Developer Job Description Sample
We're a web and mobile product development consultancy based in Baltimore, MD. You’ll always be learning and surrounded by smart, hardworking people.
We strive to create an environment where everyone has the freedom to create the best products for our clients. What does that mean?
- Our team is always improving our process. Have an idea for how to work smarter? We want to hear it. We’re constantly looking for ways to build better software with less stress.
- No separate project management. We know you do your best work when you control the deadlines and client expectations. There are no layers in between you and the client: you have ownership of the project.
- We emphasize communication. We have daily standup meetings, constantly hang out on chat, and encourage open and honest communication, both internally and with our clients. This reduces stress, improves your work environment, and results in better work.
We’re looking for engineers who can handle the full process, from client communication to implementation.
- Excellent technical skills. We are looking for developers with significant hands-on experience and smart developers who are early in their careers. You can hit the ground running, or grow into your full potential.
- Independence and drive. We have a systematic process, and we support each other, but we’re counting on internal motivation and initiative from every team member.
- Control your destiny. We expect our team to team to take ownership of their projects. You have the power to make decisions that will lead to the best work for our clients.
- Communication skills. Because we don’t have separate project managers, you must be adept at putting technical problems into plain English.
- Work on a team that treats code as craft: Every developer on our team is committed to agile development practices and maintaining high code quality. We’re thoughtful about crafting excellent user experiences and writing extensible, maintainable, and well-tested code.
- Never drive in rush hour traffic again: You only have to be in the office from 10 am to 3:30 pm. Fill in the rest of your 40 hours when you can. Plus we work remotely every Friday. You can choose whether to get stuff done in the office, in your favorite coffee shop, or on your couch.
- Kiss stress goodbye: We have a constantly improving process for completing client work, which eases stress and streamlines all operations in the company.
- Top-of-the-line tools: Choose the hardware you want and we’ll make it happen. Standing desks, ergonomic keyboards, educational materials, etc.— we invest in whatever our developers need to do their best work.
- Eat well: We’ve got a grocery budget. Just tell us what you want us to keep in stock and we'll get it. Breakfast? Nutella? It’s on. Plus, we provide company lunch once a week. Yum.
- Learn constantly: Our projects typically last a few months, which means you’ll quickly gain experience working with a variety of technologies. We take professional development seriously and allocate the time and budget to prove it.
- Engage with your community: SmartLogic helps to organize BohConf, Ignite RailsConf, Bmore on Rails, Baltimore Elixir and Erlang, Baltimore AI / ML, and sponsors tons of community events. Have ideas of what you’d like the company to support? We’re all ears.
- Choose your own team: Our interview process is based on maintaining the best culture for creating excellent technology. You will be interviewed directly by our developers. Before too long, you could be interviewing your next teammate. Work with people you know you can teach—and learn from—because you helped to choose them.
- Team up: Not only do we talk to each other all the time, we give more than lip service to working together and trading ideas. Beyond regularly pair programming and thorough code reviews, we hash things out at weekly company lunches, and we even started a quarterly internal conference.
- All the basics: We offer competitive pay, medical, dental, and vision insurance, retirement investment matching, and paid vacation.
- Work in a great environment: We’re dedicated to providing office space that’s aesthetically and intellectually pleasing. We’re currently located in a beautiful office with tons of windows in Canton, where we’re surrounded by other technology companies.
- Diversity and inclusion: We are continuously working to cultivate a supportive and inclusive workplace that recognizes and respects diversity of background, experience, and thought. We believe that diversity benefits both our company culture and the software we write.
The Developer will the responsible for analyzing specifications, designs logic, writes code, customizes products, tests, debugs and documents software applications.
- Coordinates with other technical teams to ensure compatibility with other modules and applications.
- Consults with users and stakeholders to ensure that requirements are met.
- Enforces change management policies.
- Develops Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML) that is primarily used for files that are posted on the internet and viewed by web browsers.
- Assist with developing email message using HTML
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Familiar with software development lifecycle and configuration management
- Familiar with front-end frameworks such as Bootstrap, React, Pure CSS, and/or Semantic UI
- Familiarity with formatting forms and DataTables using these frameworks
- Experience with Python, MongoDB, and Git version control
- High school diploma
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- ES6 experience
- Familiarity with scientific terms and definitions
Swank Motion Pictures is looking for a developer to assist a growing team to work on innovative and leading edge solutions. We are looking for someone to join an existing, motivated and productive development team in delivering enterprise-level solutions.
This position is responsible for upholding the values and mission of the Information Systems department and the Development team. This includes the establishment of customer service and satisfaction standards. Communication and understanding of customer objectives and our progress toward fulfilling these objectives is paramount to the success of this role.
Candidate will work in a team environment using a variety of technologies for building leading edge solutions for both internal as well as customer facing media playback solutions. Solutions employ advanced video security techniques including forensic watermarking, Digital Rights Management (DRM) and encryption. Technologies used include but not limited to:
- Work on the latest web technologies including: Angular, ASP.NET MVC, Web API and Typescript
- Work on the latest technologies of .NET 4.x and .Net Core
- Windows Server and Linux
Calling all software developers with 2+ years of practical experience already in the New Hope area!
We’re looking for well-rounded technologists who aren’t yet full-stack but looking to gain those skills. The key technologies: good fundamental core Java as well as J2EE.
Key traits that show that you’ll rock this role:
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strong results—be prepared to talk about this!
- Strong core Java, J2EE, Spring, and Angular skills
- Information retrieval (Lucene/solr) chops
- Interest in mentoring others
- Bonus points for VoIP/Asterisk skills
The team you’d be joining:
- An Agile dev team of 2-4 developers and a lead navigating 2 week sprints
- Most teams have a dedicated QA analyst
You will be working in our office, located in Piscataway, NJ. This entry-level position is ideal for applicants with a technical background who enjoy working in a cutting-edge environment. Our Developer team develops specifications for moderately complex software programming applications and modifies and/or maintains the existing software. As an entry-level Developer, you will collaborate and interface with a strong Agile / Scrum team during the development phases of the SDLC, work hard, learn a lot, and have fun.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO:
• Design and/or code applications following specifications using the appropriate tools
• Maintain and modify existing applications
• Perform maintenance programming for existing version(s) of products
• Perform customized programming at customer’s request
• Assume responsibility for ongoing data architecture for product
• Ensure the continuous integrity of the system, including data integrity when developing, maintaining or enhancing applications
• Keep technically current on each upgrade; read technical manuals and journals; subscribes to internet list servers
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participate in the design of software modifications or enhancements
• Keep the supervisor apprised of any problems or schedule slips as soon as they are apparent
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
Experience, Competencies and Education
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Mathematics or technically related field or equivalent related work experience (0-2 years)
• Previous brokerage industry experience and business knowledge highly desirable
• Creative, self-starter and ability to work independently
• Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to other technical employees
• Ability to interface well with non-technical employees
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
C# and C++
• Desired: SQL, Oracle, and/or Microsoft Visual Studio
We are looking for an experienced web developer to join our team in Boston as we work collaboratively with our client partners on strategy and vision, design awesome modern user experiences, and develop and deliver high quality products. We make an effort to keep current with the ever-changing landscape of tools and techniques in our industry and are looking for like-minded candidates.
An ideal candidate builds systems in a collaborative way, practices test-driven development, knows git inside and out, and has read the DevOps Handbook.
You should have experience with React, Ember, or other modern frontend frameworks, and with building APIs using Node, Ruby, Elixir, or other prominent server technologies. We are constantly evaluating and trying out languages and technology, and knowing things like Go, Haskell, Elm, or Lua is a bonus. We also love stitching together operations as part of our work, knowing things like Docker, AWS, Azure, and other cloud PaaS is also a bonus.
Roughly half of our work is helping our clients design and develop new and innovative products in health IT. Having a background or experience in health IT or bioinformatics is a bonus.
We pair-program, internally and with our client partners. Candidates would have to be in the Boston area and able to commute to our downtown office to work. There is likely some amount of travel. We offer competitive salary, a superb self-directed 401K plan, 100% coverage of health insurance premium, free MBTA transit pass, annual professional development and conference budget, and other perks.
Datascan is a provider of wholesale and audit intelligence in the automotive industry. Datascan's solutions are the most comprehensive in the industry, providing banks, independent finance companies, and captive financial institutions with clarity critical to their success – helping them manage risk while increasing productivity and profits. All of our solutions are web-based and delivered from our state-of-the-art DataScan-managed data centers.
Develops software solutions to meet requirements through team and individual efforts. Participates in the analysis and composition of requirements, learn architecture and gains product knowledge. Should be able to adapt to new languages, methodologies, and platforms to meet the needs of the product.
Our Mid-level Developer learns and collaborates with senior developer(s) to translate designs and technical concepts into production ready code. You should be comfortable writing code from scratch.
Build product knowledge
Follow good SDLC and coding practices
Actively seeks input from senior developer(s) to validate code
Stay abreast of development technologies and collaboratively brainstorm new ideas with other developers
Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills
Skills And Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related IT discipline
Strong understanding of object oriented programming
Experience with Java, SQL & Unix Technical skills including understanding of software development principles
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Strong teamwork, communication skills and time management abilities.
Self-directed team player who thrives in a continually changing environment
Previous knowledge on application server Example: Weblogic, JBoss, etc
Understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / Mercurial / SVN
Knowledge of relational database concepts
Understanding of Software Design Patterns
Prior experience with different software methodologies (Waterfall, Kanban, Agile, etc.)
We're a global company of thinkers, designers, and doers. Freeman partners with our clients to build a connection with their customers by creating brand experiences that are seamless, innovative, and immersive. From strategy, creative, and digital to logistics and event technology, our teams place the client at the center, helping them connect to people in meaningful and personal ways. What makes us unique is our collaborative culture, intuitive knowledge, global perspective, and personalized approach developed from our 90-year legacy as an industry leader. Freeman connects people to a universe of opportunities that create a spark, build understanding, and inspire action.
The .NET Developer will be involved in all aspects of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) developing software applications to adhere to designs supporting business requirements. They will work on new projects as well as support existing applications and be expected to communicate project level status of their assigned tasks on a daily basis. The .NET Developer is expected to work on assignments related to common goals and objectives. They may participate in discovery initiatives for new projects to identify solution options and estimate overall project costs/duration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Design, develop and configure solutions using Microsoft Solutions Framework
Troubleshoot issues, recommend appropriate solutions, and support resolution accordingly for the Microsoft application environment
Work with Business/Technical Analysts, Project Managers, and other team members during the SDLC phases to understand and implement the desired business functionality
Update project leads timely on at-risk tasks where timeline adjustments need to be made
Provides accurate work estimates for development efforts
Create technical specifications for assigned work
Plan and execute unit integration of assigned work
Liaison with other development, infrastructure and operations teams
Utilizes and applies secure coding standards and best practices for developed solutions
Develop prototypes for design, development, usability, review and evaluation
Develop user interface designs
Provide support for existing and new Microsoft applications
Stay abreast of leading edge of technologies, design patterns and best practices
Participate in complex technical decisions
Recommend opportunities to improve process, effeciency and results
Develop partnerships within the members of the IT Team
Perform other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science preferred, or equivalent combinaton of education and experience
Three (3) or more years of experience in the related field in a large corporation or consulting environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Three (3) or more years working knowledge, production support, and configuration experience of relevant systems applications required
Three (3) or more years of experience using Microsoft Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server
At least one year of GIT experience
Three (3) or more years of experience with waterfall and agile software development methodologies
At least one year of experience with Angular (2+)
Need to be familier with Azure, Docker and Kafka (or similar event streaming technologies)
Experience with Microsoft Visio building UML, flowcharts and workflow diagrams
Two (2) or more years of experience participating on cross-functional, major project initiatives
Experience with a minimum of two (2) business domains
Experience with supporting different types of implementations including: enhancement/support projects, new development projects and third party package software
Must have strong PC skills and working knowledge with Microsoft Office products, SharePoint and tracking software
Freeman is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, marital status, military and protected veteran status, genetic information, political affiliation or any other legally protected status. If you require accessibility assistance or accommodation for a disability when applying for open positions please email us at HR@freemanco.com.
For HR related questions, please send an email to HR@freemanco.com or call the People Service Center at 1-833-276-4979.
Equal Employment Opportunity Poster (English) * (Español)
The contractor shall function as a Developer
MINIMUM TASKS TO BE PERFORMED:
Provide sys admin support
Prepares scripts that are necessary to control the online, batch, backup processes, and other operation support activities for the PSC Business Office systems.
Compiles the monthly server logs for backup
Assists in providing data and resolving any information requests for various audits and reviews.
Maintains multiple system environments required for version upgrades, etc., including Production, Development, Test and Training.
Perform logical and physical data model including database sizing.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/ MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Bachelors Degree in a computer science, engineering management or other engineering or technical discipline is required with 5 years experience; 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
If you have previously applied to a position on our website, input your e-mail address and passwordbelow to login. Then simply click "Add to My Jobs" to apply for additional positions.There is no need to complete an employment application more than once.
If you do not remember your password click here.
Back to Search Results
Kforce Government Solutions, Inc. (KGS) is a provider of financial, transformation, and technology solutions to the federal government. For more than 40 years, KGS has partnered with defense and federal civilian agencies to help solve complex mission and business challenges.
KGS Affirmative Action Statement
Federal Workplace Posting
DeveloperReq I D
DescriptionJOB SUMMARY: Developer I is a technical/analyst
position, with shared responsibility for the development and maintenance of
various accounting systems, and automated interfaces which are utilized by all
departments within the Caesars Entertainment Business Services organization.
This position is also responsible for data collection and analysis and user
support under the direction and guidance, or in conjunction with, other
technical team members. DIRECTLY SUPERVISES (PLEASE LIST POSITION TITLES): None
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS: • Ideal candidate is a strategic thinker who is able to
participate and eventually lead system and process improvement initiatives. • Able
to quickly learn the Caesars Entertainment Business Services existing financial
systems and data architecture, and act as a primary resource for determining
how best to utilize, or improve upon, those data assets to provide business
value. • Able to document and communicate clear and concise recommendations and
technical specifications for the automation of processes to increase
efficiencies and improve end-to-end processes • Deliver automation, data
analysis, and presentation tools using service and web based architectures. • Provide
problem/issue analysis and resolution skills, inclusive of ability to document
and communication root cause analysis and issue resolution. • Act as a liaison
between front line Finance employees and the project development team.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer
Science or related field. One to three years of experience in a technical
product development environment, preferably in an Accounting/Finance field.
Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all
situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business.
MandatoryQUALIFICATIONS: Required: • Experience with production
operating systems, transaction processing systems, relational database
architecture, and various types of computer equipment. • Advanced knowledge of
Microsoft Office Suite, Visual Basic, SQL Server, and the Microsoft .Net framework.
- Experience in multiple programming languages and tools, including at least
one of the following: PowerShell, SQL, SSIS, VB, C+, .net • Administration
experience with Windows and Microsoft server tools. • Demonstrated database
design experience, with specific emphasis on database modeling and design.
Desired• Experience in more than one operating system and/or
environments. Experience with Oracle Cloud ERP and/or EPM applications. • Web
development experience, specifically in database backed web development, HTML
4/5, and CSS. • Experience with Powershell scripting. • Demonstrated ASP and C#
expertise. • Experience with Azure and Denodo.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!