Designer And Patternmaker Job Description Sample
Tooling Designer - Patternmaker
Primary job function is to create 3D CAD models and model assemblies from blueprints; and modify customer-supplied CAD models as needed (adding draft and finish stock), in order to design foundry tooling. (Pattern plates, coreboxes and permanent molds). Once design is finished, models are then forwarded to CNC toolpath programmers, who will use those models to machine foundry tooling. Primary modeling systems used is Solidworks 2018 and MasterCAM X9 and 2018.Applicants with previous CAD experience in casting-modeling, foundry tooling modeling or injection molding modeling, are preferred - but not necessary, as we would be willing to train the right applicant that has an extensive Solidworks, MasterCAM or ProE background.CAD modeling involves creating parting lines, creating cores, and loose pieces or pullbacks as needed.Work is performed in a smoke-free, modern air-conditioned facility that was built in 2012.Samples of our work, and the working environment can be seen by visiting our website. www.midfieldpattern.com Pay is commensurate with ability (it is not limited to $24/hr for an experienced CAD/CAM patternmaker).
CAD Designer Patterns AND Molds PTC Creo Solidworks Patternmaker
Cad Designer Patterns and Molds
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand engineering and manufacturing concepts as it relates to completing engineering related work with minimal mistakes.
- Follow technical instruction that will include:
- Creating, reading and interpreting basic, and moderate engineering drawings and conceptual drawings
- Creating, and/or modifying cad files for basic process models for sand cast tooling.
- Creating and/or modifying cad files for basic flat parted sand cast pattern tooling.
- Ability to create solid parts in a 3d cad system.
- Ability to create new parts for application type designs.
- Ability to create, modify, and maintain engineering drawings in a cad system.
- Ability to read, modify, and create bill of materials for projects and products.
- Ability to check drawings for familiar designs.
- Moderate mechanical aptitude as it relates to light assembly.
- Ability to manage documentation for machining and engineering processes
- Moderate mechanical aptitude and ability.
- No college or trade-school is required.
- Proficient in Solid Modeling of simple to complex parts
- Proficient with creation and management of Engineering Drawings
- Proficient with MS Office products as needed for supporting documentation
- Working knowledge of 3 axis CNC production methods.
- Be to work on time at the agreed to schedule.
- Follow instruction of other Team Members, Management, and Engineering Management.
- Perform CAD related tasks as directed by the Engineering Manager.
- Follow documented procedures and guidelines.
- Work directly with the Engineering Manager, Management, and production to support designs from concept to completion.
- Create CAD data, prints, and production documents to ensure accurate creation of parts to customer and internal specifications.
- Manage ECN/ECR's
- Contribute to our improvement initiatives to drive down costs, increase efficiency, improve quality, and increase productivity.
- Create and / or modify sand cast tooling process models.
- Create and / or modify sand cast tooling cad models.
- Create new cad models for application type designs.
- Manage the drawings, production documentation, operations model completion, and work holder design of a new production part from design freeze to production launch.
- Work in a moderately noisy environment that includes loud machining operations, air grinders, and other background noise.
- Work on a computer workstation using a mouse for up to 8 hours/day.
- Light assembly
- Eye sight good enough to read print on engineering drawings, numbers on measuring equipment, and see fine detail on tooling and parts.
Handwovens Patternmaker (Temp)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Work with Designer to create patterns from original sketches given by Designer
Drape garment based on sketch and concept given by Designer
Take fitting notes and translate into pattern changes
Supervise Samplemakers’ workflow and act as a main point person for all inquiries of information
Assist Samplemakers in ensuring garments meet standards and vision of Designer
Identify and troubleshoot challenges presented by Design Team and Samplemakers
Draft computer patterns on Gerber PDS
Create accurate and detailed sewing instructions, estimate models and estimate markers in WebPDM/FlexPLM that adhere to department guidelines
Follow and adhere to all deadlines and deliverables as set forth on the Design Calendar
Encourage team atmosphere across the Departments
Promote adherence to the Corporate Specifications Protocol, BCBGMAXAZRIAGROUP Code of Conduct, and Purpose, Values, Behaviors
Holds self and others accountable for work commitments and outcomes QUALIFICATIONS
Skilled Hardwovens Patternmaker with 5+ years of experience
Computer patternmaking experience (Gerber PDS)
Excellent draping ability
Possess an extensive understanding of garment construction
Knowledge of PDM/FlexPLM a plus
Working knowledge in the better/contemporary markets with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
Strong communication skills EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum of Associate or certificate Degree in the Apparel Patternmaking field.
Proficient in Gerber Accumark, Microsoft Office, WebPDM
Resonance is transforming the fashion industry by enabling talented fashion designers to build businesses that are as beautiful as their creative visions.
We are seeking a Patternmaker to assist with designer and contemporary Brands. Looking for a team member who loves working on Gerber AccuMark. Must care about accuracy and enjoy training. We are on 10.3 and are maximizing and testing all aspects of the software. Will provide on-the-job training for experienced patternmakers on AccuMark V8 to update to V10 functionality. All processes are completed in-house. Responsibilities include specing, attending fittings, and production patternmaking to support one of the most advanced print-on-demand cut and sew manufacturing cycles in the world.
3 Years min Accumark experience.
Salary DOE. Excellent benefits.
Senior Patternmaker, 205W39nyc Atelier - Calvin Klein
If you are a current PVH Associate, please click this link to apply through your Workday account. at https://www.myworkday.com/pvh
Design Your Future at PVH Senior Patternmaker, 205W39NYC Atelier - CALVIN KLEIN The Senior Patternmaker is responsible for creating patterns for Men’s & Women’s 205W39NYC from design specifications. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
Collaborate with the design team and assist in the development of themes: discussions of concepts and ideas
Study artistic design research: photos, magazines, library, articles, fabric, vintage clothing, accessories
Brainstorm design sketches and creative cutting
Work with the design to keep the collection theme
Detailed attention to sketches, fittings, modifications, patterns and garment assembly
Intensive liaison with machinists for garment construction
Liaise between design team, sample room and Italian PD & Industrialization teams
Collaborate with design team to bring designs to life through draping and sketches
Supervise sample progress and fittings through development of original and production samples
Create patterns by hand and also using computerized systems
Respond to pattern needs for special events, celebrities, and other special requests
Responsible for leading and training a team of tailors
Deliver projects and meet deadlines on short notice
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Experience: 10+ years previous experience as a Sr. Designer Pattern maker
Highly developed standards of excellence with garment fit and execution
Ability to work with luxury and innovative fabrics and leathers
A highly motivated individual who will possess the motivation to be part of the creative process, and the enthusiasm to develop new and innovative solutions to garment construction in tandem with design concepts
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Proven ability to interact with senior management
Creativity, Flexibility, adaptability, initiative
Ability to work long hours when needed It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. http://www.pvh.com at http://www.pvh.com/ Continue exploring our current job opportunities and take the next step towards designing your future. at https://pvh.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PVH_Careers/jobs With a history going back over 135 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We are over 35,000 associates operating in over 40 countries and $8.2 billion in 2016 annual revenues. We own and market the iconic CALVIN KLEIN, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, Arrow, Speedo*, Warner's, and Olga brands and, in addition, market a variety of goods under our own and licensed brands. *The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International, Ltd.
DESIGNER - Men's Brands & Special Projects * ASSISTANT DESIGNER - Women's Tops * SR.DESIGNER ... patternmaker, patternmaking, pattern maker, pattern making, 1st through production, product ...
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!