Desizing Machine Operator Head End Job Description Sample
Front End Manager And Head Cashier
The Front End Manager and Head Cashier manages all checkout functions by processing sales transactions and refunds, monitoring cash drawer amounts, and maintaining checkout area. Also oversees coverage of registers and store supply usage, performs opening procedures, and provides excellent customer service by assisting customers and addressing issues. The Head Cashier will also perform some administrative assistant functions for the owner of the business.
- Ensures that each customer receives outstanding customer service by providing a customer friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge, and all other components of customer service.
- Oversees and authorizes customer returns, credits, check authorization, charge sends, assures the completion of all POS transactions, and the proper control of all cash and media at the POS registers according to policies and procedures.
- Assists in training of new cashiers and cross-training of other associates.
- Assists in the preparation of daily deposits, change and media.
- Responsible for the implementation of the True Value Rewards program. This will include implementation of promotions, training of staff and success of the program.
Responsible for filing all coop refunds.
Requires morning, afternoon, and evening availability any day of the week. Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
Candidate must be extremely proficient at computer use including Microsoft and Internet.
Associate's Degree in Business, Retail Management, Specialty related to department (e.g., design, appliances), or related field.
2 year retail experience.
1 year experience as a front end manager or head cashier.
1 year supervisory experience in any field, including directing, delegating, evaluating, training, and coaching employees.
6 months retail experience detecting common signs of shoplifting (e.g., merchandise hidden inside of containers, merchandise under carts, price labels switched).
1 year retail experience as a cashier.
Head Of Machine Learning & Data Science
Head of Machine Learning & Data Science Head of Machine Learning & Data Science
Machine Learning, Team Management, Risk Management, Team Leadership, Leadership, Merchant Services SF Based Fintech & Merchant Services Company that changed the mobile payment game is looking for a Head of Machine Learning to join their team.
Top Reasons to Work with Us You will be building and leading a world-class team of data scientists and engineers who are focused on identifying fraud and risk as well as working to improve our customers experience.
What You Will Be Doing Lead a world-class team of data scientists, engineers, and product managers Hiring exceptional talent and coaching and developing your team Help define the direction for our risk management strategy; work with key stakeholders to implement it Coach your team to design and build a distributed and highly available platform Build and shape our data science and machine learning platforms
What You Need for this Position Must have hands-on experience as an engineer at some point in your career Must have a demonstrated ability to earn respect from large technical teams
- Leadership experience- 7-10+ years of industry experience building and coaching world-class data science/engineering teams Proven ability to work cross-functionally and with c-level executives to drive execution Background in Data Science and Machine learning tools to achieve high-impact business goals Ability to provide technical mentorship and guidance If you have proven industry experience building, managing, and mentoring a Data Science/Engineering team, please apply or email me directly... - email@example.com - Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Head of Machine Learning & Data ScienceCA-San FranciscoJC9-1405488
Head Of Engineering And Machine Shop
Join Team Tecan. Join the Market Leader.
Work in an international and dynamic environment.
Tecan is a leading global supplier of solutions for the biopharma, forensic and diagnostic industries. The company is a leader in the development, production and distribution of advanced automation and detection solution for the world’s leading life science laboratories.
Tecan SP, Inc. is looking to hire for our Head of Engineering and Machine Shop position located in Baldwin Park, CA. office.
Responsibilities are to lead and supervise the Engineering Department and Machine Shop with minimal supervision. Help to continuously improve the Manufacturing Footprint together with Operations/Quality and enable a most efficient Production Process. Drive Engineering Improvements and seek for Cost Reductions. – Drafting, artistic, design, mechanical aptitude, proficient in 3D solid modeling
Reports to: Director of Manufacturing Operations
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Lead multiple projects simultaneously
Establish process capabilities for existing and new processes. Enhance capabilities as necessary.
Setup + Monitor Training Plans to make sure Manufacturing Technicians are regularly trained by Engineers and can solve majority of issued on their own
Work in conjunction with Quality, Procurement and Operations to continuously improve Manufacturing Performance.
Responsible for complete ownership of assigned processes within a value stream which includes problem solving, continuous improvement.
Interact with Production Personnel, Quality Engineers, and Operations Management to meet objectives.
Mentor entry-level Manufacturing Engineers.
Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, production/test equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
Direct tooling design including dies, molds and automated equipment
Direct and manage work flow in machine shop
Supervise the Engineering Department
Coordination between R&D- and Production runs
Responsible for any Improvements in regards to Manufacturing Equipment
Direct Engineers with Troubleshooting and diagnosing of problems in Production
Support the Quality System and Quality Policy by following procedures / work instructions and creating records to meet the requirements of Tecan SP Quality System and ISO registration.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITEIS INCLUDE THE PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB. THE JOB DESCRIPTION SHALL NOT BE CONSTRUED AS A COMPLETE LISTING OF ALL MISCELLANEOUS, INCIDENTAL OR OTHER DUTIES, WHICH MAY BE ASSIGNED DURING NORMAL OPERATIONS.
TRAINING, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
BS degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent work experience
10 years+ of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing methods and systems.
- Practical experience improving processes in a manufacturing operation environment by engaging with production operators and others.
- Leadership skills.
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Project and AutoCAD).
- Lean and Six Sigma experience or Certification a plus.
- 21 CFR Part 820 Quality System Regulation /GMP knowledge is preferred.
- ISO 13485 Experience is preferred
- SAP Experience is preferred
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, supported by a strong technical background.
- Team Player
- Effectively manages competing priorities with a solutions-oriented approach.
- Self-motivated, able to work autonomously and effectively.
- Proven success managing complex projects.
- Cost conscious, always looking toward process improvement and is keenly aware of bottom line and consumer needs. Able to use basic measuring tools.
Virtual Machine Back End Engineer
Virtual Machine Back End Engineer
Post Date 11/13/2017 Company-Division Qualcomm Datacenter Technologies, Inc. - Qualcomm Datacenter Technologies, Inc.
Job Area Engineering
Location North Carolina
Job Overview The Data Center Group in Qualcomm owns building ARM based server platforms capable of running mission critical workloads in the worlds largest data centers. The Data Center Group is looking for an engineer to optimize just-in-time (JIT) compilers for virtual machines to generate optimal ARMv8 code for our platform. Your work will be used by large data centers around the globe. The responsibilities of this position include analyzing workloads to determine bottlenecks, utilize strong knowledge of our micro-architecture and work with the open source communities to drive target specific changes in JIT compilers to generate highly optimized code for our platforms.
The successful candidate will:
- Love to squeeze every bit of performance out of a system + Enjoy working with open source software and in the open source communities All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
Minimum Qualifications5+ years of experience is required in the following:
- High level programming languages such as C, C++ ARM based computer system architecture (core, cache, memory, bus architecture, IOs, etc.) + Hardware/software co-design in Linux based environment + Large scale, widely deployed virtual runtime environments such as Java Virtual Machine (JVM) + Programming language compilers, interpreters, and Just-in-time (JIT) compilers (e.g., LLVM, GCC, HotSpot, HHVM) + Open source software development including upstreaming experience using Git, GitHub, and Gerrit + Performance analysis to generate highly optimized software by profiling and characterizing workloads, generating optimized code, and tuning for optimal CPU and platform performance + Software development and debug methodologies using tools such as GDB
Preferred Qualifications + Experience with cloud, Big Data, and databases technologies + Experience with Linux based performance profiling tools + Strong analytical and teamwork skills with excellent communication skills
Education Requirements Required: Bachelor's, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering Preferred: Master's, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering
- LI-SRC EEO employer: including race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability & veterans status.
Discover career-defining opportunities at TimkenSteel. We are a modern-day startup company with nearly 100 years of steelmaking behind us.
We manufacture some of the world’s cleanest alloy steel using state-of-the-art technologies to help customers push the bounds of what’s possible. And we rely on our core values – ethics and integrity, quality, innovation and independence – to create steel products and services to solve the world’s toughest challenges. This position sets up and operates a manual drilling machine of various lengths and widths of bar stock and is responsible for preparing production reports and performs miscellaneous clean up duties.
The successful candidate must be able to perform the following essential functions: A. Reads work instructions or receives verbal instructions from supervisor or leader.
B. Sets up machine, including breaking down previous set up and disposing of machine components. 1. Reads shop prints and instructions to determine job specifications, including identifying stock dimensions, hole location and dimension and machining tolerances. 2. Determines requirements for tools and withdraws items from tool room. 3.
Sets up face-off slide including changing out face and back plates. 4. Repositions steadyrests on machine bed, including loosening hold down bolts with Allen wrench, pushing or pulling steadyrest into position. 5. Repositions face-off slide and whip supports on machine bed. 6.
Removes head from drill bar, utilizing 36 inch pipe wrench manually, or turning pipe wrench by utilizing overhead crane to pull on wrench handle. 7. Unloads drill bar from machine, including loosening whip supports and tail stock, pulling bar out of hip supports and chucks, and positioning on wheeled rack. 8. Pushes wheeled rack to move drill bars to and from bar storage racks. 9.
Loads drill bar into machine, including pushing and guiding end of bar into position in first whip support pushing bar through whip supports, chucks, and positions and tightening whip supports and tail stock. 10. Attaches head to drill bar, tightening head by hand or with 36 inch pipe wrench. 11. Inserts cutting tools into head, utilizing machinists hammer to seat tools. 12.
Attaches or removes coolant return connecting pipe to tail of drill bar, including lifting connecting pipe into position attaching or removing collar, and tightening or loosening collar with 36 inch pipe wrench, chain wrench, or hammer. C. Loads bar stock into machine for boring and unloads finished stock. 1. Pushes loaded trolley into or out of building. 2.
Attaches sling to sleeve and moves sleeve to and from stock, utilizing one hand to operate controls of overhead crane to support and move sleeve, while simultaneously guiding sleeve into position around end of stock with second hand. 3. Positions sleeve on stock by manually pushing or pulling into place. 4. Loosens or tightens sleeve hold down bolts, utilizing Allen wrench and calipers to ensure bar stock is centered inside sleeve while tightening. 5.
Attaches sling to stock and moves stock to and from machine, utilizing one hand to operate controls of overhead crane to support and move stock, while simultaneously guiding stock in position with second hand. 6. Tightens chuck jaws around stock, utilizing 22 inch chuck wrench to manually rotate chuck, and tighten jaws. 7. Raises or lowers steadyrest heads.
D. Operates Machine. 1. Activates controls to move cutting head into position against bar stock. 2. Starts up and operates machine, setting and adjusting speeds and feeds from control panel. 3.
Monitors operation of machine, including checking stock inside diameter with micrometer, bore length with tape measure, chips in coolant exhaust stream, etc. 4. Removes and replaces cutting tools, including adjusting position of drill bar for retooling, utilizing 36 inch pipe wrench to turn bar. E.Other miscellaneous duties as instructed by Supervisor.
Education and Experience: * Required -HSD or GED with a minimum of 2 years of machine operating experience. * Preferred - HSD or GED with a minimum of 1 year as a previously certified TMS operator. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Requisition ID: 10662 Posted: 10/16/2017
Machine Operator - Quilting/Wind-Up/Feed Operator
- Quilting/Wind-up/Feed Operator
31-Oct-2017 to 30-Dec-2017 (EST)
Louisville, KY, USA + $11.00
Full Time Includes health, dental, life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays, vacation. Email Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job 3 Day work week! Production Bonus!! Sign On Bonus up to $1,750!!! $1.00/hr Shift Differential Louisville Bedding, a manufacturer of bedding components, in the Jeffersontown area is looking for Quilting/Wind-up/Feed Operators for our evening shifts. Operators needed for either Sunday
6am Availability for occasional Saturday overtime. Essential duties and responsibilities includes the following:
Loads and secures cloth onto continuous industrial quilting machine and assists with starting the quilting process.
Feeds and secures continuous quilted cloth onto wind-up bar and starts roll up process.
Cuts quilted cloth run, using scissors, at the designated point based on yardage specs.
Removes completed rolls of quilted cloth from the wind-up unit and places on pallets.
Starts new roll of quilted cloth onto wind-up bar without stopping machine.
Secures roll ends, weighs, bags, and labels previously finished quilted rolls, scans, and stores on supply rack, using hoist.
Checks width of quilted rolls and visually inspects quilted cloth for defects during wind-up operation.
Records weights and widths of batting rolls.
Maintains expected quality goals.
Maintains expected production goals.
Observes all department and company safety rules.
Maintains a clean work area. Properly disposes of trash and scrap at the end of the shift and as needed.
Any other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS
Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions and conduct basic mathematics involving weight measurements.
While performing duties, employee will be regularly required to stand, walk, stoop and bend in order to operate equipment.
Must grip, push, pull and reach over shoulder level with both hands.
Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
May be required to wear personal protective equipment.
Must be able to pass criminal background check and screening for illegal substances.
Inserting/Imaging Machine Operator (3Rd Shift)
* Sunday night - Friday Morning
* 3rd shift 11:00 pm to 7:30 am
* Perform all equipment functions as noted on the work order/job ticket.
* Prepare supplies to operate equipment. Maintain proper work flow and distribution throughout run for both the form impression and numbering head fountains, where required. Match ink colors as necessary.
* Check paper for type, size, color and quantity.
* If Applicable, check plates for correct format; mounts on plate cylinders with sufficient packing so as to make proper impression, as applicable. Adjust water rollers to deliver proper moisture to plate cylinders and maintain water fountain solution supply.
* Visually inspect forms throughout run for quality checks, registrations, looking at inking, numbering sequence, clear impression.
* Coordinate with Production Team to produce and prioritize jobs, and when necessary reorganize to meet deadline changes and updates.
* Maintain knowledge of safety requirements of job and equipment; be familiar with Material Safety Data Sheets regarding chemicals used.
* Operate collator to produce customized jobs.
* Visually inspect forms throughout run for quality checks and numbering sequence.
* Clean and maintain equipment and work area following maintenance procedures and update maintenance logs.
* Monitor and manage inventory of supplies. Order and stock supplies as instructed by supervisor.
* S. Diploma or equivalent.
* High degree of mechanical ability.
* High degree of analytical and mathematical ability.
* Must be able to read and understand written instructions.
* Good color discernment is very important.
* Need high degree of analytical ability.
* Must be able to work with very close tolerances.
* Must be able to communicate with other press operators.
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees.
We offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, profit sharing, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay. Eligible employees may take advantage our health, dental & vision benefits, as well Holiday Pay beginning the first day of employment.
Taylor Communications is a go-to-market subsidiary of Taylor Corporation. For more than a century, we've been providing outstanding service and developing innovative products that leverage the technology of our time. By providing market-specific insights and a compelling portfolio of solutions to the healthcare, financial services, commercial and industrial markets, we have become the recognized leader in the management and execution of mission-critical communications.
For more information, visit .
Embroidery Machine Operator
The Embroidery Machine Operator will work with garments, other cloth materials, and an embroidery machine. The operator may also have some sewing duties, either by hand or machine. Embroidery of company logos to uniforms and hats might also be required. The ideal candidate is also expected to be able to know how to maintain the machines, which includes applying oil and cleaning the machines so that they run smoothly.
Essential Duties and
- Operate commercial embroidery machines to create designated garments and pieces.
- Operate a Tajima 6 or 8 head embroidery machine on a daily basis.
- Load and ready fabric, threads, needles and goods.
- Ensure items are embroidered with correct logo and colors as noted on work order.
- Follow style, color and design guidelines to create standard products.
- Inspect orders to ensure product built matches customer requirements.
- Ensure quality of final product.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in clean and orderly condition.
- Report defective material or questionable condition to the department supervisor.
- Contribute and adhere to safety and quality.
- Communicate status of operation in a timely manner to management including any safety and/or process problems.
- Strong digitizing knowledge required.
- Wilcom software experience needed.
- At least 3 years of embroidery machine experience.
- Proficient computer skills in Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills, Communication Skills, Time Management Skills and Self-Motivation.
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs. or more if required.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- Work long hours on feet
- Stand for long periods of time
- Walk for long periods of time
- Bending over
- Lifting and pulling
Universal Machine Operator
As part of a 2 man team, under the Specialties Supervisor, sets up, operates and maintains a 6 head sander to produce boards to specified and uniform thickness and finishes. This position reports directly to the Supervisor of Specialties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The 2 man crew will work together and alternate Operator and Driver/Checker positions.
Insure that correct boards (caliper thickness and check size) are loaded onto feed conveyor for scheduled production.
Set machine with correct belts (grit size), heads (upper, lowers or both), dust collection gates and speed for required product.
Adjust all sanding heads for correct amount of stock removal and surface finish. Each board is visually inspected at the flip table and graded as acceptable or unacceptable for the scheduled product run.
Defects are recorded on the touch screen and boards are assigned to stackers by classification. Identify and tag all units. Finished units are removed and transported/stacked in pre-determined storage areas by product.
Observes operation of equipment for malfunctions; changes sandpaper and belts, as necessary; lubricates moving parts. Checks dust collecting system for malfunction and for lack of room for dust accumulation; calls to attention of supervisor, and makes adjustments as necessary.
Keeps daily production record and time records, Marks finished loads.
Estimated production rate – 3200 boards/shift.
Is required to perform maintenance work.
Maintains work area and equipment in clean and orderly condition.
Work assignment is on rotating shift basis.
Is subject to 24 hour call.
Performs other duties as directed.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma
1 Year of experience in a manufacturing or factory environment
Fork Lift Certification
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Must pass a drug screen and criminal background check
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Excellent organizational skills and able to do basic math
Ability to operate computer touch screen.
Able to work independently with attention to detail
Able to follow direction and work effectively in a team environment
Able to respond to stressful situations in a professional, courteous manner
Able to work various times during day, night or weekend hours
Able to effectively prioritize assignments to meet long-term and short-term deadlines
Able to train and direct other employees
Process, product and technical knowledge with varied equipment and automation processes.
Must have reliable form of transportation
Must have either a cell phone or home land line
Machine Operator / Production Operator
Now hiring 1st and 2nd shift at $11 hr to start
The Company offers a competitive hourly wage and comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k), 10 paid holidays, paid vacation and personal days. Manufacture of silicone-based sealants, adhesives and lubrication products, plus PVC foam materials, for a wide range of applications.. Currently, we are experiencing growth in our PVC Foam and Silicone Sealants and Adhesives divisions. Openings exist for experienced talent for 1st and 2nd shift production opportunities.
- Experienced Mixers (5+ years’ experience)
- Machine Operators
- Packaging Operators
- Quality Control Technician (5+ years ‘experience)
- Set up machines (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start a production cycle
- Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed)
- Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools
- Test operation of machines periodically
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift
- Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Maintain activity logs
- Proven experience as a machine operator
- Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer etc.)
- Understanding of production procedures
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Physical stamina and strength 15 lbs to 40 lbs lifting
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!