performing electrical Material Take Off (MTO) activities
Must have experience in project change control.
Client projects for this position:
Require sole U.S. Citizenship
Prohibit Dual Citizenship
The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, scanners, and plotters.
May be required to travel to other office locations. May be required to travel to client facilities or fabrication and manufacturing facilities.
Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
Merrick & Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Test Equipment Quality Engineer II
Test Equipment Quality Engineer II Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
At Honeywell, our people are driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage. Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world's toughest technical challenges, with more than 130,000 employees worldwide, including more than 20,000 engineers and scientists.
Honeywell's Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy's Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security.
Summary of Duties:
Participates or leads teams to provide quality input for the development, manufacture, procurement, and acceptance of a variety of test equipment solutions
Provides technical assistance to test equipment teams prior to tester release.
Develops and monitors quality metrics, levels, and trends with respect to test equipment.
Analyzes and makes recommendations regarding tester validation discrepancies.
Evaluates opportunities for defect prevention and implements specific and preventative corrective actions with respect to test equipment.
Develops test procedures and performs evaluation tests, capability studies, quality audits, data reviews, and other engineering evaluations utilizing Six Sigma methodology.
Interacts with customers, designers, and others to assist in resolving design, development,and qualification issues
Provides technical consultation to management and others, and leads technical project teams.
Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established ES&H requirements to ensure the protection of associates, the public, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to stop work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every associate has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
Some travel (5 - 10%) is required.
Key Responsibilities Collaborate with engineering teams Exchange task level information Prepare or update reports and documentation Execute project tasks Identify areas for technical improvement
You Must Have:
U.S. citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Dept of Energy Q-level security clearance.
Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineer or related engineering discipline from an ABET accredited institution/program is required.
At least two years of quality engineering or manufacturing engineering experience with test equipment or test equipment related processes.
DOE Q-Clearance desirable
Two or more years of experience as a Test Equipment, Manufacturing or Quality Engineer is a plus
Ability to analyze engineering drawings and specifications to develop effective evaluation processes.
Experience using statistical tools and data analysis to make decisions is a plus
Ability to lead quality projects.
Familiarity with Six Sigma tools and methodology; Six Sigma certification preferred.
Effective verbal, written, and presentation skills.
Ability to work effectively in a team environment and to influence others to accomplish complex tasks and solve complex technical problems.
Ability and willingness to drive change and challenge / improve existing processes.
Demonstrated project management/leadership skills; ability to evaluate situations, determine corrective measures, plan and lead other employees to execute plans to meet customer deliverables.
JOB ID: req188116
Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell FM&T Overview
Wastewater Systems And Skid Design Engineer
The position is responsible for the development, implementation, oversight and support for the workflow on Industrial and Municipal projects for wastewater treatment systems. Most systems are Skid Mounted and include all process piping, pumps, tankage, electrical and instrumentation. Previous experience with Skid Mounted Systems is required. Project Management and Customer Service experience is preferred. This position works closely with the Industrial Sales Manager and Consulting Engineers, Representatives, Contractors and End Users. The successful candidate shall have a verifiable record of delivering multiple projects on time and budget in a multi-tasking environment. The position will follow a project from pre-purchase order design, through manufacturing and commissioning.
This position's career path has the potential to grow into a position leading an engineering team in the design of some of the most innovative treatment systems for a wide range of industries from textiles to oil and gas.
- Design and detail wastewater treatment equipment using the information supplied by senior engineers, sales team and customer specifications.
- Prepare Fabrication Drawings for piping skids and skid mounted equipment as well as mechanical equipment.
- Assist in developing improvements in modular process skid design to improve functionality, flexibility and quality.
- Generate BOM and interface with purchasing in the procurement of designed components.
- Prepare Process Flow Diagrams (PFD), General Arrangements (GA), and preliminary Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) for incorporating in proposals and bids.
- Assist with processes, tools, and systems for project estimating that are accurate and efficient.
- Communicates clearly, professionally and effectively internally with team members and externally with clients.
- Consistently applies all company procedures and design methodologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university.
- 7+ years experience in developing 3D models, creating manufacturing drawings and generating BOM in skid mounted piping systems.
- Electrical Systems design is a plus.
- In depth knowledge of SolidWorks, AutoCAD or similar 3D and 2D design tools.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
What do our jobs offer?
Headworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our job openings provide opportunities to be part of a team that works directly in providing award-winning, innovative technologies to clean one of the world's most precious resources - water; competitive compensation; exposure to Best-in-Class technologies; on-going career development; one of the most diverse business environments in the United States as acknowledged by DiversityBusiness.Com; and one of Houston's Top Places to Work as awarded by the Houston Business Journal.
Mechanical Design Engineer II Process Systems - 1060
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
This opportunity is being offered by National Aerospace Solutions, the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, Tennessee. AEDC operates more than 55 aerodynamic and propulsion wind tunnels, rocket and turbine engine test cells, space environmental chambers, arc heaters, ballistic ranges and other specialized units located in six states. Many of the complex's test units have capabilities unmatched elsewhere in the United States; some are unique in the world. AEDC is one of three installations which are part of the Air Force Test Center (AFTC), one of six subordinate commands of the Air Force Materiel Command organization and an important national resource.
AEDC’s mission is to conduct developmental test and evaluation for the Nation through modeling, simulation, ground and flight test. Execution of the mission requires a large team of highly qualified and dedicated professionals from multiple technical disciplines to effectively accomplish the objectives of our test customers.
NAS currently has an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Engineer to join our Design Engineering team in Tullahoma, TN.
Mechanical Design Engineers design, evaluate, analyze, and assist in the fabrication and installation of hardware across the complex, including process piping systems, drive systems, mechanisms, and test hardware. Mechanical design engineers work closely with test and system engineers in development of design requirements and ensuring proposed designs meet those requirements. Close coordination with manufacturing is required to ensure economic designs.
Some specific tasks associated with this type of work include (this is not an exhaustive list):
- Develop concepts for new piping systems and provide flow, flexibility, thermal, structural, or any other required analysis to support the proposed design. Evaluate the analysis results for suitability relative to applicable codes and standards.
- Provide engineering support to the appropriate craft workforce to facilitate maintenance and repair of existing systems. Evaluate existing hardware for safety, security and potential for improvement.
- Serve as the design point of contact or lead designer on larger, more complex projects. Work with the project managers and project engineers to ensure that design input into cost, schedule, and other project-level decisions is accurate and complete.
- Provide guidance to and check the work of less experienced engineers.
- Work with the design team (drafters, checkers, etc.) to produce complete design packages, including detailed drawings, analysis reports, and equipment specifications, and be capable of communicating the details of these design packages to the remaining project team (system engineers, test engineers, project managers, craft supervisors, etc.)
- Provide engineering guidance to support the procurement of pumps, valves, heat exchangers, pressure vessels, or other hardware necessary for the fabrication and installation of the proposed design.
- Coordinate with the appropriate system engineer, craft supervisor, and/or work planner to ensure that hardware is fabricated and installed in accordance with the approved design package.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- B.S. degree in chemical or mechanical engineering from an accredited college or university plus 5 - 10 years of experience in the design and analysis of process systems.
- Technical knowledge of engineering systems, engineering calculations, applications of engineering methods and construction methods and materials, and application of computer aided engineering (CAE)/computer aided design (CAD) tools to engineering problems.
- Experience with the design of complete piping systems including pumps, valves, heat exchangers, pressure vessels, and other related equipment.
- Experience performing flow and flexibility analysis of complete piping systems.
- Experience developing equipment specifications.
- Experience reading, interpreting, and creating detailed fabrication and installation drawings.
- Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Basic skill in oral and written communication.
- Experience with interactions with fabrication and machine shops.
- Familiarity with turbine and rocket test cells, wind tunnels, space chambers, and/or arc heater facilities; or other industry product test facilities is desirable.
- Familiarity with Caesar II software package.
- Familiarity with Applied Flow Technology (AFT) Arrow, Fathom and Impulse software packages.
- Familiarity with Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD software packages.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.
Hardware Design Engineer III W/ 8 Years Experience
- TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUSTHAVE AN ACTIVE TS/SCI W/ FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH SECURITY CLEARANCE (U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED)
• Experience with systems requirements gathering, definition, and documentation capture for physical hardware and for customer provided software
• Ability to interpret customer intent and translate into written physical hardware requirements
• Ability to apply knowledge of system lifecycle (i.e., physical hardware, network growth, hardware reusability, and ease of deployment) to system designs
• Ability to interpret and create logic diagrams and Bill of Materials (BOMs)
• Ability to perform power analysis, hardware interface compatibility analysis
• Attention to detail and excellent communication skills and the ability to work with OEM vendors to define hardware configurations and review/evaluate quotes
• Understanding of computing architecture concepts to include but not limited to the following:
o x86 compatble Processor's
o x86 compatible Memory Architecture
o RAM memory types (DDR3, DDR4, R-DIMMs, LR-DIMMS)
o Storage (HDD, SSD, NVMe)
o Networking (1GE, 10GE, 40GE, 25GE, 100GE)
o Hardware Interface Protocols (e.g., RS232, Ethernet)
• Experience conducting equipment evaluations
• Experience as an administrator of LINUX
• Experience with scripting languages (PERL, JAVA, PYTHON, or others)
• Understanding of electrical concepts, electrical interfaces, and signal communications
• Exposure to Linux, cloud computing, SIGINT, distributed applications, networking technology.
|REQUIRED: Minimum eight (8) years experience analyzing complex hardware systems for SIGINT solutions.|
|REQUIRED: Proficient analog design skills, such as power supply design, audio circuitry design, and experience with vehicle bus interfaces.|
|REQUIRED: Proficient digital design skills, such as processor/memory interfaces, logic design and timing analysis.|
|REQUIRED: Proficient in high-level logic design using very high speed integration circuits (VHISC) hardware description language (VHDL).|
|REQUIRED: Proficient in hardware debugging techniques.|
|REQUIRED: Proficient in the use of test equipment, such as: Digital Sampling Oscilloscopes, High-speed Logic Analyzers, Network Analyzers, and Spectrum Analyzers.|
|REQUIRED: Proficient with schematic entry; experience working with board layout and assembly vendors to get printed circuit boards built.|
|REQUIRED: Proficient in working with software developers to debug hardware/software integration issues.|
|REQUIRED: Experience providing hardware project development support, which includes the generation of new ideas, specifications, analysis of systems, interfacing with communication/network subsystems and generation of related documentation.|
|REQUIRED: Experience providing hardware engineering expertise to the program in a leadership role to analyze complex hardware systems, hardware design, architecture, network design, and other technical hardware issues.|
Senior Design Quality Engineer
- Support Engineering team by providing input on customer needs, product requirements, design reviews, etc.
- Lead and facilitate design verification & validation activities; author and/or execute design verification protocols and reports.
- Generate Quality plans engineering to develop quality inspection plans for components and sub-assemblies.
- Lead and facilitate pre and post-market failure investigation and risk management activities.
- Lead test method/equipment development and validation activities.
- Maintain product technical files and Device History Files.
- Identify process improvements related to design and development activities.
- Support the quality management system, as required.
- Perform other TransMedics task and duties as required
- BS in Engineering with at least 8 years of experience in Quality Engineering in the medical device industry (min. of 4 years in Design & Development). MS preferred.
- Experience supporting the development of Class II or III disposable medical including capital equipment and embedded software systems.
- Working knowledge and practical application of Design Controls and experience with 21 CFR Part 820, ISO 13485, ISO 14971, IEC 62366, IEC 62304, IEC 60601-1 and MDD.
- Experience writing and/or executing verification and validation protocols.
- Practical knowledge and experience with statistical methods, including sample size justification using Minitab or other statistical software.
- Process validation experience including IQ/OQ/PQ.
- Ability to communicate ideas and information clearly, effectively and concisely.
- Highly detail oriented with strong organization and prioritization skills.
- Must possess a high level of energy with the ability to handle multiple projects and changing priorities.
- Must be results-driven and exhibit a sense of urgency.
- Six sigma training/certification or CQE is a plus.
- Some travel may be required (approximately 5 - 10%).
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company Holidays
Senior Principal Mechanical Design Engineer
Job Description: and Qualifications
This is a Senior Principal Mechanical Design Engineer position currently based at the Air Products 2 City Center Offices in downtown Allentown, PA. The team will relocate to Allentown HQ in late Summer 2019. This position contributes to the LNG Mechanical Design Engineering (MDE) team.
Job responsibilities focus on providing engineering and technical support for the LNG Product Line equipment manufactured in Port Manatee. This equipment includes unique LNG Coil Wound Heat exchanger technology and modularized heat exchanger equipment including cold boxes. As a member of the MDE team, your duties will include heat exchanger design work, bid support, continuous improvement, product development, manufacturing support, customer liaison, and field work.
The LNG Mechanical Design Engineering team (MDE) is part of the GEMTE LNG Product Line. This includes our Business Area, Process Engineering Technology, PDE and Project Engineering.
MDE is responsible for the Mechanical, Civil and Structural engineering and design for LNG equipment. This includes: Coil Wound and BAHX heat exchangers, Pressure Vessels, Piping, and Structures. We provide support and liaison to the manufacturing facilities and customer/EPC liaison for LNG Heat Exchanger Projects Worldwide.
The job will require occasional domestic and international travel. The position requires periodic visits to the Corporate headquarters in Allentown, our Port Manatee, FL. Manufacturing Facility, and occasional international travel.
This Mechanical Engineering position will support design, manufacturing and service activities associated with the LNG Product Line, including existing LNG plants located throughout the world. This position interacts closely and will require cooperation with many internal and external teams including Global Engineering.
The LNG Product Line includes World Class Coil Wound Heat Exchanger technology and exciting New Product development initiatives including fully modularized LNG plants and Cold Box Technology. All members of the LNG MDE team will be engaged in the Product Development, Implementation and Support work process. The incumbent will develop competency in all aspects of static cryogenic equipment design (including Heat Exchanger, Pressure Vessel, Piping, Structural, and Civil design). Typical responsibilities include:
Participation all aspects of MDE's involvement in major Sale of Equipment projects from bid to commissioning – including bid preparation, technical content of contractual agreement, engineering design etc.
Design project leadership including scheduling and oversight of all engineering and design work, management of project MDE budget
Provide high level engineering analysis using state of the art tools e.g. FEA.
Code and structural pressure vessel calculations including the use of National, International and customer standards and design specifications (ASME VIII, B31.3 etc.).
Designing structural framework and components of pressure vessels and piping systems.
Working closely with our design team to support development of 3D models, manufacturing drawings and bills of materials.
Provide high quality and timely support to the manufacturing facility in Port Manatee, FL. Providing safety leadership for design and manufacturing. Support may include occasional travel to the plant for meetings and design reviews.
Provide shop liaison for any design related issues, complaints or variations. Drive issues to closure quickly with appropriate investigative rigor. Identify drawing or engineering improvements and facilitate incorporation into MDE deliverables.
Participation in CI activities including improvement project leadership and reporting.
Interfacing with internal teams: project, process, manufacturing, purchasing, construction, start-up, etc.
Developing and continuously improving procedures for all aspects of the equipment life cycle (i.e. design, manufacturing, testing, shipping, erection, construction, operation, and maintenance).
Participation in field service activities at our LNG customer sites. Provide home support of construction and commissioning activities.
Participating in International Trade shows and Professional Society events.
Work with the LNG Mechanical Technology Manager to develop Technical Risk Statements and ensure the TRMP process is followed and design and manufacturing risks are addressed.
Work with the LNG MDE Bid Manager to ensure sufficient pre-engineering is completed to provide competitive bids of required accuracy.
Participate as the MDE representative for customer visits and business functions.
Candidate should have a bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline plus 5+years' experience.
Knowledge of pressure vessel design, piping and welded assemblies.
Familiarity with Aluminum and Austenitic stainless steel, heat exchanger technology and cryogenics are an advantage.
Knowledge of analytical calculation methodologies and tools such as: ANSYS, Dynamic Analysis, Structural Analysis Tools STAAD, Solidworks, SmartPlant 3D etc. are an advantage.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
To learn more, visit About Air Products
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
North America - Exempt
Support Equipment Principal Engineer Hill AFB Utah
The Field Service Representative (FSR) Level 3 is responsible for providing technical advice and guidance on Support Equipment (SE) to the Joint Services squadron technicians, military personnel and SE mechanics. Advise on installation, adaptation, configuration or enhancement of company technical products, programs and systems. Provide expertise for resolving technical problems, troubleshoot product to customer requirements. Provide training to customers, suppliers and company representatives. Work will be conducted on site at Hill AFB Utah, government bases, and company sites. Candidate will be the local NGAS on-site representative to the customer's organization.
Candidate will review engineering data to determine correct equipment configuration and to identify or help define design deficiencies that limit equipment utility in the customer's environment. Must be knowledgeable of industrial and aircraft maintenance safety standards. Candidate will coordinate with item managers, engineers, customers and suppliers to resolve equipment issues involving safety, usability, reliability and availability. Candidate will be required to work in a hazardous flight line environment. Proficient using MS Office software including; Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word & Outlook.
The FSR is expected to maintain a level of deployable readiness commensurate with the same levels that the active duty military customer has, such as but not limited to; firearms certification, vaccinations, and the capability to participate in local chemical / biological exercises on site. The FSR may potentially be required to deploy into an active combat theater with the customer.
Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math field (STEM)
5 years related engineering experience with aircraft maintenance and support equipment
Must have a current Department of Defense Secret level clearance with an investigation within the last 6 years.
Experience in the design of mechanical or electrical military aircraft subsystems
Experience training others in the use of military aircraft ground support equipment
Military flight-line and support equipment maintenance experience
Familiarity with DoD maintenance manuals and military standard maintenance practices
Logistics data management
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!