Designer And Patternmaker Job Description Sample
Resonance is transforming the fashion industry by enabling talented fashion designers to build businesses that are as beautiful as their creative visions.
We are seeking a Patternmaker to assist with designer and contemporary Brands. Looking for a team member who loves working on Gerber AccuMark. Must care about accuracy and enjoy training. We are on 10.3 and are maximizing and testing all aspects of the software. Will provide on-the-job training for experienced patternmakers on AccuMark V8 to update to V10 functionality. All processes are completed in-house. Responsibilities include specing, attending fittings, and production patternmaking to support one of the most advanced print-on-demand cut and sew manufacturing cycles in the world.
3 Years min Accumark experience.
Salary DOE. Excellent benefits.
Title of Job: Design Assistant
Fashion Design Room looking for an Assistant/Coordinator!
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Assist designer with daily operations, including ordering fabrics/trims
Create seasonal line sheets and crop/edit photos
Work with technical designer and patternmaker to transfer all sample information for production process
Constant follow up with vendors and buyers
Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented
Comfortable working in a very fast-paced environment
2+ years fashion retail or apparel production background
Knowledge of Adobe and Microsoft a huge plus
ALIX is seeking an Assistant Designer in New York City to work alongside the Creative Director/Founder and assist in the development and timely execution of each collection.
The ideal candidate is able to develop product that is on the forefront of trends and market demands to drive business. Must have at
least 2-3 years of experience working with domestic and overseas garment manufacturers within the contemporary / womenswear market.
- Manage design/development process from initial inspiration through market opening, ensuring seasonal collections are executed on calendar and on budget, while maintaining the mandatory level of quality and efficiency throughout every step of the process
- Present relevant trends, inspiration, color trends, and innovative original design concepts that reflect the ALIX brand integrity and aesthetic
- Delegate tasks and follow up with patternmaker and factories throughout development phase, ensuring workload is being handled in timely fashion and finding solutions as needed
- Schedule and oversee development fittings, making sure all comments are properly documented and passed off in a timely manner; ensure accurate garment construction and fit
- Send out and follow up on all approvals (lab dips, screen prints, strike offs, etc)
- Submit purchase orders factories, fabric, trim, and embroideries to local and international suppliers and monitor all packages (headers, sample fabric, trim, print strike offs, color lab dips, development trials, etc.) and ensure delivery to relative destination
- Maintain a system for tracking inventory all sample fabric, trims, hardware, costing each season in an organized manner
- Organize all fabric headers & trim for archiving and seasonal pass off to production
- Record and manage all design related expenses for budgeting purposes
- Prepare all sample cut tickets/spec packages for factories; technical spec, construction details, illustration, materials, trims, and hardware
- Track and organize sample line, ensure all samples are made on time and to correct specifications
- Source and maintain strong relationships with all vendors - factories, mills, trim manufacturers, etc.
- Work with Sales & Production on seasonal linesheets, certifying all data is accurate and complete in time for selling
- Analyze seasonal performance of the collection to plan for future product assortment to increase profitability
- Partner with PR/Marketing on creating samples, design projects/collaborations as needed
- Manage daily workload of design interns
- 2-3 years experience in Design or Product Development role in a women’s contemporary/RTW brand
- Experience interacting (daily) with domestic and overseas mills and vendors (fabric & trim)
- Intermediate to Advanced - Photoshop, Illustrator, Excel
- Strong portfolio of Technical Drawing and Hand Sketching
- Product presentation and visual merchandising skills
- Self-starter with ability to plan, collaborate and execute all tasks efficiently
- Positive, proactive, problem solver with an exceptional ability to think quickly and adapt
- Negotiating and follow-up skills
- Great attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Experience with swimwear, intimates a plus
- Working knowledge of fabric & trim development, embroideries, and full-fashion knitwear a plus
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!